New OWA Accounts and Passwords

In our organization several users share the same computer system throughout
the day and night. The systems are running more of a terminal application
and cannot be logged in and out of frequently. They all use a common network
logon. For these reasons OWA would be ideal for their e-mail needs. I have
set up individual accounts for all users and created individual Exchange
mailboxes as well. I have also ensured that the accounts are initialized by
sending an e-mail to them. The problem is that the users cannot log onto OWA
without first logging onto the network at least once. Is there any way to
avoid this problem and allow the users to simply use OWA without ever having
to authenticate once to the domain? Thanks in advance...

P.S. We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

0
Raymond

Raymond-

It should work out of the box with a new AD account. I'm guessing the issue
is likely that the users are required to change their password at first
logon. If you alleviate this issue somehow, then you should be set.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
> In our organization several users share the same computer system
throughout
> the day and night. The systems are running more of a terminal application
> and cannot be logged in and out of frequently. They all use a common
network
> logon. For these reasons OWA would be ideal for their e-mail needs. I have
> set up individual accounts for all users and created individual Exchange
> mailboxes as well. I have also ensured that the accounts are initialized
by
> sending an e-mail to them. The problem is that the users cannot log onto
OWA
> without first logging onto the network at least once. Is there any way to
> avoid this problem and allow the users to simply use OWA without ever
having
> to authenticate once to the domain? Thanks in advance...
>

> P.S. We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

0
desmondb (156)
11/22/2004 11:38:57 PM
I'll remove the password change requirement and give it a try. When the
users passwords are reaching expiration will they be warned when logging
onto OWA to change their passwords before being locked out?

"Brian Desmond [MVP]" <desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us> wrote in message
> Raymond-
>
> It should work out of the box with a new AD account. I'm guessing the
> issue
> is likely that the users are required to change their password at first
> logon. If you alleviate this issue somehow, then you should be set.

> Brian Desmond
> Windows Server MVP
> desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us
>
> Http://www.briandesmond.com
>

> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
>> In our organization several users share the same computer system
> throughout
>> the day and night. The systems are running more of a terminal application
>> and cannot be logged in and out of frequently. They all use a common
> network
>> logon. For these reasons OWA would be ideal for their e-mail needs. I
>> have
>> set up individual accounts for all users and created individual Exchange
>> mailboxes as well. I have also ensured that the accounts are initialized
> by
>> sending an e-mail to them. The problem is that the users cannot log onto
> OWA
>> without first logging onto the network at least once. Is there any way to
>> avoid this problem and allow the users to simply use OWA without ever
> having
>> to authenticate once to the domain? Thanks in advance...
>>

>> P.S. We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

0
Raymond
11/23/2004 3:27:04 AM
No. Disable password expiry for these users.

> I'll remove the password change requirement and give it a try. When the
> users passwords are reaching expiration will they be warned when logging
> onto OWA to change their passwords before being locked out?
>
> "Brian Desmond [MVP]" <desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us> wrote in message
> > Raymond-
> >
> > It should work out of the box with a new AD account. I'm guessing the
> > issue
> > is likely that the users are required to change their password at first
> > logon. If you alleviate this issue somehow, then you should be set.
> >
> > --
> > --
> > Brian Desmond
> > Windows Server MVP
> > desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us
> >
> > Http://www.briandesmond.com
> >

> > "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
> >> In our organization several users share the same computer system
> > throughout
> >> the day and night. The systems are running more of a terminal
application
> >> and cannot be logged in and out of frequently. They all use a common
> > network
> >> logon. For these reasons OWA would be ideal for their e-mail needs. I
> >> have
> >> set up individual accounts for all users and created individual
Exchange
> >> mailboxes as well. I have also ensured that the accounts are
initialized
> > by
> >> sending an e-mail to them. The problem is that the users cannot log
onto
> > OWA
> >> without first logging onto the network at least once. Is there any way
> >> avoid this problem and allow the users to simply use OWA without ever
> > having
> >> to authenticate once to the domain? Thanks in advance...
> >>

> >> P.S. We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

0
desmondb (156)
11/23/2004 5:10:28 AM
This took care of this problem, but now there is another issue...When
changing ones password through OWA do the requirements adhere to your
password policy of the domain, or some other policy? Our users are having
difficulties changing there passwords in OWA, but if they log onto the
domain, no problems. Any ideas?

