Need Advise for Two Email Domains

Hello--

We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually
switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we
want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new
address.

I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email
internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our
website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we
still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the
outside.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for how I might troubleshoot this
issue?

Many thanks,

sd
0
razor (70)

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:57:02 -0700, razor
<razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello--
>
>We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually
>switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we
>want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new
>address.
>
>I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email
>internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our
>website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we
>still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the
>outside.
>
>Can anyone point me in the right direction for how I might troubleshoot this
>issue?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>sd

DId you add the new domain to your recipient policies in ESM?
0
adavid (8731)
6/28/2006 5:00:24 PM
Razor,

You are going to have to add the new domain to your recipeint policy.  The
following article should get you headed in the right direction.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q268838&sd=tech

Hope this helps,

Kalvin

"razor" wrote:

> Hello--
>
> We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually
> switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we
> want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new
> address.
>
> I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email
> internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our
> website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we
> still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the
> outside.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction for how I might troubleshoot this
> issue?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> sd
Yes, we have the entry in the recipient policies. Good thinking though. Can
you think of anything else it might be?

sd

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:57:02 -0700, razor
> <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello--
> >
> >We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually
> >switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we
> >want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new
> >address.
> >
> >I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email
> >internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our
> >website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we
> >still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the
> >outside.
> >
> >Can anyone point me in the right direction for how I might troubleshoot this
> >issue?
> >
> >Many thanks,
> >
> >sd
>

> DId you add the new domain to your recipient policies in ESM?

0
razor (70)
6/28/2006 8:46:02 PM
Razor,

After you added the new domain to your Recipient policy did you check the
box next to it to activate it?

Hope this helps,

Kalvin

"razor" wrote:

> Yes, we have the entry in the recipient policies. Good thinking though. Can
> you think of anything else it might be?
>
> sd
>
> "Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:57:02 -0700, razor
> > <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hello--
> > >
> > >We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually
> > >switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we
> > >want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new
> > >address.
> > >
> > >I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email
> > >internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our
> > >website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we
> > >still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the
> > >outside.
> > >
> > >Can anyone point me in the right direction for how I might troubleshoot this
> > >issue?
> > >
> > >Many thanks,
> > >
> > >sd
> >

> > DId you add the new domain to your recipient policies in ESM?

Yes, all this was done, but still nothing and no NDR is being sent out. I am
going to troubleshoot our spam filter and see if it is getting hung up there.

Thanks to both of you.

sd

"Kalvin Koether" wrote:

> Razor,
>
> You are going to have to add the new domain to your recipeint policy.  The
> following article should get you headed in the right direction.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q268838&sd=tech
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Kalvin
>
> "razor" wrote:
>
> > Hello--
> >
> > We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually
> > switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we
> > want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new
> > address.
> >
> > I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email
> > internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our
> > website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we
> > still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the
> > outside.
> >
> > Can anyone point me in the right direction for how I might troubleshoot this
> > issue?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > sd
0
razor (70)
6/28/2006 9:41:02 PM
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:41:02 -0700, razor
<razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes, all this was done, but still nothing and no NDR is being sent out. I am
>going to troubleshoot our spam filter and see if it is getting hung up there.
>
>Thanks to both of you.

Is there a SMTP gateway/relay between you and the Internet?

>sd
>
>"Kalvin Koether" wrote:
>
>> Razor,
>>
>> You are going to have to add the new domain to your recipeint policy.  The
>> following article should get you headed in the right direction.
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q268838&sd=tech
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Kalvin
>>
>> "razor" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello--
>> >
>> > We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually
>> > switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we
>> > want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new
>> > address.
>> >
>> > I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email
>> > internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our
>> > website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we
>> > still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the
>> > outside.
>> >
>> > Can anyone point me in the right direction for how I might troubleshoot this
>> > issue?
>> >
>> > Many thanks,
>> >
>> > sd
0
adavid (8731)
6/28/2006 10:09:34 PM
Yes, we have a PIX firewall, and that forwards all email to our spam server.
Our ISP added another MX record for the new domain so it will go to our
gateway.

