new server old e-mails

I replace my Exch2K server with SBS 2003 Server. I wanted a new network so
our local domain was changed but our e-mail domain remained the same.  Do the
setup of Exchange in SBS 2003, I incorrectly incorrect typed that our domian
is mydomain123.com while in should've been mydomain.com.  I make the change
and is now able to send and receive e-mail for mydomain.com.

I used exmerge to migrate the mailboxes.  the problem i am having is when
users attempt to reply to old e-mails from other users, e-mail would bounce
back as undeliverable.  The full name of the recepient shows on the To field
but the property does not show anything except the display name (using
Outlook) and e-mail address (using OWA) shows somthing like this, /O=MY ART
MUSEUM/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=UserName

I attempted to edit the X400 address for a user to have the same as above
but no luck.

Is there a way to fix my problem so I can reply to old e-mail address from
the old server/domain or am I stuck?

Thanks,

0
SteveLouie (25)

Bhalchandra is correct.

When Exchange replies it uses the LegacyExchangeDN and not the SMTP address
of the user/recipient.

Because you now have a new AD those LegacyExchangeDN attributes now no
longer exist.

Creating a custom address on each user with their old LegacyExchangeDN will
rectify this issue.

Oliver

"Steve Louie" <SteveLouie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I replace my Exch2K server with SBS 2003 Server. I wanted a new network so
> our local domain was changed but our e-mail domain remained the same.  Do
> the
> setup of Exchange in SBS 2003, I incorrectly incorrect typed that our
> domian
> is mydomain123.com while in should've been mydomain.com.  I make the
> change
> and is now able to send and receive e-mail for mydomain.com.
>
> I used exmerge to migrate the mailboxes.  the problem i am having is when
> users attempt to reply to old e-mails from other users, e-mail would
> bounce
> back as undeliverable.  The full name of the recepient shows on the To
> field
> but the property does not show anything except the display name (using
> Outlook) and e-mail address (using OWA) shows somthing like this, /O=MY
> ART
> MUSEUM/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=UserName
>
> I attempted to edit the X400 address for a user to have the same as above
> but no luck.
>
> Is there a way to fix my problem so I can reply to old e-mail address from
> the old server/domain or am I stuck?
>
> Thanks,

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
12/5/2006 2:24:30 PM
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:24:30 -0000, "Oliver Moazzezi"
<o.moazzeziNO@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote:

>Bhalchandra is correct.
>
>When Exchange replies it uses the LegacyExchangeDN and not the SMTP address
>of the user/recipient.

Thats really an Outlook thing.

>Because you now have a new AD those LegacyExchangeDN attributes now no
>longer exist.
>
>Creating a custom address on each user with their old LegacyExchangeDN will
>rectify this issue.

A Custom x500 address that is.
admodify is perfect for this task.

>Oliver
>

>"Steve Louie" <SteveLouie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I replace my Exch2K server with SBS 2003 Server. I wanted a new network so
>> our local domain was changed but our e-mail domain remained the same.  Do
>> the
>> setup of Exchange in SBS 2003, I incorrectly incorrect typed that our
>> domian
>> is mydomain123.com while in should've been mydomain.com.  I make the
>> change
>> and is now able to send and receive e-mail for mydomain.com.
>>
>> I used exmerge to migrate the mailboxes.  the problem i am having is when
>> users attempt to reply to old e-mails from other users, e-mail would
>> bounce
>> back as undeliverable.  The full name of the recepient shows on the To
>> field
>> but the property does not show anything except the display name (using
>> Outlook) and e-mail address (using OWA) shows somthing like this, /O=MY
>> ART
>> MUSEUM/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=UserName
>>
>> I attempted to edit the X400 address for a user to have the same as above
>> but no luck.
>>
>> Is there a way to fix my problem so I can reply to old e-mail address from
>> the old server/domain or am I stuck?
>>
>> Thanks,

0
adavid (8731)
12/5/2006 2:31:27 PM
That worked, thanks for all your help!

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:24:30 -0000, "Oliver Moazzezi"
> <o.moazzeziNO@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Bhalchandra is correct.
> >
> >When Exchange replies it uses the LegacyExchangeDN and not the SMTP address
> >of the user/recipient.
>
> Thats really an Outlook thing.
>

> >Because you now have a new AD those LegacyExchangeDN attributes now no
> >longer exist.
> >
> >Creating a custom address on each user with their old LegacyExchangeDN will
> >rectify this issue.
>
> A Custom x500 address that is.
> admodify is perfect for this task.
>

