Need Help regarding "send AS"

Hey all.

I'm trying to give a user "send As" permission. But it does not work.
I have done all the right thin. Gave the acount i want to access, send
as permision.
The only user that seems to be working, is the Administrator. If i want
to send a massage as the Administrator, it works, but not with a user.

Any ideas ?

Regards Henrik

ps. Sory for my bad english :D

0
henrikcj (18)

How are you doing it?  How long are you waiting before panicking?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

<henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey all.
>
> I'm trying to give a user "send As" permission. But it does not work.
> I have done all the right thin. Gave the acount i want to access, send
> as permision.
> The only user that seems to be working, is the Administrator. If i want
> to send a massage as the Administrator, it works, but not with a user.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Regards Henrik
>
> ps. Sory for my bad english :D

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/27/2006 6:40:24 PM
How long did you wait?  Permissions changes such as this can take up to 2
hours to take effect.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

<henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey all.
>
> I'm trying to give a user "send As" permission. But it does not work.
> I have done all the right thin. Gave the acount i want to access, send
> as permision.
> The only user that seems to be working, is the Administrator. If i want
> to send a massage as the Administrator, it works, but not with a user.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Regards Henrik
>
> ps. Sory for my bad english :D

0
Ben
9/27/2006 6:40:29 PM
Thanks For the Answer.

Well i read on a news post, that i can force an update, just Restart
"information Store".

I have done it like this.
My user A will like to send mail as User B. So on user B i added user A
with permission "send AS" but it does not work

Ed Crowley [MVP] skrev:

> How are you doing it?  How long are you waiting before panicking?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hey all.
> >
> > I'm trying to give a user "send As" permission. But it does not work.
> > I have done all the right thin. Gave the acount i want to access, send
> > as permision.
> > The only user that seems to be working, is the Administrator. If i want
> > to send a massage as the Administrator, it works, but not with a user.
> >
> > Any ideas ?
> >
> > Regards Henrik
> >
> > ps. Sory for my bad english :D

0
henrikcj (18)
9/27/2006 7:03:42 PM
Please Help, i realydon't know what to do.

0
henrikcj (18)
9/27/2006 7:34:32 PM
On 27 Sep 2006 12:34:32 -0700, henrikcj@gmail.com wrote:

>Please Help, i realydon't know what to do.

You restarted the IS and it still doesnt work?
Are the permissions not sticking becuase the account has the
adminsdholder object tied to it?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/232199/
Description and Update of the Active Directory AdminSDHolder Object
0
adavid (8731)
9/27/2006 7:53:04 PM
Yeah i did, and it still dosent work.
Bur what i cant understand is, how can i "send as" Administrator but
not normal user?
Is there a way i can check if the permissions is doing that?

Andy David - MVP skrev:

> On 27 Sep 2006 12:34:32 -0700, henrikcj@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Please Help, i realydon't know what to do.
>

> You restarted the IS and it still doesnt work?
> Are the permissions not sticking becuase the account has the
> adminsdholder object tied to it?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/232199/
> Description and Update of the Active Directory AdminSDHolder Object

0
henrikcj (18)
9/27/2006 8:07:04 PM
Can it have something to do with, that my user is in a OU ?

henrikcj@gmail.com skrev:

> Yeah i did, and it still dosent work.
> Bur what i cant understand is, how can i "send as" Administrator but
> not normal user?
> Is there a way i can check if the permissions is doing that?
>

> Andy David - MVP skrev:
>
> > On 27 Sep 2006 12:34:32 -0700, henrikcj@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > >Please Help, i realydon't know what to do.
> >

> > You restarted the IS and it still doesnt work?
> > Are the permissions not sticking becuase the account has the
> > adminsdholder object tied to it?
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/232199/
> > Description and Update of the Active Directory AdminSDHolder Object

0
henrikcj (18)
9/27/2006 8:49:01 PM
Where the user is located (OU or Users container) is irrelevant.

