need Help for Migration Exchange 5.5

Hello NG,

we`ve the following Configuration :

- Exchange 5.5 with SP4
- single Winwos 2000 DC
- configured both side ADC

a new Hardware should be used for an Exchange 2003 and second DC.

next steps i would do as following :

- Update ADC Version with Exchange 2003 ADC
- running Exchange 2003 forestprep, then domainprep, an after all
running setup to install Exchange 2003 in the same organization, site
- replicate system Folders and public Folders
- moving all Mailboxes to the Exchange 2003 Store
- configure the Exchange 2003 virtual SMTP Server to send outgoing
Mail
- reconfigure the Firewall for incoming Mail
- removing Exchange 5.5 Server from the site

but what about the ADC, can i remove the ADC after all Public Folders
and Mailboxes are migrated ?

are the listed Steps correct...or is something missing ?

thx for help

Exchange 2003 Queue problem
My internal mail MS 2003 server - users being authenticated by the DC/DNS - has on occasion stopped sending messages? What I have done, a couple of times now, is re-start the Exchange Server (I have stopped and re-started services with on luck!). After re-starting all works just fine! Is anyone else running into this problem and might you know what is causing it? Thanks ahead. What does the SMTP protocol log say? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in messag...

Exchange Calendar integration with WSS, 2 new ideas, need feedback
I have posted in the past for help with resolving the following scenario: Windows 2003 WSS WIndows 2003 w/ Exchange 2003 Windows XP SP2 clients Office 2003 sp1 http://intranet is the top level site, with each department having their own subsite http://intranet/<dept>. Each department site has an events calendar. Each department has a designated user responsible for the calendar. Using Side-by-side calendaring a user CAN drag from the Sharepoint calendar onto their personal calendar. HOWEVER, users CAN NOT create an event in Outlook and Drag to the sharepoint calendar. Because this...

CRM 3.0 Email Router for Exchange 2007
I know that there's an updated email router (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f7656f0f-4195-4a7d-b654-2786787e1422&displaylang=en) that provides support for Exchange 2007. But that router only supports running on an Exchange 2003 or 2000 server. Is there any update on when an email router might be released that supports a 2007 only environment? We have migrated off of 03, and would like to not have to keep that server around solely for this functionality. Thanks in advance. Rich Williams Amos Data Systems ...

Hotmail Problem Please Help
I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 2003 Server. I also have ISA 2000 on the same box. Everything is working fine. The problem I am having is getting mail out to a hotmail address. When I send then mail, I see it sits in the Queue for less then a minute then disappears. It never makes it to the Hotmail address nor do I get any return errors back in my client indicating the mail never made it to its destination. On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:51:04 -0800, "Kevin Mc" <Kevin Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 200...

help for sql select command !!!
Hi Everyone! Imagine we have 3 checkBoxes in a search page and 3 boolean fields in DB table and every checkbox is for one of these fields . In search page users check every 3 checkBoxes and what i want is that first it shows the records that every their 3 fields are checked then 2 and then 1(DESC). BTW my DB is MS Access. Please help me ! On Mar 1, 7:17=A0pm, "miladha...@gmail.com" <miladha...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Everyone! > Imagine we have 3 checkBoxes in a search page and 3 boolean fields in > DB table and every checkbox is for one of these fields . I...

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

Error in Exchange 5.5 Public Folder access via Outlook 2000
Hi We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4, with the May 2004 rollup (841765 - Store.exe and Mdbmsg.dll = 5.5.2658.4) Outlook 2003 clients can access a shared Public Folders contacts list fine through the Address Book application, but Outlook 2000 users can't. Both groups can see and manipulate the actual folder OK, it's just the Address Book that's not working (either through the Address Book icon, or through creating a new mail and clicking on the "To" button and selecting the folder from there). Outlook 2000 users see a blank list, with the slider on the right siz...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Need specific tick marks on Y axis
I am sure this is probably something really easy, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure it out. I tick marks on the y axis from 0 to mark 260 and 420. The biggest that I would need is 600, but I must have the 260 and 420 marked. How do I do that? I tried to change the minor/major things, but that didn't work out. I am trying to chart my peak flow readings for my asthma, and the 420 and 260 designate the zone lines of how bad my asthma is. Thanks in advance! ") You can put "ticks" wherever you want following this procedure: http://peltiertech.com...

moving exchange 5.5 server to a different domain
I have an exchange 5.5 site with 3 servers in it. They are NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 They are all in domain a. There is a two way trust with domain a and domain b. I need to move one of the servers from domain a to domain b. Since I have permissions via the trust to the exchange services site acct. , is this as easy as removing the server from domain a and adding it to domain b, then bringing exchange services back up? Or is there a set procedure that should be followed? "=?Utf-8?B?Y2dsYWR5MjAwMA==?=" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1A7E7702-914A-...

My Exchange tabs are missing on my =?windows-1252?Q?DC=92s=2E?=
I have a new setup with 3 servers. Two domain controllers (windows 2003 std R2) One Exchange Std 2003 (not a DC only a member server.) If I create a new user on the exchange server, the wizard ends up creating an email address. If I do that on one of the DCs it just creates a user with no email. I have exchange tabs on the exchange server but not on the DCs. Everything during exchange install went well, but have I done anything wrong? There was a warning once telling me that this version on exchange could have problems with the windows version I am using. Is there a problem with Windows ...

