New e-mail in Public folder

How can i configure my public folder to show new email
notification like in the inbox ,ie   INBOX(3)

0
anonymous (74722)

"shabha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:0cd301c4a17f
$22920550$a301280a@phx.gbl:

> How can i configure my public folder to show new email
> notification like in the inbox ,ie   INBOX(3)

Adding it to favorites should do the trick. Or you can use a mailbox
instead of a public folder.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Shabha
>$22920550$a301280a@phx.gbl:
>
>> How can i configure my public folder to show new email
>> notification like in the inbox ,ie   INBOX(3)
>
>Adding it to favorites should do the trick. Or you can
use a mailbox
>instead of a public folder.
>
>Regards,
>
>--
>Arlo Clizer
>Exchange MVP
>FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
>Archives: http://groups.google.com
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/23/2004 4:08:49 PM
"shabha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Moving it to favorites has done the trick, please let me
>know if there's any other way.I cannot creat a new
>mailbox as it would require an additional license.

Mailboxes aren't licensed. Devices that connect to Exchange and the AD
are licensed.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Junk Mail in Outlook 2003
Is there not an option to have the Junk Mail folder emptied when you close Outlook 2003 on my Win XP Pro PC? No, you will have to manually empty it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Ivan Williams <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Is there not an option to have the Junk Mail folder | emptied when you close Outlook 2003 on my Win XP Pro PC? ...

transferring contacts and folders from Outlook
Hello I am new to Windows mail. How do I move contacts and folders across - 'Help' has been of no help. Thanks Ric If you really mean Outlook (not Outlook Express): Outlook stores messages in a .pst file. Windows Mail cannot import from a ..pst file unless Outlook is installed on the Vista computer. 1. Install Outlook on your new computer Copy the .pst file to the new computer Open the .pst file with Outlook. In Windows Mail, File - Import - Messages - Microsoft Outlook For contacts: Open Outlook. File - Import and Export... - Export to a file - Comma Separate...

Windows Explorer folders open "very slowly"
Hello NG I'm sorry for this off-topic article, but I think this group has a lot of experts even in this field. After visiting "hacker" sites my computer behaves very bad. If I doubleclick a folder on the desktop it takes 10 seconds to respond. The system tries to do something via internet meanwhile, because if I uplug the network cable, the folders open immediately. It must be some virus which has altered some settings and did other bad things to my system. Has anyone experience with this kind of symptoms? Thanx Richie Stop visiting "hacker" sites. :) AliR. "...

Extracting data to make mailing list
My neighbour has a .PUBS name and address doc. The doc is 10 pages long. Each page of the document is a table with 10 rows and 3 columns. Each cell is name on top the line followed by 2 or 3 lines of address. She then just cuts the full sheet Avery into mailing labels. This has become too difficult to manage, sort, filter, etc. Anyone have a suggestion how to extract this data so I can make a Publisher mailing list? Thanks. -- Ross try bringing it into Excel...you'll some "massaging" to do. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Ross"...

Help: I typed a message in Windows mail, saved it and can't find it!!!
Does anyone know how to find a message that was saved. After typing an important business email, I chose save & exit and then tried to retrieve the message. I can't find it. Any suggestions? ...

Registry Vista Mail Rules
Can anyone tell me where in the Registry can I find values that affect Windows Mail Values and behavior and rules? I need this information in connection with my problem with Windows Mail rules which used to allow me to "delete it from server" of mails but right now is not working for me. I was successful in using "delete it from server" to prevent defined mails from ever being downloaded to my computer for years now. Then the last few months it does not work anymore. Other suggestions have not worked. -- rbernal "rbernal" <guest@unknown-em...

