Object cannot be found in the directory.

I am having a problem updating permissions on a system folder in Exchange
5.5.  I go to the Events Config System folder and select Properties and I
receive the error:  "The object cannot be found in the directory.  This may
be because replication has not completed.  Microsoft Exchange Directory ID
no: c1010aae."
I tried going into raw mode to look at the properties or the raw properties
and I receive the same error.  I tried reapplying SP4.  It did not work.  I
can access all other system folder properties.  I tried logging in as the
account we used for the install and running the services and I receive the
same error message.  I rebooted the server.  Still no luck.  I need to add
some conference rooms to the permissions for this folder and setup the
AutoAccept script.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Can I reinstall Exchange?  Would that work?  Would I have to restore a DB if
so?
Thanks in advance for the help.
0
JimHarris (12)

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:25:03 -0800, "Jim Harris"
<JimHarris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having a problem updating permissions on a system folder in Exchange
>5.5.  I go to the Events Config System folder and select Properties and I
>receive the error:  "The object cannot be found in the directory.  This may
>be because replication has not completed.  Microsoft Exchange Directory ID
>no: c1010aae."
>I tried going into raw mode to look at the properties or the raw properties
>and I receive the same error.  I tried reapplying SP4.  It did not work.  I
>can access all other system folder properties.  I tried logging in as the
>account we used for the install and running the services and I receive the
>same error message.  I rebooted the server.  Still no luck.  I need to add
>some conference rooms to the permissions for this folder and setup the
>AutoAccept script.  Does anyone have any ideas?
>
>Can I reinstall Exchange?  Would that work?  Would I have to restore a DB if
>so?
>Thanks in advance for the help.

I dont have a 5.5 server to look at, but is there a replica of the
folder on the store?
0
adavid (8731)
11/16/2005 11:41:40 PM
I checked and the only folders being replicated is the public folders
heirarchy.  If I try to access the properties from the Public Information
Store, Folder Status??, it gives me the same error.  Even at the root, Events
Config, cannot be accessed. I can access the Events Config_server2 but not
Events Config_server1.  Server 1 is the first Exchange 5.5 server in the
site.

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:25:03 -0800, "Jim Harris"
> <JimHarris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am having a problem updating permissions on a system folder in Exchange
> >5.5.  I go to the Events Config System folder and select Properties and I
> >receive the error:  "The object cannot be found in the directory.  This may
> >be because replication has not completed.  Microsoft Exchange Directory ID
> >no: c1010aae."
> >I tried going into raw mode to look at the properties or the raw properties
> >and I receive the same error.  I tried reapplying SP4.  It did not work.  I
> >can access all other system folder properties.  I tried logging in as the
> >account we used for the install and running the services and I receive the
> >same error message.  I rebooted the server.  Still no luck.  I need to add
> >some conference rooms to the permissions for this folder and setup the
> >AutoAccept script.  Does anyone have any ideas?
> >
> >Can I reinstall Exchange?  Would that work?  Would I have to restore a DB if
> >so?
> >Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> I dont have a 5.5 server to look at, but is there a replica of the
> folder on the store?

0
JimHarris (12)

file not found
I have a project which has a file in it that has only one line of code: const char* buildTime = "Built on " __DATE__ " at " __TIME__; When I compile my project, everything compiles fine except for: Updating buildTime buildTime.cxx fatal error C1083: Cannot open compiler generated file: 'Debug\buildTime.obj': No such file or directory Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe. ARGh....can anyone please tell me how to get this to compile? Thanks, Ike If you are sure there wasn't a compile error somewhere in this file, it may be that, since this file has ...

get a list of file in a directory
Hi. what would be the best way to return a list of files in a directory. I know in VB you could use the dir function, but what should i use in MFC. Doen anyone know of a class available where I could say return all the file in a certain directory and its sub directories Regards Dylan Take a look at the CFileFind MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dylan Franklin" <dyl2000@lineone.net> wrote in message news:eHHBr0MxDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > what would be the best way to return a list of files i...

File Not Found #3
When I send copies of a few worksheets from an Excel file that contains many other worksheets to a new file I get a File Not Found when I try to open the new file how can I get rid of the anoyance? Leslie I am wondering if you are running into a codename issue with a lot of worksheet copying. Normally this is hidden from the user. Open the workbook and then the VBE by pressing Alt+F11 On the left you should see the project explorer and the properties window. In the project explorer take a look at the sheet names. One name is the sheet tab name. The other name is the worksheet code ...