Is the Send As permission sticking?  Meaning, if you go back to the
properties of the account you modified, say, 15 minutes later, is the Allow
box still checked next to Send As?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

> Can it have something to do with, that my user is in a OU ?
>

> henrikcj@gmail.com skrev:
>
>> Yeah i did, and it still dosent work.
>> Bur what i cant understand is, how can i "send as" Administrator but
>> not normal user?
>> Is there a way i can check if the permissions is doing that?
>>

>> Andy David - MVP skrev:

>> > You restarted the IS and it still doesnt work?
>> > Are the permissions not sticking becuase the account has the
>> > adminsdholder object tied to it?
>> >
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/232199/
>> > Description and Update of the Active Directory AdminSDHolder Object

0
Ben
9/27/2006 9:16:07 PM
Hey Ben.

Not on the administrator, but it still works with the administrator.
It stil sticks on the normal user yes.

Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] skrev:

> Where the user is located (OU or Users container) is irrelevant.
>
> Is the Send As permission sticking?  Meaning, if you go back to the
> properties of the account you modified, say, 15 minutes later, is the Allow
> box still checked next to Send As?
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Can it have something to do with, that my user is in a OU ?
> >

> > henrikcj@gmail.com skrev:
> >
> >> Yeah i did, and it still dosent work.
> >> Bur what i cant understand is, how can i "send as" Administrator but
> >> not normal user?
> >> Is there a way i can check if the permissions is doing that?

0
henrikcj (18)
9/27/2006 9:24:22 PM
You are going to have to provide more details on your permissions then.  By
default, Administrators do not have permission to Send As other user OR to
open their mailboxes.

Go to the properties of your Mailbox Store, Security Tab.  Please detail
what rights the Administrator has, and if your normal user is also listed on
this tab.

Next...

In Active Directory Users & Computers, go to the properties of the user you
want people to Send As (call it user A).  Go to the security tab.  Is
Administrator listed in there?  If so, what permissions?  Is the other user
listed?  Which specific permissions?

How are you trying to Send As?  Be as detailed as possible.  Are you using
Outlook, displaying the From field, and choosing UserA as the From?  If it
doesn't work, what error do you receive?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

> Hey Ben.
>
> Not on the administrator, but it still works with the administrator.
> It stil sticks on the normal user yes.
>

> Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] skrev:
>
>> Where the user is located (OU or Users container) is irrelevant.
>>
>> Is the Send As permission sticking?  Meaning, if you go back to the
>> properties of the account you modified, say, 15 minutes later, is the
>> Allow
>> box still checked next to Send As?
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Can it have something to do with, that my user is in a OU ?

0
Ben
9/27/2006 9:38:28 PM
Okay here it is.

On the security tap in "mailbox store" THe administrator has "Allow" in
all of them,  except "Special Permissions". My normal user was not
there-

In Actice Directory on User A, The Administrator is not listed. But the
other user is. The permissions the user have is:
"Send As"

The Way i am trying to make an "send as" is, by displaying the "from"
field i outlook, and type Users A email adress.
But, as you know, it does not work. But i'm getting this error message:
(translated from danish)
"You dont have permission to send this message. Contact the
systesmadministrator to get help
            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=peersflyttefirma:SERVER

I hope this helps.

Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] skrev:

> You are going to have to provide more details on your permissions then.  By
> default, Administrators do not have permission to Send As other user OR to
> open their mailboxes.
>
> Go to the properties of your Mailbox Store, Security Tab.  Please detail
> what rights the Administrator has, and if your normal user is also listed on
> this tab.
>
> Next...
>
> In Active Directory Users & Computers, go to the properties of the user you
> want people to Send As (call it user A).  Go to the security tab.  Is
> Administrator listed in there?  If so, what permissions?  Is the other user
> listed?  Which specific permissions?
>
> How are you trying to Send As?  Be as detailed as possible.  Are you using
> Outlook, displaying the From field, and choosing UserA as the From?  If it
> doesn't work, what error do you receive?
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hey Ben.
> >
> > Not on the administrator, but it still works with the administrator.
> > It stil sticks on the normal user yes.
> >

> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] skrev:
> >
> >> Where the user is located (OU or Users container) is irrelevant.
> >>
> >> Is the Send As permission sticking?  Meaning, if you go back to the
> >> properties of the account you modified, say, 15 minutes later, is the
> >> Allow
> >> box still checked next to Send As?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
henrikcj (18)
9/27/2006 9:59:32 PM
Let me confirm that you are saying that you want user B to have rights to
send as user A, and user B has Send As rights on user A's account in the
Security tab.  Is that correct?

