Off Line Download of Intelligent Message Filter

Is it possible for me to manually download an Intelligent Message Filter
update at my office and install it on my client's Exchange Server?
We have a much faster connection than my client.
We do not have Exchange Server at my office.

Thank you in advance.

--

Regards,

Allan C

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:22:16 -0400, "Allan C"
<proven_solutions@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is it possible for me to manually download an Intelligent Message Filter
>update at my office and install it on my client's Exchange Server?
>We have a much faster connection than my client.
>We do not have Exchange Server at my office.
>
>Thank you in advance.

There is, IIRC an article for this one.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/4977aa98-71db-4a44-b69f-27aaa8e3715b.mspx?mfr=true
explains a little about the path. I think you can update a server and
then extract the directory from the updated one and apply it to the
one to update. Clearly a little USB stick is your friend here.

Test, obviously, before doing this on your punters kit.
0
mark7219 (5666)
8/18/2006 2:39:24 PM
I only have access to the one server.
I was hoping to be able to 'simply' download it to my XP PRO computer and
copy to a USB key.

--

Regards,

Allan C

In news:egx0SFtwGHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Allan C <proven_solutions@hotmail.com> typed:
> Is it possible for me to manually download an Intelligent Message
> Filter update at my office and install it on my client's Exchange
> Server?
> We have a much faster connection than my client.
> We do not have Exchange Server at my office.
>
> Thank you in advance.

Just curious....the update can't be very big...how long is it taking to
download there? What's their Internet connection - two orange juice cans and
a piece of string? :)

0
lanwench (7567)
8/19/2006 5:40:59 PM
It is 64k single channel ISDN.

It would be a lot more efficient to install 15 times from a USB or network
drive rather than that number of downloads.

--

Regards,

Allan C
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

In news:%23zx$jUHxGHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
Allan C <proven_solutions@hotmail.com> typed:
> It is 64k single channel ISDN.

Well, that isn't too speedy, but how big is this pattern update file?

> It would be a lot more efficient to install 15 times from a USB or
> network drive rather than that number of downloads.

Sure - WSUS can do all sorts of things, but they'd still have to download it
once the first time.

> Allan C
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:eZLNla7wGHA.4576@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> In news:egx0SFtwGHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
>> Allan C <proven_solutions@hotmail.com> typed:
>>> Is it possible for me to manually download an Intelligent Message
>>> Filter update at my office and install it on my client's Exchange
>>> Server?
>>> We have a much faster connection than my client.
>>> We do not have Exchange Server at my office.
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>> Just curious....the update can't be very big...how long is it taking
>> to download there? What's their Internet connection - two orange
>> juice cans and a piece of string? :)

0
lanwench (7567)

Only able to send messages in Unicode when in Outlook
I have a user that is only able to send messages in Unicode when in Outlook Web Access. I cannot find any setting that controls this. All other users are fine. He is the only Mac user that uses OWA in a Mac. Please help. Richard C. Goodlett - Information Technologies Manager Urban Design Group, Inc. 15950 North Dallas Parkway, Suite 325 Dallas, Texas 75248-6615 972 788-9242 972 788-9234 Fax rgoodlett@urbandesigngroup.com ...

Error message: Office cannot connect to the internet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When trying to use the translate function in the reference tools, office gives the error message &quot;Office cannot connect to the internet&quot; I know for a fact that my computer is connected to the internet so I am left very confused. Your computer very well may be connected to the internet but apparently it isn't sharing that resource with Office... Check the settings in System Preferences for the applications, Firewall & User Account. Once they're set correctly run Disk Utility - Rep...

Is there a command line string I can use to send email?
If I can send email from a command prompt I can figure out a way to do a mass email to a list of people volunteering for something where I work - the list changes daily. Sandra <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote: > If I can send email from a command prompt I can figure out a way to > do a mass email to a list of people volunteering for something where > I work - the list changes daily. Check the tools here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Brian Tillman ...

Advanced Filter...Load from Query...Help!
I have a report that I am trying to filter. I have created a filter unter the Advanced...Advanced Filtor/Sort option (in Access 2007). I then Saved the Query, but later after the Report has been closed out, I have tried Advanced...Advanced Filter/Sort... Load from Query, but the selection list is always blank. The query is saved and I can execute it, etc... but I cannot get it to be loaded as the filter source. Am I doing something wrong or is this an Access bug? Thanks! ...