How to stop e-mail address from becoming a link?
Whenever i add an e-mail address to a doc, it is underlined, turns blue and becomes a link. How can I avoid this? If you never want the automatic conversion, clear the "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" option on the AutoFormat As You Type tab of the AutoCorrect dialog box. On the other hand, if you occasionally want to suppress the conversion, Undo immediately after Word has created the link. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Joseph S. Bonin" <Joseph S. Bonin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

External access to New Message Count?
I am trying to tie my outlook into the houses home automation system I am ruining outlook 2007. The home automation system is running on ANOTHER computer on our trusted network. What I would like to do is POLL my computer for the number of NEW messages in outlook. If outlook was NOT running, I would poll the POP3 server, but it would return the raw count, spam and all, which routinely run in the hundreds. I leave outlook running so that it gathers my email from several servers, de-spams it, and sorts it into several folders. I would like to just get the TOTAL via a external qwery if...

Problem Inserting new Column in DataGridView control
I have a DataGridView control on a form. The columns are pre-defined in design mode. I now need to insert a new column in the middle of the existing columns. I click on the right arrow in the upper right area of the control in design mode and the DatawGridView Tasks sub-window opens. I click on Edit Columns, add the new column, position it and click on OK. ALL COLUMNS DISAPPEAR!!! I undid the changes to recover the original form from source control and tried it a different way. I clicked on Add Column and added the column. But since a new column added in this manner is added to the ...

Cannot save folders
When I create a new folder I cannot save it to the Shortcut Bar. I get the following message: **Outlook could not save the updated folder shortcut information. Check to make sure there is sufficient disk space and that the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Jack\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook" is not marked read-only. Another attempt to save will be made after the next change or when you exit. You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.** The above mentioned folder IS marked read-only but each time I change it, it reverts back to read-only. I am signed ...

Restore Deleted Outlook XP folder
Can I restore a deleted outlook folder? It's possible if you simply deleted it and haven't compacted the file. For info on this please contact me directly. I run a small outfit that provides recovery services for situations like yours. Kevin Sidell outlook@sidell.net www.sidell.net/outlook "Wanda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052501c39e96$50abdf70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can I restore a deleted outlook folder? ...

Private Folder problems on Exchange 2000
Can anyone help with this strange behaviour of Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 server, clients using Outlook 2000. System boots and Exchange Server runs but on two users (UserA, UserB) on opening Outlook the Outlook Today folder is not expanded and if clicked to expand an error message UNABLE TO EXPAND THE FOLDER APPEARS. Both users can see full information if Web Access is used. In UserB's case he cannot open his list at all but UserA sees all his folders beginning with the letters A and B. UserA has approx. 300 folders and UserB has approx. 500 Additionally there has been an ongoing p...

Excel 2007
Hello, I'd like to make so that whenever I create a new document in Excel that the "Page Setup" is set to scale of "fits to 1 page wide by 1 page tall". I'm sick of creating a new document and always having to go to Page Setup so that everything prints on one page. Don't you think this should be a default setup for any new documents? Thanks in advance, Dza "dza7" <dvpetta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b2f6bbd5-7137-4b07-ae47-be23dc606ba3@b9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I'd like to make so that whenever I create a...

Patch Folders
Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2 + the latest patches. This is an AD controller. Would it be ok to manually delete the following folders? C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$ (about 990MB) C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ (about 500 MB) C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB******$ (total of 400+ MB, where ****** = KB number) I'd like to gain 2GB of free space on my C volume. The free space on C volume is currently at 800MB. If I delete and purge them, will there be any problem (assuming that I don't want to uninstall patches)? Thanks in advance. Hello John" a, You should keep...

To read the files from a particular folder
Hi, I want to read some file names within a particular folder . How do i do it.Is there any API for that. "lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I want to read some file names within a particular folder . How do i do >it.Is there any API for that. You want to browse through the files in a folder? Look at the CFileFind class (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcmfc98/html/_mfc_Class_Library_Reference_Introduction.asp) -- Tim Slattery MS MVP(DTS) Slattery_T@bls.gov http://members.cox.net/slatteryt ...

New mp3 project need beta testers
You are cordially invited to participate in a revolutionary new mp website launch event. Forget iTunes...Forget eMusic...Forget Napster...http://mp3around.co is here! Please be our beta testers, after registration you'll be permitted t download 5 songs for free If you find any mistakes on our site and let our support know you'l get bonus card for 100 songs Visit: http://mp3around.co -- mp3aroun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mp3around's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3710 View this thread: http://ww...

