O/T: Win2K Exch2k Server

Our first server in a new domain was a Windows 2003 Std Server running AD
and then installed Exchange 2003 SP1.  This was called "Mailserver" and was
the first AD server in the new domain "GLOBAL".  This was in office "UK".

We have now added more AD servers in offices - "VANCOUVER", "DUBAI" and
another one in the "UK".

For some reason, the guys in the UK are always being authenticated, and
login scripts running from, the "VANCOUVER" server?

Is there anywhere I can change this?

Also, is it worth making the Exchange server a member server now?  I will
obvioulsy install System Manager on the other Servers.

0
no9990 (73)

Computer won't read files.
When we try to open files in Excel or Word the computer tells us that the file can't be read or it is unavaileable. Dose anybody know why we can't retrieve our files? Thank You, Gaile Storm Hi Gaile it might help if you let us know: -your operating system -version of excel & word you have installed, including service packs (found under help / about) - whether this is a new problem - whether you can create files in these programs - if you can create and save can you then open & view these files? and anything else that may impact on using these files. Cheers JulieD "...

Can't resolve Profile.
Want to send this out again. Install exchange 2003. Regular users can not resolve mailboxes. Only administrators can resolve mailboxes thru outlook. When a regular user tries to resolve outlook the security box comes up and ask for username, domain & passwords. Put in the information again and a message comes up and says your logon credentials are incorrect. Someone replied and said that the NTLM was not working. Does anyone have a solution?? Can you create a new mailbox and if so does this mailbox have an email address? If no, then you will want to troubleshoot the recipient ...

Transactions in SQL Server 2005
A stored procedure loops through a cursor. For each entry it invokes another stored procedure. That other stored procedure updates table other than was defined in the cursor. After so many updates, the other stored procedure commits work. Would the commit in other stored procedure affect the cursor? Thanks in advance On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 01:39:51 -0500, "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote: >A stored procedure loops through a cursor. For each entry it invokes >another stored procedure. That other stored procedure updates table other >than was defi...

Quotes won't update
Ever since I installed Money Deluxe 2004 on a new PC I bought in April individual stock quotes stopped updating. All my quote updates were working in Money 2003 Deluxe prior to the 2004 update and the new computer and they are still working on my old computer. ALL OTHER INFORMATION ( PROVIDERS, MONEY UPDATES, ETC.) ARE WORKING AND NEVER CEASED WORKING. Individual quotes and the portfolio totals are not being updated, even though the date stamp in the lower left hand corner shows the correct date and time of the update and the message says the updates were successful. Microsoft phone...

.NET security update... won't install !
Have Windows XP SP3 (with IE7), .NET framework until version 2 installed. However, one (and only one) security update from Windows update will not install - ever, believe me I've tried multiple times for months. It's been downloaded somewhere to my local store, but the update itself fails, and the WU site keeps offering the update in question, viz. ..NET framework 1.1 SP1 Security update (KB 953297). What other .NET remated updates I have, all correctly installed according to my WU history : ..NET Fw 2.0 SP1 security (953300), ..NET Fw 2.0 SP1 (110806) Security u...

Cannot connect to Exchange Server using Earthlink dial-up
Our remote sales reps all use Earthlink dial-up software to connect to the Internet, and then open up Outlook to connect to our Exchange 5.5 server to check/send/receive e-mail. They use Outlook 2000, and have offline folders set up. All has worked well until this morning. Now, they all get the message, "Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Contact your system administrator if this condition exists." The first thing that I thought of was that Earthlink has all of a sudden started blocking access to the ports that Exchange requires....

deploy of moss 2007 into existing environment of project server 20
I have installed project server 2007 installation in two server First is Front End Application Server and Second is Backend Database Server . I want to know after deploy sharepoint server 2007 in existing project server 2007 environment . I will start Office Sharepoint search . but I dont want to designate this application server as an Index and Query Server. and dont want to another server . I am deploying SharePoint Server 2007 in Project Server 2007 enviroment only for use automated proposal feature of Project Server 2007 . http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc1...

