need help with KB article Q315407.

I need to use this registry tweak to optimize our memory usage on Exch2003
on Server2003.
We now have 2 GB memory and the system is rebooting or blue-screening after
8 hours or so.

The problem is that the article says to click Edit > Add Value in the
Registry Editor, but
the only options available are Edit > New > String Value, Binary Value, Word
Value, etc..

Which Value do I create ? ?

Thanks.

0
chrism

dword

"chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote in message
>I need to use this registry tweak to optimize our memory usage on Exch2003
>on Server2003.
> We now have 2 GB memory and the system is rebooting or blue-screening
> after 8 hours or so.
>
> The problem is that the article says to click Edit > Add Value in the
> Registry Editor, but
> the only options available are Edit > New > String Value, Binary Value,
> Word Value, etc..
>
> Which Value do I create ? ?
>
> Thanks.

0
me9698 (26)
8/18/2004 6:48:18 PM
a DWORD value

"chrism" wrote:

> I need to use this registry tweak to optimize our memory usage on Exch2003
> on Server2003.
> We now have 2 GB memory and the system is rebooting or blue-screening after
> 8 hours or so.
>
> The problem is that the article says to click Edit > Add Value in the
> Registry Editor, but
> the only options available are Edit > New > String Value, Binary Value, Word
> Value, etc..
>
> Which Value do I create ? ?
>
> Thanks.

thanks.

I actually re-read the article and it does mention that, just afterwards !

"me" <me@work.net> wrote in message
> dword
>
> "chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote in message
>>I need to use this registry tweak to optimize our memory usage on Exch2003
>>on Server2003.
>> We now have 2 GB memory and the system is rebooting or blue-screening
>> after 8 hours or so.
>>
>> The problem is that the article says to click Edit > Add Value in the
>> Registry Editor, but
>> the only options available are Edit > New > String Value, Binary Value,
>> Word Value, etc..
>>
>> Which Value do I create ? ?
>>
>> Thanks.

0
chrism

Please help #6
Sounding desperate....I am :) I have imported a txt file into excel, however there is a lot of editing i need to do manually prior to being able to use it. Firstly I am looking for a way I can delete all blank rows in one easy step. Secondly I would like to delete all rows within Column A containing text. Alternatively, for the second step, when the txt file has been imported into excel, it works out that I need to retain the first 35 rows and delete the next 10 rows. This could go on for over 100 cycles, however the number of times this needs to be performed can change per each import. I...

Help with functions
If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a message box =IF((F4-E4)>=10,Amend()+F4-E4,F4-E4) How can I use a function to transfer some information from different cells to a new worksheet if the formula above works? You can't have a function transfer information to another cell, it will return it's info in the cell where it's located, you would need a formula(s) in the cells where you want this information. Otherwise you would need VBA Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Monty" wrote: > If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a me...

Help from Dave Peterson
Dave, Please see thread headed "Copying multiple sheets from one book 2 another and undertake special " dated 2/8/05. I have added some more text in there as I have finally got round to doing it and have experienced some problems. My name shows up as "Ann" rather than Pank as my good lady has been using my account. Thanks ...

HELP!!!!!!!!
I am getting alot of spam sent to my domain that does not have an actual email address. The problem is that the server then tries to send a message to the sender (who is bogus) with a delivery failure. My ISP has since shut down may mail once already. How can i stop the server from responding to mail coming in with incorrect adresses. I am using exchange 2k3 and windows enterprise edition 2k3. I am new to exchange and still in the process of learning it. Any help would really be appreciated. Are the SMTP addresses incorrect or are they blank? You can configure Exchange's Sender F...

Please help me!! Exchange SBS 2000 - receives ok
Hello I have a rather confusing situation at the moment. It is taking hours for emails to arrive at addresses i send to through exchange server 2000 on SBS 2000. I receive emails to me instantly through exchange server. To test the sending i set up a performance monitor to provide the number of emails in the send queue. When i click send, the performance shows the number in the queue as 1, then promptly returns to 0. As far as i understand it, this shows the email has left the queue. I have also looked at the queue in the system manager and frozen the outbound email to monitor the queue. As s...

help need to match a string
Hi everyone Hope someone have a solution for me. I have a table with product name and price in column a & b in sheet1 I have the formula in sheet2 where I input the product name in A1 an it search the product and give me the price. =VLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$1377,2,0). It works ok. Here my problem: I have a product name called "HK-2859 plus" and I need this product t be identified if I enter any portion of this product ("HK" or "2859" o "plus"....). appreciate your help Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: Use t...

