Non local users

Hi all

Our company is going to use Exchange 2003 server as our primary mail
server. People can send mails via it and they also can receive mails
from exchange.

Problem is that also non local users can send mails via our server. It
is not nice if somebody is using your server as spam server.

Could someone advise me how I can block non local users to send mails
via our server?

Thanks

Topi

Look at the following links,

HOW TO: Prevent Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail in Exchange 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;319356

HOW TO: Prevent Exchange 2000 from Being Used as a Mail Relay in Windows
2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310380

The above are for E2k, but it is quite similar.

and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any)
are subject to the terms specified at

* Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias.
This alias is for newsgroup purposes only

"Topi" <kaurakeksi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Our company is going to use Exchange 2003 server as our primary mail
> server. People can send mails via it and they also can receive mails
> from exchange.
>
> Problem is that also non local users can send mails via our server. It
> is not nice if somebody is using your server as spam server.
>
> Could someone advise me how I can block non local users to send mails
> via our server?
>
> Thanks
>
> Topi

0
king1 (49)

Macro for user to input 10 numbers
Hi, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to macros and hoping someone can help. I need a user to be prompted (by a pop up box) to enter 10 numbers between 1-100, there are no duplicates allowed. these 10 numbers then need to be sorted and arranged in ascending order and displayed in cells B14:J14. I've managed to get an input box for one number but really struggling with the rest. Can anyone help? Sub numbers() Dim i As Long Dim n For i = 2 To 10 With Cells(14, i) Do n = Application.InputBox("Input number #" & i - 1, Type:=...

XmlWriter localization

How to synchronise calendar and Contact with other outlook users ?
I would like to share and synchronise my calendars & contacts Actually i use OSASYNC to do this, but i saw that with the new version of Office2007, we can share documents (i do it for excel for example) Does anyone now the trick??? Thanks Fabien There are different options for sharing in Office 2007. First start by reviewing the option that are available by going to the Help menu and searching Share. This may answer your question if not let us know Best Regards, -- Francine Otterson Microsoft Outlook MVP President, San Diego Outlook User Group i see the help file, but it's ...

Use of ADMIN as user/account name
We have been using an email address with "admin" as the user/account name for customers to send general documents to. (in other words the full email address looked something lke this "admin@xyz.com") We will be moving to an MS Exchange email system and were told that you cannot use "admin" as a user/account name on an MS Exchange system because it will cause a variety of problems. Is this true? If so, what problems might occur? On 20 Mar 2007 08:09:17 -0700, "Lanranger" <mike.smith@accesseforms.com> wrote: >We have been using an email addr...

Outlook hangs upon startup for new user
I'm running Outlook from Office 2003 Professional on a W2K3 machine. I log on to the machine as the local Administrator, and then log on to Exchange using a domain account, and everything is fine. When I log on to the machine using the domain account and then run outlook (intending to log on to Exchange using the same domain account), Outlook hangs at the splash screen. - The domain accout IS a local administrator - There is no outcmd.dat file to rename for the domain user. I tried renaming the outcmd.dat file for the Administrator but that didn't help. Any ideas on what is happ...

Exchange
Hi, I would like to send e-mail with a lot of users, maybe more than 10.000 (partner list). Is there any users limit recepient in Exchange 2003 or any default number of users in BCC field? Thnx. Yes, there are limits. Look around on the properties of your Default SMTP Virtual Server and you should be able to figure out what your limits are set at. You also may want to take a look under your Global Settings, Message Delivery properties. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Dan" ...

exchange 2003 auto delete users delete
Can I do something in Exchange 2003 so that users "deleted items" contents will be wiped out - deleted - after x days of existance? thanks, Set a Mailbox Manager Policy, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Raul" <jjkgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vvExf.38371$v84.284@trnddc06... > Can I do something in Exchange 2003 so that users "deleted items" contents > will be wiped out - deleted - after x days of existance? > > thanks, > ...

