Need to obtain Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Media (CD)

I am licensed for Exchange 2003 Enterprise so I can legally install
Exchange 5.5 Enterprise, but since it is discontinued I cannot
purchase the media from Microsoft. I also cannot find it in the
channel anywhere. Where can this be found?

I'm at the 16GB limit on Exchange 5.5 Standard but don't want to jump
full bore into Exchange 2003 until we're fully ready, so I'm desperate
to get 5.5 Enterprise installed.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
0
tomahawk (2)

Have you called MS? If you're licenseed you should be able to get
replacement media...

"Tomahawk" <tomahawk@catalini.org> wrote in message
> I am licensed for Exchange 2003 Enterprise so I can legally install
> Exchange 5.5 Enterprise, but since it is discontinued I cannot
> purchase the media from Microsoft. I also cannot find it in the
> channel anywhere. Where can this be found?
>
> I'm at the 16GB limit on Exchange 5.5 Standard but don't want to jump
> full bore into Exchange 2003 until we're fully ready, so I'm desperate
> to get 5.5 Enterprise installed.
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

We did end up escalating with MS and they finally sent a CD. Upgrading tonight!
Thanks.
0
tomahawk (2)

Duplicate Files in the Exchange Mailbox Store?
It is my understanding that one of the functions of the database in exchange is to eliminate duplication. Example: an email sent to an internal mailing list will only exist a single copy with the recipients of the email merely receiving a pointer to the location of said email in the database. Does this also apply to the attachments in the database as well? Is there only a single instance of the attachments? If not is there a better way to manage where attachements are stored and a way to reduce duplication? The reason I am asking is we often receive large attachments, often 30 MB pl...

Multiple numbers in a cell separated by a comma, need separate cel
Multiple numbers in a cell separated by a comma, need separate cells. Is ther a way to take the contents of cell A1 (contains: 192410, 192413, 90704, ....) and "separate" the data to individual cells (without entering manually)? Thanks. Use text to columns facility. Works even when data is not text. Paste data into A1 then highlight extent of data just in col A. Hit text to columns. Chose delimited. Next. Delimiters comma (uncheck others). This should now have appearance of columns. Next. Format cols as general. Finish. Russell Dawson Excel Student Ple...

Exchange Disaster Recovery #5
hello been asked to come up with some DR (in the event of total meltdown) plans for Exchange 2003 across 2 sites. Each site hosts a 2 node passive/active 2k3 exchange cluster what i had planned both locations have their databses backed up with netbackup, what id planned on doing duplicate the backup jobs (weekly/monthly backups) to a netbackup server in the DR site in the event of total disaster of siteA rename exchange DRserver to exch-siteA, add to domain restore databases to this server this would keep the AD pointers to homeMDB intact? and would remove the need to mess about with legacyD...

Stopping Exchange Connect on Different PC
I used to use a work pc with Outlook using Exchange for work email; used O. Express for personal email. I got a new pc and just installed a new copy of Outlook 2007 on it to use for my personal email, but it is trying to connect to the work exchange from my work pc (I did copy files from the work pc to my new personal pc). I can't get into Outlook to configure for my personal email. I don't have connection to old work email anymore, so I can't access Outlook at all. Hi Tracy, create a new Email account but don�t use an "Exchange Account" if you creat...

Need a Header in APA Format
I can create a header with a title aligned to the left, but when I want to put the page no. on the same line as the title aligned to the right, the page no. is added, but makes the title disappear. Can't figure out how to avoid the title disappearing. Help! Don't add a page number building block; instead, choose "Current position" and insert a plain page number. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "SELoyd" <SELoyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E6103F5...

exchange 5.5 and windows 2003
I have a windows NT 4.0 domain environment and i am running exchange 5.5 on a member server. i am planning to upgrade the pdc to windows 2003 and i move to active directory. Can anyone help me with directions on how exchange 5.5directory will communicate with active directory.Because upgrading to exchange 2003 is not happenning in the near future. Mikeolo The Exchange 5.5 directory will not communicate with AD. It'll just continue to run happily on its own as it did under NT. -Peter "mike olo" <wewe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ece01c48ece$265cf550$a501280...

