New users don't get email box when created in Active Directory

When I create a new user on my Windows 2000 server, in Active Directory, I
automacticly get the option to create a mailbox for this new user in the
Exchange 2003 server. I make sure the option is checked, but when I finish
the process of making the new user, the new user doesn't get a mailbox. I'm
able to go into the "E-mail Addresses" tab inside the properties box for the
new user, and add a New SMTP address for that user. Then I have to go into
ADSI Edit to change the "msExchaUserAccountControl" value to 0. ( I did this
because I got errors 1022 and 9562 in event viewer when I tried to POP3 to
the mailbox, so I was refered to article ID Q273363). The new user still
doesn't seem to appear in the Global Address list, although their mailbox
does appear in the list of mailboxes in the "mailbox store". The problem also
keeps happening for any new users I create and have to add the mailbox
manualy and then edit the ADSI settings.

Does anyone have a idea what might be going wrong? Thanks for your time.
0
Patenaude (1)

You've got an issue with the Recipient Update Service.  Use the following
link to troubleshoot why RUS isn't stamping these objects.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=288807
also, refer to the Exchange team blog (4 part series covering RUS)
http://blogs.technet.com/exchange/archive/2004/07/27/198662.aspx

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Joseph Patenaude" <Joseph Patenaude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DC4A3AE2-723A-4656-A374-A7777FB0F7C1@microsoft.com...
> When I create a new user on my Windows 2000 server, in Active Directory, I
> automacticly get the option to create a mailbox for this new user in the
> Exchange 2003 server. I make sure the option is checked, but when I finish
> the process of making the new user, the new user doesn't get a mailbox.
> I'm
> able to go into the "E-mail Addresses" tab inside the properties box for
> the
> new user, and add a New SMTP address for that user. Then I have to go into
> ADSI Edit to change the "msExchaUserAccountControl" value to 0. ( I did
> this
> because I got errors 1022 and 9562 in event viewer when I tried to POP3 to
> the mailbox, so I was refered to article ID Q273363). The new user still
> doesn't seem to appear in the Global Address list, although their mailbox
> does appear in the list of mailboxes in the "mailbox store". The problem
> also
> keeps happening for any new users I create and have to add the mailbox
> manualy and then edit the ADSI settings.
>
> Does anyone have a idea what might be going wrong? Thanks for your time.

0
Ben

Unlocking a User
I have GP10 and a user entered a password wrong too many times. I am logged into GP and an under 'Admininstration' and do not see a way to unlock the user. Am I in the right place? Where do I need to go? Thanks, John John, Are you enforcing password policies for your users in GP? If so, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > User. Enter a temporary password for the user and check the Change Password Next Login box. Provide the user with the temporary password and the system will do the rest. Again, this is all assuming your are enforcing pas...

New Disk storage

copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..
Hi, I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original.. is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this.. thanks "AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uzrSvxp6KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the > i...

data input in text box

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Creating new attributes

adding name /creating field/query?

hyperlinking email addresses

Outlook 2003

transferring to new pc

Reverse created rules
I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send emails from an email address directly into the deleted files. How do I reverse or delete the rule for this sender??????? If this is Outlook then select the Tools Menu > Rules Wizard > locate the Rule and delete it, if its Outlook Express then go to Tools > Message Rules "joebzii@everestkc.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c12401c4218b$fa8e7f70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send > emails from an email address directly into the deleted &...

Calculating age in a label or text box on a form
Hello All, I have a text box for birthdate for a user to enter the birthdate and I want to the age for the user to be automatically calcuated and displayed in another label called "Age." What formula can I use? Missy ...

Incoming email slow to come in

Distrebution List to send as internal user
I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails sales@mydomain.com it should... Distribute it to the sales team. Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com Any ideas? Thanks Peretz Stern wrote: > I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails > sales@mydomain.com it should... > > Distribute it to the sales team. > Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com > > Any ideas? Thanks If someone outside your office sends mail to a DL, it will be from the original sender. I can't think of any way around...

Outlook 2007 create background
it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in outlook 2007 !? Aloha ami, I wish that were true however...Tools | Options | Mail Format | Stationery and Fonts. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in > outlook 2007 !? > You cannot create new stationery for Outlook 2007, but you can create = new themes. In an open message, on the Options tab, make your changes = with the commands in the Them...