Reading pane does not match message list
I've been using WLM desktop for a over a year with no problems at all. I just had to do a complete recovery on my PC, including an update to WLM 2009, which meant doing an export / import. All seemed to go fine. But, as of this morning many of my storage folders, but not all, show all the correct messages in the message list, but the reading pane always shows the same message. I first thought that it was the result of the import process, but I see that even messages I moved to the folders this morning are behaving the same way. I've even rebooted the PC, but I still ...

Changing line appearance for future values
Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line in a chart for values in the future (like projections)? I would like to go from solid to dashed and keep the same color and weight. Either you format line pieces individually (manual work). Either you use 2 series to plot in the chart. Use IF functions to see on which series a given value should be shown. Use NA() for values that should not be plotted. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "RhysPieces" wrote: > Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line...

Error Message #8
When responding to a email that has been received, word will give notice that and error has occured and to I want it to send an error report or not and then shuts down word without saving. This happens several times a day and I can not find anything within the knowledge base as to what may be causing this and how to fix it. I have done all available updates thinking that might correct it but it did not. Please help! ...

Unified Messaging, play WAV in Entourage... HOW?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi, just trying to get Entourage to play the .wav files created by Exchange UM. At the moment, I've unchecked WAVE as a MIME type supported in Quicktime and also -in a desperate attempt to do it the &quot;Mac&quot; way- done a &quot;get info&quot; on a .wav file in the Finder and changed it to open with Entourage. <br><br>Except it still opens with iTunes; meanwhile, in the Entourage mail window it sees the attachment, but doesn't offer &quot;play&qu...

Allow save copies of message option to be set by account
Hello, I'm using IMAP for the first time, but also have POP3 accounts with no IMAP support in Outlook 2007. I want to save a single copy of my sent messages, after they are actually sent. I can't do this in OL 2007, or at least if I can, without a bunch of rules tinkering and/or negating a benefit of IMAP. I don't like the rules setup, because it sends a copy of my POP3 e-mail to the sent items folder when I hit the send button, not when the e-mail is actually sent. I'd like to have the ability to set the option of saving copies at the account level. Now, either I can...

is there any sort of spam filter i can use on ms outlook?
is there any sort of spam filter i can use on ms outlook?? jp <jp> wrote: > is there any sort of spam filter i can use on ms outlook?? http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ is one. There are others. -- Brian Tillman ...

Credit Card Downloads #2
I am thinking of getting Money Plus. I am a current Quicken user and the problem is with credit card download. I have a Master Charge account and in Quicken I have to download the total amount from my bank then I have to split the amounts to the different vendors and catagories. This takes a lot of time to input. Also Quicken allows only 30 splits. Is this the way it is done in Money? I didn't want to try the trial, do all of the setup and findout that I have to do it the same way. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, Al Tyson wrote: > I am thinking of getting Money Plus. I am...

Filter by header to an exchange account
Greetings: I have a mailserver gateway that handles our mail and spam filtering. It tags teh messages with a Header: "X-Spam= YES" How can I "filter" messages with this header and direct them to a specific exchange mailbox/account instead of the original recipient? Thanks, Scott On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:54:31 -0600, "Scott" <scott@invalidUCE.com> wrote: >Greetings: > >I have a mailserver gateway that handles our mail and spam filtering. It >tags teh messages with a Header: "X-Spam= YES" > >How can I "filter" mess...

Fitting Line to Exponential Data
I should be able to do this but can't figure it out in Excel. I want to fit a line to some nonlinear data so I can project intermediate points. I gather I need the LOGEST function for this but I'm not able to make it work. Here are the X-Y pairs: X Y 4.5 0 6 18 10 49 20 77 45 99 Any help, with explanations, would be greatly appreciated so I can do this on my own next time. TIA John Smith - > I should be able to do this but can't figure it out in Excel. I want to fit a line to some nonlinear data so I can project intermediate points...

FP Can't Close Table Message
Does anybody know what causes the FP Can't Close Table message and how to prevent it? Additionally, what does "FP" mean? Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP FP means "Forms Processor." The subsystem within Dynamics that processes the controls, tables and business logic associated with each form within Dynamics. The reasons for FP's in-ability to close a table can vary widely. If you have a reproducable problem (i.e. it occurs regularly) you should discuss the problem with Dynamics support. "Charles Allen" wrote: > Does anybody know what causes the...