Easiest way to set the File Open default directory?
I've been going through the old posts on this newsgroup and I was wondering if there was a really simple answer to my problem. Other solutions require extending the whole CMyDocManager and overwriting some of its functions. My question is simple: How do I get the File Open dialog to default to the directory where the program is installed? (Wherever the executable is located; it could be C:\Program Files\MyApp, but the user could install it somewhere else too.) This should be the directory that opens up when File->Open is selected after the application is first run. Subsequently, wh...

what does "object not found" mean (2)
After setting up my outlook to manage my e-mail I ran the test and it said that it had been done successfully. However, my messages are not in the inbox. I still have to use comcast webmail for my e-mail. Then, like another user posted it here yersterday I try to send a message in outlook and get the following message: "Operation Failed. Object not found". Please help. Thanks. ...

how to convert CString object to data type
how to convert CString object from a EDIT control to data number for calculation? Thanks, "Y Xu" <y.xu@qub.ac.uk> wrote in message news:OwriAJwiGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how to convert CString object from a EDIT control to data number for > calculation? sscanf() atoi() Dave -- David Webber Author MOZART the music processor for Windows - http://www.mozart.co.uk For discussion/support see http://www.mozart.co.uk/mzusers/mailinglist.htm ...

Sub-directory in regards to forms
Am I able to publish a workable form (that delivers results to an e-mail and to a csv file) in a sub-folder on my web site, using FrontPage 2003? In other words, do all forms have to reside in the upper directory? Yes - the form can be in any folder in the website, but the CSV file should always be placed in the _private folder, since the _private folder normally has permissions that allow the file to be update, and prevent anonymous users viewing it. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be dele...

I think I've found a bug in Excel 2003
I think I've found a bug: You have two Excel 'books' open in one window. One sheet is protected, the other is not. What I want to do is to paces a reference from one sheet into another (in order to have the second sheet dynamically update). The bug comes up if the sheet your are pasting to is locked. When you go to the window menu to select the second (i.e. locked) sheet, the window changes, but everything is locked out, and the option to switch back to the original window is no longer available. Only what to exit is to crash out of program. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead...

HQ Admin Error: To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects(SMO)
I am having a problem with HQ Admin after upgrading to SQL Server Express on my HQ Server computer (running 1.3R). HQ Admin works fine in all respects from this computer. However, when I try to run HQ Admin from any other computer on the network I get this error when I try to connect: To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects(SMO) I can run HQ manager and enter the configuration fine. However, I am restricted from connecting (so I can't run SQL queries). Any ideas? Apparently I am not alone... I found this old post on Goog...

"You can't assign a value to this object"
A user got this error while connected via VPN. The statement was: Me!txtLECDate = Now() The control was on the current screen and not locked or disabled. Any idea what could have caused this? ...

email account not found
I've added my email accounts to Outlook 2003 and they both show up when I go to the "Add or Change" screen. But when I try to move them up or down I get a message, "The specified account was not found. It may have been deleted". Both email accounts are visiable when I try to ad or change them, but when I go to send an email, I get no options when I click on the "Accounts" button to change the accounts. Nor is there a SEND button. Other discussions suggests that this means that Outlook does not recognize an active email account. HELP! Try creating ...

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"

AA - Execute query
Hi, I have tried executiong an AA (Analytical Accounting) Query but get the following error: Unhandled object exception: Invalid class string I am on GP10 SP2 Any ideas? -- Thanks guys:) Neillin Hi Neillin Can you check if the printer is installed on the client machine and if the GPConn.dll file is on the client machine? Also if you would like to contact Microsoft Support and send in the AA30000/AA40000 series table data. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Neillin" wrote: > Hi, > > I have tried execution...

Distribution Account Not Found
In posting a SOP batch an invoice came up with errors, 'distribution account not found' for the items. The account was the inventory account. The items were checked via inventory>cards and the relevant accounrts were input. I went in via SOP and made the corrections. the batch posted successfully. Inventory though was not updated. How could this have happened? and Why was the Inventory not updated? Are you sure the item(s) in question on the invoice didn't have some character such as a period or a space in them that would have made them non-inventory? Frank H...

Drawing Objects disappear from charts
My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. After adding a text box or lines to a chart, the objects disappear when I click outside the chart. They reappear when I then click on the chart. Also, if I move the chart, the objects appear on the worksheet. How do I "attach" the objects to the chart without Grouping them? Grouping them works, but seems cumborsome to use if I want to make changes to the format or data series. On Feb 19, 3:22 pm, Dave <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. > >...

