New users/mailboxes in exchange

Playing about with Exchange, I have set up half a dozen users successfully
but all of a sudden whenever i create a new user and exchange mailbox the
process doesn't seem to fully complete.
It creates the user/mailbox fine, and I can log on a PC using the
username/password specified, but when I try to check the name in outlook 2003
i get the error message "THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. THE NAME COULD NOT
BE MATCHED TO AN ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS LIST".

No matter what I do and despite the hours and hours of digging I just cannot
fathom what is stopping me connecting to the exchange mailbox.

Oddly, other PCs that are already set up are working fine, but if I try to
re-check their names (or any other mailbox name) on their PC I get the same
message about the address list suggesting something major is up with this
exchagne server.

0
LDJ (6)

Have you checked out this KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B322832

"LDJ" wrote:

> Playing about with Exchange, I have set up half a dozen users successfully
> but all of a sudden whenever i create a new user and exchange mailbox the
> process doesn't seem to fully complete.
> It creates the user/mailbox fine, and I can log on a PC using the
> username/password specified, but when I try to check the name in outlook 2003
> i get the error message "THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. THE NAME COULD NOT
> BE MATCHED TO AN ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS LIST".
>
> No matter what I do and despite the hours and hours of digging I just cannot
> fathom what is stopping me connecting to the exchange mailbox.
>
> Oddly, other PCs that are already set up are working fine, but if I try to
> re-check their names (or any other mailbox name) on their PC I get the same
> message about the address list suggesting something major is up with this
> exchagne server.

0
ccran556 (50)
5/25/2006 12:30:02 PM
Are the names names hidden from the address list?

"ccran556" wrote:

> Have you checked out this KB:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B322832
>
> "LDJ" wrote:
>
> > Playing about with Exchange, I have set up half a dozen users successfully
> > but all of a sudden whenever i create a new user and exchange mailbox the
> > process doesn't seem to fully complete.
> > It creates the user/mailbox fine, and I can log on a PC using the
> > username/password specified, but when I try to check the name in outlook 2003
> > i get the error message "THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. THE NAME COULD NOT
> > BE MATCHED TO AN ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS LIST".
> >
> > No matter what I do and despite the hours and hours of digging I just cannot
> > fathom what is stopping me connecting to the exchange mailbox.
> >
> > Oddly, other PCs that are already set up are working fine, but if I try to
> > re-check their names (or any other mailbox name) on their PC I get the same
> > message about the address list suggesting something major is up with this
> > exchagne server.

0
EricK (71)
5/25/2006 1:29:01 PM
Thenks. Worked through it and made the recommended changes to permissions but
the problem still remains :(

"ccran556" wrote:

> Have you checked out this KB:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B322832
>
> "LDJ" wrote:
>
> > Playing about with Exchange, I have set up half a dozen users successfully
> > but all of a sudden whenever i create a new user and exchange mailbox the
> > process doesn't seem to fully complete.
> > It creates the user/mailbox fine, and I can log on a PC using the
> > username/password specified, but when I try to check the name in outlook 2003
> > i get the error message "THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. THE NAME COULD NOT
> > BE MATCHED TO AN ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS LIST".
> >
> > No matter what I do and despite the hours and hours of digging I just cannot
> > fathom what is stopping me connecting to the exchange mailbox.
> >
> > Oddly, other PCs that are already set up are working fine, but if I try to
> > re-check their names (or any other mailbox name) on their PC I get the same
> > message about the address list suggesting something major is up with this
> > exchagne server.

0
LDJ (6)
5/25/2006 1:58:01 PM
No, if I preview the GAL on the server the new users are in the list, and the
checkbox to hide them from the address list is empty in AD.

"Eric K" wrote:

> Are the names names hidden from the address list?
>
> "ccran556" wrote:
>
> > Have you checked out this KB:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B322832
> >
> > "LDJ" wrote:
> >
> > > Playing about with Exchange, I have set up half a dozen users successfully
> > > but all of a sudden whenever i create a new user and exchange mailbox the
> > > process doesn't seem to fully complete.
> > > It creates the user/mailbox fine, and I can log on a PC using the
> > > username/password specified, but when I try to check the name in outlook 2003
> > > i get the error message "THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. THE NAME COULD NOT
> > > BE MATCHED TO AN ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS LIST".
> > >
> > > No matter what I do and despite the hours and hours of digging I just cannot
> > > fathom what is stopping me connecting to the exchange mailbox.
> > >
> > > Oddly, other PCs that are already set up are working fine, but if I try to
> > > re-check their names (or any other mailbox name) on their PC I get the same
> > > message about the address list suggesting something major is up with this
> > > exchagne server.

