Obsolete email addresses

We have exchange server 2000

We are still receiving emails for users who have left the
organisation (accounts now deleted) usually from
automated subscription services.

Is it possible to automatically block or delete these
messages, before they reach the postmaster undeliverable
account, without using any third party software.

Thanks,

Andy
0
anonymous (74722)

Sure is.  Here's how:

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/black_holes_not.html

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchange.co.uk

"Andy H @ cfb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have exchange server 2000
>
> We are still receiving emails for users who have left the
> organisation (accounts now deleted) usually from
> automated subscription services.
>
> Is it possible to automatically block or delete these
> messages, before they reach the postmaster undeliverable
> account, without using any third party software.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

0
neil.hobson (1158)
12/5/2003 12:03:07 PM
Thanks Neil,

Seems to be working on test messages.

Andy

wrote in message
>> We have exchange server 2000
>>
>> We are still receiving emails for users who have left
the
>> organisation (accounts now deleted) usually from
>> automated subscription services.
>>
>> Is it possible to automatically block or delete these
>> messages, before they reach the postmaster
undeliverable
>> account, without using any third party software.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andy
>

>.

0