New Exchange 2003, outlook looses connection periodicaly

We just migrated Exchange server 2003 to new HP server from old server. All
seems to be working except some clients complain that their outlook goes
offline and online periodically. Upon clicking on "send/Receive" it takes
long time and it gets stuck at 50% , sometime it finishes and sometime it
errors out.
No error in Event Viwer. all seem to be well.
Some messages are in que which we delete.
What gives?
Thank you so much in adavance for help.
arun
0
arunmx (24)

I would start by checking and making sure the NIC has a recent device driver
and that the hub/switch is set to allow the maximum throughput.  Some hubs
and NICs don't auto-negotiate well.
--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"arun mx" <arunmx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We just migrated Exchange server 2003 to new HP server from old server.
> All
> seems to be working except some clients complain that their outlook goes
> offline and online periodically. Upon clicking on "send/Receive" it takes
> long time and it gets stuck at 50% , sometime it finishes and sometime it
> errors out.
> No error in Event Viwer. all seem to be well.
> Some messages are in que which we delete.
> What gives?
> Thank you so much in adavance for help.
> arun

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
7/8/2006 7:30:04 AM
Thanks Jim,
I will try your suggestion. It's a HP Proliant 360 GL with two SATA drive
mirroed with two HP GB NIC card. we are only using one right now.
I ue defualt drive which was laoded by HP install disk.
Thanks again.
arun

"Jim McBee (MVP - Exchange)" wrote:

> I would start by checking and making sure the NIC has a recent device driver
> and that the hub/switch is set to allow the maximum throughput.  Some hubs
> and NICs don't auto-negotiate well.
> --
> Jim McBee
> Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
>
> "arun mx" <arunmx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We just migrated Exchange server 2003 to new HP server from old server.
> > All
> > seems to be working except some clients complain that their outlook goes
> > offline and online periodically. Upon clicking on "send/Receive" it takes
> > long time and it gets stuck at 50% , sometime it finishes and sometime it
> > errors out.
> > No error in Event Viwer. all seem to be well.
> > Some messages are in que which we delete.
> > What gives?
> > Thank you so much in adavance for help.
> > arun

0
arunmx (24)

Creating connecting arrows for process flow charts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is it possible to create connecting arrows which snap between process flow chart boxes such that when you drag the boxes afterwards the arrows will stay connected with the boxes? Unfortunately [?] Word got the short end of the stick with the new graphics engine � probably due to time constraints. Apparently it isn't something that can be resolved by an update... At least it hasn't been so far. If the SmartArt Graphics won't provide what you need create your flow chart in either Excel or PowerPoint...

New Implementation

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

New to excel

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

will CRM load on a 2003 server?