Can't Download Sent Items or other folders from a POP3 Account
I am unable to figure out how to download messages in my sent items folder and other folders from my POP3 account. The inbox works fine. I have Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook 2003. If there is anything else you need let me know. ...

Help please, can't start up!!
When I start the PC, after the loading bar for Microsoft thing finishes,instead of going to login screen it gives me a blue screen, and it says Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. This just happened overnight!!!! Help please. :( -- Excessive Here are some hints ( 'Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793437.aspx) ). Try starting the system in safe mode (keep tapping F8 after power-on). -- whs Additional info: - I use Spyware Doctor scan every few days - I left my computer on for the night like always,and ...

Can't see text box fill colour
I have recently reloaded Office Small Business following a hard drive crash. I made some changes to display in Control Panel Accessibility this time that weren't there before. I've changed back to default but the problem continues. Previously I could fill or border text boxes and see the results in both normal view and print preview. Now the fill/border colour is only visible in print preview. Borders appear as black and fills as white in normal view. Text colours are unaffected. This is making life difficult as white text in a black fill just disappears until I go to pr...

Can't See Word Check Boxes in Outlook
I have a Word Document that I wish to send via the File->Send To->Mail Recipient once it is filled in. The document has questions that require the User to select a check box for the different selections (Excellent, Good, Poor, Very Poor). When I send the document, the check boxes show up in Outlook, however when the email arrives the check boxes are no longer there. Is there a way to have the check boxes show up in the email, or, are they somehow being stripped? ...

Moving Mailboxes to another server #2
Hello! It's my understanding that by moving mailboxes from one server to another in the same organization should be transparent to the user. Well, It's not happening to me. After I move a user, from 'server A' to 'server B' or the other way, Outlook reports errror "8004011d", saying the server is not available. Any ideas what I'm missing? Thanks! --Ana Maria How long did you wait? AD needs to replicate the new home server. James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Ana Maria wrote: > Hello! > > It's my unders...

Give s.o. access rights to all accounts
Hello, I develop an Application, that synchronizes calendaring data of a third party system to MS-Exchange. For installing it, I need an Exchange account that has access rights to all acount to be synchronized. Can this be achived for all accounts by a central administrative procedure (e.g. via the System Manager) or do I have to advise all users to give access rights to their indiviual account? Max You can create a single user and apply full rights to this one user. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821897/en-us Nue "Max Kubierschky" <max@knirz.de> wrote in me...

Error Message about "sync server"
I'm syncing an iPhone to Outlook & get a strange error message -- the message is from Outlook, offers to review conflicts or not, then pops up the box with "Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server. Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented." What does it mean by "sync server"? bj Maybe this? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/syncerror.htm Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ OutlookForums http://www.outlookfor...

RMSHQ on Windows Server 2008
Anybody have experience running the RMS Headquarders Server & Client on a Windows Server 2008 operating system? We are looking to upgrade our application server to Windows Server 2008. On this server i would need to be able to run the RMS HQ Server and the HQ Client application. Just curious if anybody has good or bad news about running these applications on Windwos Server 2008. Thanks in advance for your feedback. -- Regards, Andy Miller DirectPOS - Boise, Idaho andym@directpos.com (208) 376-8121 x244 www.directpos.com I'm not sure yet but we run HQ v1.2 and just p...

reading csv data that looks like a date but isn't
Hi Can anyone please help me? I have a .csv file. One of the fields is entered as "01-04" (with the quotes). How do I get Excel to read this as a string and not interpret it as a date (which it displays as 01-Apr)? Changing the format doesn't help - the damage is done on reading the csv data. Thanks -Howard ________________________________________________________ Howard Lethbridge lethcons@ntlworld.com Hi again I should have said that I want to do this when I double-click on the file. I know I can do this if I open Excel and do Data/Get External Data/Import Text File... ...

