Not going to pay for it! - Exchange email signatures and MAPI

Firstly I apologies if this isnt in the right newsgroup but I am stuck...!

I understand that there is an issue with attaching email signatures in
Exchange due to the fact that Outlook uses MAPI not SMTP when sending an
email.

I have also seen VB/VBS code to create a component to attach text to
outgoing emails but this only works for the SMTP emails (web access I assume).

These companies that make software that can interface with MAPI emails must
use some sort of MAPI based code to affect the emails.  I would like to know
how to do it.

I am an app developer and have done a bit with MAPI and VB/DAO before but
only client side so any help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Ben

0
Ben1 (161)

1. you probably don't want to take this on.  it's ugly.
2. you have to pay attention to where you look at the messages with respect
to the bifurcation process that takes place in exchange transport.  If you
use the vb event sink interfaces, you end up grabbing the message at the
wrong point in the transport to reliably insert signatures on /all/ outbound
message paths.
3. it would be more cost effective to either buy a solution or upgrade to
exchange 2007, which provides a more accessible way to add signatures
reliably to /all/ messages.
4. mapi is ugly.  there's a mapi mailing list "mapi-l" if you want to google
it that has a long history of good information on mapi programming, but
recognize that MAPI is only C++ and is actually pre-COM, much less DCOM or
..NET from a development perspective and so, while very very capable and
powerful, is not very accessible for quick solutions.

"Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Firstly I apologies if this isnt in the right newsgroup but I am stuck...!
>
> I understand that there is an issue with attaching email signatures in
> Exchange due to the fact that Outlook uses MAPI not SMTP when sending an
> email.
>
> I have also seen VB/VBS code to create a component to attach text to
> outgoing emails but this only works for the SMTP emails (web access I
> assume).
>
> These companies that make software that can interface with MAPI emails
> must
> use some sort of MAPI based code to affect the emails.  I would like to
> know
> how to do it.
>
> I am an app developer and have done a bit with MAPI and VB/DAO before but
> only client side so any help would be very gratefully received.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ben

0
awebb7472 (650)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Microsoft Exchange Server

Sending Email #6

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Recurring email #2

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

going live and outlook
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9886941/ If microsoft wants to go live, she should consider easy synchronization in outlook ! exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9886941/ > > If microsoft wants to go live, she should consider easy > synchronization in outlook ! Sounds like a scheme to add additional license fees on top of what one already pays. -- Brian Tillman Its up to the company to charge additional costs. I believe that msn has some margin to sacrifice from its profit margin for the sake of future profits. People use computers, at ho...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...