New shared mailbox not inheriting permissions from the parent store in Exchange System Manager

We run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 cluster, which we migrated a
couple of months ago from Exchange and Windows 2000. One of our
helpdesk guys has just created a shared mailbox, and has noticed that
it is not inheriting any of the security permissions that are applied
to its parent mail store, and which are common to all the existing
mailboxes within that store. I checked on the AD objects security
properties, and it is set to inherit rights from its parent, so I don't
know why this could be. In fact it is not inheriting any permissions at
all - either from its AD parent or from its parent store in ESM. Its
permissions tab was almost entirely unpopulated (apart from itself).
Any ideas folks?

Quentin

On 19 Sep 2006 06:50:30 -0700, "QH" <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> wrote:

>We run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 cluster, which we migrated a
>couple of months ago from Exchange and Windows 2000. One of our
>helpdesk guys has just created a shared mailbox, and has noticed that
>it is not inheriting any of the security permissions that are applied
>to its parent mail store, and which are common to all the existing
>mailboxes within that store. I checked on the AD objects security
>properties, and it is set to inherit rights from its parent, so I don't
>know why this could be. In fact it is not inheriting any permissions at
>all - either from its AD parent or from its parent store in ESM. Its
>permissions tab was almost entirely unpopulated (apart from itself).
>Any ideas folks?
>
>Quentin

Logon on to the mailbox and permissions should be applied.
0
adavid (8731)
9/19/2006 2:00:48 PM
Thank-you so much for that. I am feeling quite foolish now!

Andy David - MVP wrote:
> On 19 Sep 2006 06:50:30 -0700, "QH" <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >We run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 cluster, which we migrated a
> >couple of months ago from Exchange and Windows 2000. One of our
> >helpdesk guys has just created a shared mailbox, and has noticed that
> >it is not inheriting any of the security permissions that are applied
> >to its parent mail store, and which are common to all the existing
> >mailboxes within that store. I checked on the AD objects security
> >properties, and it is set to inherit rights from its parent, so I don't
> >know why this could be. In fact it is not inheriting any permissions at
> >all - either from its AD parent or from its parent store in ESM. Its
> >permissions tab was almost entirely unpopulated (apart from itself).
> >Any ideas folks?
> >
> >Quentin
>

> Logon on to the mailbox and permissions should be applied.

Recovering the contents of an Exchange 2K database
Our Exchange 2000 Server crashed, and the network manager saved off to another server the Priv1.edb & Priv1.stm files, then reformatted the machine, thinking that he had everything on backup tape. The backups are incomplete (only the mailboxes, and not the Data Store w/ Contacts & Calendar). I have attempted to re-mount this database on a new Exchange 2K installation, but all I get is the error "An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager, or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both. ID no: c1041724 Exchange Syste...

viewing or redirecting emails from a particular user on exchange
We have a person who we think is sending company information by email to our competitiors. I want to be able to view emails sent from this person without their knowledge. So i need to be able to create a BCC of the email and sent it to another address so that i can view it. We are running SBS 2003 and Exchange 2003. If anyone could provide any information that would be great. Message Journaling: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173&Product=exch2k On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:45:02 -0800, "fesz" <fesz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We...

Auto convert PST/POP to Exchange 2003 mailboxes?
We are about to convert our users from PST files (POP3) to Exchange 2003 mailboxes. As there are several hundred of users, this would be way too heavy to do them all manually one by one. Is there a tool to do this automatically (covert from PST/POP3 to Exchange 2003 mailboxes)? We will upgrade the users Office 2000/XP to Office 2003. TIA Linda On Mon, 30 May 2005 13:50:24 +0200, Linda Lindsez <spamblooocker@hotmail.com> wrote: >We are about to convert our users from PST files (POP3) to Exchange >2003 mailboxes. As there are several hundred of users, this would be >way to...

RE: System Mailbox
Greetings, Can someone tell me if there is a way to access the 'System' mailbox that shows up under >First Storage Group>Mailboxes, where all the user mailboxes are? thx B I believe MFCMapi will help you. "Boris the Spider" wrote: > Greetings, > > Can someone tell me if there is a way to access the 'System' mailbox that > shows up under >First Storage Group>Mailboxes, where all the user mailboxes > are? > > thx > > B > > > ...