Please help me solve my problem
Hi, I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, and the same for the lowest number in cell a2. I would like these results to show up in the cells below them Im very new to programming and your help would be much appreciated many thanks Sacha David On Mar 5, 1:01=A0pm, Sacha David <sach1...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, =A0I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it > in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, =A0and the > same for the lowest number i...

Help needed with the last hurdle on this project
Hi I've finally reached the limits of my Excel knowledge (what littl there was) and need some help to complete my project. What's missing now is some automation to make what I need to do a lo more user friendly. My problem (for anyone generous enough to tackle it) is posted below. It's a lot of text but it's the most concise way of explaining what want to be able to do. I've attached a file with the Excel work as far as I have been able t do. Thanks to anyone who gives this a crack - it's very much appreciated. Martin PART 1 Take the data from Column A and Co...

multiple outlets centralized Inventory needs POS solution
One of our customer has multiple outlets. Selling is conducted through the outlets. they have a centralized warehouse. A POS solution is required Contact your local RMS dealer he can help. Store ops in each location then HQ in warehouse. "Haresh_ahuja" <Haresh_ahuja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B3A81A-2CDC-42A0-9327-9722661FAA41@microsoft.com... > One of our customer has multiple outlets. Selling is conducted through the > outlets. they have a centralized warehouse. A POS solution is required Haresh, You need a HQ for the warehouse and store op...

Help please, can't start up!!
When I start the PC, after the loading bar for Microsoft thing finishes,instead of going to login screen it gives me a blue screen, and it says Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. This just happened overnight!!!! Help please. :( -- Excessive Here are some hints ( 'Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793437.aspx) ). Try starting the system in safe mode (keep tapping F8 after power-on). -- whs Additional info: - I use Spyware Doctor scan every few days - I left my computer on for the night like always,and ...

[Help] OnPaint Skipped?
I have an CTestWnd defined as follow class CTestWnd : public CWnd { DECLARE_DYNAMIC(CTestWnd) public: CTestWnd(); virtual ~CTestWnd(); protected: DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() public: afx_msg void OnPaint(); }; and i create an instance of CTestWnd as a child window of hWndParent LPCTSTR lpClassName; lpClassName=AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_VREDRAW | CS_HREDRAW |CS_GLOBALCLASS, ::LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW),(HBRUSH) ::GetStockObject(WHITE_BRUSH), ::LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION)); RECT rect; ::GetClientRect(hWndParent, &rect); m_Wnd.CreateEx(NULL,lpClassName, _T("TEST"...

FRx Help #3
I have a row calculation that I do not want to print in every one of my columns. Is there any way I can get it not to print in certain columns. It is a % calc that I do not want in my Variance columns. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Barb In the row format you can dictate which columns your data shows up in. In column G in the row format is where you tell to print in the columns you dictate...example You want to print in columns a,b,c,d,e or use a to e "BK" wrote: > I have a row calculation that I do not want to print in every one of my > columns. Is t...

Help, Reapearing Deleted Calendar Apointments
We are running Exch. 2003 and Outlook 2007. I have a user that has four problem items on his calendar. About every two mins. they show up in his Deleted Items folder (but they are NOT removed from his calendar. By the end of the day he has hundards of copies in his Deleted Items folder and they just keep comming! We even deleted one off his calendar as a test but it keeps showing up in Deleted Items. Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this? TIA, Clayton More info. Just foud out the user is using a Dell Axim x50/x50v PDA that is connected to his PC...

MSExchangeSA 9331/9335...Please help....
Hello, I'm receiving the following two events on a daily basis and anytime I attempt to rebuild the offline address list using the ESM. Date:7/20/2006 Time:2:33:08 PM Source:MSExchangeSA Type:Error Category:OAL Generator Event ID:9335 User:N/A Computer:YBEXCHANGE Description:"OALGen encountered error 80004005 while cleaning the offline address list public folders under /o=Yuengling Brewery/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List. Please make sure the public folder store is mounted and replicas exist of the offline address list folders. No offline address lists have be...

Please help to give outer join instead of inner join
I want to list all the employees from employee eventhough not existing in holiday SELECT employee.company, employee.recordid, employee.employee, employee.holsallow, employee.hrs_holiday, Holiday.datefrom, Holiday.dateto, Holiday.descr, Holiday.ho_hrs, Holiday.ho_mts, FROM employee, Holiday WHERE ( Holiday.employeeid = employee.recordid ) order by Holiday.employeeid, Holiday.datefrom Please help With thanks Pol Hi pol, What i would normally do is change the FROM statement to the following: FROM employee left join ...