0
LDJ (6)
5/25/2006 1:59:02 PM
Still struggling with this if anyone has any ideas?

"LDJ" wrote:

> Thenks. Worked through it and made the recommended changes to permissions but
> the problem still remains :(
>
> "ccran556" wrote:
>
> > Have you checked out this KB:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B322832
> >
> > "LDJ" wrote:
> >
> > > Playing about with Exchange, I have set up half a dozen users successfully
> > > but all of a sudden whenever i create a new user and exchange mailbox the
> > > process doesn't seem to fully complete.
> > > It creates the user/mailbox fine, and I can log on a PC using the
> > > username/password specified, but when I try to check the name in outlook 2003
> > > i get the error message "THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. THE NAME COULD NOT
> > > BE MATCHED TO AN ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS LIST".
> > >
> > > No matter what I do and despite the hours and hours of digging I just cannot
> > > fathom what is stopping me connecting to the exchange mailbox.
> > >
> > > Oddly, other PCs that are already set up are working fine, but if I try to
> > > re-check their names (or any other mailbox name) on their PC I get the same
> > > message about the address list suggesting something major is up with this
> > > exchagne server.

0
LDJ (6)
5/26/2006 10:48:01 AM
Do Microsoft offer support on Exchange? Maybe i could give em a call because
this is causing MAJOR headaches now :(
0
LDJ (6)
5/30/2006 8:17:01 AM
LDJ <LDJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Playing about with Exchange, I have set up half a dozen users successfully
>but all of a sudden whenever i create a new user and exchange mailbox the
>process doesn't seem to fully complete.
>It creates the user/mailbox fine, and I can log on a PC using the
>username/password specified, but when I try to check the name in outlook 2003
>i get the error message "THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. THE NAME COULD NOT
>BE MATCHED TO AN ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS LIST".
>
>No matter what I do and despite the hours and hours of digging I just cannot
>fathom what is stopping me connecting to the exchange mailbox.

If the user isn't showing up in the GAL it's possible that the RUS is
having a problem. Have you checked the Applications Log?

Try these KB articles for a starting place:

Exchange Recipient Update Service fails to process accounts and
MSExchangeAL 8151 event logged [322313]

Missing permissions cause the Recipient Update Service not to process
accounts in Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003 [254030]

Troubleshooting the Recipient Update Service in Exchange Server 2003
and Exchange 2000 Server [288807]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

Mailbox Cleanup #3
Why do I get this every week? This is a new exchange server with about 15 users. (0 mailboxes) The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2007-01-14 00:11:03 Completed at: 2007-01-14 00:11:03 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB Did I set something up wrong? I thought this was a periodic cleanup routine.. Do you have a Recipient Policy with Mailbox Manager settings that has a LDAP filter that doesn't pick up any users? -- Bharat Sun...

Exchange 2k Journaling Problem
The company I work for is going to be moving locations in the next couple of months and, due to the move and several other factors, our email server will be down for a couple of days. As a stop gap measure, we have contracted with a 3rd party, Front Bridge AMC, to handle the email for us during that time period. The Front Bridge AMC maintains 30 days worth of email for each user and allows web access to their email, similiar to OWA. Email that arrives from an external source (hotmail for example) destined for the company I work for is captured, as is internal email destined for outsi...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and SBS 2003
My company has a server running SBS 2003. When running Baseline Security Analyzer I noticed that I needed to update our SBS Exchange 2003 to SP1 (BSL referred to our current version as Exchange 2003 Gold). I downloaded SP1 but was unable to locate any installation guidelines in the release notes. Should I just install the update during off hours? Please let me know if any installation instructions or guidelines exist. Thank you for your help. A Beck The release notes http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/sp1rn.mspx and online help http://www.microsof...