Error 80070057
H I just installed a Exchange 2003 box as new server of a Exchange 5.5 site (exdeploy-tools) I didn't received any errors during install and mail flow between servers My issue is when I view the RUS properties it shows only Descriptio properties and when I try to generate a new RUS service I get the erro Exchange System Manager Invalid Argumen Facility: Win3 ID No: 8007005 Exchange System Manage I received the same error message when I try to generate a new Address Lis What is the problem The exchange service account is member of the following groups: local administrators, domain a...

memory sharing between threads
I got two threads, thread A and thread B. Both of them were running. Now, before thread B is going to terminate, it creates a file mapping object and writes something in it, then PostThreadMessage() to thread A, and thread B terminates. On receiving the thread message from thread B, thread A wants to open the file mapping object and read in data. But, unfornuately, it's already closed when thread B terminates. I know SendMessage() wouldn't return until the message is processed. But it requires a window handle of thread A. I just couldn't pass a handle between two independen...

Sharing a Distribution List in My Contacts Folder
Hi all, I'm sure there is some relatively easy way of doing this, but so far I haven't figured out the method. :> I have a distribution list called PDBUG within my Contacts folder. I'd like to make that PDBUG list available to 3 other people within my organization. What is the easiest and/or best way to accomplish this? Is there some way I can just attach the PDBUG list to an email and have them save it? Thanks for your suggestions. Alan Alan <whoameye@nowhere.pew.invalid> wrote: > I have a distribution list called PDBUG within my Contacts folder. ...

storing all email
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have all mail received by an exchange server to be duplicated to a particular mailbox to be retained even if the user deletes the email from there inbox? you want to look up "Journaling"...what version Exchange? "Mick853" <mick853@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:idyde.41389$c24.949@attbi_s72... > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have all mail received by an > exchange server to be duplicated to a particular mailbox to be retained even > if the user deletes the email from there inbox? > > ...

Exchange 2003 System Manager Server Modified Date Meaning
Hi, I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service packs and the furthest right says "modified date" Could some one please eleborate on what this actually means? Thanks On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 06:20:28 -0800, Darrel <Darrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server >property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service >packs and the furthest right says "modified d...

CRM v1.2 Report Manager Problem
Hi all, I am having a problem with Report Manager after having reinstalled the MS CRM on the CRM Server. When I logged in using Report Manager, it stated that the "CRM folder does not exist!" I can run all other CRM services fine but with this error I cannot publish all of my reports and hence keep getting the Crystal Report Logon Error. I am stuck to this problem for so long and still have no solution to it... I tried to delete and rebuild the APS database, uninstalled CRM then go into the registry to delete all crystal related values, everything I can digged out from the internet...

store.exe crashing
Almost every day at approximately the same time I get the following errors on my Exchange 2003 server. Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.6944.3, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000. or Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.6944.3, stamp 3ef3897f, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x4e86fc90 Anyone have any ideas? I have not had much luck finding any information related to this. Thanks, Gary u are totally scrood, reinstall exchange and restore. >-----Original Message----- >Almost...

Disk space on the exchange
I have a 12GB disk space on my data directory on my exchange. My private edb file is now 9.7 GB. I had my all my user to reduce their mailboxes but I still have not seem a decrease in that .edb file. I have ran the edbutil function to compact the database, still nothing. If someone could give me some suggestion to free up some disk space, it would be very helpful. Thanks You need to do an offline defrag. Just go to google and do a search for: Exchange offline defrag Matt "jlassiter" <jlassiter@nngov.com> wrote in message news:1140a01c3f4bb$8ef15c30$a401280a@phx....

Inventory Transactions using Integration Manager
Hi I am trying to import inventory transactions (adjustmnet) using the IM, the key thing is I want all lines in a single transaction. I memic the sample in IM. but its not working imports all linesbut I am getting this error: Object 'Adjustment 1' already exists -- cannot Insert. I think the problem is related to te documnet number, I am using a cloumn that conatains the same number for all rows (in order to import all the lines in a single trx) Am I missing anything? any hint? Thanks Look at the "group by" function in the IM manual. An import will consist of hea...

System.mdw as applies to FE and BE
My FE is secured by AppName.mdw. Now I have to secure the BE. Do I use the same .mdw file? How? Currently my .mdw file resides on the same network drive as my BE. What's to prevent someone from deleting the .mdw file? Where should the .mdw file be located for a multiuser app so that it can't be deleted or somehow corrupted by a malicious user? Hi, David. > My FE is secured by AppName.mdw. Now I have to secure the BE. Do I use the > same .mdw file? How? Don't use the Database Splitter Wizard to split the secure database. Your back end will end up unsecured. Oh, ...