Recovery server #4
Hi, I am setting up a recovery server to restore an online backup of the info store of an Exchange 2003 server. I can not use the recovery storage group as it is a snapshot backup and not supported by Symantec. I know that the log file path does not matter but does the database path matter? I have done this restore to a recovery server in earlier versions of exchange without issue. The only diffenences in this case is that 1- I am restoring from a snapshot backup 2- I got lazy and recreated the recovery server with only a C: and the production server has the exchange databases on ...

Fresh SQL Server 2008 install
I've installed SQL Server 2008 SP1 (developer) on my machine (Windows XP) and am having some issues with SSIS and SSRS - which is a pisser, cause that's why I bought it. MS will connect to databases and Analysis Services (whatever that is) just fine, however, I get the following errors in SSIS & SSRS: Reporting Services: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to JAY\MSSQL2008. ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The username or password is not valid or you do not have permission to ac...

outlook can't talk to smtp server
i'm getting an error when i try to send with outlook under xp pro: Task 'pop51.bellnet.ca (1) - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' this is strange because when i use the "test settings" button on the accounts dialog all tests pass and the test message gets sent. when i try to send using outlook express, everything goes fine as long as i send to myself. wh...

Postcallout not working on seperate SQL server?
Hi I have developed a post call out using C#. It works 100% perfectly when it deploed on a single server deployment. i.e CRM 1.2, Exchange, MSSQL-2000, Window 2003 SBS, all on one Machine. When I tried to deploy SAME postcall out dll in a separate SQL server which runs on Windows 2003 Standard server and CRM server is separately running on Virtual server(Pointing to above SQL database), Post call out does not fire up! I have properly registred Postcall out on SQL CRM Metabase and com component is registred with no error on seperate sql server machine. I am using following components on C# p...

Importing Excel file without server access
I'm automating the process of emailing query results as an Excel file attachment to one recipeint. The recipient will complete data in the Excel file. My problem is that our company will not give this person access to our server, therefore he cannot upload his updated Excel file to one of our drives where I can then access it, import and update my table. There is nobody that he can email the file to either. I believe, however, that he'll have access to unpload a file to our company's SIFT site. Is there a way, through automation, that I can then import the file from ...

Connection string
Hello, what is the "best" method to query a MS SQL Server with Excel and ADO? These are the options: 1) SQL native Client (ODBC) 2) SQL Server (ODBC) 3) Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server 4) .Net Providers (but I could not find a free one) I have been using 3), however, I get a timeout after 30 sec with complicated queries and I cannot find the reason for this. (I tested and did not get timeouts with 2). There are no timeouts set to 30 on the SQL-Server, the connection string etc. regards arno > 3) Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server > timeouts 30 on th...

Can't open spreadsheet from website
I can't open an Excel 2000 document in IE6. An Excel window opens but the spreadsheet won't display. The document contains several worksheets and one contains a textbox (which might be a problem). I need to be able to view, from this website, 22 worksheets per catagory with 4 catagories total. Help!!! ...

Outlook Client Won't Go Online
After installing the laptop client, I can access the server with no problem. However, once I go offline, I am unable to get back online and get the following message: Microsoft CRM cannot go online. The Microsoft CRM server was not found. The answer, according to other posts, was to make sure user authentication was set to use current username/password in the security setting. I made the changes and I still have the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jason ...

Program won't stop
I tried to use a program that builds a telephone directory. It was built a couple of years ago, on Vista. When I switched it over to Win 7, it works (I've stepped through it using Break commands) but it just won't stop. The area of interest is the following From...Next statements. For m= 1 to 26 (Letters in the alphabet) .... .... .... Next End End Sub For some reason it won't stop at 26 and just keeps going. Is this a Win 7 problem, or is there something else that could have happened. Jim Berglund I don't believe a simple for loop wound give yo ...