I get a file in use message telling me that the file is locked ?
This is a one user computer and the file is not being used. The box containing the error message says "FILE IN USE". If I reboot I can get into the file once only before having the same error message. I have tried saving the file under a different file name but that file acts the same. I have checked permisions and that is not the problem either .....HELP! ...

Error message - cannot log into Outlook
I tried to open an email last night and my computer just stopped -- then a box popped up that says: " This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." "If the problem persists, contact eh program vendor." [with a "close" and "Details" box] I can't get it to go off -- it keeps popping up even after I've shut down my computer (but it won't let me shut down properly -- I have to just hold in the button on the CPU until it shuts down. HELP I can get on the internet and everything else -- but I can't ge...

Message Tracking Center doesn't work in XP
Hi, Exchange System Manager (e2k3 and all tools of server 2003 and Exchange 2003) works fine on Windows XP professional, without tracking center. If I type in all parameters (sender or recipient and server) it starts searching, and will never end. This was the same before migrating to Exchange 2003 (i. e. servers and all tools from version 2000). I've tried to install all tools on a new XP machine - the tracking center doesn't work at all. If I use a windows 2000 professional workstation, the tracking center (2000) works fine and gives result in a few seconds. What may be the rea...

Can't delete email messages
After i received about 300 worm emails, I can not delete any of the emails i have received. When I hit the delete key, I get the following error message " The message interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart outlook". I have Norton Anti Virus, and I have verified that my machine is free of Virus. Even though I have restarted Outlook many times, the problem persists. Any suggestions. thanks for the help Bob Yeary Bob@Yeary.net Oh woe is me. Regardless if you using an ISP or exchange server. Create a new pst file. Move the message you want ...

Can't install update KB9532957...see below message for particulars
I STILL can't install: Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows XP (etc) and Windows Server 2008 R2 ( KB953297 ) More and more system blocks and failures are occuring... PLEASE HELP !!! Many thanks in advance! See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support c...

External messages problem
Hi all, I have this problem with a customer, they have an Exchange 2003 Server (SBS2003). The external mailboxes resides on the ISP so they download messages to internal mailboxes through POP3 connector. This works fine but we see 2 problems: 1) When an internal user wants to send messages to an external user the mail is sended with the "reply-to" pointing to the internal mailbox (not resolvable from internet), so when the external user wants to reply and sends the email the address is not recongnized and the email bounces. 2) If we change the "reply-to" to match the...

Randomly Select cell from filtered list
I need help with generating a random selection of 10 entires from a list. I want the random selection to be able to select cell from the list when it is filtered. As an example I have 100 subjects in 5 different states. I want to filter out one state reducing my list size (by 20). I want to randly select 10 subjects from the filtered list which now has 8o subjects listed. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice GOT INTERFACE? http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/35c59ac7-0594-4f40-8767-d64c223339e7/got-interface.aspx Excel 2007 PivotTable Select 10 subjects at rand...

Filters
Do we have any filters on Exchange 2003? All of a sudden, we can't send emails to hotmail addresses? Hades wrote: > Do we have any filters on Exchange 2003? Yah, but they are not active by default. > > > All of a sudden, we can't send emails to hotmail addresses? What happens when you try? -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com Check to make sure that your server isn't acting as a relay! You may have been blacklisted, if they found your server acting as a relay! Andres "Hades" <no@thank.you.com>...

print filter outlook 2003
If I have a filter selected with the current view, and I try and print it prints off of the items, not the one that are filtered. can some please help. Joe It should only print the fields and items that are visible in the view. Which print style are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote ...

Internet Message Filter updates?
I love this so far -- it seems to work great. My understanding is that it uses the SmartScreen technology where hotmail users mark mails as spam, and it updates itself, "learning" new spam. Will there be updates as the spammers work to get around these filters? I'd even be happy downloading updates weekly by hand if it helped reduce spam for my users. -Ken Curtis ken +at+ kencurtis +dot+ net or curtiske -at- lynnschools -dot- org My understanding is that updates will be made available, not sure on the frequency of them. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetraine...

Filter with Code
I'm a newbie to filters and can do one manually but I'm looking for code that will do the following I have a series of data in 7 columns, 3 of my columns are detailed below and I wish to filter out only those within Salary type that equals "Mth" and place them (with the exact same headings etc in a sheet titled "filtered" StaffNo SalaryType PayRate 1 Week $8.90 2 Week $10.00 3 Mth $15.00 4 Week $7.50 Try recording a macro while you...