Mail Merge 04-20-10
I'm receiving a FALSE statement when I try to merge from excel into a word document. An example is--my excel sheet has a cell with value of $1500; however, when merged into Word it appears as FALSE. I do have an IF statement in the excel sheet but don't have and IF..THEN statement in the Word document. I have other IF statements from the excel sheet that are merging into the Word document just fine. Not sure why it's happening for just this one value. Any suggestions? See the reply in the mailmerge.fields group Peter Jamieson http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk On 2...

Missing e-mails #3
I have a serious problem with e-mails. When we send e-mails to a couple of domains and they try to use the 'reply' function in their e-mail systems to reply we do not recieve the mails. I've checked our queues and logs and the mails are not even getting to the queues at the hosts of our domains. Is there anything in outlook that could foul the reply path? Test mails replied to from both Hotmail and Navigator 7.1's e-mail client are coming through fine. Thanks, Ed Handley ...

Get New Color Schemes
I have created a number of new color schemes as I use these a lot. However, I'm getting a bit fed up trying to create schemes that look good. I was wondering, therefore, if anyone knows of anywhere I can "download" color schemes, or at least get the RGB (or whatever) figures to copy other people's schemes. Or even if any of you out there have created nice schemes that I could copy!! (cheeky!) Thanks very much for your help! ...

Saving to a Server Folder
I want to be able to set up a rule whereby I can cc: certain messages to a folder that resides outside of Outlook. I want to cc: the emssage to a folder on our server. You can't do this through the Rule Wizard. Is this at all possible? Thanks! ...

Mail Merge HELP
Hello all, I am trying to create a mail merge. The data is in a csv file and the Word Document is a Template. Here is part of my code 'CREATE WORD DOCUMENTS myTemplatePath = "R:\Application Documents" myTemplateName = myTemplatePath & "\504 CDC Checklist for Submitting loan.dot" '504 CDC Checklist for Submitting loan myDocName = myDocumentPath & "\" & myFolderName & "\504 CDC Checklist for Submitting loan.doc" myDataSource = myDocumentPath & "\" & myFolderName & "\tmp_CheckLists...

comptes yahoo vers windows mail
Bonjour, J'ai deux comptes mail yahoo que je transfère automatiquement vers windows mail sous Vista. Jusqu'à présent aucun problème. Actuellement pour le premier les messages entrent et sortent sans problème. Par contre pour le second, l'ordinateur me demande en permanence de confirmer adresse Email et Mot de passe et ne les valide pas. Je ne peux donc plus accéder à ce compte avec Windows Mail. Avez-vous une explication ou une solution? Merci ...

How can I assign a category for a new contact
The new outlook 2007 does not have a button to assign a Category? how can I assig a category for a recent new contact open? Yes it does. It's the big Categorize button in the Options group on the = "ribbon." --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Outlook 2007" <Outlook 2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Import /Export from Windows Live Mail
A must for any mail programme is that you can import/export your stored mails and Folder structure from your old previous mail programme and7or from a back-up copi when you have had to re-install your computer. Due to propblems with my computer that started in LiveMail I have had to make an emergy export fro LiveMail of all my mails, folder structure and accounts to en external harddisc. That worked fine. But when I re-installed LiveMail from Miscrosofts homepage, then the downloaded version do not have any button for import/export so I cannot get my old e-mails and the storage ...

Can't Delete E-mail message in OE
Why can't I delete messages inside OE? This is the question I asked as am having this problem. This is the good advice I found. That can happen if the Deleted Items folder is damaged. Move al messages you might want to keep out of the Deleted Items folder an into another mail folder you create. Close OE, then delete the fil "Deleted Items.dbx" in your Identity's store folder. OE will create new one when you re-open OE. However, I am having trouble finding the Identity store folder to delete the file "Deleted Items.dbx". Anyone can help me? Sure would be a...