> >Oliver
> >

> >"Steve Louie" <SteveLouie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I replace my Exch2K server with SBS 2003 Server. I wanted a new network so
> >> our local domain was changed but our e-mail domain remained the same.  Do
> >> the
> >> setup of Exchange in SBS 2003, I incorrectly incorrect typed that our
> >> domian
> >> is mydomain123.com while in should've been mydomain.com.  I make the
> >> change
> >> and is now able to send and receive e-mail for mydomain.com.
> >>
> >> I used exmerge to migrate the mailboxes.  the problem i am having is when
> >> users attempt to reply to old e-mails from other users, e-mail would
> >> bounce
> >> back as undeliverable.  The full name of the recepient shows on the To
> >> field
> >> but the property does not show anything except the display name (using
> >> Outlook) and e-mail address (using OWA) shows somthing like this, /O=MY
> >> ART
> >> MUSEUM/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=UserName
> >>
> >> I attempted to edit the X400 address for a user to have the same as above
> >> but no luck.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to fix my problem so I can reply to old e-mail address from
> >> the old server/domain or am I stuck?
> >>
> >> Thanks,

0
SteveLouie (25)

Export WLM from old PC to new PC
I am unable to export my WLM emails from my old XP computer to my new Win7 computer using Windows Easy Transfer. My contacts & favorites moved fine. Any suggestions? Use WLM's built in File/Export/Messages option on the XP unit, save to blank folder on a portable drive(external or flash), then Import on the Win7 machine. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "bairies" <bairies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27CA8EF0-3EC5-4D2A-ACFE-AEB24F6E5B4F@microsoft.com... > I am unable to export my WLM emails from my old XP computer to my new Win7...

Excel and Windows Live Mail
Hi all I update my Mail add-in and VBA code examples to avoid the error if you use Windows Live Mail as your default mail program. More information in the blog post : http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2010/04/25/windows-live-mail-wlm-and-excel-problem-part-two/ If you have problems let me know so I can update the code/add-in if needed Thanks -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

ODBC server changed
Hi I have some Excel 97 files that used to pull in data from a Unix box using an ODBC driver (U/SQL from Transoft). We have upgraded to a new server which has a different IP address and now the embedded queries have stopped working. Is there any way to change the data source in the Excel 97 file? I noticed by opening the file with a text editor that the old IP address is buried in there but I can't change it as it corrupts the file. The query was created with Data > Get External Data > Create New Query. It has not been saved as a separate MS Query file. If I do manage to edi...

Exporting Junk E-mail Senders
Here's a funky question that I can't figure out the solution. Is there a way to export junk and adult content e-mail senders so that I can keep Outlook filtering the same addresses both at home and at the office? Thanks. ...

XEXCH50 issue with smtp mail incoming from an external MS server
Hi, I received a complaint that an external contact could not send mail to our exchange 5.5 SP 4 mail server, but had no problem sending to our non-MS mail servers. I have applied the patch from MS03-046, to prevent denial of service hacks with XEXCH50. When I examined the logs I found multiple entries like... The event log shows an entry MSExchangeIMC, SMTP Interface Events, ID 4153 x.x.x.x attempted to submit without using authentication. The submission was not allowed. and the SMTP log shows 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : A connection was accepted from x.x.x.x. 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : <<&l...

user doesn't get internet mail
hi, i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. he can get from inside and send with no problem. thank you ron On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:19:04 -0800, "iz" <iz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, >i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. >he can get from inside and send with no problem. >thank you >ron Has he actually got an smtp address on his mailbox properties? Internal mail in 5.5 doesn't use the smtp ...

No New Fonts
Hi, I have a small spreadsheet with very simple data. I have not made any changes to any fonts, but as soon as I try to create a chart from the data, I get a message saying "No New Font Can Be Added". Any idea what might cause this? I'm getting this on Excel 97 and 2002. Thanks Vyyk Turning off the Auto Scale, as described in the following MSKB article, may help: XL97: "Not Enough Memory" Error When You Add Chart to Workbook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=168650 Vyyk Drago wrote: > I have a small spreadsheet with very simple data. ...

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

Portfolio Server
I am an admin on the entire account and it will not allow me to do so. ...

New users not working or in address book
We just loaded up a new exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 domain. Everything seemed to be working fine: All our users have email accounts and email was sending correctly. That's when we found out 1 user could not log in. He had no email addresses in his account settings, so I added them manually. Now he can log in but is not in the addressbook. All new accounts created are not going into the address book. In the eventvwr, I am receiving 8270 errors and 8315 errors. The checkbox for allowing rights to propogate are all checked. Thanks in advance, Chris See...

Opportunity>Quote 'Mail Merge' Issue
Dear Forum Members: When I add three 'different' products (Product A, Product B, Product C) to an Opportunity and then try to Produce a Quote in Word (Mail Merge), I get the 'same' product 3 times (Product A, Product A, Product A). I think there may be an issue with the database fields I have placed in my XML template. Please help! Thanks, I see the problem, yet I still need advice on how to repair the Quote in Word. The Mail Merge is creating 3 Quotes for 3 Recipients. For example, Quote #1 has has Product A three times, Quote # 2 has Product B three times, Quote # ...

Exchange outbound mail
Hi Exchange Users, i'm new to exchange and wondering if you can help. MS Exchange is working fine but there is a minor thing with the outgoing side if things. Can i configure Exchange to sent mail to my Domain Providers SMTP Server ? (belive you can since it could be done in Exchange Server 5.5) I use POP Beamer to download from my Domain Providers POP3 server and forwards to the Exchange Server. specify your Domain Provider's SMTP server as a smart host "Steven Jones" <steven45@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:Xns9595AB1002D8Csteven45ntlworldcom@194.168.222...