Object reference is not set to an instance of an object #2
After creating a custom entity, everything worked well. I think things went wrong after I added a N:1 relationship with Account and added the lookup field to my form view. The form seems to work but when pushing the save-button I get the following error message: "Object reference was not set to an instance of an object". If someone had any idea how I can fix this, please let me know! thx -- Erik De Cordt Assusoft nv Hi Erik, I remember having received this error in the past when I had tried to create a relationship without publishing the custom entity first. Publish the cus...

Can't access a System object in xaml
Hi, I have this xaml code that I'm trying to use in a Window... <ListBox xmlns:sys="clr-namespace:System;assembly=mscorlib" Grid.Column="2" Grid.RowSpan="2"> <Button>Click for a surprise</Button> <Expander> Details <StackPanel> <sys:DateTime>1/1/2007</sys:DateTime> <sys:DateTime>2/1/2007</sys:DateTime> <sys:DateTime>3/1/2007</sys:DateTime> </StackPanel> </Expander> </ListBox> The problem is with the...

Retained Earnings Account Not Found
Hello: Upon year-end close in the General Ledger, the following error message is appearing: "Retained Earnings Account Not Found". It has been determined that this has to do with divisional retained earnings. The two retained earnings accounts are: 2999-01-00-00-100-00 and 2999-01-00-00-400-00. According to a TK article, this sort of closing to divisional retained earnings will not work. Why is that? Also, is the "remedy" to close to just one of these two accounts and simply conduct a manual reclassification entry afterward? childofthe1980s B...

Move object
I always get the crazy requests... they want to add a record, show the record as a field on the screen, then be able to move it around, so first things first... Trying to move a field using the arrow keys: Private Sub Text87_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) 'Debug.Print KeyAscii If KeyAscii = vbKeyRight Then Me.Text87.Left = Me.Text87.Left + 500 Repaint ElseIf KeyAscii = vbKeyLeft Then Me.Text87.Left = Me.Text87.Left - 500 Repaint End If End Sub A record has a position in a recordset but not in a table. Unfortunately, the ...

Can I retrieve a lost/deleted Directory? #2
I am going to send this again because it's been over an hour and it hasn't showed up yet. Thanks "Mike" wrote in message news:... > Today I noticed a directory is missing. It was there yesterday. I suspect > my 8 year old granddaughter had something to do with it. Is there a way to > retrieve it? It was in a subdirectory of my Inbox. There were also two > other directories within this subdirectory. Thanks for any help. > > I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.6515. 6735) SP3 > Hi Mike, Have you checked your Deleted Items. it may be there? --...

How to show objects in a ListBox depedent of their state??
Hi, In my Documentclass is a list of Objects. This objectlist I want t display in a ListBox that sits on a CFormView, which is connected t the document class. Secondly it is necessary, that the ListBoxentrie are diplayed according to the status of the actual object. For exampl one ListBox-Entry shall be green and the other one shall be red.... I derived my own ListBox-Class and overwrote the drawItem()- an measureItem()-method, but I think, in these methods I should get acces to the actual object to be displayed....How can I do this??? I mean, filled the List with "m_ListBox.AddString...

How to return string through output VARIANT from C++ COM object
I need help figuring out how to return a string from a C++ ATL-generated COM object through an output VARIANT parameter that is not the [out,retval] for the function. Here is an example function declaration: ReturnString([out] VARIANT *outString, [out,retval] long *outStatusValue) Here is a simplified fragment of the code I tried to use: STDMETHODIMP CDTREG::ReturnString(VARIANT *outString, long *outStatusValue) { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) if (outString->vt & VT_BYREF) { *v->vt = VT_BYREF | VT_BSTR; *v->pbstrVal = _bstr_t("TestOutput"); } e...

directory select
Hi, Gurus, I am trying to write a program which will allow a user to select a directory instead of a file. How can I do that? I'm using CFileDialog to select. But I am not sure how to let a user to select a directory. Can anyone show me how, or any samples? Thanks so much. Tony Take a look at the SHBrowseForFolder() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Tony Hu" <bytj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eifkZ#pgDHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, Gurus, > > I am trying to write a program which will allow a use...

use CPoint object,but no header file
i can't find header file,atltypes.h. why? ...

Error at Sync "Could not allocate space for object
--------------------------- Headquarters Client --------------------------- Time: 10/20/2009 <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147217900: Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.Journal'.'PK_Journal' in database 'ALOMACHQ' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the fileg --------------------------- OK --------------------------- The error appears to indicate that you may have reached the max limit on your SQL database - SQL Express will support up to 4GB - MSDE is limited to 2G...