Does any group to which user B belongs have Deny Send As set on user A's
account?  To be sure, look at the Advanced view.

Does Administrator or any group to which Administrator belongs have Send As
on user A's account?
--

> Okay here it is.
>
> On the security tap in "mailbox store" THe administrator has "Allow" in
> all of them,  except "Special Permissions". My normal user was not
> there-
>
> In Actice Directory on User A, The Administrator is not listed. But the
> other user is. The permissions the user have is:
> "Send As"
>
> The Way i am trying to make an "send as" is, by displaying the "from"
> field i outlook, and type Users A email adress.
> But, as you know, it does not work. But i'm getting this error message:
> (translated from danish)
> "You dont have permission to send this message. Contact the
> systesmadministrator to get help
>            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=peersflyttefirma:SERVER
>

> I hope this helps.
>

> Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] skrev:
>
>> You are going to have to provide more details on your permissions then.
>> By
>> default, Administrators do not have permission to Send As other user OR
>> open their mailboxes.
>>
>> Go to the properties of your Mailbox Store, Security Tab.  Please detail
>> what rights the Administrator has, and if your normal user is also listed
>> on
>> this tab.
>>
>> Next...
>>
>> In Active Directory Users & Computers, go to the properties of the user
>> you
>> want people to Send As (call it user A).  Go to the security tab.  Is
>> Administrator listed in there?  If so, what permissions?  Is the other
>> user
>> listed?  Which specific permissions?
>>
>> How are you trying to Send As?  Be as detailed as possible.  Are you
>> using
>> Outlook, displaying the From field, and choosing UserA as the From?  If
>> it
>> doesn't work, what error do you receive?
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey Ben.
>> >
>> > Not on the administrator, but it still works with the administrator.
>> > It stil sticks on the normal user yes.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/28/2006 4:44:41 AM
Hey Again sorry for the slow answer

Yeah, user b has Send As rights on user A. And thats is the only Rights
the user has.

2. question.
i have checked all the settings, but none of them has Deny Send As.

3. question.

Yes. The Administrators , Domain Admins and Enterprise Admins Group
have the permission Send As on user A.

0
henrikcj (18)
9/28/2006 5:24:33 PM
Hey Again sorry for the slow answer

Yeah, user b has Send As rights on user A. And thats is the only Rights
the user has.

2. question.
i have checked all the settings, but none of them has Deny Send As.

3. question.

Yes. The Administrators , Domain Admins and Enterprise Admins Group
have the permission Send As on user A.

0
henrikcj (18)
9/28/2006 5:31:17 PM
it is just a test. I cant post
Ed Crowley [MVP] skrev:
> Let me confirm that you are saying that you want user B to have rights to
> send as user A, and user B has Send As rights on user A's account in the
> Security tab.  Is that correct?
>
> Does any group to which user B belongs have Deny Send As set on user A's
> account?  To be sure, look at the Advanced view.
>
> Does Administrator or any group to which Administrator belongs have Send As
> on user A's account?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Okay here it is.
> >
> > On the security tap in "mailbox store" THe administrator has "Allow" in
> > all of them,  except "Special Permissions". My normal user was not
> > there-
> >
> > In Actice Directory on User A, The Administrator is not listed. But the
> > other user is. The permissions the user have is:
> > "Send As"
> >
> > The Way i am trying to make an "send as" is, by displaying the "from"
> > field i outlook, and type Users A email adress.
> > But, as you know, it does not work. But i'm getting this error message:
> > (translated from danish)
> > "You dont have permission to send this message. Contact the
> > systesmadministrator to get help
> >            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=peersflyttefirma:SERVER
> >

