new domain address

This is a very easy question but since I have not done it in a long time, I
forgot how to do it. I am hosting three domains in my Exchange 2003 server.
They are A.com, B.com and C.com. My users have e-mails address for all these
domains. Now, I am adding a new domain (D.com). I forgot how to do it. Can
you help?

Recipient Policy  :-)

Add it.  Make sure that it's checked, apply it, watch all objects get
updated with new domain as well.

Optionally, make said address Primary Reply-to address prior to applying.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This is a very easy question but since I have not done it in a long time,
> forgot how to do it. I am hosting three domains in my Exchange 2003
> server.
> They are A.com, B.com and C.com. My users have e-mails address for all
> these
> domains. Now, I am adding a new domain (D.com). I forgot how to do it. Can
> you help?

0
Ben
6/23/2005 9:05:30 PM
thanks allot

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:%23$RFLdDeFHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Recipient Policy  :-)
>
> Add it.  Make sure that it's checked, apply it, watch all objects get
> updated with new domain as well.
>
> Optionally, make said address Primary Reply-to address prior to applying.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > This is a very easy question but since I have not done it in a long
time,
> > forgot how to do it. I am hosting three domains in my Exchange 2003
> > server.
> > They are A.com, B.com and C.com. My users have e-mails address for all
> > these
> > domains. Now, I am adding a new domain (D.com). I forgot how to do it.
Can
> > you help?

That is nice, but can you add a little more stpe by step info for those that
have not doen this before?  TIA.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Recipient Policy  :-)
>
> Add it.  Make sure that it's checked, apply it, watch all objects get
> updated with new domain as well.
>
> Optionally, make said address Primary Reply-to address prior to applying.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > This is a very easy question but since I have not done it in a long time,
> > forgot how to do it. I am hosting three domains in my Exchange 2003
> > server.
> > They are A.com, B.com and C.com. My users have e-mails address for all
> > these
> > domains. Now, I am adding a new domain (D.com). I forgot how to do it. Can
> > you help?

0
Brian8214 (439)
6/24/2005 5:09:04 PM
Did you even try?

http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article_p.asp?id=60
http://www.petri.co.il/configure_exchange_2000_2003_to_receive_email_for_other_domains.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=319201

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That is nice, but can you add a little more stpe by step info for those
> that
> have not doen this before?  TIA.
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Recipient Policy  :-)
>>
>> Add it.  Make sure that it's checked, apply it, watch all objects get
>> updated with new domain as well.
>>
>> Optionally, make said address Primary Reply-to address prior to applying.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>>

>> "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > This is a very easy question but since I have not done it in a long
>> > time,
>> > forgot how to do it. I am hosting three domains in my Exchange 2003
>> > server.
>> > They are A.com, B.com and C.com. My users have e-mails address for all
>> > these
>> > domains. Now, I am adding a new domain (D.com). I forgot how to do it.
>> > Can
>> > you help?

0
Ben
6/24/2005 9:20:16 PM
I been looking but didn't find anything.  Maybe "SMTP Domains" instead of
"Domains" or "DNS Names" would have helped.  Thanks.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Did you even try?
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article_p.asp?id=60
> http://www.petri.co.il/configure_exchange_2000_2003_to_receive_email_for_other_domains.htm
> http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=319201
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > That is nice, but can you add a little more stpe by step info for those
> > that
> > have not doen this before?  TIA.
> >
> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Recipient Policy  :-)
> >>
> >> Add it.  Make sure that it's checked, apply it, watch all objects get
> >> updated with new domain as well.
> >>
> >> Optionally, make said address Primary Reply-to address prior to applying.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >>

> >> "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Brian8214 (439)

Effect of Domain change on Outlook
My PC was a stand alone PC that previously belonged to a domain (that was no more in use). I had Outlook running on it that could get my e-mails from several web e-mail services using POP3 (no Exchange). I had a few thousand e-mails in this outlook. For some reason I removed my PC from the Domain and join a workgroup. Now when I launch my Outlook, it wants to start from scratch. Can my previous e-mail accounts, rules, contacts, and vital e-mails be re-stored? Thank you in advance, Ben If you were using a .pst file for your mail storage, it may have a = different name than outlook.pst -...