"Additional mailboxes" appearing more than once
[X-Posted to microsoft.public.outlook, microsoft.public.outlook.general] Setup: ------ Exchange Server 2000 (Small Business Server) Windows XP SP 1 & SP 2 Office 2003 (and SP 1) Roaming profiles Problem: -------- In the "Folder List", under "All Folders", mailboxes added using the "Open these additional mailboxes" are appearing more than once. Also, "Public Folders" is appearing twice. Additional: ----------- * This only happens with some of my users, but there is no common factor between them. * It doesn't seem to matter which machine they...

how can I fix the size of frame? once I fixed ,the user cannot changed its size
handle WM_GETMINMAXINFO see http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318933 "msnews.microsoft.com" <on_lixing@163.com> д���ʼ� news:OgxZDM45FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Handle CFrameWnd::OnGetMinMaxInfo and specify whatever size you want for your frame to be. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "msnews.microsoft.com" <on_lixing@163.com> wrote in message news:OgxZDM45FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > ...

new email not displayed after running scanpst
I am running Outlook 2003 and this morning I got an error that there were file errors in my Inbox and to run scanpst.exe. I ran the scanpst.exe and fixed the file. When prompted if I wanted to backup the old file I chose yes named the file OutlookRepair.bak. Now when I download my email the mail is taken off my email server and the mail is not being displayed in Outlook. I have checked my Data Files location and it is still showing the same location as before the error. I tried importing this file and got a message that the file i was trying to import was the same as the destinatio...

Existing Exchange 03 server to new Domain
We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain. We would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain. Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding anything on Microsoft's website. you can only have one Exchange Org per AD Forest...are you trying to have two different ones or is this a child domain type of thing? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147294933.261759.288080@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com.....

Mailbox/Folder Sizes
Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and Folders? Thanks, Jeff In news:fejk42tj37tcaq1s2j3k2qmn20m91nt7gd@4ax.com, Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> typed: > Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and > Folders? > > Thanks, > Jeff In ESM, you can see the size of each mailbox, but it won't break it down into subfolders. you can see the sizes from "Mailboxes" in the ESM...you have to drill down from Administrative Groups, to Servers, to Storage Groups, to Mailbox Stores...but from there you cannot see ...

Cannot resolve names to new users
Situation: EX2k on W2k svr. There is a DC svr, a file/app svr and the EX svr. I replaced the old EX server(1 Oct) and kept name the same per Q297289. Mail is flowing. Now the Domain Administrator mail account does not resolve. New user account names do not resolve either. I noticed in license manager that a second instance of Exchange2k is showing and transferred the licenses to it. The original instance is: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server the newly installed instance is MSExchangeIS 6.4417 All updates and sp's were applied before bringing the new server online. Today I ra...

Newly created users can not log in to Exch2K
I'm running Win2K Server sp4 and Exch2K sp3. As of last Friday, any newly created user can log into the domain but can not access the exchange server. They keep getting the "user-ID, domain, password" prompt. I've tried deleting the user and re-adding to no avail. I've checked licensing and all is well in that area. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance. Hi, Did you checked the user's properties and can you see the users e-mail address ? I think that the user properties are not updated. Do a manual update to all, close ESM and open again and see. And check is the admi...

The mailbox objects that won't die.
I have a windows 2003 exchange server in my organization that had some email users that were deleted.Although the email users are gone from my exchange 2003 system manager they are still showing up on my exchange 5.5 organization. I purged them this morning thinking that would do the trick but no dice. It has been about 24 hrs since I deleted them. Will these go away or is there some way to manually remove the objects out of the 5.5 site? That is a function of the ADC connection agreements. Have you looked at the event log on your ADC server lately? -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio...

Can't get rid of mailbox??
I have a user that was disabled, then removed from the domain, but I can't get rid of this _DIS <username> from showing in the Mailbox Resources screen. Any ideas? Thanks!! Do you have mailbox retention set up (30 days by default)? Is the mailbox showing up in Mailbox Resources with a Red 'X' on it? Is it if you run the clean up agent? If it is showing up with the red 'X' and you have mailbox retention set that is why it is still there. You can manually purge it by right clicking on it in Mailbox Resources and choosing 'Purge.' -- Hope that hel...

