New users in GAL not replicating to users

I am running Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5.

I create users in the Exchange 2003 Servers AD Users and Computers...

New users no longer showing up in my users GAL unless I turn off cached mode
in outlook. This used to work fine in chached mode.

Does anyone know what I could try to force replication perhaps?

Also, should I somehow rebuild the GAL on the Exchange 5.5 or 2003 side?
Steps? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance...

Chris H.
0
Chris6982 (632)

I know there is an problem if cache mode is used on outlook. Please check
this out:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836723/en-us

"Chris" wrote:

> I am running Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5.
>
> I create users in the Exchange 2003 Servers AD Users and Computers...
>
> New users no longer showing up in my users GAL unless I turn off cached mode
> in outlook. This used to work fine in chached mode.
>
> Does anyone know what I could try to force replication perhaps?
>
> Also, should I somehow rebuild the GAL on the Exchange 5.5 or 2003 side?
> Steps? Recommendations?
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Chris H.
0
Ray1 (115)
12/28/2005 9:59:01 AM
Thanks Ray, this is very interesting. I am sure that the users have the
newest SPs installed (Office SP2), and up til now I had the few users that
were complaining using un-cached mode, I think Ill give the Registry fix a
try...

Thanks for this very helpful info... as always...

Chris H.

"Ray" wrote:

> I know there is an problem if cache mode is used on outlook. Please check
> this out:

> "Chris" wrote:
>
> > I am running Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5.
> >
> > I create users in the Exchange 2003 Servers AD Users and Computers...
> >
> > New users no longer showing up in my users GAL unless I turn off cached mode
> > in outlook. This used to work fine in chached mode.
> >
> > Does anyone know what I could try to force replication perhaps?
> >
> > Also, should I somehow rebuild the GAL on the Exchange 5.5 or 2003 side?
> > Steps? Recommendations?
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
> >
> > Chris H.
0
Chris6982 (632)
12/28/2005 1:21:04 PM
That problem looks like a very specific case where you have more than 1000
address lists as well as run in cached mode.

Have you verified that that Default Offline Address List is linked to the
Global Address list, and that the OAL is rebuilding on a nightly basis?  Do
the new users appear eventually (say after 1-2 days)?  Remember that
Exchange only rebuilds the OAL once per 24 hours.  Have you tried manually
rebuilding it and then re-downloading the address book from within Outlook?
Any errors or warnings in your event logs on your Exchange server?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I know there is an problem if cache mode is used on outlook. Please check
> this out:

> "Chris" wrote:
>
>> I am running Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5.
>>
>> I create users in the Exchange 2003 Servers AD Users and Computers...
>>
>> New users no longer showing up in my users GAL unless I turn off cached
>> mode
>> in outlook. This used to work fine in chached mode.
>>
>> Does anyone know what I could try to force replication perhaps?
>>
>> Also, should I somehow rebuild the GAL on the Exchange 5.5 or 2003 side?
>> Steps? Recommendations?
>>
>> Thanks in advance...
>>
>> Chris H.

0
Ben
12/28/2005 3:16:52 PM
Great points for me to try Ben, Thanks.

1. Yes, we are using over 1000 addresses, barely I think, as it worked up
until about 1 month ago.

2. Where can I verify that that Default Offline Address List is linked to
the Global Address list?

3. The OAL is set to rebuild every 12 hours, I just changed that option
about two weeks ago (6:00am and 12:01pm daily).

4. There are no error in the event viewer...

5. Manually rebuilding the GAL? Can this be done during business hours? Ill
assume we have JUST over 1000 addresses... Can I rebuild the GAL or OAL on
the exchange server after I create new users and they dont show up in users
GALs in Outlook 2003?

Thanks so much again for this help guys...