> No. Disable password expiry for these users.

> Brian Desmond
> Windows Server MVP
> desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us
>
> Http://www.briandesmond.com
>

> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
>> I'll remove the password change requirement and give it a try. When the
>> users passwords are reaching expiration will they be warned when logging
>> onto OWA to change their passwords before being locked out?
>>
>> "Brian Desmond [MVP]" <desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us> wrote in message
>> > Raymond-
>> >
>> > It should work out of the box with a new AD account. I'm guessing the
>> > issue
>> > is likely that the users are required to change their password at first
>> > logon. If you alleviate this issue somehow, then you should be set.
>> >
>> > --
>> > --
>> > Brian Desmond
>> > Windows Server MVP
>> > desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us
>> >
>> > Http://www.briandesmond.com
>> >

>> > "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
>> > throughout
> application
>> > network
> Exchange
> initialized
>> > by
> onto
>> > OWA
>> > having

0
Raymond

PowerEdit
Dear all, I would like to let you know I have added another freeware Excel add-in called 'PowerEdit' to my website . Information about this add-in and a download link is available from: http://www.johnmote.com/poweredit.htm Many thanks, John -------- an abstract of the add-in functionality from the website is included below for your convenience -------- Overview of PowerEdit functionality What is PowerEdit? PowerEdit is an add-in for Microsoft Excel that provides additional copy and paste functionality Excel. The additional functionality includes: =B7 Exact formula copies...

concatenat new line
Folks, I am trying to concatenate several fields into a single text typ field. for example Notes: 4/25 This happened 4/26 That happened 4/27 And now this. When concatenated they appear like this: 4/26 This happened 4/26 That happened 4/27 And now this. I want it to look like this... 4/25 This happened 4/26 That happened 4/27 And now this. How? The vbnewline won't work and neither does chr(10 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =a1&char(10)&a2&char(10)&a3 Remember to use format|cells|alignment tab to turn wrap text on. "oafum <" wrote...

Account balance table?
Does anyone know if there is a table in Great Plains that contains the life-to-date balance for balance sheet accounts? I can obtain the debits and credits for balance sheet accounts which gives me the activity for a period, but what I really need is a simple way to pull the life-to-date balances. For example, if I'm in period 5 of 2004, I need to pull all my balance sheet account balances at that point in time. Thanks ...

problem in OWA
I have installed two exchange 2003 on pcs in Front end & back end topology, But whenever i send message through OWA, i get error message " forbidden " from internet explorer, i have checked everything ,& iam able to send mail through otlook ,this is happening to all users please note that I only get "forbidden" message with no error code Please provide solutions, Thanks in advance, Regards, Pritam T Have you by chance used IISLockdown or URLScan tools? pritz wrote: > I have installed two exchange 2003 on pcs in Front end & back end > topology, But when...

Investment account not in transaction list
I'm using Money 2001 and I've created a new investment account. Yet when I try to add a transaction to it, the drop-down list of investment accounts does not include the new one. Yet everywhere else in Money (account list, etc) the new account does appear. What gives? Any ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "AH UK user" <AH UK user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using Money 2001 and I've created a new investment account. Yet when I >try to add a transaction to it, the drop-down list of investment accounts >does not include the new ...