> > I hope this helps.
> >

> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] skrev:
> >
> >> You are going to have to provide more details on your permissions then.
> >> By
> >> default, Administrators do not have permission to Send As other user OR
> >> open their mailboxes.
> >>
> >> Go to the properties of your Mailbox Store, Security Tab.  Please detail
> >> what rights the Administrator has, and if your normal user is also listed
> >> on
> >> this tab.
> >>
> >> Next...
> >>
> >> In Active Directory Users & Computers, go to the properties of the user
> >> you
> >> want people to Send As (call it user A).  Go to the security tab.  Is
> >> Administrator listed in there?  If so, what permissions?  Is the other
> >> user
> >> listed?  Which specific permissions?
> >>
> >> How are you trying to Send As?  Be as detailed as possible.  Are you
> >> using
> >> Outlook, displaying the From field, and choosing UserA as the From?  If
> >> it
> >> doesn't work, what error do you receive?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
henrikcj (18)
9/28/2006 5:44:18 PM
it is just a test. I cant post
Ed Crowley [MVP] skrev:
> Let me confirm that you are saying that you want user B to have rights to
> send as user A, and user B has Send As rights on user A's account in the
> Security tab.  Is that correct?
>
> Does any group to which user B belongs have Deny Send As set on user A's
> account?  To be sure, look at the Advanced view.
>
> Does Administrator or any group to which Administrator belongs have Send As
> on user A's account?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Okay here it is.
> >
> > On the security tap in "mailbox store" THe administrator has "Allow" in
> > all of them,  except "Special Permissions". My normal user was not
> > there-
> >
> > In Actice Directory on User A, The Administrator is not listed. But the
> > other user is. The permissions the user have is:
> > "Send As"
> >
> > The Way i am trying to make an "send as" is, by displaying the "from"
> > field i outlook, and type Users A email adress.
> > But, as you know, it does not work. But i'm getting this error message:
> > (translated from danish)
> > "You dont have permission to send this message. Contact the
> > systesmadministrator to get help
> >            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=peersflyttefirma:SERVER
> >

> > I hope this helps.
> >

> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] skrev:
> >
> >> You are going to have to provide more details on your permissions then.
> >> By
> >> default, Administrators do not have permission to Send As other user OR
> >> open their mailboxes.
> >>
> >> Go to the properties of your Mailbox Store, Security Tab.  Please detail
> >> what rights the Administrator has, and if your normal user is also listed
> >> on
> >> this tab.
> >>
> >> Next...
> >>
> >> In Active Directory Users & Computers, go to the properties of the user
> >> you
> >> want people to Send As (call it user A).  Go to the security tab.  Is
> >> Administrator listed in there?  If so, what permissions?  Is the other
> >> user
> >> listed?  Which specific permissions?
> >>
> >> How are you trying to Send As?  Be as detailed as possible.  Are you
> >> using
> >> Outlook, displaying the From field, and choosing UserA as the From?  If
> >> it
> >> doesn't work, what error do you receive?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
henrikcj (18)
9/28/2006 5:50:27 PM
i Was wonderring, if i need to restart my server so the new settings
will take effect ?
Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
> Let me confirm that you are saying that you want user B to have rights to
> send as user A, and user B has Send As rights on user A's account in the
> Security tab.  Is that correct?
>
> Does any group to which user B belongs have Deny Send As set on user A's
> account?  To be sure, look at the Advanced view.
>
> Does Administrator or any group to which Administrator belongs have Send As
> on user A's account?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Okay here it is.
> >
> > On the security tap in "mailbox store" THe administrator has "Allow" in
> > all of them,  except "Special Permissions". My normal user was not
> > there-
> >
> > In Actice Directory on User A, The Administrator is not listed. But the
> > other user is. The permissions the user have is:
> > "Send As"
> >
> > The Way i am trying to make an "send as" is, by displaying the "from"
> > field i outlook, and type Users A email adress.
> > But, as you know, it does not work. But i'm getting this error message:
> > (translated from danish)
> > "You dont have permission to send this message. Contact the
> > systesmadministrator to get help
> >            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=peersflyttefirma:SERVER
> >