Chris H.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> That problem looks like a very specific case where you have more than 1000
> address lists as well as run in cached mode.
>
> Have you verified that that Default Offline Address List is linked to the
> Global Address list, and that the OAL is rebuilding on a nightly basis?  Do
> the new users appear eventually (say after 1-2 days)?  Remember that
> Exchange only rebuilds the OAL once per 24 hours.  Have you tried manually
> rebuilding it and then re-downloading the address book from within Outlook?
> Any errors or warnings in your event logs on your Exchange server?
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I know there is an problem if cache mode is used on outlook. Please check
> > this out:

> > "Chris" wrote:
> >
> >> I am running Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5.
> >>
> >> I create users in the Exchange 2003 Servers AD Users and Computers...
> >>
> >> New users no longer showing up in my users GAL unless I turn off cached
> >> mode
> >> in outlook. This used to work fine in chached mode.
> >>
> >> Does anyone know what I could try to force replication perhaps?
> >>
> >> Also, should I somehow rebuild the GAL on the Exchange 5.5 or 2003 side?
> >> Steps? Recommendations?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance...
> >>
> >> Chris H.

0
Chris6982 (632)
12/28/2005 3:31:02 PM
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 07:31:02 -0800, "Chris"
<Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Great points for me to try Ben, Thanks.
>
>1. Yes, we are using over 1000 addresses, barely I think, as it worked up
>until about 1 month ago.
>
>2. Where can I verify that that Default Offline Address List is linked to
>the Global Address list?

		ESM/Recipients/Offline Address List. You should see
the server associated on the right hand side or go to properties of
your default offline address list

>3. The OAL is set to rebuild every 12 hours, I just changed that option
>about two weeks ago (6:00am and 12:01pm daily).
>
>4. There are no error in the event viewer...
	Ensure diags in ESM on the OALGenerator are set to max.

>5. Manually rebuilding the GAL? Can this be done during business hours? Ill
>assume we have JUST over 1000 addresses... Can I rebuild the GAL or OAL on
>the exchange server after I create new users and they dont show up in users
>GALs in Outlook 2003?

	Some will disagree, but I see no problem doing that. 1000
users is not that much. Manually rebuild. Check the event logs for
errors after setting the diags mentioned above to max, if no errors,
then manually download the OAB on the Outlook side and see what you
get. If you have errors, post them here.

>Thanks so much again for this help guys...
>
>Chris H.
>

>"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> That problem looks like a very specific case where you have more than 1000
>> address lists as well as run in cached mode.
>>
>> Have you verified that that Default Offline Address List is linked to the
>> Global Address list, and that the OAL is rebuilding on a nightly basis?  Do
>> the new users appear eventually (say after 1-2 days)?  Remember that
>> Exchange only rebuilds the OAL once per 24 hours.  Have you tried manually
>> rebuilding it and then re-downloading the address book from within Outlook?
>> Any errors or warnings in your event logs on your Exchange server?
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I know there is an problem if cache mode is used on outlook. Please check
>> > this out:
>> >
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836723/en-us

0
adavid (8731)
12/28/2005 3:57:06 PM
1.  I didn't read it as over 1000 "addresses", rather 1000 "address Lists".
Big difference :-)  Likely the only time you'd run in to this problem is
with an Exchange hosting provider.  At least that's my guess.

2.  In ESM, When you go under Recipients, Offline Address Lists and go to
the properties of the Default Offline Address list, it should show you which
Address List it is linked to.  The default one should be the Default Global
Address List.

5.  You can manually rebuild the OAL in the same place that you check it.
Instead of going to the properties, you right-click and choose Rebuild.
You'll see a warning that it may take some time based on how many recipients
there are, but I doubt it will take long.  If you want to see when it
finishes, then you need to turn up diagnostics logging on the server that is
noted as the Offline Address list server.  The diagnostics logging section
you turn up is under the MSExchangeSA,  OAL Generator.  Once you turn it up
(not sure the level needed - I set mine to maximum), you'll start seeing
some events related to OAL Generator in the App log.  One of them will tell
you when it finished.  Once that is done, you can download the Address Book
from Outlook (Send Receive settings).

