New users loose SMTP address

Scenario:
W2k3, Exhange2k3
2 domain servers
create a user on either domain controller, add the smtp address we want 
(from a large list), come back a few minutes later and the address will 
change to the system default.

Notes; we dont run the smtp recipient policies as such - just a general one 
with all our smtp address suffixes, this problem only occurs on every 
four/five accounts created.

At first we thought it was the individual support person, then blamed his 
PC, his MMC connection, now Tech servoces have found it occurrs to anyone 
creating large numbers of users. Thought it could be the domain controller 
they use, so changed that - but get the same problem

any thoughts?
0
Bash (12)
2/9/2005 2:45:03 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
176 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 46

What do you mean by "we dont run the smtp recipient policies "?
The Recipient Policy will always run, although there's a check box on every 
user's properties that you can use to prevent RUS from stamping an address.

-- 
Blog "subject: exchange"
http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/



"Bash" <Bash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:301BAB11-FF59-4C08-B115-BB51A73F7848@microsoft.com...
> Scenario:
> W2k3, Exhange2k3
> 2 domain servers
> create a user on either domain controller, add the smtp address we want
> (from a large list), come back a few minutes later and the address will
> change to the system default.
>
> Notes; we dont run the smtp recipient policies as such - just a general 
> one
> with all our smtp address suffixes, this problem only occurs on every
> four/five accounts created.
>
> At first we thought it was the individual support person, then blamed his
> PC, his MMC connection, now Tech servoces have found it occurrs to anyone
> creating large numbers of users. Thought it could be the domain controller
> they use, so changed that - but get the same problem
>
> any thoughts? 


0
Rui
2/9/2005 4:22:41 PM
sorry - we have the default running - of which has one smtp domain on it, 
even when we do uncheck the box to stop rus from over writing the domain we 
specify - it still gets over written - like I mentioned it is not cosistent 
sometimes they will be overwritten with the default in RP's and other times 
they wont

its very strange and has caused a bit of 'commotion' with peoples mailboxes

the reason why we are not fully using the recipients policies is due to the 
large number of domains that we do have and many different business units - 
especially where people are a member of more than one

"Rui J.M. Silva" wrote:

> What do you mean by "we dont run the smtp recipient policies "?
> The Recipient Policy will always run, although there's a check box on every 
> user's properties that you can use to prevent RUS from stamping an address.
> 
> -- 
> Blog "subject: exchange"
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/
> 
> 
> 
> "Bash" <Bash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:301BAB11-FF59-4C08-B115-BB51A73F7848@microsoft.com...
> > Scenario:
> > W2k3, Exhange2k3
> > 2 domain servers
> > create a user on either domain controller, add the smtp address we want
> > (from a large list), come back a few minutes later and the address will
> > change to the system default.
> >
> > Notes; we dont run the smtp recipient policies as such - just a general 
> > one
> > with all our smtp address suffixes, this problem only occurs on every
> > four/five accounts created.
> >
> > At first we thought it was the individual support person, then blamed his
> > PC, his MMC connection, now Tech servoces have found it occurrs to anyone
> > creating large numbers of users. Thought it could be the domain controller
> > they use, so changed that - but get the same problem
> >
> > any thoughts? 
> 
> 
> 
0
Bash (12)
2/9/2005 5:39:08 PM
Is definitely a RUS issue.
"Exchange Recipient Update Service does not stamp proxy addresses in
Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=286356

"How to troubleshoot the Recipient Update Service by using the Application
log in Exchange 2000 Server or in Exchange Server 2003"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822794

"Exchange Recipient Update Service fails to process accounts and
MSExchangeAL 8151 event logged"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322313

"How to work with the Exchange Recipient Update Service"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319065


-- 
Blog "subject: exchange"
http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo



