NNTP Feed Question

Hello all,

In EX2003 can you send an entire feed into its own virtual directory. I want
to mirror a private news server from one of our user groups but I dont want
them mixed in with the rest of the folders in 'Internet Newgroups'.
Unfortunatly the groups are not named with a common hierarchy like
'microsoft.public.*' they have single word names instead.  Would I have to
create a seperate virtual directory for each group?

Thanks,

Brent Strignano

0
brent6983 (1)

IXMLDOMDocument::save question
Hello The save method in IXMLDOMDocument is defined in MSDN as: HRESULT save(VARIANT destination); destination [in] : The type of object to save. This object can represent a file name, an ASP Response object, an XML document object, or a custom object that supports persistence. See Remarks for more information. Remarks: Any other custom COM object that supports QueryInterface for IStream, IPersistStream, or IPersistStreamInit can also be provided here, and the document will be saved accordingly. In the IStream case, the IStream Write method will be called as it saves the document; in the I...

A question about MoveWindow()
hi,all I got a question about movewindow, I want to full screen my window which is a pop up window. void CDlgVideoPlayer::OnSize(UINT nType, int cx, int cy) { CDialog::OnSize(nType, cx, cy); // TODO: Add your message handler code here if(nType == SIZE_MAXIMIZED) { CRect rect; CWnd *pDesktop = GetDesktopWindow(); if(NULL != pDesktop && NULL != pDesktop->m_hWnd) { pDesktop->GetWindowRect(&rect); MoveWindow(rect);//Here, rect is (0,0,1024, 768) GetWindowRect(&rect); //But here, the rect is (-4,-4, 1032, 74...

Access 2007 Questions
I upgraded to Access 2007 and now the buttons within my application does not work. Is there a setting that I can select to able the command buttons again? Thanks in advance, Jeff- By default, Access 2007 runs no code unless the database is trusted. The easiest way to do this for all your databases is to put them in a trusted folder. To set up a trusted folder, go to: Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings More info about converting to Access 2007: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia ...

Hyperlink Question #7
With a hyperlink, is it possible to find a cell in a column, for the first instance of a word starting with a letter, say "a" with something like?: =HYPERLINK("[file.xls]sheet!(LEFT($A:$A,1)=$B$5)","goto") where B5 has the letter A entered. Selecting a column seems to work with: =HYPERLINK("[file.xls]sheet!A:A","goto") Thanks ...

Excel question 12-29-09
I am working with a spreadsheet created by someone else. I cannot view rows 1-6 on the sheet, but they appear when I do a print preview. How do I make these rows appear? Maybe they are hidden. Select all cells (click on the top left corner of the sheet), Formats>Row>Unhide -- Regards! Stefi „racefan” ezt írta: > I am working with a spreadsheet created by someone else. I cannot view rows > 1-6 on the sheet, but they appear when I do a print preview. How do I make > these rows appear? Racefan, It appears as if there are two things going on here...

Asked before cannot find question or answer anymore "Caracter mess
When I am using Word I have no problem typing this caracter ? (question mark). however if I type this in OOUTLOOK, than it appears like this É or like this _ It has just done it lately, so I must have changed a setting unknowingly. Can someone please help to get the question mark ? back again... thank you. By the way this time I have checked the "Notify me of repies" Verify your keyboard language and layout settings in Regional and Language option in Control Panel. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/16 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, C...

question about printing #2
I am completely new to pubisher. I need to print a document to PDF. I have cute PDF writer. When I print it only prints one page. There are about 30 pages to the entire document. Is there a way to print the entire document so all of the pages end up in one PDF document? Thanks for the help ... Michael I assume you are printing to the cutePDF driver as your printer selection. Have you by any chance inadvertantly clicked away from "print all pages" in the print dialogue window? Perhaps the support section of the cutePDF website might provide some answers. Bruce "Michae...

if function with date question
I was wondering how I can write an if function targeting a specific dat every month. What I want to do in essence is when the 20th of every month comes by to write a certain value, if it's not the 20th, leave the cell empty. I was trying variations of this: if(a1=20-mmm,"500","") ...of course to no avail any ideas? thanks in advance for your help -- spiros ----------------------------------------------------------------------- spirosu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=744 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/s...