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

> Great points for me to try Ben, Thanks.
>
> 1. Yes, we are using over 1000 addresses, barely I think, as it worked up
> until about 1 month ago.
>
> 2. Where can I verify that that Default Offline Address List is linked to
> the Global Address list?
>
> 3. The OAL is set to rebuild every 12 hours, I just changed that option
> about two weeks ago (6:00am and 12:01pm daily).
>
> 4. There are no error in the event viewer...
>
> 5. Manually rebuilding the GAL? Can this be done during business hours?
> Ill
> assume we have JUST over 1000 addresses... Can I rebuild the GAL or OAL on
> the exchange server after I create new users and they dont show up in
> users
> GALs in Outlook 2003?
>
> Thanks so much again for this help guys...
>
> Chris H.
>

> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> That problem looks like a very specific case where you have more than
>> 1000
>> address lists as well as run in cached mode.
>>
>> Have you verified that that Default Offline Address List is linked to the
>> Global Address list, and that the OAL is rebuilding on a nightly basis?
>> Do
>> the new users appear eventually (say after 1-2 days)?  Remember that
>> Exchange only rebuilds the OAL once per 24 hours.  Have you tried
>> manually
>> rebuilding it and then re-downloading the address book from within
>> Outlook?
>> Any errors or warnings in your event logs on your Exchange server?
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I know there is an problem if cache mode is used on outlook. Please
>> > check
>> > this out:
>> >
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836723/en-us

0
Ben
12/28/2005 3:57:40 PM
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:57:06 GMT, Andy David
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 07:31:02 -0800, "Chris"
><Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Great points for me to try Ben, Thanks.
>>
>>1. Yes, we are using over 1000 addresses, barely I think, as it worked up
>>until about 1 month ago.
>>
>>2. Where can I verify that that Default Offline Address List is linked to
>>the Global Address list?
>
>		ESM/Recipients/Offline Address List. You should see
>the server associated on the right hand side or go to properties of
>your default offline address list
		oops. and go to the properties of the default offline
address list and you will see which address list is associated.

>>3. The OAL is set to rebuild every 12 hours, I just changed that option
>>about two weeks ago (6:00am and 12:01pm daily).
>>
>>4. There are no error in the event viewer...
>	Ensure diags in ESM on the OALGenerator are set to max.
>>
>>5. Manually rebuilding the GAL? Can this be done during business hours? Ill
>>assume we have JUST over 1000 addresses... Can I rebuild the GAL or OAL on
>>the exchange server after I create new users and they dont show up in users
>>GALs in Outlook 2003?
>
>	Some will disagree, but I see no problem doing that. 1000
>users is not that much. Manually rebuild. Check the event logs for
>errors after setting the diags mentioned above to max, if no errors,
>then manually download the OAB on the Outlook side and see what you
>get. If you have errors, post them here.
>

>>Thanks so much again for this help guys...
>>
>>Chris H.
>>

>>"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> That problem looks like a very specific case where you have more than 1000
>>> address lists as well as run in cached mode.
>>>
>>> Have you verified that that Default Offline Address List is linked to the
>>> Global Address list, and that the OAL is rebuilding on a nightly basis?  Do
>>> the new users appear eventually (say after 1-2 days)?  Remember that
>>> Exchange only rebuilds the OAL once per 24 hours.  Have you tried manually
>>> rebuilding it and then re-downloading the address book from within Outlook?
>>> Any errors or warnings in your event logs on your Exchange server?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ben Winzenz
>>> Exchange MVP
>>> MessageOne
>>> Read my blog!
>>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>>

>>> "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
adavid (8731)
12/28/2005 3:58:35 PM
2Q.  In ESM, When you go under Recipients, Offline Address Lists and go to
the properties of the Default Offline Address list, it should show you which
Address List it is linked to.  The default one should be the Default Global
Address List.

