new exchange 2003 mail boxes do not show in global address list

Hi there

We are running Exchange 2003 on Win2k SP4 in a Windows 2000 domain. We installed SP1 for Exchange 2003 last week.

After creating a new user account via AD, and creating and Exchange Mail Box, the user does not appear in the global address list.

I get error 9562 in the Exchange App log "Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory for /O=Pongrass Group Operations/OU=PGO/cn=Recipients/cn=username."

When I tried to move the mail box, just for the heck of it, I got an error 1022 "Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (PGOEXCH)" - Windows 2000 account PGO\username; mailbox /O=Pongrass Group Operations/OU=PGO/cn=Recipients/cn=username.
Error: -2147467259"

This has been happening with several users. Right now I have an Exchange server that does not allow me any longer to create new user accounts.

Any suggestions? Or shall I say: HELP !   ???

Many thanks.

Ernst

Ernst,

Check : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q273363

--
Benoit Boudeville [Exchange MVP 2003-2004]

"Ernst" wrote:

> Hi there
>
> We are running Exchange 2003 on Win2k SP4 in a Windows 2000 domain. We installed SP1 for Exchange 2003 last week.
>
> After creating a new user account via AD, and creating and Exchange Mail Box, the user does not appear in the global address list.
>
> I get error 9562 in the Exchange App log "Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory for /O=Pongrass Group Operations/OU=PGO/cn=Recipients/cn=username."
>
> When I tried to move the mail box, just for the heck of it, I got an error 1022 "Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (PGOEXCH)" - Windows 2000 account PGO\username; mailbox /O=Pongrass Group Operations/OU=PGO/cn=Recipients/cn=username.
> Error: -2147467259"
>
> This has been happening with several users. Right now I have an Exchange server that does not allow me any longer to create new user accounts.
>
> Any suggestions? Or shall I say: HELP !   ???
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Ernst

CRM address book in Outlook

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Attaching Contacts to new email

New to excel

"View Image Slide Show"

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003