Name change in AD leaves mailbox inaccessable...

After a users name is changed in Active Directory the
user cannot connect to the mailbox thru Outlook Express
6.  The user can access the mailbox through Outlook web
access.  Everytime the user tries with Outlook express it
comes back with cannot authenticate username or password.
0
anonymous (74722)

Use full e-mail address as username.

"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After a users name is changed in Active Directory the
> user cannot connect to the mailbox thru Outlook Express
> 6.  The user can access the mailbox through Outlook web
> access.  Everytime the user tries with Outlook express it
> comes back with cannot authenticate username or password.

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Change from symbol language to english
Hi There, My issue is that when I open word documents from a certain person, they come out looking like a whole heap of "goobly gook" and are totally unreadable. I'm using Word 2003 and am not sure what version he's using. Eg of Goobly Gook: !šˆ–\"EÑÎÌÎÎnÒɶ*£5ø ­ÉØ8 ± Œ´J›EÆ>f/ñ=‹ £Di Now I know he's not writing to me in a foreign language of any sort, and he's not using a special code that only we know, so how can I fix this so it's readable in...

Outlook 2003
When I type in a name to address an email, unless I have mailed them already and they appear on the recently used list, I then get a Check Names dialogue box and have to then search for additional names, even though the name is in the Address Book. Not sure why this is happening - I do have the Option to Suggest Names checked? Any ideas? Thanks State the steps you are using more clearly. You are talking about two completely different features here, the first is autocompletion, the second autoresolution. The latter will not prompt you for a search unless you have entered an invali...

Off topic: VB6 question

Category color changes when changing values.
When I copy a chart I get two identical ones. When I change the values of one of the charts and sort the values, Excel changes the colors of the categories to a preset order, so that the color of the biggest customer in chart 1 is not the same as this same customer (let's say now on the third place) in chart 2. Is there a way to prevent this? ...

Changing text size
Hi, We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database auto finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case. Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill. I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note) Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis No, there's no way to change that in the front end, that's something that is happening at display time and is meant to make the data more readable. You could enter a suggestion on Customer Sou...

Changing the Tooltip text in an SDI Toolbar
I've been trying to find a way to change the tootip info for a toolbar. Currently, I've tried getting the toolbar CToolBarCtrl and CToolTipCtrl objects but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken If you are talking about tooltip info of a particular button on a toolbar, change it in resource editor by double clicking on the button and changing the text that appears at the bottom of the dialog. Text that appears before \n is tootip. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ken Slight" <kslight@char...

How do I rename my Outlook Mailbox?
Wrong name is shown next to my Outlook Mailbox in left column. How can I change it? gigsysgal <gigsysgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Wrong name is shown next to my Outlook Mailbox in left column. How > can I change it? What version of Outlook? What type of account? If it's Exchange, speak with the Exchange admin. -- Brian Tillman ...

Change Account Setup
How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual" for updates? I did this recently by going to Tools - Internet Updates - Customize Updates, and removing the password (i.e. just blanking it out) for the account in question. The first time it tries to update after you do this, Money gets irritated that there's no password, and then you get the opportunity to tell Money you don't want online updates for this account anymore. (I use M05 btw). -- Joaneee "SEABEE" wrote: > How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual&quo...

Change a series w/ a ComboBox
I would like to change a range name refernced in a charted series by using a control combobox so that if i want to see a differnt series, all i have to do is select it. I was thinking of using a lookup function that refernces the numerical output of the control but the series formula won't read the formula or a cell reference as text. =SERIES(OAS!$A$11,'Index-HistoricalPricing ML Vers 2.xls'! DATE,'Index-HistoricalPricing ML Vers 2.xls'!Chemicals,1) Chemicals is the range name, is there a way to replace it with a formula or cell refernce. I can probably code this b...

mailboxes are getting larger on Exchange Server
Dear all, I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003. * The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to PST files *Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" .... i m using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to expand the its quota then it returns to normale stauts very strange!! Note: I m taking backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after that its 65 GB" *It only took one day to get to the 65...

Display Name of Field from 1 form in an unbound box on another for
I have 2 forms, 1 that is used to enter data and 1 that is a giant number pad. If a person double clicks in one of the fields on the data entry form it will open the number pad form and they can use the number pad to enter the data. This process works great. However, I want to have an unbound box at the top of the number pad form that shows which field has the focus on the data entry form. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Easy. Get the name of the field when the user clicks the control. If the control name is the same as the field name, that's easy. Otherwise you can s...

Signatures have stopped changing
I have 3 email addresses with 3 ISP's coming into Outlook. I have created 3 different signature files for each one. Until last week when I opened up a new message to create an email and then changed the account that it was going to go out on, the signature that was attached at the bottom of the blank message changed to the appropriate file. However this has now stopped and I cannot get the appropriate signature file to be attached to the bottom of the message. The only one that comes up is the file that is attached to the default email address. Thanks in advance for your help....