2A. This is correct then... Address List shows "Default Global Address List"

5Q.  I think Ill try to manually rebuild the OAL when I have a moment after
hours tonight just in case... Though we are a small company, we have some
LOUD complainers, and I if something does go wrong with the rebuild, is there
a a way to revert back easily without retoring a major backup?

Can I make the Exchange AD replicate to all 3 DCs that I have? Currently its
just pointing to one DC... is that doable? Possibly fix relication somehow?

Thanks again guys,

> [...]

> > users
> > GALs in Outlook 2003?
> >
> > Thanks so much again for this help guys...
> >
> > Chris H.
> >

> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> That problem looks like a very specific case where you have more than
> >> 1000
> >> address lists as well as run in cached mode.
> >>
> >> Have you verified that that Default Offline Address List is linked to the
> >> Global Address list, and that the OAL is rebuilding on a nightly basis?
> >> Do
> >> the new users appear eventually (say after 1-2 days)?  Remember that
> >> Exchange only rebuilds the OAL once per 24 hours.  Have you tried
> >> manually
> >> rebuilding it and then re-downloading the address book from within
> >> Outlook?
> >> Any errors or warnings in your event logs on your Exchange server?

0
Chris6982 (632)
12/28/2005 4:27:04 PM
I also have one Exchange 5.5 server on the network... is there a way to point
its default GAL to the Exchange 2003 server for updates more frequently?

> [...]

> > users
> > GALs in Outlook 2003?
> >
> > Thanks so much again for this help guys...
> >
> > Chris H.
> >

> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> That problem looks like a very specific case where you have more than
> >> 1000
> >> address lists as well as run in cached mode.
> >>
> >> Have you verified that that Default Offline Address List is linked to the
> >> Global Address list, and that the OAL is rebuilding on a nightly basis?
> >> Do
> >> the new users appear eventually (say after 1-2 days)?  Remember that
> >> Exchange only rebuilds the OAL once per 24 hours.  Have you tried
> >> manually
> >> rebuilding it and then re-downloading the address book from within
> >> Outlook?
> >> Any errors or warnings in your event logs on your Exchange server?

0
Chris6982 (632)
12/28/2005 4:31:04 PM
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:27:04 -0800, "Chris"
<Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>2Q.  In ESM, When you go under Recipients, Offline Address Lists and go to
>the properties of the Default Offline Address list, it should show you which
>Address List it is linked to.  The default one should be the Default Global
>Address List.
>
>2A. This is correct then... Address List shows "Default Global Address List"
>
>5Q.  I think Ill try to manually rebuild the OAL when I have a moment after
>hours tonight just in case... Though we are a small company, we have some
>LOUD complainers, and I if something does go wrong with the rebuild, is there
>a a way to revert back easily without retoring a major backup?

	If it fails, it fails. It means is that a new OAB is not
available for download and your clients will continue to use the
current one.

>Can I make the Exchange AD replicate to all 3 DCs that I have? Currently its
>just pointing to one DC... is that doable? Possibly fix relication somehow?
Do you have DSaccess set to auto-discover? If so, it should find all
eligible DCs unless Exchange is installed on a DC, in which case it
can only use the DC it is installed on and there is no failover.