Global Address List #23
I have several disabled user accounts, and would like to remove their email addresses from the global address list. In other words, when users send an email and are selecting the recipient, I do not want my disabled users mail addresses to be seen. I know that you can select 'hide address from lists' under advanced features, but that only hides the address from the public folder. Does anyone know how I could do this? ...

Developing on a CRM3 server in a different domain
Hi there Alongside our current CRM3 server which has our live company data, I have created a ghost machine which holds a CRM3 server for the purpose of developing CRM solutions for clients. I have installed this CRM3 server on a different domain. I am trying to write a post-callout on this server using Visual Studio .NET on my development box which is located on our main company domain. However, when adding a Web Reference I can't seem to find the correct address for the web reference. I updated this CRM3 development server from a CRM1.2 server image I had set up for this particular clie...

Outlook Client: Change the On Line Server address
Hi, Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook Client uses to syncronise? -- Thanks in advance Chris Hi Chris, You can make this change by editing the following registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl. The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits! HTH, Niths "BoltonWolf" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook > Client uses to syncronise? > -- > Thanks in advance > Chris Thanks for that, I think that works ok. I'...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

pre-select new record in combo box
Hi, I have a form (frmActivity) with a combo box (cboStore) that gets its data from a table (Store). If there is a new store which dose not show in the combo box I have a command button on the same form that open a popup window for entering the name of the new store. In the 'on close' event of the popup I requeary the combo box (cboStore) on the main form so that the new store will appear. What I would really like is to have the new store already selected in the combo box when the popup is closed. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks, Phil Try after the requery of the ...

Domain name issue migrating 5.5 to Exchange 2003
We are prepairing to migrate Echange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. This has come up as an issue: Our domain is cornerstone instead of cornerstone.com Our email address is "firstname.lastname@cornerstonegrp.com" instead of: "firstname.lastname@cornerstone.com" ...

how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible? I need it to compare each series with the mean. Thanks in advance. Regards, Guillermo Fuenzalida The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a new series in your graph. -- David Biddulph "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com... >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new ser...

Tie Contact address to Send From address?
Hi, Outlook Express (if not, then Outlook) Can you tie a particular contact to a Send From address? In my contacts, there are people I want to ensure I only send from one email address, which isn't the default address. I thought about using a second client, but I like to keep all email in one client. If I can't do this in Express, but can in Outlook, then I'll migrate to Outlook. Thanks, Andrew "narrator" <narrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1B4C7A-9849-4AD6-9630-87ED2F418C2B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Ou...

To auto-fill using names no longer in address
Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill feature that are no longer in the address book or contact list? If they are selected the properties for the entry states name is no longer valid Address Book entry. Thanks. State your Outlook version and what you mean by "autofill." Outlook has two different functions this could be: autoresolution or autocompletion. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e601c4913a$f07a15c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the names for the au...

ERROR : Unable to determine physical sector address for logical se
Hello, what is the error "Unable to determine physical sector address for logical sector" from FLASHDRV.DLL when my system starts ? It has a hive based registry on NAND Flash. Is There any problems on the flash ? However, after these messages the system works fine. Thanks, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer It typically means the flash file system hasn't been formatted yet. The message is expected in that case. Do you get the message after formatting the flash file system? Note that the file system might be formatted automatically when th...

failed recipient, trying to delete address exchange 2003
I get this error when trying to delete an invalid email for a recipient in Exchange. I saw no postings for this error on the net! "this is the home email-address for this recipient, it cannot be removed." ID # c10312e8. I have another address that I have made primary. But still cannot delete this one. Try manually updating the Recipient Update Service on ESM or wait for replication to occur. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "media" <timisme@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1161757808.425153.274250@f16g2000cwb.g...

Multiple e-mail addresses #3
When a Contact has multiple e-mail addresses, how do I set one of them as a default? Now, emails are going to ALL of their addresses. Thanks-Rose ...

Outlook Synch error
I have one user and only one user have trouble going back online with the Outlook client. The user is connected to our VPN and then when the user clicks Go Online, it starts to synch then she gets the "the logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view the records or peform this specifc action" error/message. Outlook works fine and the user can use web CRM just fine. I've already tried changed the user's IE security settings to low, didn't help. Any ideas? James James, Could you provide a bit more information about the user, specifica...