> > I hope this helps.
> >

> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] skrev:
> >
> >> You are going to have to provide more details on your permissions then.
> >> By
> >> default, Administrators do not have permission to Send As other user OR
> >> open their mailboxes.
> >>
> >> Go to the properties of your Mailbox Store, Security Tab.  Please detail
> >> what rights the Administrator has, and if your normal user is also listed
> >> on
> >> this tab.
> >>
> >> Next...
> >>
> >> In Active Directory Users & Computers, go to the properties of the user
> >> you
> >> want people to Send As (call it user A).  Go to the security tab.  Is
> >> Administrator listed in there?  If so, what permissions?  Is the other
> >> user
> >> listed?  Which specific permissions?
> >>
> >> How are you trying to Send As?  Be as detailed as possible.  Are you
> >> using
> >> Outlook, displaying the From field, and choosing UserA as the From?  If
> >> it
> >> doesn't work, what error do you receive?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
henrikcj (18)
9/28/2006 6:34:22 PM
No - you should not have to restart your server.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

>i Was wonderring, if i need to restart my server so the new settings
> will take effect ?
> Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
>> Let me confirm that you are saying that you want user B to have rights to
>> send as user A, and user B has Send As rights on user A's account in the
>> Security tab.  Is that correct?
>>
>> Does any group to which user B belongs have Deny Send As set on user A's
>> account?  To be sure, look at the Advanced view.
>>
>> Does Administrator or any group to which Administrator belongs have Send
>> As
>> on user A's account?
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Okay here it is.
>> >
>> > On the security tap in "mailbox store" THe administrator has "Allow" in
>> > all of them,  except "Special Permissions". My normal user was not
>> > there-
>> >
>> > In Actice Directory on User A, The Administrator is not listed. But the
>> > other user is. The permissions the user have is:
>> > "Send As"
>> >
>> > The Way i am trying to make an "send as" is, by displaying the "from"
>> > field i outlook, and type Users A email adress.
>> > But, as you know, it does not work. But i'm getting this error message:
>> > (translated from danish)
>> > "You dont have permission to send this message. Contact the
>> > systesmadministrator to get help
>> >            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=peersflyttefirma:SERVER
>> >

>> > I hope this helps.

0
Ben
9/28/2006 6:58:01 PM
Hey again.

I think it is working.
It seems like it will work, if i update the Global Adress list on the
outlook client. Do you know way it works like that?
It ought to bee said, that i have restaret the server.
Thanks for the help so faree

Ed Crowley [MVP] skrev:
> Let me confirm that you are saying that you want user B to have rights to
> send as user A, and user B has Send As rights on user A's account in the
> Security tab.  Is that correct?
>
> Does any group to which user B belongs have Deny Send As set on user A's
> account?  To be sure, look at the Advanced view.
>
> Does Administrator or any group to which Administrator belongs have Send As
> on user A's account?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Okay here it is.
> >
> > On the security tap in "mailbox store" THe administrator has "Allow" in
> > all of them,  except "Special Permissions". My normal user was not
> > there-
> >
> > In Actice Directory on User A, The Administrator is not listed. But the
> > other user is. The permissions the user have is:
> > "Send As"
> >
> > The Way i am trying to make an "send as" is, by displaying the "from"
> > field i outlook, and type Users A email adress.
> > But, as you know, it does not work. But i'm getting this error message:
> > (translated from danish)
> > "You dont have permission to send this message. Contact the
> > systesmadministrator to get help
> >            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=peersflyttefirma:SERVER
> >

> > I hope this helps.
> >

> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] skrev:
> >
> >> You are going to have to provide more details on your permissions then.
> >> By
> >> default, Administrators do not have permission to Send As other user OR
> >> open their mailboxes.
> >>
> >> Go to the properties of your Mailbox Store, Security Tab.  Please detail
> >> what rights the Administrator has, and if your normal user is also listed
> >> on
> >> this tab.
> >>
> >> Next...
> >>
> >> In Active Directory Users & Computers, go to the properties of the user
> >> you
> >> want people to Send As (call it user A).  Go to the security tab.  Is
> >> Administrator listed in there?  If so, what permissions?  Is the other
> >> user
> >> listed?  Which specific permissions?
> >>
> >> How are you trying to Send As?  Be as detailed as possible.  Are you
> >> using
> >> Outlook, displaying the From field, and choosing UserA as the From?  If
> >> it
> >> doesn't work, what error do you receive?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
henrikcj (18)
9/28/2006 7:00:53 PM
Hmm.... Do you have any idea what it could be then?
Because i don't whant to restart my server every time..