>Thanks again guys,
>
>Chris H.
>

>"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> 1.  I didn't read it as over 1000 "addresses", rather 1000 "address Lists".
>> Big difference :-)  Likely the only time you'd run in to this problem is
>> with an Exchange hosting provider.  At least that's my guess.
>>
>> 2.  In ESM, When you go under Recipients, Offline Address Lists and go to
>> the properties of the Default Offline Address list, it should show you which
>> Address List it is linked to.  The default one should be the Default Global
>> Address List.
>>
>> 5.  You can manually rebuild the OAL in the same place that you check it.
>> Instead of going to the properties, you right-click and choose Rebuild.
>> You'll see a warning that it may take some time based on how many recipients
>> there are, but I doubt it will take long.  If you want to see when it
>> finishes, then you need to turn up diagnostics logging on the server that is
>> noted as the Offline Address list server.  The diagnostics logging section
>> you turn up is under the MSExchangeSA,  OAL Generator.  Once you turn it up
>> (not sure the level needed - I set mine to maximum), you'll start seeing
>> some events related to OAL Generator in the App log.  One of them will tell
>> you when it finished.  Once that is done, you can download the Address Book
>> from Outlook (Send Receive settings).
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Great points for me to try Ben, Thanks.
>> >
>> > 1. Yes, we are using over 1000 addresses, barely I think, as it worked up
>> > until about 1 month ago.
>> >
>> > 2. Where can I verify that that Default Offline Address List is linked to
>> > the Global Address list?
>> >
>> > 3. The OAL is set to rebuild every 12 hours, I just changed that option
>> > about two weeks ago (6:00am and 12:01pm daily).
>> >
>> > 4. There are no error in the event viewer...
>> >
>> > 5. Manually rebuilding the GAL? Can this be done during business hours?
>> > Ill
>> > assume we have JUST over 1000 addresses... Can I rebuild the GAL or OAL on
>> > the exchange server after I create new users and they dont show up in
>> > users
>> > GALs in Outlook 2003?
>> >
>> > Thanks so much again for this help guys...
>> >
>> > Chris H.

0
adavid (8731)
12/28/2005 6:31:29 PM
Okay guys... I took the plunge... I rebuilt my OAL... The events read as
follows:

Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	OAL Generator
Event ID:	9106
Date:		12/29/2005
Time:		1:21:47 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	P10EXCHG
Offline address list generation started.
- Default Offline Address List

Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	OAL Generator
Event ID:	9108
Date:		12/29/2005
Time:		1:21:47 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	P10EXCHG
Offline address list is being generated for address list '\Global Address
List'.
- Default Offline Address List

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	OAL Generator
Event ID:	9340
Date:		12/29/2005
Time:		1:21:50 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	P10EXCHG
A new parent Legacy Exchange DN container value '/o=Odyssey
Logistics/ou=ODYSSEYLOGISTICS/cn=US/cn=Danbury/cn=General
Administration/cn=General Admin' was found during generation of the
differential update file for offline address list '\Global Address List'.
This will force clients using this offline address list to do a full download
of the offline address list.
- Default Offline Address List

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	OAL Generator
Event ID:	9360
Date:		12/29/2005
Time:		1:21:50 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	P10EXCHG
OALGen encountered an error while generating the changes.oab file for
version 2 and 3 differential downloads of address list '\Global Address
List'.  The offline address list has not been updated so clients will not be
able to download the current set of changes.  Check other logged events to
find the cause of this error.
If the cause of the problem was intentional or cannot be resolved, OALGen
can be forced to post a full offline address list by creating the DWORD
registry key
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeSA\Parameters\OAL
post full if diff fails' and setting it to 1 on this server.  When OALGen
next generates the offline address list, clients will perform a full OAB
download.  After that time, the registry key should be removed to prevent
further full downloads.

Date:		12/29/2005

Date:		12/29/2005
[...]

Event ID:	9107
Date:		12/29/2005
Time:		1:21:51 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	P10EXCHG
Offline address list generation finished.
- Default Offline Address List
Chris6982 (632)
12/29/2005 6:29:03 PM
Here is a good place to start:

http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2005/11/18/494545.aspx

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:29:03 -0800, "Chris"
> [...]

>can be forced to post a full offline address list by creating the DWORD
>registry key
>'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeSA\Parameters\OAL
>post full if diff fails' and setting it to 1 on this server.  When OALGen
>next generates the offline address list, clients will perform a full OAB
>download.  After that time, the registry key should be removed to prevent
>further full downloads.
>- Default Offline Address List
>
>Event Type:	Information
>Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
>Event Category:	OAL Generator
>Event ID:	9107
>Date:		12/29/2005
>Time:		1:21:51 PM
>User:		N/A
>Computer:	P10EXCHG
>Offline address list generation finished.