IE user trouble loading web mail with Exchange 2003 account
All, A user has been moved to a Exchange 2003 server, and cannot read her mail using Outlook Web access. It does not load the inbox, just the shortcut bar. Her account works on other PCs so it's just a PC setting. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Can't connect to Exchange server
Hello, I am having a problem configuring an account on Outlook XP. I can ping the Exchange server, both by IP address and by host name. When i try to configure the client to connect to the Exchange server I get an error saying that it could not locate the server. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled, repaired, done everything I could think off but I can not get it going. Obviously there is something I'm not doing right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rather then typin in the name of the exchange, can you connect if you use it's ip address? This sounds like a w...

Issue with slow mail on Exchange 2003
Morning, I seem to be having a problem with my Exchange 2003 box, where intermittently, the outbound email will get "stuck" for lack of a better way to put it. An email sent at 3 p.m. this afternoon sat until 4:26, when it was finally delivered, along with a bunch of other emails. Now, when this happened again tonight (been going on for about a week now), i checked the tracking logs. For an email being sent, it just stated "SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store". It wasn't for another 40 minutes that the email was finally dsubmitted to Advanced Queu...

Mailbox move after Exchange 2003 upgrade
I have 3 mailservers in my domain. Before I upgraded from 2000 to 2003 I was able to move mailboxes between servers without a problem. Now when I select a mailbox to move it looks like I do not have any other exchange servers to move them to. Has anyone had this problem before. My other 2 mailservers are on Exchange 2003 and have been for some time now. ...

Deleted emails #5
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to retrieve deleted emails in Outlook? They were deleted from the deleted items folder about 2 hours ago :(. Sadly we are not using exchange. Thanks. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm should help. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Scotch Monster %*} asked: | Hi there, | I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to retriev...

unintentional BCC Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000
I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened in a simple 'reply all' as well, when no one was using BCC. Any ideas? -- regards, Zach ZachP wrote: > I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but > the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a > result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened > in a simple 'reply all'...

Rookie Needs Help! #2
Never mind. Just figured it out. Sorry for taking up your time. Storema -- storema ----------------------------------------------------------------------- storeman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31438 Isn't this list amazing. ESP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "storeman" <storeman.1fvg3z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:storeman.1fvg3z@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Never mind. Just figured it out. Sorry for taking...

Deploying SP2 to MS Exchange Server 2003
I'm curious as to if the Release notes for "Microsoft Exchanger server 2003 Service Pack 2 Release Notes" 906671 applies to SBS 2003 Premium Server SP1 running Exchange 2003 SP1? On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:05 -0800, "AllenM" <allen.miyake@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm curious as to if the Release notes for "Microsoft Exchanger server 2003 >Service Pack 2 Release Notes" 906671 applies to SBS 2003 Premium Server SP1 >running Exchange 2003 SP1? > Sp2 is supported on SBS 2003, so I would say yes Thanks for your opinion Andy. given that c...

Exchange 2000/2003 as a listserv
Is it possible to setup exchange as a listserv? From http://www.windowsitpro.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/8518/8518.html How can I use Exchange as a mailing list server? Because Exchange is so powerful and flexible, you might be tempted to see it as the solution to every need. Although you might think Exchange would make a good mailing list manager, no product measures up to the standard set by the free, well-understood, and widely available Majordomo package for UNIX machines (http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo). The Microsoft BackOffice Resource Kit (BORK) con...

Remove Leading Zeros from dates, need 4 Digit year
Because of a backlog with our .NET programmer, I am working with a report that was extracted from an SQL database to an Excel file. I have linked the Excel file to Access to provide reports in a specific format so that all I have to do is run the extract then overwrite the existing XLS extract. However, I have noticed that there are sometimes leading zeros in some of the entries which could be either in the month and/or the day. Even worse, some years are only two digits. I need the format to be m/d/yyyy (only 1/1/2009 - not 01/01/09 or any variation thereof) for my calculation in the repo...

