New users can't access mailboxes

We have a single windows 2000 domain with an exchange 2003 server (2003
O.S.) which has been working fine for some while.
The last user account I created was a month or so back which was OK , but
I've recently created a couple of new accounts that are having problems.
They can log onto the domain successfully , but when I try and set up
Outlook 2003 for them I get an error "the name could not be matched to a
name in the address list"

I've tried two genuine users and a couple of "test" ones as well all with
the same symptoms.

If I try and send them an email I get an undeliverable report.

  address@company.com on 31/10/2006 12:38
  The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was
sent to.  Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to
find out the correct address.
  <exchange2003.company.com #5.1.1>"

Looking at the account properties in AD Users and Computers I can see that
they have had email addresses created for them , and that they are not
hidden from address lists.

If you look at the mailbox rights instead of the usual selection of
permissions they only have an entry for "self".
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272153 describes the rights issue but
sending an email to that account doesn't resolve it.

The accounts have been active long enough for the scheduled address list
refresh to have taken place and I have manually forced a rebuild of the
offline address book - this has not solved the problem.

There are no related errors on the domain controllers' event logs.
On the exchange server in the application log I get error 9320
OALGen could not generate full details for some entries in the offline
address list for address list "global address list"
and a couple of error 9323 referring to existing users that have expired
email certificates which is I believe the cause of the 9320 error.

Any suggestions please?

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

0
Dr

I get an error "the name could not be matched to a
> name in the address list"

Your users don't have access to a GAL

>  address@company.com on 31/10/2006 12:38
>  The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was
> sent to.  Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to
> find out the correct address.
>  <exchange2003.company.com #5.1.1>"

Check your domain is authorative in your RPL

> If you look at the mailbox rights instead of the usual selection of
> permissions they only have an entry for "self".
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272153 describes the rights issue but
> sending an email to that account doesn't resolve it.

Re-run domainprep

Oliver

"Dr Zoidberg" <alexNOOOOOO!!!!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote in message
> We have a single windows 2000 domain with an exchange 2003 server (2003
> O.S.) which has been working fine for some while.
> The last user account I created was a month or so back which was OK , but
> I've recently created a couple of new accounts that are having problems.
> They can log onto the domain successfully , but when I try and set up
> Outlook 2003 for them I get an error "the name could not be matched to a
> name in the address list"
>
> I've tried two genuine users and a couple of "test" ones as well all with
> the same symptoms.
>
> If I try and send them an email I get an undeliverable report.

>  address@company.com on 31/10/2006 12:38
>  The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was
> sent to.  Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to
> find out the correct address.
>  <exchange2003.company.com #5.1.1>"
>
> Looking at the account properties in AD Users and Computers I can see that
> they have had email addresses created for them , and that they are not
> hidden from address lists.
>
> If you look at the mailbox rights instead of the usual selection of
> permissions they only have an entry for "self".
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272153 describes the rights issue but
> sending an email to that account doesn't resolve it.
>
> The accounts have been active long enough for the scheduled address list
> refresh to have taken place and I have manually forced a rebuild of the
> offline address book - this has not solved the problem.
>
> There are no related errors on the domain controllers' event logs.
> On the exchange server in the application log I get error 9320
> OALGen could not generate full details for some entries in the offline
> address list for address list "global address list"
> and a couple of error 9323 referring to existing users that have expired
> email certificates which is I believe the cause of the 9320 error.
>
> Any suggestions please?
>
> --
> Alex
>
> "I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"
>
> www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
11/1/2006 12:03:32 PM
Oliver Moazzezi wrote:
> I get an error "the name could not be matched to a
>> name in the address list"
>
> Your users don't have access to a GAL

They did , it just wasn't being updated with the new users.
Anyway , I had the opportunity to reboot the server last night and that
fixed it without me changing anything.
Thanks for the suggestion though
--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

0
Dr

Removing multiple users from Outlook

open two different Access reports

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Setting up a new e-mail account

compact database in VBA access 2007

LDAP Write access?

MS Access 2007 code not running

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...

OWA user can only see subject
Hello friends, OWA users are unable to see their mail. Only Subject field is visible, without mail contents(No message is visible). Our outlook is working fine. Any ideas why this is happening and how we can solve this. Regards Guri ...

PS2007
I was trying to troubleshoot a problem and checking to see if services in SharePoint Central Admin were running. I must have accidently clicked when rolling over the start and stop as I got kicked out of Central Admin and can't get back in. How does one restart if stopped or regain access??? Services generally allow you to stop and restart. Where do I go to restore access. Everything seems to be running ok, but it wont let me access Central Admin in the server. Anybody know how to restore this? Hi Rick. Fear not, thankfully, there is a stsadm command to help start the ...

Access records
I created a datbase for an archery tournament. Is there a way to easily delete last years scores so I can start clean again this year without deleting each score individually. If you designed it properly to begin with you wouldn't need to delete anything and could just move forward. But, barring that, you can just open the tables and click the top left square where the columns and rows meet, which should select all of the records and then hit your delete key -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ______________...

How to export users list from MS-Exchange AD Users&Computers?
Hello, I want to export my exchange mailbox-enabled users list with their Given Name+Surname and e-mail address.. I get this kind of list from ActiveDirectory Users&Computers but I can not export it.. I know that there is a program somewhere that does what I want, but I can't remember it's name.. Note: I don't mean LDIFDE tools.. Thanks for your help. Capricorn As always...be careful and test things in a lab first, please. LDIFDE tools can be pretty ugly... CSVDE will work and it is possible to limit the columns that are output by CSVDE. Note: If you have a large ...

Is it possible to access Gridview's sorted dataview?
Hi - I'm going mad, ASP.NET 3.5 I've got a Gridview bound to an objectdatasource. Sorting is enabled in gridview, but objectdatasource isn't doing any sorting. I can pick up the unsorted datatable from the Selected event of the objectdatasource, but I really want the sorted version. Is there any event on the gridview where I can access the sorted dataview it must be using internally? Why am I asking? We're using paging as well (i.e. truncated data in gridview) and I want to loop through the full sorted dataview to find the primary key value to set selectedindex....