OAB field size limitations

Hi, we've noticed several user display names getting cut off within the
offline address book.  There appears to be a limit of 64 characters.
If I look at the corresponding user entry in the "live" address book it
displays correctly.  If I search for the user in my copy of the offline
address book it is cut off at the 64 character mark.

Does anyone know if this is indeed a limitation of the OAB?  I can't
seem to find much about this anywhere.

OAB property filtering for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 OAB Version 4 -
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/04/29/586827.aspx

Dgoldman

"notjustageek" <jwarren126@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, we've noticed several user display names getting cut off within the
> offline address book.  There appears to be a limit of 64 characters.
> If I look at the corresponding user entry in the "live" address book it
> displays correctly.  If I search for the user in my copy of the offline
> address book it is cut off at the 64 character mark.
>
> Does anyone know if this is indeed a limitation of the OAB?  I can't
> seem to find much about this anywhere.

Thanks for the info.

We are currently running Exchange 2003 SP1.  Do you think this article
hints at the fact that the limits in OAB v 4 are different from what
they were in OAB v 3?  Or are these adjustable in v3 as well?

The largest size object you can have in your OAB is 64k, anything after that
its truncated.

> Thanks for the info.
>
> We are currently running Exchange 2003 SP1.  Do you think this article
> hints at the fact that the limits in OAB v 4 are different from what
> they were in OAB v 3?  Or are these adjustable in v3 as well?

Did you mean to say 64 Bytes?

Dave Goldman [MSFT] wrote:
> The largest size object you can have in your OAB is 64k, anything after that
> its truncated.
>
> Dgoldman
> "notjustageek" <jwarren126@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Thanks for the info.
> >
> > We are currently running Exchange 2003 SP1.  Do you think this article
> > hints at the fact that the limits in OAB v 4 are different from what
> > they were in OAB v 3?  Or are these adjustable in v3 as well?

Thanks for the info on the OAB v4 settings.  I setup a test exchange
2003 server and was able to duplicate the name truncating in the OAB.
I then upgraded to sp2 and set the registry value you pointed me to.
After rebuilding the OAB, Outlook correctly displayed the full Display
Name field.  It does appear, then, that this is/was a limitation in the
OAB v2 & v3a that has been changed in v4.

64KB was always the limit. With SP2 we now have greater flexability to
control the sizes and allow us to decrease the size of the details.oab which
is downloaded to the clients.

> Thanks for the info on the OAB v4 settings.  I setup a test exchange
> 2003 server and was able to duplicate the name truncating in the OAB.
> I then upgraded to sp2 and set the registry value you pointed me to.
> After rebuilding the OAB, Outlook correctly displayed the full Display
> Name field.  It does appear, then, that this is/was a limitation in the
> OAB v2 & v3a that has been changed in v4.

64 bytes?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Dave Goldman [MSFT]" <noreply@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 64KB was always the limit. With SP2 we now have greater flexability to
> control the sizes and allow us to decrease the size of the details.oab
> which is downloaded to the clients.
>
> Dgoldman
>
> "notjustageek" <jwarren126@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the info on the OAB v4 settings.  I setup a test exchange
>> 2003 server and was able to duplicate the name truncating in the OAB.
>> I then upgraded to sp2 and set the registry value you pointed me to.
>> After rebuilding the OAB, Outlook correctly displayed the full Display
>> Name field.  It does appear, then, that this is/was a limitation in the
>> OAB v2 & v3a that has been changed in v4.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

UserForm
Greetings, This is quite complex to explain but here goes, below is a mock up of my user form:- Label Title <Value> *Populated from result of combo box1 Combo Box 1 <Value select> Text Box <Value = 'Todays date"> *Populated from result of combo box1 Combo Box 2 <Value select> The form is launched and ONLY Combo Box 1 is set to visible (others on intilisation of form have visible set to FALSE) The user selects a value in Combo box 1 and label and text box are populated and Combo box 1 is then set to disabled (ENABLED = FALSE). The user can either c...

form fields not saving to table

What are the explicit meanings for field RMDTYPAL?
In RM20101 and RM30101, there is a field called RMDTYPAL. I can guess 1 is for invoice, 9 is for payment, 3 is for debit, 7 is for credit. What are the others (5, 8, etc)? Thanks! Steven ...

