Name NOT Show in Global Address List

Hi all,

I'm running SBS 2003 with exchange 2003 server. Recently, I hided one of the
user on our exchange server so that the name won't show in the GAL. Now I'd
like to show this person name on the GAL, but it's not showing up. I double
checked to make sure the "hide from gal" is not check.

What should I do? Please Help !!
Thanks in advance,

Ed
0
Ed4190 (308)

Ed wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running SBS 2003 with exchange 2003 server. Recently, I hided one
> of the user on our exchange server so that the name won't show in the
> GAL. Now I'd like to show this person name on the GAL, but it's not
> showing up. I double checked to make sure the "hide from gal" is not
> check.
>
> What should I do? Please Help !!
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ed

How long did you wait, and are your users running Outlook 2003 in cached
mode?

0
lanwench (7567)

Deleting records off Inventory Transfer/Pick List
Is there a way to select multiple records for delete off of an inventory transfer worksheet (worksheet 330)? We are using this worksheet to create a 'picking list' to transfer inventory from one store to another. When this worksheet runs, we end up with a great number of items that are value '0' Qty or '-' (negative) Qty at source. Before the worksheet can be approved, all of these lines have to be deleted, one at a time. The worksheet window does not allow for selection of multiple records. This can be hundreds of records and therefore is very time consuming. ...

How do I print a select number of address records from Access
I'm trying to print just a select number of records for a mailing that I'm doing. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks. On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:23:04 -0800, robbie6 <robbie6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to print just a select number of records for a mailing that I'm >doing. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks. Create a Query based on the table containing the addresses (and perhaps other tables). View the query's Properties (with the View menu item, or rightclick the background behind the table icons and sele...

Pivot table chart problem, How to show different subtotal levels
Hi, Using Excel 2003, I have a pivot table using external data via ODBC. I have a chart based on my pivot table. The table and chart are working correctly. The PTcontains two levels of sales subtotals 1st level is by county 2nd level is by state. My client is telling me that the data in the chart is too detailed. He wants to have the both levels of subtotals in the PT, but only the county subtotals in the chart. If I delete the county sales subtotals from the chart, they are also deleted from the PT. Is it possible for the chart to be based on the PT and not show ...

comparing lists #2
Hi, I have two lists, placed in two different sheets in the same workbook. Now we want a new list that does only contain those items that are in both lists. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance! Check out this site of Chip Pearson. Scroll down to "D", and see all the options referring to duplicates. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Prixton" <prixt0n@netscape.net> wro...

Cannot resolve names to new users
Situation: EX2k on W2k svr. There is a DC svr, a file/app svr and the EX svr. I replaced the old EX server(1 Oct) and kept name the same per Q297289. Mail is flowing. Now the Domain Administrator mail account does not resolve. New user account names do not resolve either. I noticed in license manager that a second instance of Exchange2k is showing and transferred the licenses to it. The original instance is: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server the newly installed instance is MSExchangeIS 6.4417 All updates and sp's were applied before bringing the new server online. Today I ra...

Counting no of days of a specific range of days from a list
I have a date range from month first to end of month. I want to count no of entries from that list which range from 10th to 15th. For eg. a list starting from 01.11.2009 to 30.11.2009. I want to count no of entries of date range from 15.11.2009 to 20.11.2009. Please help me.... Assume that you are having the Dates in A Column and do you want to get the number of days between 15.11.2009 to 20.11.2009. =VALUE(TEXT(DAY(COUNTIF(A:A,">"&DATE(2009,11,14))-COUNTIF(A:A,">"&DATE(2009,11,20))),"#########")) In your example the dates are entere...

Outlook 2003: My "auto suggest" email address does not work after reboot
Running Windows 7 HP 64. After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. Never had that happened before. ??? "Hotkey" <noway@notnow.com> wrote in message news:OPqTXyHaKHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Running Windows 7 HP 64. > > After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I > start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. > > Never had that happened before. This is a sighn...