Use MFC from non-MFC application
Hello, Is it possible to use MFC functionality (and specifically windows and dialogs, like those that specialize CFrameWnd) from an application that is NOT written with MFC support. What I am thinking is that the main application is written so that it does display 'normal' windows (as opposed to being a console app) but doesn't have MFC support. The MFC functionality I would use (dialogs, windows) would be in a DLL linked into the non-MFC application. Is this possible? I apologize if this is a really dumb, obvious question. The one reference I found so far on the topic...

New users can't access mailboxes
We have a single windows 2000 domain with an exchange 2003 server (2003 O.S.) which has been working fine for some while. The last user account I created was a month or so back which was OK , but I've recently created a couple of new accounts that are having problems. They can log onto the domain successfully , but when I try and set up Outlook 2003 for them I get an error "the name could not be matched to a name in the address list" I've tried two genuine users and a couple of "test" ones as well all with the same symptoms. If I try and send them an email I ...

VBA
In VBA, how I can avoid that a user add a new line in a grid thansk in advance Cesar Add the User ID (Toolbar) to your VBA project. Test for the user id before allowing the line to be updated and then you can keep them from doing it. Lelsie "Cesar" wrote: > In VBA, how I can avoid that a user add a new line in a grid > > thansk in advance > > Cesar ...

Excel / Access User Conference
The 2007 Midwest Excel / Access User Conference will be held on October 24-26 in St. Louis, Missouri. Early Bird registration will close on June 30th for the start of the regular registration period. Register early and SAVE! http://www.exceluserconference.com/MWEUC.html -- Damon Longworth 2007 Excel / Access User Conference London, England - Tentatively Sept. 2007 St. Louis, Missouri - Oct 17-19, 2007 www.ExcelUserConference.com/ ...

Bluilding Blocks.dotx not copying to users profile.
I have recently rolled out office 2007 using the cusomization file to 80 XP users. All has gone well except for one critical problem. I have had reports that page numbering isn't working and on further inspection i can see that gallery styles are also not fuctioning. The building blocks.dotx file is not copying to the users profile (C:\Documents and Settings\ user_name \Application Data\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\1003\) which it should when a user first uses (or tries to use, as it wont work unless the building blocks.dotx fle is there) one of the said features of ...

windows user account permissions
Ok, I upgraded MS RMS 1.3 to MS Dynamics RMS 2.0. Also upgraded SOL to 2.0. Everything seems fine but when the cashiers try to run POS they are denied with error "Your windows user account does not have permission to write to the registry". This is a one lane non networked station. I do not want them to have user admin rights, but they need to run POS for transactions. Is this a fix outside of editing the registry? Yes, there is a workaround. Yes, this is a known issue and this has been confirmed by MS and no, you must edit the registry. I was able to re-create the Windows pe...

User Security
We are a highly regulated business and need to make sure we have user access locked down tightly. I am using GP 8 and would like to start users with no rights and add rights (some users will have very limited access), rather then start with GP security which I need to remove rights from areas they should not be in. What is the minimum security access i need to grant? I have tried to set up security based on Article ID 858718, but get the error message "You don't have security privlleges to open this window. Contact your system administrator for assistance." After getting a...

Simple user defined function
Hi Please can anyone help I have created a Function CtoF(Centigrade) CtoF = Centigrade * 9 / 5 + 32 in theVB sheet1 code I have then placed the function = CtoF (A2) in the worksheet cell B2 A2 contains a number, the function in Cell B2 should convert the number in A2 to degrees Farenheit but it only gives me an error #NAME? I have the correct addins and checked the names of functions but nothing works please someone help. Hi there have you stored this UDF. It has to go into a standard module -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Subs" <atof31@dsl.pipex.com> s...

Sharing for User that has been deleted from AD
Hi, I would not be able to share object to active users since the owner/creator of the object had been deleted from AD. The error was the selected object could not be found. Verify that the object exist in both db and AD. The workaround that i performed was reassigned the record to new user. However, I still cannot remove the old owner from sharing form. In addition, when i tried to share with active user, the above error would come up again. Are there any solution for this issue? Rgd, Carrie Hi, I have the same issue that the users were deleted in the AD. We assigned all record t...