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> skrev i
en meddelelse news:O0OqGAz4GHA.900@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> No - you should not have to restart your server.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>i Was wonderring, if i need to restart my server so the new settings
>> will take effect ?
>> Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
>>> Let me confirm that you are saying that you want user B to have rights
>>> send as user A, and user B has Send As rights on user A's account in the
>>> Security tab.  Is that correct?
>>>
>>> Does any group to which user B belongs have Deny Send As set on user A's
>>> account?  To be sure, look at the Advanced view.
>>>
>>> Does Administrator or any group to which Administrator belongs have Send
>>> As
>>> on user A's account?
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley
>>> MVP - Exchange
>>> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>>>
>>> <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
henrikcj (18)

I do not have 'send as' rights for some email addresses!
Hello Good people, I am very confused. I use Exchange 2003 + SP2 with WIN2K3 + SP1. My problem is I cannot send as some mail addresses within my exchange organization. initially I gave myself 'send as' rights for some accounts, but i discovered I was not getting any results so I gave myself full rights for the entire mailstore(both public and private). Now I can send as some email addresses but cannot for email addresses belonging to some users and some mail enabled public folders. Pls. help needed urgently because we need to send mails out as this addresses. -- CCNA, MIEEE, MC...

Certain groups have "Send as" permission applied by default?
I just performed a clean install of Windows Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 on a new test domain. I have been examining the ACE's on default and new user object that I am creating in the directory and I'm finding that the following groups have the "Send As" permission: Administrators Domain Admins Enterprise Admins Account Operators As user accounts are created, these groups are given "Full" access to the object. The rights are not inherited. It seems to me that this constitutes a security risk. I do not want users in any of those groups, especially Accoun...

Send As not working properly
I have 2 account that are owners of the information store. They deliver voicemail messages and need send as permission to every mailbox. They work for about 95+% of the mailboxes. We have a few that it responds with you do not have send as permission. If I go to the security tab and add the account to have Send As it works as it should for that account. The second account still does not work at that time. Hi, Check if there is a 'Deny' setting active on the Send As permission for the accounts which do not get the permission and check if these accounts are member of a gro...

Send As a Contact
I have a need to send email using an external email address. This is because I work in two places. In exchange 2000 I created a contact with the external email address and put this in the From: field. I have done the same thing in Exchange 2003 and it does not allow this with a permission denied. I would appreciate some help. thank you Mark ...

Send As Not Working
I have Exchange 2003 SP1. I am trying to just give a user send as permission (not send on behalf). I have followed the steps in KB281208, KB327000, and various other web sites that say pretty much the same thing as those two articles but it is still not working. They just keep getting an error saying that they don't have permission. Is there some other little setting needed to get it to work? Hi Patrick, give them "send as" permission via the securtiy tab in the object. It´┐Żll take up to two hours til changes get effective, because the informationstore is caching access ri...

How to know who act as Send as
I have a group "A" which I enabled send as permission. This group consists of 4 people, may I know people who is actually send a message if they use send as "A" group? Thanks if a group of people has the right to "send as" a mailbox, there is no way to tell who sent a particular message... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Dwi" <dw_ay@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:E5118BC5-130B-4A44-8AD6-591DCCEC659C@microsoft.com... > I have a group "A" which I enabled send as permission. This group consists of > 4 people, may I know people who...

send as any email from internet ?
How to set Exchange to let single user send emails as any email address? I know what are the risk, but sometimes I need to send email from my private account, or just want to show that im not in that domain where exchange is. I found some anonymous mail program over internet, but i belive that exchange can do the same. Piotrek Create a Mail Enable Contact object for the email address you want to send as and grant send as right to your user account. However, many email systems now will check the PTR of your sending SMTP or check the SPF record of the sender's email domain. They will ...

send as, send behalf
Hello I Have distribution group SUPPORT, and is mail enabled mith mail is support@mymailserver.com, group contain 5 user, all user recive mails sendet to support@mymailserver.com, I grant send behalf (send as) permission to the selected users, and I need to user send mail from support@mymailserver.com How user can send mail from diferent user? What user must do in mail client software (Microsoft Outlook 2003, or Outlook Express 6.0) to sent as different user? Server side Windows Server 2003 ES Exchange Server 2003 E SP1 Users side Microsoft Outlook 2003, (Exchange) Armarn: Below ar...