Question about budgets
I currently manage my money using several separate checking accounts. I'm just about to start using Money and that looks like it's going to be a problem. Will I be better off combining my checking accounts if I'm going to use Money to manage my budget or will Money be able to handle the multiple checking accounts just fine? It seems like it might be a bit complicated to manage and pay my bills this way. Ron I don't know that multiple checking accounts changes the problem much at all--if anything, Money will make it easier to see the big (combined) picture. There is c...

disaster recovery question
We're running Exchange Server 2003 on Windows 2000 SP4 right now and I'm dreading the in-place upgrade to Windows Server 2003. Is it possible to rebuild the server with a clean Server 2003 install, re-install Exchange 2003 (same names for orgs, admin groups, stores, etc. same paths too). Then after it's all setup from a clean install, restore my info stores back? How do you think this would work? Any consequences I should be aware of? Sincerely, -- Brian Spooner, MCSE Network Engineer THe Swing method might come in handy here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821896 On ...

Multithreading question #2
I've noticed something that doesn't seem quite right to me somehow I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that could explain it to me I have a multithreaded formview application In the formview, I have a message handler that sets a global handle t control a worker thread The thread sets another global handle as an acknowledgement The message handler uses "WaitForSingleObject" with a 10 second timeout se while waiting for the thread's acknowledgement What I am seeing is that the thread isn't running until the message handle has timed out and completed Why isn...

Calendar question...
I have entries on a public calendar that I want to make sure everyone gets on their personal calendar. Can you have a personal calendar synchronize with a public calendar? See if any of the ideas and/or 3rd party addins listed at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm#exssync are helpful. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23LKWFZ9sFHA.3908@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Mike wrote: > I have entries on a public calendar that I want to make sure ev...

IIf question
I recently read that there is a danger in using IIf in VBA because both outcomes are evaluated whether this is necessary or not. For example, the following code crashes, even though division by 0 isn't an expected outcome. dblValue = IIf(intP = 0, 0, intQ/intP) This concerns me because I have lots of IIf statements in my SQL WHERE clauses, though I haven't noticed a problem. Does SQL have the same difficulty with IIf that VBA does? Vicky The IIf statement behaves differently in SQL statements than in VBA. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.Acc...

Simple question
Can Outlook 2003 co-exist with Office 2000? Yes, assuming OL2k is not installed "Andy Williams" <f_u_b_a_r_1_1_1_9@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m> wrote in message news:esY2Ei%23pEHA.1712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can Outlook 2003 co-exist with Office 2000? > > Co-exist, yes. Interoperate - no. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After a lot of head-scratching, Andy Williams asked: | Can Out...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration SMTP question
Hello All, We have a simple setup now where our SMTP Virtual server routes all incoming (our domains) from internet mail to our Exchange 5.5 server - we have given it the IP address. We want to do a phased migration of mailboxes from 5.5 to our 2003 server, which will be in the Exchange organization, as Microsoft recommends. The question is, as we move mailboxes, how do we get the incoming smtp mail to route to the correct server where the mailbox is - 5.5 or 2003? Thanks for any help or suggestions, Tom Jacobson ...

Money Questions
Hi everyone. I've been using Microsoft Money for awhile, and I realized that there ar= e = alot of things about money that I do not understand. Eg. 1. What's the difference between reconciliation and cleared? What's the = = use of the flags anyway? 2. How do I clear multiple transactions in one go? 3. If there are differences in my Microsoft Money savings bank account, = = how do I handle it? Do I create a new transaction with a new 'missing = money' category? 4. Is there a way to choose what column gets displayed in the Account = Register view? I'd like the ...

front-end/back-end VS. back-end only topology question
I have a 2003 ADS server on box1. I have a 2003 exchange server on box2 exchange (box2) is not a GC (it is a member server). can box1 be an RPC over HTTP proxy without it being an exchange server? Does the term Front-End only refer to an exchange server? Can box2 be a Back-End in a back-end only environment and not be a GC? I have been through technet for days and don't feel I'm getting a clear answer. I would like to avoid making my Exchange Server a domain controller. And I would like to avoid adding another exchange server. Thoughts? Thank you. Steve Hi, Inline: >I hav...