How to create new record
How can i use code to create a new record into a table. Something like this? CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. help! thanks On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:34:03 -0500, "Tim McGavin" <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote: >How can i use code to create a new record into a table. > >Something like this? > >CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") > >I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. > >help! >thanks > Open a Recordset based on the table and use ...

Moving .pst files to a new computer
When trying to import .pst files into the new computer the following error message comes up: \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. I am using Office 2003 What's up? What version of Outlook were you using on the original computer? "Paladin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057101c396c4$29533060$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to import .pst files into the new computer > the following error message comes up: > > \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the > P...

Mail addressed to user delivered to domain
Hi Guys, My client is running SBS2003 and exchange SP1 I have had a meeting request from an external source sent to a user in the organisation. It has then been received by all users within the organisation. I have opened the meeting request and it is only addressed to the user. I have checked the exchange logs and it clearly shows the message received by everyone, then an NDR sent for any users who were disabled. I am at a loss to explain how this could occur. Does anyone have any ideas? On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:30:08 -0800, Thorny <Thorny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Domain Trusts and the SFO Client
Hi; Does anyone have a definitive answer on the types of trust required when installing the SFO Client into a domain other than the CRM domain? Does it require a trust at all, and if so can it be a one-way (the CRM domain trusting the non-CRM domain) or must it be a two-way? I've read a lot of conflicting posts and have my own opinion, but just wondering if there is an 'official' stance on this? Thanks very much, Dave Ireland Salentica Systems Inc. ------=_NextPart_0001_5AD4E092 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Dave~ You should be able to s...

RPC Error: creating mail in child domain from mmc User and computer.
Hello, I've an active directory on windows 2000, connected to several childs domains. In my father network i've an exchange 2003. Before i could create mail adress in my child domain from the mmc "user and computer" of my exchange server in my father domain. But now when i want to do " task exchange" on a user i get error : "RPC server is not avaiable, error id : c00706ba...." c00706ba". I don't know if this error is due to the exchange SP1, because i'didn't create new mail account for several month. Someone could help me. Forgive my ba...

Moving Money 2008 to new computer
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person for not saving a backup of that. I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits this will be a problem. Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the existing Money (by copying the P...

VBA
Hi, I am currently writing a database and what i want it to do is when one particular field is filled in eg. Cylinder, then it will pick up only "cylinder" items. I have tried this code below but it doesnt seem to work. Could someone please help me. Private Sub Job_Installable_AfterUpdate() 'If Job_Installable.[Column](1) = "Cylinder" Then ' 'Forms!OrderForm.ctlSubForm.Form!Controls.NewData ' 'Forms! ' [tblJob_Consumables SubForm]![Job_Consumable Consumable ID].ControlSource = "qlkpConsumableCylinder" 'Else...

Outlook connector doesn't work
vWin7 starter, Outlook 2003, Outlook connector v 14 installed. When klicking "Outlook connector" and "Add a new account" in Outlook, nothing happens (absolutely nothing - no messages or boxes appear). I habe removed and reinstalled both Outlook and Outlook connector several times, no help in that. Anyone who have a suggestion? ...

GP2010
What are the options for a Requisition Management solution for new GP BRL Adv Mgmt customers? It is my understanding that the Req Mgmt module has been taken off the GP BRL AM price list. Thanks, John ...

Disabled Exchange 2K3 accounts starting to accept new emails #2
Hello, whenever I would disable a user account in Exchange 2003, it would NDR any new email, unless there was a forwarding address in the delivery options tab, which is how I wanted it to be. However, since applying the security updates for February, the disabled accounts have begun accepting new mail. Does anyone have any ideas why? Feb. updates applied: KB890830 KB931978 KB926436 KB924667 KB928843 KB928090 KB918118 KB931836 Hi, you are right, and I think that Microsoft want it to be that way from the beginning. Read this articles http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319047 http://support.m...

New Vista and Old Publisher
I'm super pleased with Vista Home Premium and its ability to fix old programs from old operating systems to work. I transfered every file from my old Win98 computer to my new Vista operated machine with no problems. My MS Office '97 installed flawlessly. Every program works like normal......every one except Publisher '98. I get an error message that MS Pub cannot open QS98.dll because "Not enough memory or the application is corrupt". I don't think 3GB memory is the issue. And I replaced the QS98.dll with a fresh copy off the net. The Vista Compatibility ...