Excel Lists Dependencies
Hi All, i have a problem to solve: I want users to be able to pick a project from a list (no problem) and then i want excel to pick the project number according to the project name automatically from a list. To make my problem clear let's say a user picks Project A from a drop down list in cell A1, then I want excel to display the correct project number in cell B1 automatically. Not all employees know projects by name in our company hence this idea. The best would be to store the project number in a list similar to a list used for drop down menus. The projects change and so do the projec...

Distribution lists won't expand?
Beginning two days ago, local distribution lists on one of our workstations no longer expand into individual emails. By this I mean there is no longer a '+' beside the list in the "To:" field. Also, the server rejects the email with the following message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '1st Year Candidates 2009' on 2/26/2010 12:39 PM 501 <1st Year Candidates 2009>: "@" or "." expected after "1st" I can open these lists and view each of the individual contacts, update them and e...

How do I create custom border using peoples names?
There are many it could be done. I'd set up text boxes and go from there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF16BB3-4C90-4E05-B0AA-303874A445AA@microsoft.com... > In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as well as save as an image. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. &...

Publisher 2003 Not Showing Graphics (Pictures)
OK, this is just too weird. Two computers, both running Publisher 2003. On #1, all graphics load and everything is fine. On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. So what happened last week? Why some pictures and not others? I emptied out temp folders, switched the "View" settings for pictures, but I'm not sure what to try next. Any suggestions? Wayne Day wrote: > On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing > up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. > ...

color list view
hi can i use thread to change the color of the list view with the OnNMCustomdraw and how can i do it ùthanks All this should be done on the same thread where the control was created. Why would you want a separate thread anyway? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "mido1971" <jan_mido_2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:439D8B44-5A8B-4FC8-99E4-D7A62E510E3B@microsoft.com... > hi > can i use thread to change the color of the list view with the > OnNMCustomdraw and how can i do it �thanks i need an another thread because i have in the list view lo...

distribution list #6
While in my "in-box" folder is it possible to create a distribution list from all the e-mail addresses that are ;ocated in the "to" field without copying or typing each ail box one by one? Many thanks, James Not natively. There are probably some third party apps that can do this. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "james" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:027d01c39987$d76bd970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > While in my "in-box" folder is it possible to create a > distribution list from all the e-mail addresses that > ar...

Create a Group Mailing List
I have created mail groups in the past, but now cannot. I have also read all the directions on this message board, but nothing works for me. Help! Why can't you? Are you missing the buttons on the toolbar? Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar Vista - "New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Button Missing http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/186477-new-contact-new-contact-group-button-missing.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, ...

Changing Entity Name
We need to change the wording from "Account" to "Customer". can we do that? On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 02:15:03 -0700, Shawki <Shawki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We need to change the wording from "Account" to "Customer". can we do that? Not possible in CRM I'm afraid! You will be able to do this in the next version of CRM, 3.0. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Shawki" wrote: > We need to change the wording from "Account" to "Customer". can we do that? This is possible. Unsupported t...

a tool graphically showing classes' relation...
Hi, Does VC++ 2005 provide a feature/tool that can "graphically" show the relations (aggregation, inheritance, etc) among classes in a project? That is, a tool that can draw a class structrue diagram, allowing developers easily understand the whole project. Thank you for any information. JD >Does VC++ 2005 provide a feature/tool that can "graphically" show the >relations (aggregation, inheritance, etc) among classes in a project? > That is, a tool that can draw a class structrue diagram, allowing >developers easily understand the whole project. ...

label points with names on excel graph
I have an XY scatter graph where the X value is in column C, the Y value is in column D, and the identifying label I want on that point (a letter) is in column A. I had this working once, but have forgotten how. My old example has become damaged (letters on the wrong points) and I want to recreate the effect. Any ideas? If no ideas, where is it best to find the answer? -- TomsLibrary Use one of these free utilities: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and...

