New Server

I currently have Exchange 2000 on an older server (Windows 2000). I also have
Exchange 2003 on a 1 year old server (windows 2003). I've recently purchased
a new server to replace the old server (windows 2000) with (windows 2003). I
have moved everything off the older server except exchange. I can actually
power the machine down and have no problems running the two newer servers.

However, I would like to install Exchange 2003 on the newest server so that
we have a backup exchange server. Can I just bring down the oldest server,
bring it off the network, and remove it with no problems, then install
exchange 2003 on the new server? or is there something I need to do first?

I've never had to do this before. Always just brought the server up and
installed the exchange on it. (This is also my first time with exchange 2003)
reason for these questions.

0
Brenda1 (81)

I would follow this article to remove your first Exchange 2000 Server
properly, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307917

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

"brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I currently have Exchange 2000 on an older server (Windows 2000). I also
>have
> Exchange 2003 on a 1 year old server (windows 2003). I've recently
> purchased
> a new server to replace the old server (windows 2000) with (windows 2003).
> have moved everything off the older server except exchange. I can actually
> power the machine down and have no problems running the two newer servers.
>
> However, I would like to install Exchange 2003 on the newest server so
> that
> we have a backup exchange server. Can I just bring down the oldest server,
> bring it off the network, and remove it with no problems, then install
> exchange 2003 on the new server? or is there something I need to do first?
>
> I've never had to do this before. Always just brought the server up and
> installed the exchange on it. (This is also my first time with exchange
> 2003)
> reason for these questions.

0
jcoliverjr (1013)

Old DPM server can still manage moved protection server
Recently I needed to move some protected servers from DPM1 to DPM2. So on the protected servers I successfully ran the SetDPMServer.exe command to point it to DPM2. Then on DPM2, I ran the Attach- ProductionServer.ps1 cmdlet. I've done this dozens of times and all the commands worked fine. I created a protection group for the protected server on DPM2, the replicas were created successfully, and backups are fine. However back on DPM1, the protected server still shows up as OK under Management -> Agents. This must have happened last week as well, because I did the same process ...

CRM and Exchange Server 2007
I have three servers in my organization. One of them is DC and Exchange Server 2007 (Server A). One of them is Dynamics CRM and SharePoint 2007 (Server B). One of them is ISA Server 2006 (Server C). How can I install CRM Exchange E-mail Router in ServerA. The documentation of Router Update (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f7656f0f-4195-4a7d-b654-2786787e1422&DisplayLang=en) indicates the following: "Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 must be installed and operational on the computer that the Router is to be installed. NOTE...

Moving some users to new mailbox database fails
A new client of mine runs Exchange 2007 Standard SP1 on a single server. Today their Information Store shutdown due to being over 250GB in size (300GB to be exact). The site has 120 users and do not want to be limited on email storage space. We created a new Database and tried moving seven users over. Only four moved successfully. The other three genereated events: 9660, 1022, 8507, and 1008. The users mailbox size varies from 1.5GB to 4.5GB. For troubleshooting, I have already verified the account I'm using has FullAccess permissions to the account. I've also verifie...

New E-mails don't notify
Hello all, Some of the people in my office are experiencing this problem. New mail does not show up in their inbox until they click into a different folder, which seems to wake up Outlook into checking for messages. It seems that Outlook just isn't checking for messages until there is user intervention. The symptoms sound exactly like those discussed in 815052, however the pc's with this problem are not using Microsoft Firewall Client program, which is one of the causes of the issue in the article. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I am experiencing the sam...

Open Link in NEW WINDOW!
There has to be some way to setup Outlook to open all web links in a BRAND NEW BROWSER WINDOW, rather than opening the link in a window I already have open and am using for something else. Does anyone know how to do this? ...

Work flow to create new record
Is the following possible in v4 without code writing (we currently use v3 and I don't think it is possible). Assume that account and competitors have a relationship. When an account is created I want it to automatically add a certain competitor record to the account. This is to faciliate a work around whereby I can then run a search to show all records that do not have a competitor. Thanks James that is possible in v4 workflow James. you can create a new record (of almost any type) when your account creation workflow is fired. Dave "JamesE" <JamesE@discussions.mi...

Adding A New Account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C73674.080A2FA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I did not see this answered anywhere on google goups, so if it is out = there forgive me. I have Money 2007 Biz. I have 2 Netbank accounts and sync then online. I = opened a NetBank CD last week and I want to add it to money. Of course, = Money says to add an account from this bank run update and money will = find it and add it. Each time I update Money does not find the CD = account. Is there a way to ...

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

Reporting Services and CRM Server in same directory
I have installed Reporting Services and the CRM Server in the same directory. This is a pilot program install. I am now getting the below error which is addressed with KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948012 which resolution 2 does not seeem to work. I am now faced with reinstalling the CRM Server or Reporting Server, which is easier to recover from if I have to do them? An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help Error executing child request for /ReportServer/Pages/ ReportViewer.aspx. The type Microsoft.Crm...

I'm trying to merge 2 workbooks into 1 new workbook.
I need assistance on merging 2 workbooks in to 1. Information may or maynot be different in each workbook. Can this be done?? ...

Event ID 7010 and 7004 between EX2003 servers
Hello, I have 3 different exchange servers, different domains also. To send mail between the servers i use an SMTP connector and for 2 of the 3 servers this works fine. For the third server i can send e-mail to internet e-mail, get mail from over the internet, get mail from the other 2 servers but when i want to send e-mail to the other two servers i get this on my third new server (sending server): Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7004 Date: 16/07/2004 Time: 23:24:43 User: N/A Computer: SPSERVER10 Description: This is an SM...

Adding A New Column
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I was emailed a document that is made up of columns and rows. I would like to add one more column and extend the rows into that new column. How do I create that one extra column and extend the rows into it? <br> thanks. It depends on what the "columns & rows" actually are. If it's a Table just click in the column you want the new one next to then go to Table> Insert> Column to the Left or Column to the Right. The new column will have the same number of rows as the other column...

HELP ! Windows Server 2003 SP2 boots indefinitely
Hello, Since the last Microsoft Update (last week) two of my servers Windows server 2003 SP2, where the update was accepted, boot and reboot indefinitely. The other servers Win 2003 which didn't accept the update are running fine. How can I get rid of this last update ? Or can we correct this awful bug? I need your help ! Thanks You can uninstall it from the recovery console. From the recovery console command line navigate to; %SystemRoot%\$NtUninstallKBxxxxxx$\spuninst where xxxxxx is the KB article number you want to uninstall. and execute BATCH spuninst.t...

Outlook XP: no clear notification of filtered new messages
I have rules that move incoming messages from the inbox to other folders. Under Outlook 2000, those folders would get opened up so that the bold folder name (with the new message) could be seen. With XP, even that small indication of filtered new mail is gone. Eudora had the right idea years ago - bold the name of all parent folders of subfolders with new messages. Can I make Outlook do anything at all about this? I found messages a week old because I was unaware of this (mis)behavior. How about some clever VBA to either bold the parent folder names, or at least open the parent folders so th...

copying formula with worksheet name-need new formula to have another worksheet name
I want to be able copy a formula from b5 to b6 but have the worksheet name change, i.e.: I have 13 sheets in my workbook; the first sheet is called Summary which is where my formula presides. 2nd sheet,3rd sheet, etc. are called Sal Hrs_Jan10, Sal Hrs_Feb10, etc. My formula in b5 is =+'Sal Hrs_Jan10'!$C$15. I want b6 to say =+'Sal Hrs_Feb10'!$C$15 I want b7 to say =+'Sal Hrs_Mar10'!$C$15 Column a, cell a5 has Jan-10 (this is a date 1/1/2010 formatted as custom, mmm-yy). Can anyone help me??? Put this in B5: =3DINDIRECT("'Sal Hrs_"...

changing IP of the exchange server
Hi, I have windows 2003 with exchange 2003 server, running perfectly fine. Recently I have been assigned with a new IP address from my ISP and so I have to use the new IP address instead of the old one(It is a public IP address.) My query is can I change the old IP address to the new one without affecting the functionality of the server. Is this a working scenario.I don't want to try and disturb the current setup Please advice. Regards Vic On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:01:51 +0400, "Vikrant" <vikrant_nath@hotmail(removethispart).com> wrote: > >Hi, > >I ha...