More Formula Help
Hi again, I am trying to reconfigure my formula so that if A2 is EXACTLY equal to any cell in the range B2 to B5, display a 1 in cell C2, else display a 0 in cell C2. Am I close with these formulas??? =SUM(EXACT(A2,"*"&$B$2:$B$5&"*"),1,0) =IF(EXACT(A2,"*"&$B$2:$B$5&"*"),1,0) ...

I need help on this ....
Production data Sheet _______________ Job no time 1001 60 1001 50 1001 40 1002 30 1003 50 1003 30 1004 10 Price data Sheet ____________ Job no Price 1001-1003 100 1004 200 1005-1007 500 Merge Data (This is what i wanted) ______________________________ Job no time Price 1001 60 $23.08 1001 50 $19.23 1001 40 $15.38 1002 30 $11.54 1003 50 $19.23 1003 30 $11.54 1004 10 I have 5k rows of data. How can i merge production data and price data together based on the job No Where does 23.08 etc. come from? -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should b...

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

MFC SMTP Server and Exchange server on one network
I have a Canon MFC that is supposed to send scanned documents by email to recipients in house. All was working fine until I installed an SBS Exchange server on site. Formerly the MFC was sending emails to their ISPs email server from where they would POP it. This mechanism still works in spite of me setting the Pri DNS to the Exchange Server. Not too clear on all this but if someone could outline the steps of having both Exchange and the MFC SMTP servers running on the same network so the MFC server sends the emails to the Exchange server, I would be much obliged. Regards, fredblah If th...

adding additional attributes not working with exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm still learning and have approx. 10 scripts that do what I need them to do, but now Boss wants exports to include either sAMAccountName, or legacyExchangeDN, or mailNickname? I have tried to include those attributes and I'm assuming because they are not in the same class is why they are not retrieving the data. I"m hoping someone will be able to help me figure this out. Thanks, J0seg I know...it would help if I show you the script I currently have... $day = Get-Date -UFormat "%Y%m%d" $computers = "exch02","exch03" G...

Where's Exchange 2000 version info?
What are the steps you take to find Exchange 2000 version information? Start Exchange System Manager, go into Administrative Groups, expand servers, right click on the server in question and choose properties. Version info is on the General Tab "Rwh5757" <Rwh5757@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:457A5BEE-286C-4261-B491-A9CD83141808@microsoft.com... > What are the steps you take to find Exchange 2000 version information? ...

CRM Exchange Email Router wont install
I have CRM server installed on machine "A", the DataBase on Machine "B" and now i want to install the Exchange Email Router on Machine "c". I was previosly installed on machine "C", it was uninstalled and now i get the following error when trying to reinstall on "C": --------------------------- Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router Setup --------------------------- One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privileges on that server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and...

Cannot access a file -- HELP
I have this problem at work (using Excel 2000 Windows 2000) and at home (Excel 2003, Windows XP Pro). SOMETIMES...not always, I try to access a file on a network drive I get the message: "path..filename could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name and verify that the file location is correct". Once I get the message on that file, I always get it on the file....but there might be 27 others in the same folder that I can open. And I get the message if I try to open the file via explorer or via Excel. If I copy the file to my C: drive it opens fine. I even tried t...

Exchange #7
I am running Small Business Server 2003, how can I tell for sure which version of exchange I have? Any help would be great, -budding IT enthusiast Hi, Try this link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158530 "Bruno" wrote: > I am running Small Business Server 2003, how can I tell > for sure which version of exchange I have? Any help would > be great, > -budding IT enthusiast > ...

Help GroupWise Plugin for Outlook
Anyone know if Outlook 2003 can be used as a client for GroupWise? There used to be a plug in module for older version of outlook. I know that OL can POP mail from GW, but my company has POP disabled. Any advice appreciated. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

New to Exchange Server. Help!
Exchange Server 2003. Dear group: I have installed Exchange Server on my new Windows 2003 Server. Now what? I have no documentation (none came with the Small Business Server 2003 Premium CDs that I could find). I need an administrator's guide with setup instructions. Let me vent somewhat . . . Why does Microsoft sell these products to small nonprofits like us and expect us to use them without some documentation? If I have missed something, please let me know. I will gladly eat crow. God bless and thanks for any help. -- Dr. Doug Pruiett Good News Jail & Prison Ministry...

Circular reference help
Hello, does anyone know whether it is possible to stop Excel 2007 from firing up Help whenever it gets a circular reference, please? I have some spreadsheets which, after updating data-links, form circular references. This is easily corrected by moving some totals in line with the updated data. I don't disagree with Excel prompting me that the circular references exist but I do not want it to fire up the help system. I know the issue and I am just about to fix it, the only thing delaying me is the Help window getting in the way. Regards Chris easiest way is Office button/Excel Optio...

SAP connector to Exchange 2003
Hello I need to connect SAP 4.6c with Exchange 2003....this connection can be made with a simple SMPT connector or I need something else... Where I can found information to make this connection?.. thx. ...