New User has admin rights

starring out passwords in CDialog
Hi, when I set the "Password" mode to "true" on the Edit Control, it stars out the passwords as expected, however it shows as many stars as there are characters in the password. Any automated way to have it star out the entire length of the field? Tx You could write your own derivative of CEdit that filled in * instead of blank for a certain length by overriding OnChar and filling in a number of characters after the real ones in, but it would make it more difficult for users to know if they have typed in the correct number of characters. This article might be intere...

outlook reqeusting user name and password
with in the pass few weeks some of the client machines running Outlook 2002 have started asking for the users name, password and domain. even though the client is logged onto the network already, the client cannot log onto Outlook. repeated attemps with the correct user name and password always fail. the problem started with one machine, then another, then another. Now only two of our 6 client machines can log into Outlook. Any idea? uhm, have their passwords expired? Have you verified the clients are configured to using the appropriate security? "Bob" <bob@data-r...

Set defaults for new folders
When creating a new folder, two features are set as deafults (among others) that I would like to turn off: Reading Pane ON, and Group Messages by Date Received. Where can I customize the defaults for all new folders? Autstin, Sorry to say, but these items cannot be pre-configured or deployed. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "AustinJerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C55712D-328B-4A61-960B-E9D178B9FFC8@microsoft.com... > When creating a new fol...

OWA in SBS2003
Can anybody tell me step by step cofiguration of outlook web access in SBS 2003 & can i add Front End server in SBS 2003 On 1 Oct 2005 11:32:00 -0700, pankuverma@gmail.com wrote: >Can anybody tell me step by step cofiguration of outlook web access in >SBS 2003 >& can i add Front End server in SBS 2003 There are some articles at: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/search.asp?query=OWA#TUT for various levels. Take a look at them and configure appropriately. Using the Form Based Authentication is the preferred solution because it gives a good web page logon rather than a popup ...

Duplicate Payee Names for Credit Card Accounts
My wife and I both have credit cards through Capital One that we pay electronically via MSN Billpay. However, it is very difficult to ensure that I select the correct payee account when entering payments. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=65. "Bill Kendrick" <wg_kendr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:OIEoIHeOEHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My wife and I both have credit cards through Capital One that we pay > electronically via MSN Billpay. However, it is very difficult to ensure that > I select the correct payee account when entering payments. > > ...

Password not working all of a sudden
I've been using Money forever, and I have 2005 version. ALl of a sudden I can't log into money with my passport login. This is happening not just on one account, but two accounts (mine and my girlfriends) I can login offline, and still update accounts, but it won't sign in. I can sign into other passport sites fine. Anyone know if there is something amiss with Money and passport Caps Lock? "Rico Singleton" <mastermind2@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:OupgzUt5FHA.2628@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I've been using Money forever, and I have 2005 ver...

Annotation Import Not Associating with Account or Contact
When I import data into CRM from the cdf database my Accounts, Accounts_ext, and Contacts import correctly, the Annotation (Notes) import but are not associating with the Account or Contact. For the Object ID, I'm using the same Account ID or Contact ID that I use when importing the Accounts and Contacts. I noticed when I go through the Cleanse Data section of the Data Migration Wizard, I'm not prompted to associate the ObjectTypeCodeName Account or Contact....I'm not sure if this is the actual problem or not. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

All Internal Passwords.xls Error 91
As with Nathan below, I ran this code on Office XP (XL) with XP Pro and received the same error. I loaded ONLY allinternalpasswords.xls and ran the Macro. Does another W/S have to be loaded? How does one apply this macro to a specific sheet? As Nathan Gutman & myself found: When trying to run it it gets to line: WinTag = .ProtectStructure Or .ProtectWindows and gives runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. Can someone help to undertand why and how to fix that? Dennis, You should open the workbook whose passwords you want to break. This should be...

New To Pivot Table
I have the following sales data: dept, category, description, Qty sold, sold price, total sale, date sold, cost,profit,prfit margin. the following is an example: beer 12 pks,miller lite, 2, 7.99, 15.98, 7/1/05, 13.98, 2, 14% The 12 pks represents the ctegory, miller lite represents the description, and soforth. I have about 15 different departments, I would like to setup a pivot table to track and compare the data per week, month, quarters and year, for example: total sales, profit, cost, profit margin for the first week on july for each department compared with the same da...