"Bash" <Bash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:70FEC51C-6EC2-4CF9-BD47-ACE1F9303830@microsoft.com...
> sorry - we have the default running - of which has one smtp domain on it,
> even when we do uncheck the box to stop rus from over writing the domain 
> we
> specify - it still gets over written - like I mentioned it is not 
> cosistent
> sometimes they will be overwritten with the default in RP's and other 
> times
> they wont
>
> its very strange and has caused a bit of 'commotion' with peoples 
> mailboxes
>
> the reason why we are not fully using the recipients policies is due to 
> the
> large number of domains that we do have and many different business 
> units -
> especially where people are a member of more than one
>
> "Rui J.M. Silva" wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by "we dont run the smtp recipient policies "?
>> The Recipient Policy will always run, although there's a check box on 
>> every
>> user's properties that you can use to prevent RUS from stamping an 
>> address.
>>
>> -- 
>> Blog "subject: exchange"
>> http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/
>>
>>
>>
>> "Bash" <Bash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:301BAB11-FF59-4C08-B115-BB51A73F7848@microsoft.com...
>> > Scenario:
>> > W2k3, Exhange2k3
>> > 2 domain servers
>> > create a user on either domain controller, add the smtp address we want
>> > (from a large list), come back a few minutes later and the address will
>> > change to the system default.
>> >
>> > Notes; we dont run the smtp recipient policies as such - just a general
>> > one
>> > with all our smtp address suffixes, this problem only occurs on every
>> > four/five accounts created.
>> >
>> > At first we thought it was the individual support person, then blamed 
>> > his
>> > PC, his MMC connection, now Tech servoces have found it occurrs to 
>> > anyone
>> > creating large numbers of users. Thought it could be the domain 
>> > controller
>> > they use, so changed that - but get the same problem
>> >
>> > any thoughts?
>>
>>
>> 


0
Rui
2/9/2005 5:59:34 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Problem with new client install
We installed GP on a new workstation. Then we installed HR. We can login fine. However, when we go to Cards => Payroll => Employee we get the error: Form could not be opened the dictionary is not loaded. Does anyone know what might be missing? The launch file is the same as all other workstations. We are getting this error logging in as sa and sa works fine on other workstations so it doesn't seem to be a security issue. All I can do is point you back to dynamics.set. Make sure the Windows user has permissions to any shared folders where dictionaries may be stored. Other ...

Having trouble with new Yahoo Email account
I've been using Verizon exclusively and it was working fine. I tried to also set up Yahoo and I got this message. "The host 'incoming yahoo.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Carrollton TeaParty', Server: 'incoming yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D" Can someone help me please? Thanks, Doug I thought you had to pay to use a yahoo account and an email client. Yahoo! likes it when you come to their site-...

How to check who are the users created the GL transactions?
I would like to know how to find which GP users enterred the GL transaction. There are many users can created the same type journal transactions, and i wish to investigate on which users created for some of the transactions. Many thanks in advance. IN account transactions SmartList, add 'User who posted' to the smartlist. This will tell you who posted the transaction, not necessarily who created it. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com To know who created what/when you ...

new messages do not appear in bold
We have three PC's in our office with Outlook 2000. Even though we have the option set on all three PC's to show new mail in bold, one of the PC's does not show them in bold. Any idea what we need to do to fix this? ...

R4 ds/dsi firmware-drivers de R4 Sdhc. R4 ultra, R4 new, R4 III upgrade, R4 v3
Hola,, aqui teneis una web donde encontre una recopilacion de firmware o drivers de las R4 Sdhc ,R4 Ultra,R4 New, R4 III Upgrade. R4 Dsi, R4 ui. http://www.r4spain.com/tienda Pinchas en el enlace de arriba y en la parte inferior izda haces click en el boton DESCARGAR, aparecera un menu con muchos driver para distintas R4 DS. Espero que os sirva de ayuda. Saludetes Gorka ...

Restrict Users & Share 1 Address
Hi, I have a few different questions... 1) I would like to only certain users to be able to send external e-mail. How do i restrict this and allow it? 2) We have staf that share a role and recieve e-mail as a distribution group, the only issue is when they send a mail to reply it has their own reply address and then we loose track of the progress. Can multiple users share one reply address? and of so or not how can i do this or how have others resolved this? You can restrict external e-mail at the internet gateway. Create a DL and restrict the members of the DL from sending. Add/re...