Getting 5.6.1 rejected by remote host errors when routing out via connector
Hi, We have an SMTP connector (using a Smarthost, not DNS) in our Exchange 2003 org that will route out mail that it does not find a recipient for for a certain domain in Recipient Policy. Let's call it: domain.com So if no one in our Active Directory has the email address someone@domain.com it will route that mail out via this connector directly to an Exim mail server that currently hosts the rest of the mailboxes (We are in a migration stage, getting the Exim users over to Exchange 2003). It is running Exim 4.43 (that's what it says when I telnet to it). Not all mail is getting t...

Ms Exchange 5.5 decomissioning
Hello, I do have two MS Exchange 5.5 servers and I would like to remove one of them, the first one installed in our site. I already moved all Public Folders and mailboxes to the new server. I am wondering if I need to do something before removing the old MS Exchange 5.5 server using http://support.microsoft.com/kb/189286/EN-US/. Thank you, Ovidiu Tanjala ...

vbscript to send e-mail to exchange 2007
I have the following script to send e-mail through exchange 2007 but I get the error message "Fields update failed..." Const cdoSendUsingPort = 2, cdoSendUsingExchange = 3, cdoBasic = 1 Dim objCDOConfig As Object, objCDOMessage As Object, strSch As String ..... Dim varmailboxurl, varsendusername, varsendpassword As String strSch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/" varsendusername = DLookup("[sendusername]", "tblEMailSetup") varsendpassword = DLookup("[sendpassword]", "tblEMailSetup") varmailboxurl = DLook...

Exchange as backup MX
We want to use our Exchange 2003 server as a backup for a customer. If their Exchange server is unavailable (primary MX), mail should arrive at our Exchange server and store there till the other one is available again. Their DNS has been changed so that their primary MX (priority 10) points to their server and the second (priority 20) points to ours. What do I set on our Exchange? In Recipient Policies, I have added them, and for their SMTP I have NOT ticked "This Exchange organization is responsible for all mail delivered to this address" Should I tick this? Under Routing ...

Which function do I need to do this
Hey peeps, I have setup 2 worksheets within the same workbook when I enter values in cells in worksheet 1 I have chosen certain cells to be displayed in worksheet 2also. Now I want excel to realise that in worksheet 2 all cells are full for lets call it that query so return the value in a new row.... Which function would I use? I hope I have explained this clearly enough? Anyhelp would be appreciated...... Thanks in advance.... -- xirokx ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xirokx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&a...

Exchange 2003
exchange 5.5 admin allowed the mass deletion of certain mail from mailboxes with the CleanUp feature - anyone know of a similar function or add-on tool for 2003? -- Thanks in advance. Colin Hi Colin, So are you looking at deleting or generating reports for messages in certain folders which are older or larger than a certain size, if so you can use Mailbox manager. It is configured under recipient policies. Here are the instructions on how to delete items from inbox which are older than a defined age: Open Exchange System Manager, Recipients --> Recipient Policies right click a...

W Exp needs easier option for DEFAULT Explorer Bar ie "Folders"
It is difficult to set a default Windows Explorer view. When I open WE I always want Explorer Bar to "Folders" and View to Details. When I click on a folder directly I want the settings for that folder, but if I want Explorer, I want my preferred default. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...

!!URGENT!! NEED HELP ASAP!!
attachments received in Outlook 2000 take a considerable amount of time to open. The larger the file, the longer it takes to open. Is there any way to accelerate the opening of these attachments? Our productivity is lagging, and I have a boss breathing down my neck to get this fixed... Thanks in advance for your help!! If it's that crucial to your business, I strongly suggest that you pay someone to visit your site and fix it for you. That's what I'd do. "Andrewkl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:816001c431eb$de9f1660$a501280a@phx...

RPC over HTTP(S) requirements
I know I need Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 and Outlook 2003 client side - but do I also need a 2003 native domain as that's the only thing I don't have. Can someone confirm for me either way and providew me with a link as I can't seem to find an answer on MS's site. Many thanks On 28 Mar 2007 07:38:48 -0700, "cw1972" <cw1972@gmail.com> wrote: >I know I need Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 and Outlook 2003 >client side - but do I also need a 2003 native domain as that's the >only thing I don't have. > >Can someone confirm ...