Change opening postion /Form
From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to open higher on my Main Form, Thanks for any Help.....Bob On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:13:29 +1200, Bob V wrote: > From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main > Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to > open higher on my Main Form, > Thanks for any Help.....Bob Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help. DoCmd.MoveSize 2 *1440, 3 * 1440 will position a form 2 inch...

can't delete mailbox #2
I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? Wait until AD replicates then you'll be able to purge the mailboxes with the red Xs "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23fkHzmOMGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I >can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? > Right click on Mailboxes in ESM and select Run Cleanup Agent. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange M...

Help; how do i change the waiting circle (in IE tab) to anything e
I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side pages to do their work. The waiting circle icon gives me a headache so I would like to change that to something else please. I remember IE6 had a great Microsoft Flag logo that would wave while a page would load. Could I get IE8 to use this logo? Sorry Trozza, you can't. "Trozza Mited" <Trozza Mited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C401644-2391-4317-92BD-D7F3DFD2B06C@microsoft.com... > I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side > p...

Lookup Wizard changing Data Type
I am trying to make Lookups from Table Field to Table Field and generally it seems OK. However the LookupWizard is changing the Data Type from Text to Number (I guess it's looking at the ID?) Data picked from Combo Box 'looks' OK in Table view A Query view is asking for a number but displays the Text field value when a valid ID number is added. Viewing Results in FrontPage Database Wizard, and using hand coded .asp querie, it's showing the ID field value. I can see why... Any ideas? Merci. Yes, the wizard isn't the problem it's the use of Lookup Fields in ...

Adding a formula to the same cell (H5) on every tab
I have an inventory spreadsheet with 125 tabs. The tabs are numbered 1 through 125. The are identical except for the data below the column headings. If I wanted to put a formula in H5 on every tab, can it be done other than manually opening every tab and typing it? One additional question: If I add a Summary Tab, how could I show the value of a specific cell on each tab without manually entering it? I show the formula I'm using bring B3 to the summary for every tab: A B 1 Unit Value 2 1 ='1'!B3 3 2 ='2'!B3 4 3 ='3'!B3 5 4 ='4'!B3 6 5 ='5'!B3 7...

Tracking Changes

OUTLOOK FIELD NAME
Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me??? Bye.... how in the heck did you get that far, i can't figure any of it out ----- giuliano wrote: ----- Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me???...

Changing mind about sending message
How does one cancel a sent message? I changed my mind about one that I sent and now I want to cancel it. I can do this with Internet Explorer, but can't seem to find the option in Outlook Express. Thanks. Shari Next time, post in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. This group supports Outlook from the MIcrosoft Office suite - Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. AFAIK, Outlook Express does not have support for message recall and only Outlook when using an Exchange server has a somewhat flaky message recall function. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

Copying a database, how do I change security?
I have a split app (developed using A2000) which my own office has been using for several months. Another office has recently asked me to make a copy for their use. I am happy to do so, however, both the FE and BE are fully secured and I'm not sure how to change security on the copies to recognize the personnel at the other office and to stop recognizing the personnel at my office. I confess that I never fully understood Acess' user level security process. I implemented security originally by following specific steps from a textbook which I no longer have. I do understand about...

compact mailbox
Hi, Apologies for the cross-post. W2K Exchsrvr 2K One of my mailboxes shows as 750 MB in System Manager but when I export it with Exmerge the PST file is 2 GB. How can I compress it (in the store, not the PST file)? Thanks, Peter Peter: The PST size is a very poor reflection of the size of the mailbox store. Unfortunately, so is what you see in the System Manager. System Manager only shows you that amount of data in the EDB file. If this person has a lot of mail that he/she has received from outside of your organization, this information is stored in the STM file. When you...

Cannot acces mailbox after move
Due to a hardware problem on our exchange2003 server we had to prep another server to migrate too. This went without a hitch using system manager. However I can no longer get access to my mailbox on this server with my current pc .. If i moved it back to the old one I can read it (outlook 2002) If I logon to another machine I can get access to it on the new server. I realise it is likely to be a permission/credential problem on my pc but I don't know how to sort it. I am sure If I was to reinstall the OS everything would be Ok but would take too long and to much hassle - any ideas...

How 2 sort an autosum total list after adding items 2 autosum item
Am using detail dollar amount list to insert new transactions in the middle of a the detail list, and they in turn get included in the 'autosum' total calc which is located in another item total summary list in the same workbook. If we try to sort the autosum total summary list, the autosum totals seem to loose their connection with the detail autosum calc list. Is there anyway to keep this connection, ie be able to add items into the detail autosum calc lists, and then sort the autosum summary totals ? -- Thanks again for your help. akm (XPpro,SP-2,IE-7,Office2003...