Nested query-based distribution groups?

We are currently trying to implement some query-based distribution groups.
Is it possible to create one QBDG that has a couple of rules (for example
all people with a certain job title) and then create another dynamic group
that will start with all the users in the previous group (all people with a
certain title) and further narrow it down with more rules?

Basically does exchange 2003 allow for nested query-based groups? If so, how
do you go about doing it?

Thanks.

0
sms1 (1)

Yes they can be nested. You would nest them just like you would nest any
other group.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822897

"Jon" <sms@caenus.com> wrote in message
> We are currently trying to implement some query-based distribution groups.
> Is it possible to create one QBDG that has a couple of rules (for example
> all people with a certain job title) and then create another dynamic group
> that will start with all the users in the previous group (all people with
> certain title) and further narrow it down with more rules?
>
> Basically does exchange 2003 allow for nested query-based groups? If so,
how
> do you go about doing it?
>
> Thanks.

0
Megan

Limiting formulas based on filtering?
Is there an easy way to build a formula that will only take values into consideration when the auto format is used. So, if I have a table of data and a formula based on this table and I filter one of my data columns to some vause then I would like my formula to automatically update. Is this possible? Thank you, CH The SUBTOTAL function ignores rows that are hidden by an autofilter (and optionally, also rows that were hidden manually). It can perform a wide range of operations, including sums, averages, counts, standard deviations, products, maximums, minimums, etc. Check E...

Exchange delegation using group doesn't work?
Hi, I am running Exch 2k3 SP1 in Windows SBS 2003. I tried to delegate Exch to user. What I did: I created a group called: Junior Admins I delegate at the Exchange top level the Junior Admins group to be Exch Full Admin. I assigned user: Sam to Junior Admins I use AdminPak.msi for Sam to control Exchange from her PC. Sam can get ESE on her PC (mmc), but can't open the server folder due the rights. I've also assigned Sam in the local administrator of that workstation. Things work if I assign Sam directly in the Delegation Control from ESE. How can I delegate control via group? ...

Show All Groups in 2007
I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the navigation pane and activate all the time? I prefer to see all my objects at once. Thanks for any help. Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose: All Objects. To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav Pane, and choose: Category | Object Type -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, W...

Change cell background color based on content that results from li
This could be very simple, but I will lay the groundwork first. I have a schedule spreadsheet that I import data to from a web based program. There are existing filters to remove all formatting of the data and remove that which we do not use. What remains is a non formatted sheet that other workbooks link to so we can produce daily sheets. Now the data that is linked on the other sheets may be for example the number 150. It appears throughout the sheet and I would like to color any cell that contains the number 150. The problem is I can't search for 150 because it reall...

Category Group
How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined category groups? In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined >category groups? See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. Plus it was not desirable to post twice. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74a201c3e76e$8c5a8ff0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined > category groups? I asked a question about Category Groups not too long ago. Here was Dick Watson...

Query emails coming to a specific domain
Hello; We have about 5 domains on our exchange server that we receive email from. We are in the process of not renewing one of our domains but would like to check to see if email from that domain is still coming through. Is there any way to do that? I tried the Message Tracking Center with the *.domain.com but it didn't like that. It wanted a specific user. Thanks Check SMTP logs as well. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <nospam@newsgroup.com> wrote in message news:...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

How do I filter rows based upon a column value
I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When generating reports, I would like to filter per agency and display only the rows associated with that agency. Is there a tutorial or sample on how to do this? Hi It sounds like you are looking for Data / Filter / AutoFilter. Have a look here for some basics: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html -- Andy. "Jack" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eqiU08TVEHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When > generati...

New Exchange Routing Group in child domain / site
I have just finished installing a child domain (leaf node) and installing a exchange server for that new domain. First problem I had was that when my email was coming in via the main domain it was sending some of the public folder emails over to the sub domain (witch I had not configured for public folders) So I placed each domain in its own routing group, created a routing connect (both ways) pointing at each other as well as SMTP Connectors with * and cost of 1 (all default settings in each location / routing group. These server will be split via a T1 and both will receive email (ma...

Comparing cell values then labeling them based on comparision
Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compare two cells and then label them according to if one cell is lesser, greater, or the same as the other. I have a large data sheet where I want to compare many pairs of cells and then have them labeled in this way. For example for each pair where the second cell value is larger than the first it would put greater, where the first is larger it would be lesser, etc. Can anybody help me with this? also feel free to email me at andrew@metiri.com. Thanks so much for your help. > Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compar...

query to make a list of products based on delivery history
I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product. From this table, I'd like to make a list of all products. My problem is the products will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just want a list showing all the individual products that we offer. -- TIA Try something like: SELECT DISTINCT [our product] FROM [which list all deliveries made]; If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Def...

importing excel spreadsheets into web-based applications
How do you automate importing data from an excel spreadsheet into a web-based applications. For example, a form on the web has fields for name, address, phone, email, etc. (some of the fields are required, some optional) and you have a spreadsheet with information for a 100 different people (or even 1 person), how do you fill in all the fields at once without having to cut and paste each field for each person. ...