Hyperlink new window
How do I get a hyperlink to open up a new Internet Explorer window (i.e., I don't want people to have to back out of the linked website to get back to mine). Please refer to existing threads in correct forum. See the thread "Open in New Window" isn't appearing as an option" posted yesterday in microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F49A8EDA-030E-4826-927D-A97F7442DB...

Help to bind a new form on an account
Hi, I would like to create a new aspx page in order to add the management of the expenses to MSCRM. To do this, I need to recover the user id in this page, I tested with the BizUser WhoAmI method but that does not work. Also I would like to bind the account note for example in the contact form. Does somebody could help me? Are you using the BizUser class right? I am using this=20 class to retrieve the authenticated user and works fines. Try it: BizUser usuario =3D new BizUser(); usuario.Credentials =3D=20 System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; //diretorioVirtual =3D 'http:...

new CRM40 VPC: jscript on account form does not work?!
Does anyone also have following problem (and perhaps a solution as well): On the Account form it seems that there is no form scripting executed. For example a simple jscript line on the OnLoad of the account form: alert('onload'); is not executed! (nor are the jscripting on the onchange events) On the Contact form it does work... As for the account form problems: - event is enabled is selected - form is saved, but in preview no result - form is published and again in preview or "real-time" no result! Anyone who has an idea? okay, never mind... problem solved... ...

turn OFO off for one user so external users do not get message
Hi all I have a slight problem hope you can help. We use Exchange 2003 and I have a Distribution list which public people (customers outside the network) email to and if one of the people in the distribution list has there out of office turned on the customer get the OFO message. Now I have been doing my research and it seems that you can only turn OFO messages for everyone and not for users or groups. Do you know a way in which I can tell the exchange server not to send out OFO messages for a group. If you need more information then please do ask. Thank you in advance. F Hi, Perha...

Extracting values from a column to a new column
I have my text (or number) values organized in a singel column looking like this A 1 Lemon 2 Apple 3 "" 4 Orange 5 "" 6 Pear What formula (not VBA) should I use to have it arranged like this in a new column? Note - the cells with a value should retain it's relative position in the column B 1 Lemon 2 Apple 3 Orange 4 Pear 5 "" 6 "" Furthermore, is it possible, if needed, to sort the values in ascending or descending order in the new column? Tia Rolfie Rolfie Sure Go to Tools>Options>Custom Lists ...

Outlook XP
How do I get Outlook XP to play a sound for notification when new mail arrives and repeat playing the sound until it has been read?Thanks for ideas! You can't. But you can configure a longer wav-sound. Control Panel-> Sounds and Audio Devices-> tab Sounds-> New Mail Notification. You can even rip a CD to a very big wave-file so it will play the CD. I'm not sure whether you are able to stop playing it so make it a CD you really really like ;-) -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more......

New DC/GC not showing up in DSAccess
Good morning, All! I have a bit of a stumper for me. I will admit that I have not given this a whole lot of thought to this just yet. But, I have done the obvious. We have a client who had only one Domain Controller (I know! I know!). This is a Windows Server 2003 SP1 box running everything (GC/DNS/WINS/DHCP,et al). It is also the Exchange Server (2003, SP2). Everything is fully patched. Upon my strong urging, they purchased a second server (a Dell 2900 running Windows Server 2003 R2 x64) two months ago. We bought the x64 version as this will eventually become the Exchange Serve...

Opening Other User Folder
Hi, We recently had one of our staff leave, and now his supervisor needs access to his email account. I've given him rights to the mailbox, and he can select 'Other user's folder' from the open menu in Outlook, but he only gets the option to open the users 'Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes & Tasks'. But the user had other folders in his mailbox, where he organised emails in to. Is there someway the supervisor can open the users entire mailbox, not just the inbox? We're using Exchange 2003, and Outlook 2003. Cheers Ben In the managers Outlo...