Move user's mailbox store
Hello, Sometime ago we moved all of our users to a new exchange server. Unfortunately I am noticing we have 2 users , when looking in Exchange General properties, their mailbox store is pointed to the old server. How would I change that to the correct server? thanks! Sean it would appear those mailboxes did not get moved...have you tried again to move them? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sean" <nomail@here.com> wrote in message news:%23$u63PN3GHA.2096@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Sometime ago we moved all of our users to a new exchange server. > Unfortun...

DWORD IP Address to Displayable IP Address
I Have a IP Address which is in the form of DWORD now i wish to display it to user in the Dot format. Any Idea how this can be done I Know this is 4 seperate bytes but how to seperate them ? How about... DWORD dwIP= 0xA90F1011; // 169.15.16.17 CString strIP; strIP.Format( _T("%d.%d.%d.%d"), HIBYTE(HIWORD(dwIP)), LOBYTE(HIWORD(dwIP)), HIBYTE(LOWORD(dwIP)), LOBYTE(LOWORD(dwIP)) ); HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%233cTDfxxDHA...

Restrict sending to certain external email addresses
Due to recent changes we need to be able to restrict our clients from sending to certain email addresses (if a customer unsubscribes from one of our lists). I know we can restrict incoming mail but was not sure of a way to restrict outgoing to certain addresses? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Using ESM go to Global Setting/Message Delivery/Properties/Recipient Filtering. "ohiojul" <ohiojul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DEA5BCE-5815-4692-8A24-48060C9AFA86@microsoft.com... > Due to recent changes we need to be able to restrict our client...

new mail notification issues
I have an exchange server 2003 with outlook 2003 and 2000 clients, on the outlook 2000 clinets, several times a day, the new mail notification elvelope shows up on the task bar, but there is no new message. I don't think it's happening on the outlook 2003 clients. This just started happening yesterday. On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:30:02 -0700, Marvin P. Winterbottom <MarvinPWinterbottom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an exchange server 2003 with outlook 2003 and 2000 clients, on the >outlook 2000 clinets, several times a day, the new mail notification elvelope &...

WMP lost all config data on every new start
Every time I start the WMP 12 it wants me to config it - it has forgotten all basic configs. OS win 7 Ultimate (update over vista home premium) wmp 12.0.7600.16415 - up to date On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:50:01 -0800, nitroklaus <nitroklaus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Every time I start the WMP 12 it wants me to config it - it has forgotten all >basic configs. >OS win 7 Ultimate (update over vista home premium) >wmp 12.0.7600.16415 - up to date If you go to Help -> About Windows Media Player, do you have the current released version or an earlier be...

Mass edit of SMTP addresses
I need a method to edit all of our SMTP address. The acounts were created without case. And now we need to go upper case First.Last@xxx. Suggestions On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:30:05 -0700, Rasman <Rasman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a method to edit all of our SMTP address. The acounts were created >without case. And now we need to go upper case First.Last@xxx. > >Suggestions Noooooo. Case might be preserved in smtp addresses but it's not sensitive. What makes you think you need to change from first.last to First.Last? Who suggested you might want to do...

shortcut for favorite web addresses
I just installed the latest version of Outlook and now I can't find the toolbar shortcut that allows me to access a dropdown menu of web addresses I've stoed in what was formerly called "Favorites" How do I modify my new version of Outlook to include that feature? Thanks. View-> Toolbars-> Customize-> tab Commands-> Category Menu Bar-> drag and drop command Favorites to the menu bar -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictu...

how do I connect ms outlook with my hotmail address
when I open Outlook I would like it to import e-mail, contacts and folder information from my hotmail address and vice versa. Any advice would be welcome. ...