What's up with the Account Register Fields?
The check number field is smaller... and do you really need a date field so large? Awe shucks Goob, so much for viewing the large check # at a glance. Am I missing something here? At least the field appears across liability accounts. ...

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

Compulsary field
Hi, I have a field called DiaryDate and one called File Status. Within my File Status field there are 5 options (Closed, Pending, Active, Rejected and Sols). My problem is that I want to make the user forced to enter a date in the DiaryDate field, if the Status field is set to anything other than Closed. And pop a message saying something like "You MUST enter a diary date before closing". Is this possible? Thanks, Ritchie. Hi - Try putting something like this in the Before Update event of the form: if me![File Status] <> "Closed" and isnull (me![diaryDate]...

Load image in a unbound control from a attachment field in recor
I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA. PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an attachment field in another recordset The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work Please advise -- Thanks Tom dans l'article 78DC5502-3A76-4562-AA20-736446AB1448@microsoft.com, Tom � Tom@discussions.microsoft.com a �crit le 21/01/08 20:28�: > I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from > the same record...

Hypertext field
I have a field in a form that is set to a hypertext field. I hide the menus to the user and if you right click on the field you cannot edit the hypertext. Is there someway I can include that option when the menus are hidden, or maybe put a button to the side of the field that will allow that function? ...

case lookup fields should search all status
When in either the web or outlook client, you should be able to search all cases using the lookup field. Currently this only searchs active cases, there is not an easy way to search for resolved cases. We create and resolve hundreds of cases per day and have no easy way of searching for cases that have been resolved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

customer email field is grayed out at random times
I have a client that has HQ and 2 stores and when a clerk enters a new customer the the email field is "greyed out", but other fields are fine. This happens at random times. They can create new customers all day and then all sudden the email field is greyed out for one customer, but the next new customer is fine. I checked the security level settings and their is none set. I recently deleted duplicate customers using a script I got from MS tech support and I not sure that could of cause the problem. Thank you for your support Thanks Dave ...

Please Help with Multiple Field Primary Keys
I have two tables in a database that have to use four fields for a unique identifier and primary key. How do I set up a query to set a relationship between those four fields together as one? When I add the tables to the query I see the fields, but I am not having any success properly setting the relationships. The upper half of the query design window is where the 2 tables appear. Drag Field1 from Table1, and drop it into Field1 from Table2. Access displays a join line from one table to the other. Drag Field2 from Table1, and drop it into Field2 from Table2. Repeat for the other 3 f...

Need different page sizes for each page in a catalog
If I go to "page setup" and change the page width for each individual page, it will globally change all page sizes. Is there a way to disable this so that I can make every other page 1/2 inch larger? This will make a "tabbed" brochure/catalog for me that I really need for a project! Thanks in advance for any advice! Cat <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there a way to disable this so that I can make every other page > 1/2 inch larger? No, you cannot apply different sizes to different pages. You could create separate p...

Summing multiple fields
I need to SUM multiple field values in a row. I know how to set it up in the Query design using a calculated field and I realize Excel does this. The reason I want to do it in Access because it seems to have more automation, whereas if I build the query, I can run it for the result, opposed to Excel where more steps might need to be done for the same result. Are there any query wizards in 2003 that automatically calculate multiple field values, or am I stuck by doing it long-hand by setting up the query design calculated field by adding each column/field heading to the field n...

Word, Form Fields, and the Enter Key
I've posted once on this subject, with no reply. I thought I'd try again in a different format. I'm using the code below to act like the Tab Key to go between Form Fields. The problem is that when using the Enter Key, the Form Fields are not Formatted, as they are with the Tab Key. Please, someone copy this code into a blank worksheet and try it yourself, format some Form Fields, and tell me why the code is not formatting the Form Fields. By the way, after using the Enter Key, if I go back to the previous Form Field by using the left arrow or mouse, for example and...