User defined function returns imprecise value when used in worksheet
I want to create a function to return the gestational age of babies on their date of birth (DOB) with reference to the due date (the estimated date of confinement or EDC). The function I have at the moment is: Function Gest(DOB As Variant, EDC As Variant) As Single 'Returns the gestation in the form x.y where x is the number of completed weeks 'and y is the additional days, which can range from 0 to 6. ' 'The calculation is based on the DOB and the EDC, and assumes a normal pregnancy 'duration of 280 days, with the start being day 0 (not day 1). Dim Gest...

Automatic Logoff/User Change
My issue is that the computer will automatically logoff and when I am returned to the login screen, the user is "admin" rather than the appropriate/current user name. Screensaver settings are not set for "prompt for password when computer resumes from standby". Any thoughts? Thanks Solana Beach Suite wrote: > My issue is that the computer will automatically logoff and when I am > returned to the login screen, the user is "admin" rather than the > appropriate/current user name. Screensaver settings are not set for "prompt > for ...

BCM max users/network setup
Have a client that uses BCM 2003 on an XP Pro computer as a (Server). We're going to move them to an actual server for better file sharing/ permissions control. Most of the users are familiar with BCM and I am not. Can you install it on a network and have it shared among the network of about 10-14 people. Can users be setup with different permissions such as read-only or full read/write to the bcm database? And if so can you point me in the right direction on the setup or what to look out for. Thank you in advance for any suggestions Try posting to microsoft.public.outlook.bcm for help w...

room
I would start to configure the room and equipement, but I have a must: A particular user should be authorized to move the meeting from room1 to room2. Is it possible? obviously all the membero of the meeting should be notified. If yes how can I do? ...

Non-matching cells
COL A has 800,000 cells and COL B has 790,000 cells. Here's an portion of my spreadsheet: A B 008101966-1 2009 1 008101966-1 2009 2 008101968-3 2009 1 008101968-3 2009 2 008101969-4 2009 1 008101979-3 2009 2 008101970-4 2009 1 008101981-4 2009 2 008101979-3 2009 1 008102023-2 2009 2 008101981-4 2009 1 008102025-4 2009 2 008102023-2 2009 1 008102028-7 2009 2 008102025-4 2009 1 008102030-8 2009 2 008102028-7 2009 1 008102169-1 2009 2 008102030-8 2009 1 008102313-4 2009 ...

%Interest for Bank Accounts (NON-Investment Accounts)
Money has all the good features that provide Return On Investment (ROI %) OR Interest Earned for Investment's (i.e all Brokerage acounts, Mutual funds etc..) However I am unable to find basic %Interest Earned reports Or ROI numbers for Non-Investment acounts (i.e Bank Acounts). Hence I have created a report from hell in Money that exports account details (by Bank Account). Next, I export this data into MS Excel, & apply more formulas to calculate the average daily balance, Sicne I havethe Time & Interest numbers..I then reverse engineer & calculate the "Interest...

Zombied users on public folders
I am noticing a problem with my public folders on Exchange 2003 sp1 running in Native Mode in a Server 2003 AD. If a user who was explicitly granted permission to the folder is removed from the AD, when you go to view the permissions on the public folder it has an entry that says "NT USER:DOMAIN\USERNAME". Has anyone else seen this problem of a zombied user and is there a way to fix this or to export a list of all folder permissions? Thank you for any help you can offer. **************************************** Marjorie A. Crocker Chief Information Officer Covenant College I...

Two SMTP Addresses for one user?
Is it possible to have two smtp addresses for one user? How do i make it wirk? Do I need a new recipient policy? Thanks, Don Hi Don, just open your Users & Computers console, then edit the user/object you want to add a SMTP address to. See this pic : http://www.christensen-software.com/images/nu008.gif Raz. Don <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to have two smtp addresses for one user? Yes. >How do i make it >wirk? Do I need a new recipient policy? You do if the other SMTP address isn't in the same domain. If they're both in the same d...

How to display currently opened TCP/IP and UDP ports on your local computer ?
How to display information about the process that opened the port is also displayed, including the process name, full path of the process for each port opened on local machine ? something like that program do .... http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html Thank's .... __________ Informa��o do ESET NOD32 Antivirus, vers�o da vacina 4876 (20100218) __________ A mensagem foi verificada pelo ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com ...