Send As....??
Hello people... I'm trying to send an email as another user. I have added myself to the send as list. Here is the problem... When I send the email as someone else, it says "From Dan on behalf of..."! How can I get rid of "on behalf of"? Thank you! Thanks!! how did you add the permissions, and what version of Exchange? "Daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:734201c483d3$d1ce8fd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello people... > > I'm trying to send an email as another user. I have added > myself to the send as l...

Send as distribution Group e-mail
Hello all, I created some distribution groups to split some e-mails to more than one person. Now I want to send e-mails as if it's the distribution group e-mail adres. (send from in outlook) How can I do this (everytime I receive a permission denied) Thanx Mike van den Berg you need to open up the DL in ADU&C or in the 5.5 admin if thats what your using and open the DL go to the security tab and grant what accounts need the access to "send as" Philip Nunn "ijdea" <ijdea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9152E56-D6D4-4E60-9C17-1BD55D2...

Outlook - Rule Error
We recently updated our Exchange Server with SP2 and now we have a problem with some rules. Outlook rules that copy a message to a different folder produce the error message "Can Not Send as User". This happens on some messages, but not all. Any idea what this is or how to fix it? ...

Everyone can "Send As"
Anyone can go to Outlook, pick anyone from the GAL, put it into "From" field of Outlook and send an email. No delegation or anything like that has been configured to allow that. We have a pure Exchange 2003 network. Any idea? inappropriate (send as) permissions have been granted to "Everyone"...you'll need to track this down and find out where it was applied... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Xenna" <fasdf@fsdvelnasdf.com> wrote in message news:eAz4F5KwGHA.5056@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Anyone can go to Outlook, pick anyone from the GAL, put it in...

BUG: Exchange 2003
Microsoft MVP's or super heavy admins please send a URL to a site that you know works for this, pretty please. :) No one so far has come up with a solution that works on this and I just don't think it works. I did this all day on 2000 and even though the security tabs are there they just don't work right for 2003. If anyone knows differently please inform us b/c several people around the world are having the exact same problem. Please fix or post a link that actually has been proven to work. Have a great day! Paul Stephenson what do you mean by "they just don't w...

Send As permissions changing
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. I have a user who needs his assistant to send email as him. We are not interested in 'send on behalf of', only 'send as'. In AD i opened the user's object, clicked the security tab, clicked advanced, added his assistant and gave her 'send as' permissions. After a few minutes, I can re-open user object, and the assistant whom I just added is gone. I have tried giving her full mailbox rights, and a few minutes later those changes are gone. I mean the assistant's account is completely removed from th...

send as on sbs 2003
i have this problem. http://members.iinet.net.au/~chilenito/problem.htm and i need the file calld Addsendas.exe anyone knows were to get it from and how? thanks. you'll need to contact Microsoft for it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "c...

Send As instead of On Behalf Of
Where is the send as permission? I can find the On Behalf Of, but that is not what is needed. Exchange 2003 sp1/Outlook 2003 Thanks in advance, Rob it's on the Security tab of the AD user's properties...make sure your ADUC has "View Advanced Features" selected in the view... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Rob" <nothanks@nospam.com> wrote in message news:elXIdfD2GHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Where is the send as permission? I can find the On Behalf Of, but that is > not what is needed. > Exchange 2003 sp1/Outlook 2003 > Thanks in advance, ...