sd

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:41:02 -0700, razor
> <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes, all this was done, but still nothing and no NDR is being sent out. I am
> >going to troubleshoot our spam filter and see if it is getting hung up there.
> >
> >Thanks to both of you.
> >

> Is there a SMTP gateway/relay between you and the Internet?
>
> >sd
> >
> >"Kalvin Koether" wrote:
> >
> >> Razor,
> >>
> >> You are going to have to add the new domain to your recipeint policy.  The
> >> following article should get you headed in the right direction.
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q268838&sd=tech
> >>
> >> Hope this helps,
> >>
> >> Kalvin

0
razor (70)
6/28/2006 10:29:02 PM
Razor,

If you telent to your Exchange 2k3 server and send a test message manually
to this new domain on your server can you send that message successfully?  Do
they get it?  Can you send to this domain internally and get it deliverd?

Hope this helps,

Kalvin

"razor" wrote:

> Yes, we have a PIX firewall, and that forwards all email to our spam server.
> Our ISP added another MX record for the new domain so it will go to our
> gateway.
>
> sd
>
> "Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:41:02 -0700, razor
> > <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Yes, all this was done, but still nothing and no NDR is being sent out. I am
> > >going to troubleshoot our spam filter and see if it is getting hung up there.
> > >
> > >Thanks to both of you.
> > >

> > Is there a SMTP gateway/relay between you and the Internet?
> >
> > >sd

Merge to email w/Word and Outlook 2002 security issue
I am trying to merge email using Word and Outlook 2002. This merge consists of about 3000 recipients. When I commence the merge I get an Outlook Security warning that tells me that some outside program is trying to send email using my Outlook profile and I have to click Yes or No. It procedes to ask me for ever single recipient... I'm not going to sit there and say yes for 3000 people. Do you know of a setting somewhere that I can change to not ask me everytime? Thanks, Brian What service pack(s) have you applied? Did you choose HTML as the message format for the merge? -- ...

How do i stop an email being marked as read when i click 'Print'?
Hi There, Whenever i click on an new email (not double click) and click the print icon, it prints a copy of the email but it also marks that email as read, which is what i dont want. I know about the Reading Pane options but the option there is not option for this there. Is there a way for emails not to be marked as read once you print them? Kind regards Liz No, that is not possible with the built-in printing function of Outlook. A printing add-in might show different behavior though. You might want to try their trial first. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printi...

Activity report
I'm trying to write a report showing completed activities for users and another for accounts (clients). Boy, is it ugly! In version 1.2, with Crystal Reports, the HTML emails looked just fine -- it would format the HTML with no problem. How do I get the same result with SSRS? (version 2000) Thanks, Karla you mean you are trying to report on the contents of an email activity? If so this cannot be done without some custom solution, its also logged as a bug. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowe...

CRM Email Router #3
Hello, I configured a Workflow in CRM. The workflow is simply a rule where it sends an email everytime a new CRM order is created. I created this work flow from the CRM server using a CRM administrator profile. It does work, but the email notification is not consistent. I realized that it works whenever I have my Outlook client open on the CRM server. If the Outlook client is off, the email notification does not work. How can I get my email notification to work if my Outlook client is closed or if the server is logged off? I do have the email router installed, but not sure how to conf...

Tips and tutorials needed
Hi. I've posted a couple of times already in the past couple of days, so accept my apologies for bugging you if you've seen my request already, but I'm putting together a blog or Excel tips, tricks and tutorials and need some more input. The site is http://teachr.blogspot.com . If you have any tutorials of your own on Excel then please email your ideas or your tutorials to me at mattyboy150279@gmail.com and I'll consider adding them. Also if you have any ideas for tutorials that would be good on the site, please also drop me a line or respond to this topic. Ideas include:- ...