Outlook changes mail settings
I have two questions. 1. Every time I reboot my computer I have to go to outlook and change the settings (the username and the pop server). Is there a solution for this? 2. I am getting about 20 email that say they are from microsoft and they contain viruses I do not open then and I do not have any viruses on my computer, I have scanned about 20 times and have not found anything. I have also followed the steps from my antivirues software on removing the SWEN_A virus and there is nothing there. Is there away to get these email to stop other then changing email? (I love my email address)...

My IMAP Inbox is showing in calendars, not in the mail folder
Help. This is driving me mad. When I click on the IMAP master folder in the mail view I don't see my inbox. It's in the calendar view and I want to move it back. any help gratefully received. Adam ...

WSS Email notification is not sending the e-mails
The email notification is set on for my lists. This should send an e-mail whenever the owner is assigned, but we get no e-mails. We're using an "Assigned to" field, thinking this is the owner. Is this correct or do I need something else? Thanks ...

Download a new addressbook to server
The head of our business wants to take an entire addressbook and make it public for all users attached to the Exchange2003 server. How do I go about taking an entire users's addressbook and integrating it into the server so that it becomes a public addressbook? Will it show up in that "Addressbook Drop-Down List"in Outlook2003 so it's easier for the users to find? (I don't want to have to go to each computer and add a shared contact list) Will I be able to make contact categories? (ie: engineering, administration, finance) Once this is downloaded to the server wi...

blocking mail
Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to >have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >. >Yes, Create folder called "Accepted Email" then using Message Rules, set it so that any email that is "From" (choose everyone in your address book) goes into the "Accepted Email" folder. Then check In Box to see if anyone you know might have new email address. In reverse you could choose to have ...

Windows Mail
Some files cannot be sent out even though I have timer sent for outgoing mail at five minutes. The outing blue bar moves real slow and when it gets about three quarters for finishing it stops and says server stopped working. What is the size of this file? Please post the error message verbatim. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Walter Chimack" <WalterChimack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7248DDC-9599-47AD-8447-482203F6C2D7@microsoft.com... > Some files cannot be sent out even though I have timer...

2 gigabytes of mail on my personal home computer
i receive about 100 pcs of mail a day on my personal computer at home. todate after three years, i have about 2gb and my computer is beginning to run slowly under outlook. what should i do? will archiving reduce my .pst file? how can i make my 2003 outlook run faster. On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:41:02 -0800, "Paul Sandoval" <Paul Sandoval@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i receive about 100 pcs of mail a day on my personal computer at home. todate >after three years, i have about 2gb and my computer is beginning to run >slowly under outlook. what should i do? Wel...

New Loan Website
Hi All, the new loans website has been uploaded to www.loans-website.com thanks Louis ...

Import New Reports in to CRM 3.0
I have created several reports in Visual Studio. Is there a way to 'import' them into CRM so that all users can use them? Also is there a way to have these reports run on a schedule? thanks! Christian ...

email accounts logon incoming server
I recently moved my company website to a new provider (server). After satisfactorily migrating the website I attempted to update the email account details in outlook 2002, so our company email accounts would receive from the new mail server. On my own PC running XP, I changed all details but when using 'test account settings' I get an error on 'logon to incoming server'. I know the settings are correct as I have set up the same details on another PC also running XP and using Outlook 2002, and the settings work and test OK. Every time my computer does an automatic send...

Address space sharing.....reply to non-authoritive server??
Hi I have been following the KB321721 and have completed it and mail does flow in through the new org, and pass it on to the old org which is the authoritive one for the domain. My question is....How do you send mail to or reply to mail from the old org to the new? As it is authoritive....it will NDR straight away saying doesn't exist???? Help would be appreciated!! David I don't believe you can send mail from the old org to the new. You could create a sub-domain and populate the GAL with contacts from the new org of course this won't take care of the reply issue. Can you ...

viewing e-mails
I just updated my outlook express to version 6.0 and when I open my e-mails I get a small window. I opened an e- mail, expanded the window and closed the window. I then exited from outlook express and tried it again. The window is still small, what can I do about it< Earlene wrote: > I just updated my outlook express to version 6.0 and when > I open my e-mails I get a small window. I opened an e- > mail, expanded the window and closed the window. I then > exited from outlook express and tried it again. The > window is still small, what can I do about it< You c...

Re installing E/S 5.5 on a new NT4 PDC from an Existing PDC
Hi, I have a Exchange Server 5.5 installed in a win NT4 PDC and do not have a BDC. When I tried to upgrade the OS of PDC from NT4 to Server 2000 it gave several problems & couldn't complete it. Now I have installed a fresh copy of NT4 as a PDC (with the same DOMAIN and the same MACHINE name ) in a new machine and also the Exchange Server 5.5 in it and created all the user accounts as same. Can I copy the Ex.server data files to the new machine(PDC) from the existing (PDC) If possible Pl. give me the guidelines/data files,folders to be copied Anura ...