Sharing Outlook '03 w/ other users
MS Outlook 2003 and MS Exchange 2003 I have 5 users who would like to have their Calendar shared with each other. One user, Michelle, currently can click on a check box with a user name, within Outlook on the left panel and view their calendar. She just needs 3 more users. The remaining 4 need the samething that Michelle has, so that they can click on say Keith or Mark check box and view their Calendar. My boss had done this for her......but he's no longer here and I'm now in his place. Thank you in advance. Show her how to right-click on the Calendar folder, bring up its P...

Exchange 5.5 Error Message "Application Log Full"
This is the relavent information from the Application Log: Event ID: 2125 Source: MSExchnageMTA Type: Warning Catagory: Resource Description: Statistics for the DBI call (DB Server): file writes GATEWAY, reads 37, cache hits 275, misses %5. Attribute %6, value number %7, Object ID: %8 (00000000 => N/A). Caller %12 [%9 %10 %11] (8) I'm having a hard time making sense of this error message. Vaguely, it looks like a system call to a DB server that is misbehaving in some way. I've tried restarting the MSExchangeMTA service, to no avail. Can somone point me in the right dire...

How do I get my new messages to populate when they arrive?
My new email messages do not show up in my inbox until I go to another folder and then back to the inbox folder. Then they show up. issue #2 I get a copy of my reply email in my inbox. How do I stop this? Do you have a firewall between you and your server? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Lonnie" <Lonnie...

exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5
can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate orgs, can users view each others address list? You might try this link for help, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;238573 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mostro" <oveloz@glas**flossnospam.com> wrote in message news:10f59d91kildved@corp.supernews.com... > can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate > orgs, can users view each others address list? > > ...

Exchange Server Problem (I need help)
Hello to you all! The medical clinic I work at has a network. We all have our own email address. Mine, for example is lpeacock@elcardiologist.com. The problem is this. I can send out email as much as I want and they go where I need them to go. However, when anyone attempts to send any of us email, to our work, we don't get them. Now we had experianced some MAJOR problems recently in the past to where the actual IT lady had to set everything back up because things just went down. So our email accounts worked without any problems. But now, we can't recieve anything from an...

Mailbox Rights #11
I was trying to give a supervisor access to a terminated user's mailbox. It was not working. I do not know why. I must have done something while troubleshooting because now I can not access the mailbox at all. Even if I log on as the user after re-enabling. Please help. -- MC On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:01:02 -0700, Mike C <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was trying to give a supervisor access to a terminated user's mailbox. It >was not working. I do not know why. I must have done something while >troubleshooting because now I can not access the mai...

Activity Creation by Exchange Connector
We're investigating the use of the connector to create activities for incoming email that relates to CRM records. I think a good solution would be for CRM to create activities for all incoming messages that come from an email address that matches a Lead, Contact, and Account. If a matching address does not exist, the user would be required to promote the message using SFO -- or copy and paste. I have tried both options for converting incoming email and neither seem to be close to what I want: - All incoming.... creates and activity for *all* messages, even if it cannot match the se...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

Users / CAL
I am preparing to setup a SBS Server at one of my clients, but starting to worry a little about the licensing. They are 7 "normal" users. that is users with mail address, access to 3 fileshares, VPN from outside, you know, a normal user :) Then from time to time, they have maybe 15-25 students doing some projects at their office, each bringing a laptop, and have to access one of the fileshares (And only that share) So I was kind of wondering if it was possible to do this, without having to buy a CAL pr. student that would access this one folder (If all the student...

how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server
I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live and somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I cannot open outlook...how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server.__ -- lje Use the Mail applet in the control panel to add the Exchange account type back. "laurna" <laurna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D930AED-BB12-499E-996D-6FAF98D5B598@microsoft.com... >I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live >and > somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I ...

New 2006 trial won't work with 2005 file
Hi - I've just downloaded the new trial 2006 - by mistake actually - because i was having problems with the 2005 trial that was available just last week so I thgt I would re-d/load. Now Money is saying that it cannot convert my Money 2005 file into 2006 format because it was created in a different version. I don't have a problem paying for the software, but there's not point in my buying MS Money 06 if my 05 file won't work and has 12 months worth of data in it. Does anyone know why it won't convert my 2005 file? I don't want to loose all that information, and I would r...

Exchange 2003 And Multiple Managers
We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. Any help on how this would be achieved would be greatly appreciated. "Davie" <dxw@mms.co.uk> wrote: >We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple >Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different >Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. > >Any help on how this would ...