Administrator email account sending external msgs???
My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open relay, so how is this possible? Paul wrote: > My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator > account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal > ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to > send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open > relay, so how is this possible? Probably bou...

need age in future year
I'm a new user and need help. I have a column with dates of birth (xx/xx/xx) and want to know the age (in years only) that each person will be by the end of 2010. Then I want to indicate "yes" if they will be 65 or older by that time. Thanks! -- MEJ Put the measurement in a cell (i'll use D1) Put the DOB in Cells D2 and below To calculate the age of the person on line 2, enter the formula D$1-D2 in Cell E2 Format Cell E2 to be Custom and use the masking of YY Put the measurement in a cell (i'll use D1) Put the DOB in Cells D2 and below To calculate the age of ...

Email restriction
A few days ago I asked if Icould restrict certain people from sending to our everyone email account and I was advised how to do this in the Exchange General tab. My question today is: Is there a way to allow our authenticated users and those authenticated users of another domain in our forest, ONLY? Kathy If you allow only authenticated users to send/receive mail between domains .... will this not stop emails coming in from the internet???????? Normally setting to receive mail from authenticated users only is a best practise for Distribution Lists. "Kathy" wrote: ...

Removing non-existent DC from 2000 Domain
Hello, We have a Windows 2000 domain with 2 DC. One of them crashed and we bought a new hardware and Windows 2003 Server to replace it. But I can't in no way to remove the account of the failed DC from AD and when I try to add the new server with the same name as the failed one into the domain, I got an error: "The specified user already exists" Do one knows how can I remove all data, related to the failed DC from AD, so I could add a new DC with the same name? I have already used NTDSUTIL and removed the failed server from the site, but it seems this is not enough. Thanks, G...

Sending emailes from Access
Once i week i would like an easy way from access to send out a a email to some customer that query will find. Whats the eaasyest wasy to send a email to about 20- 30 people, the email will be the same to every one, I know i could go throught outlook and do a mail merge but is there a way i can just have a button on a access form that will automatical send out an email to lots of people Thanks very much Any help would be great Best Regards Simon Dickson Poke around the Access EMail FAQ that Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm. There's likely something there...

Email to Quote not working...
Here are the steps we have taken to make email - to - queue work, yet is has not: 1) created a new user in AD which will be the public email for our users, namely: AALSupport@CRM.local 2) Ensured an email box was created for this new acct. 3) Created a 3rd Acct which will be the forwarded to acct: CRMMBX@CRM.local 4) Configured properties to include the mailbox rights for SELF were a) Read b) Full Mailbox Access c) Associated Ext. Acct. 5) Added the two new users to the CRM. 6) Ran the Rule Deployment Wizard and typed in "CRMMBX@CRM.local" in the box. ...

Ol 2000 email settings
If I configured my outlook 2000 using co-operate or workgroup mail service, with 1 exchange mail account and 2 pop email account from external email service ( like attglobal email etc ). Am I allow to select from which email account I can send from? how to if is yes? Thanks for advice. OL2000 ...

How can I forward an email as attachment in 2003
Hi Could anybody please tell me how to send emails as attachments in Outlook 2003? Thank you, Paul -- Paulobrien29 Make a new email and then use Insert Item to insert the email you want to send. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Paulobrien29" <Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com... > > Hi > > Could anybody please tell m...

Entourage Email replies appearing at bottom of recipients email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I reply to someone they only see my signature at the top, the content of my email is at the bottom of their original email and have to scroll down to read my message. I would prefer that they could see my message and signature together at the top of the email when they open it. (is that decipherable) On 3/9/10 5:58 PM, natstar@officeformac.com wrote: > When I reply to someone they only see my signature at the top, the > content of my email is at the bottom of their original emai...

emailing spreadsheet within excel
I have a user that has sent her spreadsheet as an attachment using the Send To Function. We use Outlook. Now, it seems as if the Send To option has lost its settings and is now trying to set up an Internet account instead of using the Microsoft Exchange Settings. Anyone know how to reset the Send To settings in Excel? Thanks! ...

OWA authentication default domain
I'm running Exchange 2003 OWA. The exchange server is sitting behind a firewall, we are port forwarding web traffic to the exchange server. Users are getting asked for username/password, but are getting rejected when they do no enter the domain before the username (e.g. DOMAIN\username. I've set the default domain within IIS (using ESM), and we are NOT USING FORMS-BASED AUTHENTICATION. any ideas? thanks Andrew. Are you using a sigle server configuration or front-end/back-end? What kinds of authentication methods are enabled on the Exchange virtual dir? -- Blog "subject: exc...