Update Query based on Current Recordset
I have a continuous form with filtered records. I want to run an update query on a field in a table based on the current filtered records on the form. What code would I use to accomplish this task? Any help appreciated in getting me started. NEWER USER, Without a wee bit more information, like what are you trying to update, field names, table names, do you want this attached to a button or an event, etc... The best I can do is... UPDATE SomeTable SET SomeTable.SomeField= WhateverValue WHERE (((SomeTable.SomeOtherFied)=WhateverValue)); Of course, the above would be an ...

Programmatically adding function to copy all incoming mail to public folder (based on sender domain)
Hi all. I would like to be able to (from any client) execute a script (vbs, exe, whatever) that creates a public folder. That's should be pretty easy. The tricky part is that I want the same script to create a rule (?) on the Exchange server that copies all incoming mail from a specific sender domain to that new public folder. Hmm... Let us assume that I have the sufficient credentials for this action hardcoded in the script.. does anyone have a good idea how to do that. I am creating an interface in our ERP software that should be able to see mail correspondance horizontically accross ...

Nested MID and FIND
Hello all! Does anyone know how I may be able to search a string and extract text from it using the MID and FIND function with multiple FINDS? I have a spreadsheet for which I have a lengthy bit of text for which I have set up to currently extract ",IE". I need to adapt the formula =MID(Dump!A1,FIND(",IE.",Dump!A1)-2,5) to also search for either ",MA" or a ",MC". These characters will always be unique and there will not be a combination of either in the text string. The string will have either one of the three but not two or all of t...

Distribution List #2
I created a distribution list on exchange server. Now I add up some members from the address list but I dont know how to add users who are outside our site. How can I add those users in any list so that I can pik it up from there. Thanks in advance. You need to first add them to the Exchange GAL. In exchange 5.5 you would add a new custom recipient. In 2000 or 2003, you add a mail enabled contact. Then you can select them from the GAL when updating the DL. -- hth, SusanV "khan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00f901c3c337$25a0d220$a401280a@phx....

IIF Query for Numeric Values in Text Field
I’m attempting to flag interest rate spread errors and omissions in a file from a sales database using IIF statements I adapted from another database (I’m a novice at this). The field I’m querying is text format and contains both alpha and numeric values. When I test for a null value the IIF works fine, but when I test for a numeric value I get an #ERROR. Spread Error1: IIf(([Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread Is Null),1,0) Spread Error2: IIf(([CCC Fall 2007 Eligible Products]![IB/NIB]="NIB" And [Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread<4),1,0...

Group/Category Permissions
We user MS Project Professional 2007 and Project Server 2007 in IT, and most IT staff have unlimited access to all projects. We also want to encourage non-IT power users to use Project and Project Server as well, but on a limited basis. I want to give those people the following permissions: (1) 'View Only' access to *all* projects (2) 'Edit' access to projects which they own or are a resource in (3) Restricted from using IT Resources in projects I pretty much have (2) covered with Groups/Categories, but I'm not sure how to affect (1) and (3). ...

Distribution Lists #24
I have four distribution lists in Contacts. When someone emails me and asks to be put on a list, I add them to Contacts, then go open that list, click on "Select Members" and add that person. It works , but seems a bit labour-intensive. Is there a way of adding a contact to an existing list from within that person's contact details? I can make a _new_ distribution list from the "Actions" menu, but surely I should be able to add the person to an existing list? Am I missing something obvious? TIA paul You can add a new contact from within a distribution list ...

Group policy dialog box
How do I open a Grpoup Policy dialog box? Anyone ever hear of such a thing? If you have to ask that question, your problem (whatever it may be) is NOT being caused by Group Policy. bandi wrote: > How do I open a Grpoup Policy dialog box? Anyone ever hear of such a > thing? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > How do I open a Grpoup Policy dialog box? Anyone ever hear of such a > thing? > > XP Home: impossible XP Prof: RUN gpedit.msc Bernd ...

Global address book groups
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 sp2. We renamed some of our Global address book groups but the global address book still shows old names. Active directory shows the new names and replication cycled many times since groups were renamed. Any idea to resolve this issue or should we recreate these groups? Thank you. I forgot to mention that I am not running outlook in cached mode and the changes were made more than 2 days ago. "Raul" <amigo@nospamPlz.com> wrote in message news:#TCSjksxKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > We are runn...

Insert query with two left outer joins gives "Record is Deleted" m
Hi, I have built an insert query to combine data from 3 tables into one table based on a key value (RA_ID) on a form. Two of the from tables may or may not have data associated with the main from table. So I have coded the select from statement using left outer joins. When I run the query with a row in the first child table but not in the second it works fine but when I run the query with a key value that exists in the 2nd child table but not in the first I get a message saying "record is deleted". Anybody have any ideas what is causing this? Here is the query......... ...

Basic grouping
hello, I want a basic report with 2 groups of date ranges. The query is simple with no where clause. I have a detail row with grouping properties: "old records "with date range which displays fine. How do I get a second group to display with "new records" with a another date range. Thanks for any help you can provide. Hi Perhaps using UNION ALL? "new2SSRS" <new2SSRS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:626680BB-2574-40BB-95D8-753CFB004238@microsoft.com... > hello, I want a basic report with 2 groups of date ranges. The ...