OWA error #3
I have select Users receiving the following error when accessing OWA: HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized The error only occurs on a few Users. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327843 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043e01c42482$46e0c2e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have select Users receiving the following error when > accessing OWA: > HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized > > The error only occurs on a few ...

after native mode switch can't create new mailboxes
We recently switched to Exchange 2003 native mode. Email is working fine in all sites, however when we tried to create our first user post-switch we've found that the mailbox never gets created. Same procedures as before the switch, we run AD Users on the local Exchange server, create the account, specify the server, mailbox store it's part of.... The account gets created and replicated throughout the domain environment, but the email address never gets generated for the user, and the mailbox never gets created on the destination server. We followed all the guidelines for switching ...

show Account when composing email
I am using multiple email accounts. Is there a way to show the Account by default when composing an email? Right now, I have to click the Account button to see which one it's using. A new msg uses the default mail acc, a reply uses the acc it was received on And no, you have to select the sending acc if you want to send from a specific acc "bucky3" <bucky3@mail.com> wrote in message news:c821eef5-de6d-4305-b582-21598f3f756e@o9g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >I am using multiple email accounts. Is there a way to show the Account > by default when composing an email? R...

No inbound email after creating a new recipient policy
Hi there, I had 2 smpt email address setup in the default policy to get the inbound email working initially. Upon researching, I understand that by default the exchange is set to mixed mode which means only default policy is the only policy that exchange applies regardless. I created a new recipient policy to query company field and applied it. I then changed the exchange to Native mode and restarted the information store. I removed the second smtp address from the default policy. Now i could not receive any emails for the secondary domain via SBS mail connector pop. It picks u...

how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new.
how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new spreadsheet Create a new workbook Change the Normal style (Format>Styles from the menu) to reflect your preferred number format. You can also change font style and size if your prefer. Save the workbook as a template - choosing File>Save As and select Template under the 'Save As Type' dropdown at the bottom, saving it with the name BOOK.XLT in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\ If you have an older or newer version, you may not see the Office10 subdirectory, so adjust as appr...

I bought a new PC. Can I use my old PC Product key to activate?
My new PC comes with 6 month trial Office 2007. Can I simple activate my licence from the old PC by inputting my PRoduct key during activation? How did you come by the software on the old PC? If it is an OEM version that came installed on the PC, then it is only licenced to be used on that particular PC. If it was a boxed version that you purchased, you can un-install it from that PC and then install it on the new one. Probably best to remove the trial version first. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to o...

Asset Account Disappeared
I upgraded Money to Money 2005 and now the Asset account that I had setup for my house is not displayed in my account list and is not counted towards my Total Account Balance. If I go to the Loan Account that I have setup for my home loan, there is a link that says "Go to <name of asset account>" and it takes me to the asset account. If I go to the asset account it shows everything correctly and gives me a link to "Go to loan". Is there a way to fix this? ...

OWA Redirect
OWA is working fine in my exchange environment. I have 1 to 1 static nat translation through the firewall to the exchange server private IP. I can access from internal and external without any issues. I have a registered DNS name of wemail.domainx.com. I want to be able to have remote users open an internet browser and simply type the DNS name that points to my exchange server and get the auth prompt. I do not want the users to have to type the "/exchange" after the DNS name. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dave David Here is a link that explains h...

open a new excel window
hello friends, i am using ms access 2003, i have a form. when i click on a button, i should get the new excel window displaying a particular table values(no need to save the tabel in .xls format, just display is enough) so i followed the code below Dim oExcel As Excel.Application Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook Dim oWs As Excel.Worksheet Set oExcel = New Excel.Application Set oWs = Excel.Worksheets.Application.ActiveSheet oExcel.Visible = True Set oWs = oExcel.ActiveSheet after this, i should insert the values in the new displayed excel window and now i am struck here(even i dont know whether th...

Insert > AutoText > New is Greyed Out
Hi, Does anyone know why? I'd like to set up my signature to add to a mail tread. Thanks, Michele ...