Slendertone Men's Flex Abdominal Toning System Belt
Price:$149.99 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B0006JJFOC Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B0006JJFOC I wasn't sure About this product the first time I saw it. I was quite skeptical but a month later I saw it again and had the money So I said why not. Well I can tell you this works the hell out of your abs, the intensity level is ridiculous. I went max one day but couldn't do it the next because it was to much, I had to drop it down by 10. I work out and trying to lose my gut, though I cant see my 6pack yet My abs feel super tight to a point w...

Two users sharing a computer but not inbox
Hi guys, is it possible, in Outlook 02, for two users to share a computer but be able to send/receive emails from different accounts? Eg: in our restaurant we have one computer. Currently that computer is receiving mail for dine@restaurant but now we want the chef to have his own address, chef@restaurant. However, we want dine@ and chef@ to go to separate inboxes so the manager and chef don't have to sift through unnecessary messages to read their own mail. I have tried setting up the new email address and telling it to put messages in a new data file called chef.pst but this hasn't...

Unapply previously applied transactions in Payables Management
We are looking for a way to unapply previously applied transactions in Payables Management. We see that the Professional Services Tool Library (PSTL) module from MBS has an unapply functionality for RM, but apparently not for PM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mes...

Quick Permissions Question
Dear Outlook 2003 Users, Is there any fast method of giving Person X permission to everyone's calendar permissions? I'd hate to go into 75 accounts and manually change add Person X to each user's calendar permissions. This person is the admin and needs to be able to adjust people's schedules. Thanks! Kevin See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm#tools for solutions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Admi...

Different Prices in Different Stores
I run 8 stores, and HO and want two of the stores to have different prices to the other stores. We handle all pricing from HO. I've never done this before, and although I can read the manual, it's often better to ask the people that have done it for their experience, what mistakes have been made, and what to look out for. thanks Chris England Style 304 Change Item Prices (regular) worksheet, check mark the stores you want affected by those prices, so the worksheet gets created just for those two stores...if all items will have a different price, select ALL DEPARTMENTS so a...

Cannot delete mailbox/email account from Outlook 2003
Hello All - I'm a systems admin at a company that use exchange server. Someone added a mailbox to an e-mail account, and it appears as a second mailbox in the folder list. The only problem is, I can't delete it. If I right click the mail account, select "close mailbox...", I receive the error that the mailbox is associated with an account, and to remove it I need to go to Tools, E-mail accounts, view or change, blah blah blah. If I go to that route, I can delete the Microsoft Exchange Server account that exists. However, in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following loca...

Exchange POP3 Message Retrieval WOES..........
Is there any possible way to decrease the amount of time for Exchange to go out and check a mail server in the POP3 settings? It will not go any lower than 15 minutes before Exchange will even attempt to go out and look for mail. For people that live and die by e-mail everyday, you would think that you could set it down to every minute if we so choose. Why limit it to only 15 minutes. Is there a VB script that will run that process faster or tell Exchange to go check for mail now versus having it wait 15 min? BTW, this is with SBS 2003 Standard Edition Please help, this is a major ...

Mailbox Permissions #22
Is it possible to allow 2 user accounts to use 1 mailbox? I am running a Windows Server 2003 environment with Exhcange 2003 and would like 2 users to have access to one mailbox if possible. Thanks, Vic yes...you need to grant "full mailbox" access to the mailbox on the Exchange General tab, and on the Security tab, grant "send as" rights to both the users... "Vic" <western.cu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:u1T$poKiFHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to allow 2 user accounts to use 1 mailbox? I am running a > Windows Server 2003 e...

new emails don't show without clicking send-receive
new emails don't show without clicking send-receive button--and now I've lost the send/receive button. What do I do? thanks ...

Exchange Disaster recovery Group
Hi, Have successfully been to restore a mailbox using the Exchange Disaster Recovery Group. Have dismounted the database, can I now delete the database from the RSG and all the associated files from the folder on the drive? Thanks, Abhi Yes. If you are done with the Recovery Storage Group, simply dismount the database, then delete the database and Recovery Storage Group from System Manager, and delete the associated files on your drive. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Abhi" &...

Repeat formula in new rows
I have created a simple spread sheet to keep track of finances. Each day I want to enter a stock price at the beginning of a new row and then have about 8 columns adjust their amounts in the new row. When I enter a new stock price at the beginning of a new line and press enter, only two of the 8 columns tabulate and produce new amounts. The two columns that do act correctly have these formulas on line 14 for example: F14 has: =50000*B14 J14 has: =F14-187492.97 Some of the ones that do not adjust and stay blank have these formulas on line 13: C13 has: =B13-B12 but there is nothing i...