Send as permissions -Exch 2K3Sp1 disappears
I have a user who has to be in the domain admin's group (UserA) and I'm trying to give another user (UserB) send as" permissions, and I'm getting hosed by the adminSDholder thread removing "UserB" from the security tab of "UserA". I've read several Q articles on AdminSDHolder, and thus far I haven't got any of the proposed solutions to work on my testbed. If anyone's dealt with this scenario and got it to work with UserB added ONLY to UserA's ACL (not to the group or the whole domain), could you post a step by step method to fix this.. (ple...

Send As Permission for Admins
I have a BlackBerry Enterprise server established and I know about the security patch that MS installed to prevent domain admins from using another account to send email. Is there away around this so that I can send email from my BlackBerry? In news:OH3a$pPrGHA.4944@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Russ <tom@tom.com> typed: > I have a BlackBerry Enterprise server established and I know about the > security patch that MS installed to prevent domain admins from using > another account to send email. Is there away around this so that I > can send email from my BlackBerry? See ht...

Track a message that was sent as a Send As someone else???
I have a user that sent an inappropriate email using someone else's mailbox from there own (I'm thinking he used Send As). Is there any ways of tracking this on the server or his desktop? Exchange2003/OL2003 Message Tracking. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange-2003-Message-Tracking-Logging.html Oliver ...

Bug in outlook 2002 unable to send as a public folder (from filed missing / dimmed)
Hi all I would like to ask your help. Env: Exchange 2k outlook 2002 on w2k terminal server outlook 2002 on ordinary Xp workstation, and w2k prof workstation All sp and patch allpied The problem: I set on exch 2k pulic folder send as right to a test user. If this user try to send any post or reply on that public folder the from field (under view) nvisible. If i try to open a post I can see the from filed , but it is dimmed.(grayed out) No mater if outlook 2002 running on terminal, or XP - w2k workstation AD object right checked under exchange system objects with ADSI edit. all is well conf...

Granting "send as" permissions
Exchange 2k3 Enterprise SP1, in an active/passive 2 server cluster on Win2k3 enterprise. In a 2k3 domain. The 2k3 domain was recently upgraded to 2k3 ... and the upgrade was completed after the Exchange 2k3 upgrade .. Anyways .. We are now unable to grant or revoke the "send as" permissions as detailed in KB 327000 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327000). This is as opposed to the delegate "on behalf of" permission, which is working just fine and dandy. We *used* to be able to do this, but are no longer able to. The "send as" and "receive as&qu...

Specific steps to allowing receive as / send as for exmerge E2k3
Can someone tell me the exact specific steps to allowing "receive as" and "send as" for the "administrator" account as explained in Reference: (Exmerge rights for moving a mailbox to a pst file) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273642 Not a administrator type so need some help here! Thx http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 Receive As should show up first in the list of permissions, Send As is in the same place. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "T...

Send as permission doesn't wotk
I have configured a DL with permission to "Send as" for a mailbox. I read, that we have to wait 120 mins. to the Information Store updates. After several tests, the problem still ocurrs when trying to send email from the mailbox granted the "Send as" permission: "The user has no permission to send messages" Try this a. Start Exchange System Manager. To do this, click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager. b. Expand Servers, expand the server that you want, expand the storage group that ...

"send as"
I k now in outlook 2000 under view you can select "send as" and be able to send mail out as another user that you have rights to do this as. I cannot for the life of me find the option in 2002. I know you can set up a second account in the profile and have the option but this is not what I am looking for. Anyone know where it is. I could have sworn I found it before but am going nuts. Brian You use the From field to do a Send As or Send on Behalf Of. "Brian Baff" <blkrnbw@blackrainbow.com> wrote in message news:00c501c3673c$a420d660$a401280a@phx.gbl... ...

Exchange 2003 "Send as" Right Problem
We upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 a while back, and eventually got off of 5.5 and went native. We are also on Windows 2003 AD in native mode. Our problem is that anyone in the Domain admins group can send as anyone in the company which was not the case with exchange 5.5. Does anyone knows how to prevent it? This problem as been around since Exchange 2000. To my knowledge, there are no workarounds ( that 'feature' is built deeply in the store code and seems to be very hard to get rid of). I'll be glad the day it will no longer work... "Pankaj" <Pankaj@di...