Moving users to a new mailbox
Good afternoon, I have three Exchange 2003 server. One front-end server and the others are back-end servers. I have to move some users from one back-end server to the other. Will I have to update Outlook after doing this? What about OWA? Will that continue to work as well? TIA, Ray Outlook and OWA should manage the mailbox move transparently. Make the move, while the user is not in Outlook/OWA then when they next logon in it should be done. Nue "Ray Jette" <rjette@mestek.com> wrote in message news:e8ON3HLPGHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Good afternoon, > ...

pop3 and smtp
using w2k and exchange 2003 Our DSL provider informed us to use smpt.smartbro.net instead of using our own smtp for our smtp configuration... Is this correct? If we use our own smtp it failed to send email. Rommel On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:16:01 -0700, Rommel Epino <RommelEpino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >using w2k and exchange 2003 > >Our DSL provider informed us to use smpt.smartbro.net instead of using our >own smtp for our smtp configuration... > >Is this correct? If we use our own smtp it failed to send email. > >Rommel I assume they want you...

Exchange 2000 Server will be change IP address
We will change Exchange 2000 Server IP address . Which we need to reconfig? Exchange Server will be use private IP. 1. Which port require to open in firewall? 2. Which we need to reconfig in exchange? I change IP address in TCP/IP only. 1. You'll need to update the firewall to reflect a new prt 25 forwarding as well as 80/443 if you're providing OWA. 2. Exchange won't need any changes. Just do an nbtstat -R and an ipconfig /registerdns after you change the IP -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "TONY" <TONY@discussions.micros...

New Intel Core Duo & Unwanted Test Drive
I"ve just bought a Intel Core Duo; a neat feature was the ability to transfer all my applications, preferences and documents from my old Mac with just one click. I transferred MS Office 2004 to my computer in this way. Now when I attempt to open an Office document (with the program not yet running), a MS Office Test Drive flash screen will pop up, demanding that to continue with the Microsoft Office Test Drive installation I must accept the EULA. Since I have no need for the Test Drive, I press "Disagree." On the other hand, if I first start MS Word, for example, I can subseq...

How to get all computers ip address on LAN with MFC class?
Hello, I am making one network application which controls computers on LAN, it is for internet cafes, i have problem how to get computers ip address on LAN with MFC class? is there some mfc functions which could do it? anyone has some ideas ? thanks Here is what I would do, I would use NetServerEnum with SV_TYPE_WORKSTATION, to enumarate the network, and call gethostbyname/getaddrinfo to get the ip address from the name of the workstation. AliR. "cNetWork" <halmuratov@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190995847.976667.58290@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hello, ...

smtp email
Hello, I have multiple back end servers, 5.5 on win2k, in different sites. When somebody sends an email from site 1 to somebody in site 2, the email should be internally, right? But when you right click on To recipient and choose outlook properties, instead of showing the exchange properties of that mailbox, it shows: email type: SMTP. Why is that, why is not showing the properties of the mailbox? Thanks ...

SA vs Power User
Is there a list anywhere that would indicate to me what functions must be done by the SA vs what can be done by a Power User? -- Aimee Crowe Christian Homes, Inc. Budgets & Reporting Accountant Aimee, Microsoft SQL Server systems administrator (sa) administrative user is created by default when SQL Server is first installed. sa, by default, has access to perform all database and administration operations in SQL Server and it is a member of the public and sysadmin server roles and cannot be removed from such roles. On the other hand, power users are actually what you make them, sin...

Allow for user-defined labels to be changed in Customer Addresses
In Customer Address Maintenance, I would like to change the labels for the user defined fields using a setup and not using modifier. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default....

migrating to a new PC
How do I move my inbox, sent msgs, or my other personal folders from an existing outlook express to a new one on a new PC? (windows 98 to XP) Tx Ramin <ramin@ovs.org> wrote: > How do I move my inbox, sent msgs, or my other personal > folders from an existing outlook express to a new one on > a new PC? (windows 98 to XP) Tx Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and see http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

terminstall.cmd won't add more than 1 user.
I have just installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 Desktop client on a 2003 Terminal Server using the instructions provided in hte CRM Desktop Client For outlook Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server. I installed it for the first user using the terminstall.cmd file and it worked. However when I try to install for another user It runs but does not install. If I go into their app data folder and open the terminstall log file I get the following message: ============== Starting CRM For Outlook TS Configurator Thu 09/07/2006 02:48 PM ================== Microsoft CRM 3.0 Client for Outlook is already installe...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...