Query result shows all fields
I have not had this issue before with the old .mdb but with 2007 Access , when I am creating or editing a query in design mode, I click or drag only the field names I need, delete all others i dont need, but when I click on the datasheet view - everything else in the tables I used on the query appears - and I have to use hide options to hide them. Its not that hard at first but when you keep doing it over and over it tends to get frustrating. How do I get the query to show only the fields I lined up in the design mode? -- Thank you very much. sunberries wrote: > I have n...

Priv1.edb file size
After spending a lot of time researching this issue. I've realized that offline defrag of these files is questionable. However the account I'm working with uses internet online backup of their exchange data, which gets pretty pricey when you are transfering 6 gig and holding 2 versions and growing. They have been archiving, but that won't really have an effect on the file size. For verification only offline defrag will reduce the size of this file? Trying to reduce cost for them. On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:36:28 -0800, Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

File size #11

Reporting from Project Server

Maximum file sizes

Selection.Value = ARRAY Limit?
Hi folks, I'm at a loss and I'm hoping someone could help. Dim IA_Array(659, 229) As Variant 'In the code - I load this array with values ActiveSheet.Range("E11:IQ660").Select Selection.Value = IALead_Array Sometimes VBA correctly pastes the entire contents of the array into the selected range. Most of the time, it pastes #N/A in the last few columns - (it always begins with column IA). In the debugger the IALead_Array(15,223) has a value (it isn't #N/A) - does Excel have a limit here? Thanks! BTW: Excel 2003 and I have 1 GB of RAM Never mind .... my a...

Truncation of text field in delimited linked file
Why does Access 2007 feel it's necessary to turn the string " 03" to "03"? In previous versions of Access if there was a leading space in a text string Access respected it and left it in the string. What's up with 2007? In a quick test in a query in my test database, Access 2007 does respect the leading space in a text string, so we might need to dig deeper into your particular situation to get to an answer. Where and when are you seeing this behavior? "MPMarois" <MPMarois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D4A...

Query criteria in a memo field
I have a notes field that is a memo field type. I am needing to do a query of the field and can't figure out how to do it. The field is a multivalued field. I tried "Allows dogs in unit" and it gave me a blank query. Can someone help me out? I would appreciate it. Thanks Gamefewel, I'm not sure I understand your question... Do you mean you typed "Allows dogs in unit" in the Criteria section and nothing showed? If so you could try placing the below on the Criteria line... Like "*Allows dogs in unit*" OR did you mean that your ...

exchange database size
hi just wondering why our Exhcnage database size is at 11gig however our usage and performance report on SBS indicates 14.7 gig which one do we beleive. is there a live cache someplace On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:36:01 -0700, Andy Wolsten <AndyWolsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi > >just wondering why our Exhcnage database size is at 11gig however our usage >and performance report on SBS indicates 14.7 gig > >which one do we beleive. is there a live cache someplace The actual database is going to be the right one. Did you combine the EDB and STM or are you ju...

Limiting Picklist Values
Hopefully a quick question: I've been asked if it's possible to limit the picklist values that a user can see. Specifically, so that AP can only see (select) one checkbook. I don't need to work with GP much and have been unable to find a solution. Any ideas? Debra ...

OAB problem #2
Hi, I experience a problem with an Exchange account that I deleted it and recreated it. When I check on Outlook/Address Book, I select the contact Mary in the offline Address Book and I get the following information: ..../ou=First administrative group/cn=Recipients=toto.com..mary_toto_12345 but when I select GAL and I get the following information: ..../ou=First administrative group/cn=Recipients=toto.com..mary_toto_52617 And when I sent an email to this account by selecting her from OAB, I received an error message. Have you any fix for this problem. thanks Haydar -Download OAB - Try...