need to re-join exchange 5.5 to mixed organization for public folders backup

I just removed the last exchange 5.5 from the mixed organization I
have. But now i'm missing some public folders!!!!

Can I re-join the exchange 5.5 server after deleting it from the
organization?? please help! Then I have to replicate the public
folders.

I have an exchange 2003 SP2 cluster and an another Ex 2003 where the
SRS service was running.

If I can not do this?? How can I restore the public folders to the new
Exchange 2003 server??

0
noursly (14)

How about bringing up the 55 server and using Exmerge.

Nue
<noursly@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just removed the last exchange 5.5 from the mixed organization I
> have. But now i'm missing some public folders!!!!
>
> Can I re-join the exchange 5.5 server after deleting it from the
> organization?? please help! Then I have to replicate the public
> folders.
>
> I have an exchange 2003 SP2 cluster and an another Ex 2003 where the
> SRS service was running.
>
> If I can not do this?? How can I restore the public folders to the new
> Exchange 2003 server??

0
imaneophyte (3004)
5/2/2006 12:39:19 PM
I don't think ExMerge will work for Public Folders

0
noursly (14)
5/2/2006 12:50:14 PM
On 2 May 2006 05:50:14 -0700, noursly@gmail.com wrote:

>I don't think ExMerge will work for Public Folders

Only if you copy them to a local Outlook folder.
Another option is to export them via OUtlook to a pst of course.
0
adavid (8731)
5/2/2006 1:04:56 PM
How do I re-join the exchange to the Organization?????????????/

0
noursly (14)
5/2/2006 2:16:40 PM
noursly@gmail.com wrote:

>How do I re-join the exchange to the Organization?????????????/

Reinstall the machine using the identical server name. Then restore
the Public Information Store from the backup you made before you nuked
the server.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
noursly@gmail.com wrote:

>How do I re-join the exchange to the Organization?????????????/

Oh . . . and let's not forget that you'll still need the ADC.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Made a pst of the Public Folders and copied the missing ones over.

Well.. this is what I did... Copied over the edb file and accessed it
using the Quest recovery tool for exchange... GREAT TOOL!! a must have!

0
noursly (14)

Outlook Express Deletes Folders
Using Outlook Express. I went do delete an email from my created inbox folder (which then contains a number of sub- folders) by the usual "shift+delete" method and instead of bringing up the confirmation dialog that folder and all its subs just vanished! I have looked in the store folder and all the DBX files are just gone... I've just lost a few thousand emails from over 3 years, any ideas what has happend and maybe how I can get them back? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlo...

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Microsoft Exchange Server

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

Need HELP! for Linking data

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Need to add to current formula

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

Need macro help to close excel

RE: Fill Factor on a clustered index
Tricky one. Have a database getting alot of locks...Darn sql server and those silly page locks. Anyway had to change the application to use a disconnected methodology and check for changes before doing an update. Love the asp.net alternative. It just clobbers data (unless you write code to check)...record locks have their uses but...right now need to reduce any locking possible and one article on the web mentioned even tables where you just add data too could do with a fill factor. One table just keeps a track of changes by the record id. There is a clustered index on the record ...

OWA Calendar
Hello, Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have some sort of tools to do this? Users could still make changes through Outlook and we would like to be able to display the calendar on our website. Thoughts? TIA, Jason "Jason King" <jasonk@bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message news:%230ps86yIFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently > make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have so...