Unable to open links from Excel in new tab
All links from Excel open in new window regardless of how the settings are configured in IE. this is very frustrating, see below for steps taken so far and versions used. Office 2007 IE 7 IE 8 So far I set all the setting in IE to open new tab, the settings work for all applications except excel. I uninstalled IE 7 and installed IE 8, problem persists. tried wheel clicking the link in excel - this does not work tried ctrl-clicking the link in excel - this just highlights the cell. Please help i'm confused by this one, it was working fine up until one day last week. th...

cannot print with new printer
I can print with HP printer but just added Canon D340. Publisher will not recognize the new printer as the default even though I have changed the default in control panel. I downloaded a new printer driver. When I try to print from Publisher I get some pretty wierd stuff on the page along with the real document. When I try to change printer 'properties' I get the following message: "Function address 0x77c43ec0 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) The application property sheet page(s) may not function properly." And then the document causes an error on the p...

User Profiles exe?
Does anyone know the exe for User Profiles. It is located in My Computer/Advanced/User Profiles/Settings? Thanks in advance. The exe for User Profiles? What exactly are you trying to do? John falcios wrote: > Does anyone know the exe for User Profiles. It is located in My > Computer/Advanced/User Profiles/Settings? > > Thanks in advance. On Feb 16, 4:34=A0am, falcios <falc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know the exe for User Profiles. It is located in My > Computer/Advanced/User Profiles/Settings? > > Thanks in advance...

border on the left of new messages
An annoying compass border is on the left of all new composed messages. How can I get rid of it? Tools, Options, Mail Format, Stationary and Fonts, Personal Stationary, Theme, change it to No Theme. Kathleen Ward wrote: > An annoying compass border is on the left of all > new composed messages. How can I get rid of it? On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:48:01 -0700, Kathleen Ward <Kathleen Ward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >An annoying compass border is on the left of all >new composed messages. How can I get rid of it? Sounds like a stationary. What version ...

Converting contacts to AD users
Hi I want to convert a load of Exchange contacts to full users in Active Directory. Some of these contacts have their msExchADCGlobalNames attributes set, while some don't. We currently use Exchange 2003. I'm assuming the ones that have these attributes are contacts that used to be in Exchange 5.5. Do I need to keep these attributes now that we use Exchange 2003 or can I just forget them? If I do need to keep them, I assume that I only need to keep the "forest" and "NT5" ones, and allow replication between AD and Exchange to handle the rest. Any thoughts? Cheers M...

Default GAL
Is there way to automate changing everyones default list in outlook 2003? I was think that there might be a way to do this with a GPO but I have not found a way. On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:01:05 -0800, "Takia" <Takia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there way to automate changing everyones default list in outlook 2003? I >was think that there might be a way to do this with a GPO but I have not >found a way. You can use ESM to configure and generate a different GAL then apply this to the targeted users. No need to use a GPO I created a New GAL, but everyone is...

NEW THREAD OF 0x800CCCOF Error Message Repost
Received this as I have daily since Jan. 14, 2010 when this computer was set up with Win 7 and WLM. Error Message: Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.bellsouth.net account. The connection to the server has failed. Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: POP3 Port: 995 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 Note: I do receive and can send my WLM mail with one domain. ============= BellSouth mail settings were checked and correct early today 3/10/10. Here's what I've done so far: 1/14/10 - uninstalled No...

outlook 2000 can't create new profiles
just migrated 75 users fine from exchage 5.5 to 2003, and all users can access their mailboxes, but new users can not resolve their names to the new mailboxes. Anyone seen this before? Thnx -- Ian Davidson President Equinox Technology Services, Inc. 212-677-8325 fax: 212-677-8231 www.etsconsulting.com Certified Virus-Free Email by Norton Antivirus Not sure on one issue. Your header says Outlook 2000 and the text says "2003", is that Windows Server 2003 or Outlook 2003 ? I am assuming Outlook 2003 as your headers do not look like Server 2003 from your versions of OE and...

