I am TOTALLY new to Exchange. We just installed Exchange Server 2003
on a Windows 2003 domain.

I have one (test) account set up and it appears to work OK but I keep
getting an error message that says "Task "Microsoft Exchange Server"
reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could
not be found.'

I know, I know...How could I possibly not understand THIS message?
I appear to be getting mail but I' can't be sure. How can I check to
see what's causing this (and more important...what object it's looking
for?)

Thanks for any help!
-Fran-
0
Mike

In news:lshdu1t4e56dtbl9vlobttc4lipjma58v9@4ax.com,
Mike Hunt <Mike Hunt> typed:
> I am TOTALLY new to Exchange. We just installed Exchange Server 2003
> on a Windows 2003 domain.
>
> I have one (test) account set up and it appears to work OK but I keep
> getting an error message that says "Task "Microsoft Exchange Server"
> reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could
> not be found.'
>
> I know, I know...How could I possibly not understand THIS message?
> I appear to be getting mail but I' can't be sure. How can I check to
> see what's causing this (and more important...what object it's looking
> for?)
>
> Thanks for any help!
> -Fran-

Where are you seeing this mesage, exactly? In Outlook, using cached mode?
Check for event log errors on the server.

0
lanwench (7567)
2/6/2006 4:08:01 AM
Every 5 minutes on the client's computer we get an error that an
object cannot be found. We're getting mail and we can send mail but
this error keeps popping up. There are no events in the event log on
the Exchange server.

>Where are you seeing this mesage, exactly? In Outlook, using cached mode?
>Check for event log errors on the server.

0
Fran
2/6/2006 1:06:06 PM
Please post the exact error and the name of the program reporting the error.

<Fran> wrote in message news:60ieu1du7t1b47u6p59gc0bj1ed3q0hjro@4ax.com...
> Every 5 minutes on the client's computer we get an error that an
> object cannot be found. We're getting mail and we can send mail but
> this error keeps popping up. There are no events in the event log on
> the Exchange server.
>

>>Where are you seeing this mesage, exactly? In Outlook, using cached mode?
>>Check for event log errors on the server.

0
exchangemvp (657)
2/6/2006 1:22:04 PM
I did in the original post. It's in quotes.

>Please post the exact error and the name of the program reporting the error.
>
><Fran> wrote in message news:60ieu1du7t1b47u6p59gc0bj1ed3q0hjro@4ax.com...
>> Every 5 minutes on the client's computer we get an error that an
>> object cannot be found. We're getting mail and we can send mail but
>> this error keeps popping up. There are no events in the event log on
>> the Exchange server.
>>

>>>Where are you seeing this mesage, exactly? In Outlook, using cached mode?
>>>Check for event log errors on the server.

0
Fran
2/6/2006 4:47:05 PM
Got it. Look in the event viewer on the Exchange server. Do you see any
errors?

<Fran> wrote in message news:s8veu1lgt10odnrh3qrd8m5pl3955ccll5@4ax.com...
>I did in the original post. It's in quotes.
>
>>Please post the exact error and the name of the program reporting the
>>error.
>>
>><Fran> wrote in message news:60ieu1du7t1b47u6p59gc0bj1ed3q0hjro@4ax.com...
>>> Every 5 minutes on the client's computer we get an error that an
>>> object cannot be found. We're getting mail and we can send mail but
>>> this error keeps popping up. There are no events in the event log on
>>> the Exchange server.

0
exchangemvp (657)
2/6/2006 5:34:08 PM
Mike Hunt wrote:
> I am TOTALLY new to Exchange. We just installed Exchange Server 2003
> on a Windows 2003 domain.
>
> I have one (test) account set up and it appears to work OK but I keep
> getting an error message that says "Task "Microsoft Exchange Server"
> reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could
> not be found.'
>
> I know, I know...How could I possibly not understand THIS message?
> I appear to be getting mail but I' can't be sure. How can I check to
> see what's causing this (and more important...what object it's looking
> for?)
>
> Thanks for any help!
> -Fran-

There are some suggestions on this site that might help.
http://forums.msexchange.org/m_140040800/tm.htm

I searched google with the error message you gave.
0
ruedu (3)
2/6/2006 5:45:39 PM
There are no errors in the event log. This was all client side.

>Got it. Look in the event viewer on the Exchange server. Do you see any
>errors?
>
><Fran> wrote in message news:s8veu1lgt10odnrh3qrd8m5pl3955ccll5@4ax.com...
>>I did in the original post. It's in quotes.
>>
>>>Please post the exact error and the name of the program reporting the
>>>error.

0
Fran

Exchange 2003
I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2 it should fix this issue. I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003. -- La Senza Support In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com, La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. > I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't > restarted the information store service...

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

New Implementation

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Attaching Contacts to new email

Document Viewer installer error

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails