New server question

I just installed a new exchange server on my network and it seems to work
great for reciving and sending external mail but the users on the old server
can not send mail to users on the new server. They are both in the same
domain. I have check the relay restrinctions and nothing pops out at me.
users get an error that says:

Relaying denied. Proper authentication required

TIA

0
jsawyer (28)

these servers are in the same routing group?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> I just installed a new exchange server on my network and it seems to work
> great for reciving and sending external mail but the users on the old
server
> can not send mail to users on the new server. They are both in the same
> domain. I have check the relay restrinctions and nothing pops out at me.
> users get an error that says:
>
> Relaying denied. Proper authentication required
>

> TIA

0
sconkey (3059)
11/17/2005 6:08:14 PM
Sorry I am new to exchange, how would I tell?

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> these servers are in the same routing group?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> I just installed a new exchange server on my network and it seems to work
>> great for reciving and sending external mail but the users on the old
> server
>> can not send mail to users on the new server. They are both in the same
>> domain. I have check the relay restrinctions and nothing pops out at me.
>> users get an error that says:
>>
>> Relaying denied. Proper authentication required
>>

>> TIA

0
jsawyer (28)
11/17/2005 6:14:17 PM
what version Outlook?  2003?  in the ESM, do you just have one
Administrative Group and/or one Routing Group showing?

--

> Sorry I am new to exchange, how would I tell?
>
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> > these servers are in the same routing group?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> >> I just installed a new exchange server on my network and it seems to
work
> >> great for reciving and sending external mail but the users on the old
> > server
> >> can not send mail to users on the new server. They are both in the same
> >> domain. I have check the relay restrinctions and nothing pops out at
me.
> >> users get an error that says:
> >>
> >> Relaying denied. Proper authentication required
> >>

> >> TIA

0
sconkey (3059)
11/17/2005 6:17:03 PM
sorry I am still learnig, but in the ESM  do I look under smtp virtual
server for these routing groups?  if so there is nothing there.

Thank you

> what version Outlook?  2003?  in the ESM, do you just have one
> Administrative Group and/or one Routing Group showing?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry I am new to exchange, how would I tell?
>>
>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > these servers are in the same routing group?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
>> >

>> > "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> work
>> > server
> me.

0
jsawyer (28)
11/17/2005 6:28:12 PM
Routing groups should show up under your Administrative Groups...

--

> sorry I am still learnig, but in the ESM  do I look under smtp virtual
> server for these routing groups?  if so there is nothing there.
>
> Thank you
>
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> > what version Outlook?  2003?  in the ESM, do you just have one
> > Administrative Group and/or one Routing Group showing?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> >> Sorry I am new to exchange, how would I tell?
> >>
> >> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message

> > work
> > me.

0
sconkey (3059)
11/17/2005 7:26:24 PM
Susan, I have only one group and both servers are members.  Is there
anything else I should be looking for?

Josh

> Routing groups should show up under your Administrative Groups...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> sorry I am still learnig, but in the ESM  do I look under smtp virtual
>> server for these routing groups?  if so there is nothing there.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > what version Outlook?  2003?  in the ESM, do you just have one
>> > Administrative Group and/or one Routing Group showing?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
>> >

>> > "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message

>> > work
> old
>> > me.

0
jsawyer (28)
11/18/2005 3:42:35 PM
i would check your relay restrictions on the smtp virtual server on both
servers...sounds like you might have a "deny" specified...?

--

> Susan, I have only one group and both servers are members.  Is there
> anything else I should be looking for?
>
> Josh
>
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Routing groups should show up under your Administrative Groups...
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> >> sorry I am still learnig, but in the ESM  do I look under smtp virtual
> >> server for these routing groups?  if so there is nothing there.
> >>
> >> Thank you
> >>
> >> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message

> > old

0
sconkey (3059)
11/18/2005 5:01:55 PM
whats weired is the new server can send just fine to the old. So I will go
and check this now.

>i would check your relay restrictions on the smtp virtual server on both
> servers...sounds like you might have a "deny" specified...?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Susan, I have only one group and both servers are members.  Is there
>> anything else I should be looking for?
>>
>> Josh
>>
>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > Routing groups should show up under your Administrative Groups...
>> >
>> > --
>> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
>> >

>> > "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message

>> > old
> the

0
jsawyer (28)

OWA 2003 NEW MAIL Popup
Does anyone know how to tweak the settings for this popup? I need it stay on until it is clicked or the email is read. I am assuming that this is a javascript somewher in the echangeweb folder. I have tried to sniff all of the traffic created by owa and eevery two minutes my machine polls the server for new mail. I am not sure through htis traffic how the popup is being generated. Any help/guidance would be appreciated. ...

How to add a new domain to Exchange 2003?
Hey everyone, We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Our email domain is "mycompany.com". We would like to tell Exchange also except email for domain "newdomain.com". How do I add that at the Exchange level? I now about DNS, MX records and all of that. We don't need all of that, we are just running a test. Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Recipient Policy http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Clayton Sutton" <n...

Validation Data & Goto question
Hi Everyone, I tried this on my own, but got a big headache and no result. I have an excel spread sheet with 9 columns and about 3000 rows of just text. One of the columns has vendor names (column F) and their products. So, for one vendor, there may be one or 100 products listed in rows until next vendor starts. On top of this column I have a "validation listbox" with the list of vendors. If I click & drop down the list, I can pick any one of the vendor names. Then I wanted to go to a row containing first occurrence of that vendor's name. Almost like one would be using V...

Outlook 2003 incoming mail server
I posted a message this morning asking for help. Harvey Yancey [MSFT] responded, but then I replied and never heard from anyone again. I tried emailing Mr Yancey, but the address harveyy@online.microsoft.com is no good. Please, someone, read this and help me! The initial message is on the bottom. >-----Original Message----- >Hi Tanya, > >What is the complete error message that you are receiving? > >Regards, > >Harvey Yancey [MSFT] >Exchange Client/Server Infrastructure >harveyy@online.microsoft.com > >This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

CPU spikes on sql server
We have noticed most of the same performance issues that are reported around here, but in trying to research a few of these I noticed the following strange behavior. Every 10 minutes a sql agent runs a process for "stored procedure priming". When this runs, the cpu on the server pegs at 100% for about 30 seconds. then back to 0% or so until the next firing This is a almost brand new install and only 1 or 2 users hit it. We have only begun to put data into it, so there isn't very much. Seems odd to me that a frequently scheduled process would hit things that hard that ...

Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable to create dest msg
I have a user receiving this error message. Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable=20 to create dest msg Outlook 2002. Theare are no rules configured.=20 Any Idea? tks, Alisson S. Ara=FAjo ...

New Mac convert
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Excel on my old PC the command Alt + return would force a hard return within a cell in order to enter multiple lines within one cell. How can I do this with Excel for Mac? On 09/05/2010 05:07, Axeman@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel In Excel on my old PC the command Alt + return would force a hard > return within a cell in order to enter multiple lines within one cell. > How can I do this with Excel for Mac? Hi, t...

backup ISP with one exchange server
we have one exchange 2003 server and we use a External ISP T1 connection and the ISP DNS which has the MX record. 10 email.domain.org (First ISP IP address for the email server) 20 email2.domain.org (second ISP IP address for the email server) We have a backup ISP connection that stays idle. when we switch over to the backup ISP connection (because the first is down) we cannot get the incoming email in. Outgoing works fine. How can we get the incoming email to route to the one exchange server with either ISP? On 18 Jan 2007 18:06:16 -0800, "zakmanx" <lskw360@sbcglobal.net&g...

Exchange Front End Server Question
We currently are running SBS 2003 and Enterprise Exchange. Our SBS box is acting as our front end server. We are moving away from SBS and I will be moving exchange to it own server. Any ideas the amount of power a front end server will require? I would think that since it is only handling http requests, the box does not need to be that powerful We have about 35 users with expected growth over the next 3 years to 80 users. Thanks, Mike 3 years? Who knows, in 3 years you might get a 64bit 16GB RAM 12GHz processor machine for $19.95 to run Exchange <insert new marketing name&...

Access 2007 Report Question
We have an a main equipment table that shows multiple pieces if equipment and current location. Is there an easy way to create a summary report which shows the current total for a specific item at a specific location? If you set up a grouping report. It may be necessary to create a grouping/totals query first on the table and use that query to create your report. The report wizard should give you a way to summarize the information with a count. "Rex Mundi" <jimb424@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5b1f06b3-dec5-4bb6-a539-59886fc7f140@v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >...

Questions to exmerge 6.5.7408.1 (newest version)
- What is the maximum size of a PST file that exmerge can export to? (the ~1.8GB limit from Outlook 2002 and previos?) - We need exmerge for archiving the Excahnge Journaling Mailbox and will use the dataimportmethod=3 option in the ini file, which should export the mailbox into a pst and the delete the content of the mailbox. What will happen with messages that arrive in the mailbox during the exmerge export? Is exmerge smart enough to leave these messages in the Mailbox or does exmerge delete all messages in the mailbox after the export? Thanks in advance for any help! Franz Exmerge as...

Date calculation question
I have a submission date (reg date field) & an expected due date (using Workday to calculate 3 workdays from submission date, minus holidays). I would like to change the due date so if the document is submitted after 3:00pm, an extra day is added. How would I do this? Thanks, JoAnn If you include the time in the submission date, one way: A1: 27 February 2008 3:30 pm B1: =WORKDAY(A1,3+(MOD(A1,1)>15/24), holidays) assuming no holidays, this will return 4 March 2008 another, simpler, way: B1: =WORKDAY(A1+8.99999/24,3) In article <C26E5809-869A-4732-A977-CD...

Money 2004 Bills and Deposits Question
After submitting a transaction via the Bills and Deposits screen, Money places focus on the next instance of the transaction (i.e., for a recurring transaction). Is there anyway to prevent this? I would prefer that focus be placed on the next transaction in the list. No, there doesn't appear to be a way to fix that. I suggest reporting it to MS via the MSWish site. Or reporting it as a bug at their support site. -- Semper Fi Kevin Campbell "With freedom goes responsibility. Sir Winston Churchill once said you can have 10,000 regulations and still not have respect for the...

Cant open saved files in Publisher Beta2 new version. Any advise
I have tried to open several save files in the new version of Publisher Beta 2, but alas it seems impossible. When clicking on recent files they can't find them and I have to browse for them, but when I find them I get the message cant open the file (s). Somebody having a good advise? Have you installed the beta refresh? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=B07A3387-01CF-4BC3-821A-0BB10E7A59FA&displayLang=en&oRef=blockedReferrer There are a number of fixes in the refresh. I cannot duplicate your error, Publisher 2007 opens all my files. Do you have Norton...

outlook 2002 on xp pro: default format style for new emails
Whenever I start a new email in Outlook, the format style is set to Paragraph, not Normal as with most, if not all, other computers. Actually a user is patched through CITRIX, piped into the citrix server, using his session's Outlook. Don't let that throw you; I'd like at least to know if there's a way to change the default. Thank you! ...

New Outlook Express Messages
For some reason, new messages are no longer highlighted in the InBox, and there is no longer a 'new mail count', ie 4 new messages should show [4] next to InBox. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplo...

Upgrading 2003 SBS to 2008R2 server Migrate?
I currently am running 2003SBS and want to migrate all users to a 2008R2 Enterprise server. I am running exchange. I read somewhere, these are built in tools? How would I migrate all AD users and exchange mailboxes to the server? I've used the swing method in the past from going to 2000 to 2003. Should I do the same or is there now built in tools making it easier? -- sentinelace Hello sentinelace, I suggest to use one of the SBS newsgroups/forums, there you will find the SBS experts: http://www.sbs2008.com/ Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting ...

Trigger question 03-15-10
CREATE TABLE tblA ( Symbol varchar(50) NOT NULL, APIFormat varchar(50) NULL, DataFormat varchar(50) NULL ) I would like to do the following: If a new row is added or APIFormat is edited, and DataFormat is NULL, I would like to set DataFormat like this: If RIGHT(APIFORMAT,1) = '#', then SET DataFormat = LEFT(APIFORMAT,LEN(APIFORMAT)-1) + '0' If right(apiformat,1) <> '#', then SET DataFormat = APIFORMAT Can I create a trigger to do the above ? Thank you On Mar 15, 10:09=A0am, "fniles"...

Downloading messages from Server to Outlook Express 6 on Windows 98 error
I use Outlook Express 6 on my desktop at home running Windows 98. MSN is my ISP. Qwest spun off this service in 2001, and I installed dial-up access from an MSN CD ... pre-MSN 8. Several months ago I downloaded MSN 8 onto my laptop to contiue to check email while I was traveling and away from my desktop. That changed my entire email retrieval setup, but I can appreciate the value of server- based email. I still like to download messages to my desktop and I set up an account in Outlook to download server-based email that worked fine for several months. I just got back after a mo...

Dynamic Chart Question #3
Hi All, I'm trying to set up line charts for more than 40 different production locations. But I would like to give the user the option of selecting one or two (at most) locations then have Excel display the corresponding chart/s instead of creating 40+ charts. Each location will have its own data table (pounds/dollars). How do I go about doing this task? Thanks. -- when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change. Hi, For information on dynamic charts and controlling which series are displayed have a look at Jon's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dy...

new account
how do i work this thing? Each mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to=20 set up an email program so that it works with their mail servers. I see you posted with a Gmail address, If that is the account you want = to set up in Windows Mail, follow these instructions: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=3D86383 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Brandey" <sexycarolina79@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:%238l8c5VyKHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > how d...

Exchange 2007 Security Question
Hi all, How can you specify specific incoming email server connections? I have google postini as our anti-spam solution - I want my exchange server to ONLY accept connections from the postini servers that I specify by either IP address or DNS name. Where would that setting be changed? Cheers -Rik Set-ReceiveConnector with the -RemoteIPRanges parameter. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Rik N" <rommiefan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns9D1581AB8D590rommiefanhotmailcom@207.46....

Add New User but no Mailbox created
To anyone be able to assist, We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the Domain as the new user. My problems are that:- 1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The new user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:- "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." also 2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I check the &quo...

new message window (Microsoft Word) opens 1/2 way!
When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. There have been a few times that the window will open up all the way but not sure if there is either a regestry setting or local setting that would control this feature??? Thanks! On hands and knees, Paul crawls to SilverRaven and begs: >When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the >window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. >There have been a few times that the window will open up >all the way but not sure if there is either a re...

Microsoft
Support plan states that "Managed User" will receive an answer from Microsoft within 48 hours if a community user does not answer, but that does not appear to be happening. Please comment. When did you post your query to this newsgroup / and what is the title? Regards James "Lisa Rivers" <LisaRivers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E13EE281-E188-4721-8CC9-D51AD25F27C0@microsoft.com... > Support plan states that "Managed User" will receive an answer from > Microsoft > within 48 hours if a community user does not answer, bu...