group still appearing in GAL after change from Distribution to sec
Hi, I hope someone can help me out with this issue. I recently changed a group from a distribution group to a security group. I cannot see the group on the GAL but if I check the "member of" tab in outlook it still shows the group (even though it is now a security and not a distribution group) Any help would be appreciated. thanks what if you right-click the list, to to Exchange tasks, and either "remove email address" or "remove Exchange attributes"? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "chrisr" <chrisr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

simultaneously work in a work book with other users
I am trying to open a workbook or spreadsheet and have multiple users enter it at the same time. Look into 'Protect and Share Workbook' under 'Tools' - 'Protection'. Regards, Paul "Sweets" <Sweets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9397215A-AFBA-4939-AC75-566BA33914A7@microsoft.com... >I am trying to open a workbook or spreadsheet and have multiple users enter > it at the same time. ...

Creating a process as the local user from a program in the system account?
Assuming that I have an executable that runs in the system context (for example started from AT without /interactive). How would I go about starting a program for the current, logged in user? - Anders G Have you looked at CreateProcessAsUser, maybe that one can help. /Niklas "Anders Gustafsson" <dalNOton@peSPAMdago.fi> wrote in message news:VA.00000066.00b3d048@pespamdago.fi... > Assuming that I have an executable that runs in the system context (for > example started from AT without /interactive). How would I go about > starting a program for the current, logg...

Typing in cells: New Paragraph ??
I am fairly new to Excel and this may be a very basic question, so I thank you in advance. I would like to type in a single cell, and be able to start a new line in that cell. Usually this can be accomplished in every other program by either pressing; return, enter, shift+enter, or (less than sign)p(greater than sign). How in the world can this be done in this mysterious Excel program?? I appreciate any help, as I have no idea how to even search for this question. Thanks. Joanna -- Frustrated Word User Try using Alt+Enter -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Frustrated Word User"...

OWA Access Denied when user's log on to restricted
Environment: Exchange Server 2003, Windows 2003 Server, IE 6 and 7 on Windows XP Pro and Home. Several users are restricted to only log on to their own desktops in their AD Profile. Unless I allow them to logon to all computers, they get an Access Denied error from OWA. I tried adding the Exchange server AND all the domain controllers to their "Log on to" profile, but it still doesn't work unless their "Log on to" is unrestriced. Any ideas? Thanks! Dee Anyone? "Dee" wrote: > Environment: Exchange Server 2003, Windows 2003 Server, IE 6 and 7 on W...

CRM v3
I trying to reassigning users to a different Business Unit and I get an error message. What is happening and how can a fix/repair/get around this? I'm logged in as THE crm administrator (who also installed the application and created other users). Here's my process: 1. Open a user record of a valid CRM user 2. Select Actions --> Change business Unit 3. Use lookup window to select a child business unit 4. Select the business unit. Click OK. 5. Click Ok. 6. Error appears: "The logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permission to view these records or perfor...

Option to copy user defined fields when copying a Sales Order Doc
When you copy a SOP document then the user defined fields from the source document are not copied with that document. As these fields often define important specific information about a Sales Order document it would be good if there was an option to copy this data s well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

Currently locked record due to too many users (>4) on Access?
We get a Could not update; currently locked message when we try to add a new record, though no users are accessing the record. Seems to add OK to our main table - problem seems to be adding records to a linked table. Only difference I can tell from previous use is that there are 5 users on the database and I wonder if that has an effect on locking...using Access 2003 on XP SP2 on a Win Server 2003 server network "MnTAPBob" You said all tables are in one database file, so there is only one database. The tables then are not linked, but have relationships between each othe...

User is not in system
Hi, I´ve the following symptom: I´ve created some user an send external emails to them. One user has the mail at his homepage the other one not. I sent an CC mail and got the error: User is not in system! I have to assign it manually but afterwards the entry is not in his inbox!? There is no difference between this users but one is domain admin the one with the error not! Thanks for help! Bernd Michitsch ...