Sorting a Name Field
I have "inherited" a database where the Name field contains both the first name and last name in the same field. I am trying to sort the field, but can only sort it by first name. Does anyone know of a way to: #1 - sort this field so it is sorted by last name first; and/or #2 - separate this field into a first name and last name so I do not have to go through this every time. I appreciate any assistance! RS, You will be able to do this so you get it right for *most* records, by splitting the data on the space between the first name and last name. However, if it is ...

Named pipes and TCP/IP
Question: We are running RMS Dynamics 2.0 with all updates and SQL 2005 Express. Is it still necessay to enable namedpipes and TCP/IP under the Client network utility as it is now set in SQL 2005 configuration manager? We are experiencing some database connections issues on startup and occasionaly when the internet connection closes. Thanks in advance Paul Houston Eastern National POS Support I'd love to have an answer to this question as well. "Paul Houston / Eastern National" wrote: > Question: > We are running RMS Dynamics 2.0 with all updates and SQL 2005 Expre...

check box checked
Hello, I would appreciate any help concerning "check boxes". This concerns a trucking company. The company has multiple "runs" in different locations/states. Each "run" pays a different amount. I would like to use the "check box" for the person to check off the run he/she did at the end of the day. Then in turn, I need that $ amount to read out into an "other cell". For instance, a "run" to the state of Virginia is $37.50, so when that "Virginia box" is checked (b7) - how can I get the $37.50 dollar amount out into...

How do I change the names of the cells or columns from "A" to wha.
I am tryng to set up a form for my trucking business and on MS Works I was able to change the format from A, B,C,D,E, to names that were needed for my form. I can not seem to do that with Excel. I am only computer smart as to what I have taught myself so I don't know wether I want to change the cell or column name. So does anyone know what Iam talking about? Jeanne, you can not change the column headers to names, you can put your names in row 1 and use it for your headers and freeze row 1 where it want move when you scroll the sheet, to do that select A2 then window, freeze panes ...

Horizontal Listing
Table Data: ID NAME 1 tom 1 dick 2 harry 3 joe 3 me 3 yourname here Each ID has 1 to 4 names. I would like the names to come out horizontally on my report but not in fixed columns: 1 tom dick 2 harry 3 joe me yourname here Please advise....is VBA the only solution? Stu wrote: >Table Data: >ID NAME >1 tom >1 dick >2 harry >3 joe >3 me >3 yourname here >Each ID has 1 to 4 names. >I would like the names to come out horizontally on my report but not in >fixed columns: >1 tom dick >2 harry >3 j...

CVSDE and distribution lists
I'm trying to use CVSDE to import a list of names and addresses into an Exchange 2003 distribution list. I have a couple of questions: 1. What is the Active Directory "object-class" for 'distribution list'? 2. Does anyone have a sample csv file that I can use as a guide? Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams objectClass is group. Groups can be Security groups (whether mail-enabled or not, in the former case they are also used as distribution groups), and Distribution Groups. Further, their scope is either Domain Local, Global or Universal. When using Dist...

two DNS names
On Exchange 2000. Is it possible to to have a single Exchange server answer to Two DNS names? We have someone in house that has a registered domain name and would like all his mail to come to his DNS name and be able to reply as that DNS name Thanks in advance Hi, It sure is, just use the following article to help. 319201 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control E-mail Addresses in Exchange http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319201 325921 How to Configure E-mail Addresses Based on Domain Membership http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325921 Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online...

Circular List?!
Hi, Say, based on a pre-defined number N in cel A1, I want in column B to have all numbers be listed from 1 to N? How is this doable? Thanks, Mike On Jan 6, 10:48=A0am, Mike <mas_it_2...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Say, based on a pre-defined number N in cel A1, I want in column B to > have all numbers be listed from 1 to N? > > How is this doable? > > Thanks, > Mike Forgot one more thing, after numbers are listed in column B from 1 to N once, I want next to be able to tell how many times I want those numbers to be repeated?! So, if N=3D20, values from 1 ...