Sharing chart on two pages
Hello, I have a worksheet where I put some datas and then under this datas is a chart. Place taken by this data isn't static - once there is more datas and the other time there is more datas. I have problem with this chart, because sometimes chart is shared between two pages on printing. Is there a possibility to use something like property "keep together" in crystal reports where object is printed whole on one page (if there is no enough place it's started pritnting on next page)? Maybe somebody knows how to do it in macro if there is no appropriote property -- Bes...

time/date stamp on email
i used microsoft outlook for email. i sent an email to another outlook user and i wanted to find out if he's read it or not. is there any way to view the time/date that the person reads the email ? if you requested a read receipt and if the recipient uses a program that is capable of replying, yes. otherwise, no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

Info needed on developing outlook addins
To enhance my web based services/application further, I want to develop add-in for outlook, here is a brief on what it will be like 1) it will have a button somewhere on outlook main toolbar 2) and on mail composing toolbar as well 3) when the button is clicked it will open up a form (or multiple forms) to take further input from user. 4) and based on input will compose the email automatically 5) finally queue it up for sending I am advance level c# developer but am new to office developments, I saw a lot of articles on internet on how to do what I need, but before diving into the coding ...

How do I check my email on another computer?
"LalaBobo" <LalaBobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADEB55F-1548-4A75-92FF-5D119532C946@microsoft.com... Go to it? <g> -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all businesses http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment bookings for your meeting/class over the web. http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace, send newsletters Is it ISP mail (your ISP will have details) or a web based service like Yahoo or Hotmail? -- Mike Hall MS-MVP Windows ...

Need help with a formula 01-23-10
I am looking for a formula that will compute an average of a number of non contiguous cells such as G8, G16, G24, G36, etc. Each of these cells has a formula which computes an average of a range of cells. With the helpm of this forum, I have been able to find a formula which does that AND uses values only when they are greater than zero and does not display #DIV/0!. But I cannot fin a fromula that will do the next step- Take an average of those specific cells AND use only the ones where the cell is >0, Example G8=100, G16=85, G24 is blank, G36=75, then this formula would ca...

Does GP need its own instance?
Hello, We were recently adviced that we should consolidate our SQL Server 2003 instances except for applications that use the system databases. Does Great Plains make any changes that might interfere with other applications on the same instance? Thanks, -- Brian Francis Not that I am aware of. We have had plenty of apps share with GP instances. I do however prefer it to be alone because if we have to stop and start SQL services we only have to worry about the GP users "bfrancis" wrote: > Hello, > > We were recently adviced that we should consolidate our SQL Serv...

Multiple email
Hi Could the same account/contact have multiple email address. If so,how do we seperate the email address by semicolon or comma? Any body has had this thought? Please share. Thanks I would organize my data so that an Account is the company and for each email address I would make a child Contact for that account. If you have one contact that has multiple email addresses, you can add them to a custom field on the contact form, but you won't be able to use them to send email from within CRM since CRM uses only a contact's primary email address. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.bl...

How do I calculate the percentage of email i receive over time
I would like to find a formula that calculates the amount of emails i receive, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly -- pearl Assuming the total number of emails in A1 and the beginning date for the period in B1: =A1/(YEAR(NOW())-YEAR(B1)+1) gives average per year =A1/INT(NOW() - B1) gives average per day =A1/INT(NOW() - B1)*7 gives average per week =A1/(((YEAR(NOW())-YEAR(B1))*12)+MONTH(NOW())) will give you average per month "Pearl" wrote: > I would like to find a formula that calculates the amount of emails i > receive, daily, weekly, monthly, and ye...

Blocking Unwanted Email
Is there a way to block unwanted email, spam, etc. from reaching my inbox? I've been using the junk email feature, but it only seems to be able to screen a few of the senders you identify. CVB What version of Outlook? Outlook's mail rules only act on mail after download so the mail will be delivered to your in-box. Rules take over from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no a...