New Contacts Field/Folder/Section
Hi, I have Outlook 2003. I would like to ask if it's possible to only view selected contacts when creating a new email? I would like to only see the contacts I have already set up in Outlook Express. I have a bunch of contacts in the contacts section of Outlook but I would like to only see about 20 or so contacts (that I choose) when creating a new email. Maybe this sounds ridiculous but I figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks for any help Jay Create a view of your Contacts folder that shows only those 20 contacts, then when it's time to write the e-mail, switch to that vi...

New install Issue
Hi, I have just created a crm box following the instructions in the included ig.pdf, however i am not prompted to log into the site, i automatically get logged in to the site as admin. I am sure that it is an iis configuration issue, could anyone help me out on this one CRM uses a 'single sign' on method. Unless you change your IE Local Intranet settings, when you access the crm site, your logged on user profile will be used to log you into the application automatically. Since you installed the software as 'Administrator' crm automatically created the CRM System Adminis...

Creating New Category Groups
I recently purchased Money 2004 and opened my older file in the new program. Several of my categories converted to unassigned Category Groups. I would like to create new Category Groups but I was unable to locate in the help menu the information needed to do this. Can someone help me with this? You can respond to me directly using my email address. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, S. Link wrote: >I recently purchased Money 2004 and opened my older file >in the new program. Several of my categories converted to >unassigned Category Groups. I would like to create new >...

Transferring OE mail from old to new machine
I recently got a new laptop but have had trouble transferring mail from OE. Because I was giving my old machine to my daughter, I first deleted my mail on old machine. Belatedly I realised that I had to take copy of it first. I located the directory, and saw that the *.DBX files were still there. I copied the *.DBX files to my flash disk, copied them to my new laptop. When I try to import the messages, it says that it has done so, but when I try to view them through inbox or outbox, they are empty. I think my deleting the messages has put some markers on the *.dbx files. Is there anyw...

Rank it a NEW WEB page www.World-Estate.com
Rank it a NEW WEB page www.World-Estate.com New real estate web page for all the world tell me wath u think : www.World-Estate.com If You can write me email , then we will make this page beter. Thanks www.World-Estate.com ...

moving cells to new sheets
I am trying to tidy up a fairly large and complex workbook that is all (quite confusingly) kept on one sheet. Is there any way to move cells to other worksheets and have them hold on to their original reference from the original sheet? e.g. easily copy cell from Sheet 1 with say, (=R1/2) to Sheet2 so it now has the formula (='Sheet1'!R1/2) Thanks David Try: Cut (from Sheet 1) > Paste (in Sheet 2) D Abramovich <youdontneed@myemail.add> wrote in message news:0a4b01c38f05$65235a50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > I am trying to tidy up a fairly large and complex workbook ...

Backup SQL Server 2008
Hi, I am trying to backup databases on my SQL Server 2008 X64 running on Server 2008. This has always worked nicely, but lately for some reason, I am unable to see the SQL databases in the DPM console, and therefore i cannot add the databases to the protection group. I am currently testing DPM 2010 but the problem was also in DPM 2007. Any advise on how to troubleshoot this? /Rune Is SQL Writer Service running on the SQL sever? -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://www.sivarajan.c...

Continuous form / new record
Hi all, I have the following issue.. In a continuous form, for each new record, I have a command button that “creates” a related record...this command button is visible in the “next record” even if a record is not created in the current form. How do I restrict the command button from creating a new related record if the current record is not created..? I hope I managed to explain my problem well... Thanks! On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 23:19:02 -0800, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: If you setup your db design correctly, the related (child) record CANNOT be...

Exchange Serive and Outside pop server
Can someone help me setting this up, I running exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server, I also have an outside pop server. When a outlook client chooses an exchange recepient to mail to I want it to route to the pop server NOT directly to the recepients exchange mailbox. I have outlook setup with an pop3 account and exchange. Thanks so much! "=?Utf-8?B?TWFudWVsIFJvYmxlcw==?=" <Manuel Robles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:34EDEC7F-C670-48A6-82E2-ED46AA55AB01@microsoft.com: > Can someone help me setting this up, I running exchange 5.5 on a > windows 2000 ser...