SBS 2k and Exchange 2k Help
Hi All I'm having a problem with Exhange 2000. I support an office of about 5 people, and they are running SBS2000 with Exchange 2000, during the past couple of days they haven't been able to send/receive e-mail, and they haven't been able to browse the internet. I initially thought the server was being used for Relaying, however the queues are not very high (about 14 e-mails) and the Telnet tests suggest it can't be used for relaying. When I got there last night the server was fine and after a quick re-boot I sent numerous e-mails to my home account which I received, and I...

VBA Help #4
Hi, I have a list of clients with their associated outstanding dollar amount and their return (%). I would like to know if there is code that would allow me to break up these clients by return (%) groupings. For example, I would like to group below 10%, 10% to 17%, and above 17%. So at the client on the list that is just before 10% I would like to add two rows and put a dollar subtotal in the immediate row and sum the dollar amounts. Can anyone help? Thanks, Marino Public Sub ProcessData() Const TEST_COLUMN As String = "A" '<=== change to suit Dim i As Long Dim LastR...

Need help changing cell value when another value changes
I have this code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = ("$D$5") Then If Range("$Q$9").Value <> "CA" Then Range("$N$32").Value = "Out of State" Else: Range("$N$32").Value = "In-State" End If End If End Sub I want the value in cell N32 to change based on what I have in cell Q when I enter data into cell D5 and press enter. It only works after I click on cell D5 (after changing d5 and pressin enter) What am i missing -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You ...

We would love To Help You With Your Microsoft Dynamics GP Issues
If you are having issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP- reports, need training, upgrades, ongoing support, or anything of the such- please feel free to email us at mtatum@integritymbs.com, or call us at 888.869.4090 ext 705. We would love to assist you. We provide install, implementation, ongoing services, training, customization, report writing, troubleshooting and much more. ...

Nightmare Bug. !! Plz Help
hi all at once when i try to edit or open some forms i got such error msg "There isn't enough memory to perfrom this operation. close unneeded programs and try the operation again." I have 1GB Ram so it is sure silly msg !! what to do thanks plz help -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 What version of Access are we talking about here? By any chance does this involve moving from one version to another? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2...

SHIFT/F2 MEMO FIELD
I have a Memo field in a form that goes into overide mode when focus is given. I have corrected this with the Event - On Enter = NOTES.SelStart = 0 this puts the memo field in a Insert mode - which is what I want. Sometimes the user triggers the SHIFT/F2 Function to expand the memo field , which resets the memo into the overide mode again. Could someone help me with the code for the Shift/f2 to set the memo back to insert mode? Thanks. the F2 function key toggles the user between the insertion point and selecting the whole field. You should teach this to your users. This is the...

Unable to add a new contact in CRM 4.0
Hi all Unable to add a new contact in CRM 4.0 as it errors out saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Here is the event log information. Web Service Plug-in failed in OrganizationId: 01f0210d-6bf6-4c27-8919-00eccab73e2d; SdkMessageProcessingStepId: ab0fa3e5-3ceb-dc11-8840-0003ffbb159c; EntityName: contact; Stage: 50; MessageName: Create; AssemblyName: AlertCRM40Plugin.CRM40PostPlugIn, AlertCRM40Plugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=4406fa73b5445f20; ClassName: AlertCRM40Plugin.CRM40PostPlugIn; Exception: Unhandled Exception: System....

windows Xp KB 979909 and KB 982168 updates don't insall
Windows xp updates KB 979909 and KB 982168 continually show up in my notification area, I click to install them it says they have been installed. Yet I continually get a notification that these updates are to be installed. I checked for installed programs and they are never shown. this has been going of for two days now. does anyone have a idea what is going on? TIA See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979909 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and...

in need of assistance
I am trying to get the value of one column to add the sum of a second one with the current date; for a whole month I want to keep track of the +/- customers for the current date. The estimated customers are already plugged in for the whole month. Thanks for any assistance you can offer. Example Date budget mtd budget customers to date Estimated Customer Customers +/- 1 100 200 250 200 50 2 500 100 600 750 -150 3 200 300 ...

Help! Converting to 2007 from 2000
Hello all, We have just installed Access 2007 and are trying to convert the 2000 database to 2007. I converted the database (both FE and BE), enabled the content and added the trusted locations. I still cannot open anything. I even tried opening it as a 2000 format but no luck. When I go to the objects window, the queries are listed but none of the forms, reports or modules appear and I get an error message saying that the MainMenu cannot be found or is mispelled. That's the form that is supposed to be displayed when the database is opened. I spend hours searching the MS websit...