Pivot Table question #4
Hi I have spreadsheets that take data via a pivot table from an OLAP cube that is held on a terminal server. The spreadsheets hold figures entered by me and figures obtain from the pivot table. I want to enable the automatic update on the pivot table but the pivot table is sorted by a project number obtained from the OLAP cube. My problem is if a new project is added to the OLAP cube then it is automatically selected from the drop down list. I want to be able to turn this off so that it only selects the project I have previously chosed. For example if I have selected the filter nu...

Remote Server Question
Right customer wants to acces his win2k8 server remotely. IT is using a generic printer from the server. At the office the printer is on a network. Terminal Services are being used to access the server remotely. What needs to be done to get said printer working? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance Whether "at the o...

Mail Sending Question
Hi. Both of my computers exhibit this feature, and I don't understand why. When I send one simple email message, the status bar shows "Sending 2 of 2." I'm really sending only 1. Any thoughts on why this behavior? The second computer is new, with a new installation of the software. Thanks for any feedback or insight. -- TIA Dana it's a bug in outlook 2007. if you have multiple accounts it adds a number to the number of messages being sent. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlo...

pswd question
On XP pro sp3, if I start->run and type control userpasswords2 then hit enter I get a UserAccts window, I then click the Advanced Tab, I then go down to the center of the window to the AdvancedUserManagement heading and then look to the right and click the Advanced button, I get another window called LocalUsersAndGroups, if I then click Users->MyAcctName I finally get a window that called MyAcctName Properties, if I look down to the center I see a check box (that is checked) beside a heading that says, "password never expires". Ok.......now I go to ControlPanel(ClassicV...

Deleted OExpress
Deleted Outlk Express because I also recd Outlook 2002 as part of pkg Upgrade. OE remains in Registry in (at least) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft. Can I delete or is there any "Sharing" between OE and Outlook? There is sharing between the two, so you may want to reinstall Outlook Express to make sure everything is in place. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287686&Product=ol2002 for more information. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to prese...

Workflow question #3
It appears that when we upgraded from CRM 3 to 4, a workflow stopped working. This workflow ran when a case was updated to reflect that it was resolved to populate a resolution date field. This worked fine in CRM 3, but the workflow now says that it cannot update the case because it is read-only, presumably as a function of marking the case resolved. So the question is: is there something I can do to make this workflow resume functioning, or should I just write some javascript in the OnChange() event of the dropdown that marks cases resolved? I would prefer to use a workflow, as it ...

x-y Line Graph question
I have a line graph. X is dates and Y is numeric data. I am plotting 12/1/2005 through 1/30/2006. The problems is my series does not start at the "left most" point of 12/1/2005, it is shifted slightly. And the line does not end at the "right most" point of 1/30/2006. Any ideas will be appreciated. thanks! XL has two distinct chart types even though they look similar, the XY Scatter chart and the Line chart. There is no XY Line graph. I believe you have a Line graph. Double-click the x-axis and from the Scale tab uncheck the 'Value (Y) axis crosses betwe...

If any cell in a range is blank question
Hello. I have two sheets in a workbook. One is a Summary sheet, and the next is titled "Bldg 5". What I am trying to make sure is that the range A1:K20 on the Bldg 5 sheet has had data entered to them (ie, they are not blank). The question that corresponds to Summary sheet A1 is "Has the data for Bldg 5 been updated?" If ANY blank in Bldg 5's range A1: K20, then put a "NO" in Summary A1's cell. If ALL of the Bldg 5 range had data in it, then put a "YES" in Summary A1. I also need A1 to update as data is entered into the Bldg 5 range (a...