My Server running out of space

My NT server with Exchange 5.5 has 350MB left.  How much free space is enough
for a server with 10users?  How to move database files to other disks?  My
priv.edb is 1.3GB, is there any way or software to resize it to half?
I found proxy.csv in c:\smallbusiness\html\logs is 286MB.  What's it and can
I delete or move it to other disk without any harm?
Thanks in advance.

0
Andy1200 (318)

how large are your drives?  1.3 GB is small for any Exchange database...if
you have a drive with more room, use the Exchange Optimizer to move the
database to the larger drive...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My NT server with Exchange 5.5 has 350MB left.  How much free space is
enough
> for a server with 10users?  How to move database files to other disks?  My
> priv.edb is 1.3GB, is there any way or software to resize it to half?
> I found proxy.csv in c:\smallbusiness\html\logs is 286MB.  What's it and
can
> I delete or move it to other disk without any harm?
> Thanks in advance.

0
sconkey (3059)
2/10/2006 10:12:36 PM
Thank you Susan.
the hard drive is 4GB, only 350MB left.

"Susan" wrote:

> how large are your drives?  1.3 GB is small for any Exchange database...if
> you have a drive with more room, use the Exchange Optimizer to move the
> database to the larger drive...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My NT server with Exchange 5.5 has 350MB left.  How much free space is
> enough
> > for a server with 10users?  How to move database files to other disks?  My
> > priv.edb is 1.3GB, is there any way or software to resize it to half?
> > I found proxy.csv in c:\smallbusiness\html\logs is 286MB.  What's it and
> can
> > I delete or move it to other disk without any harm?
> > Thanks in advance.

0
Andy1200 (318)
2/10/2006 10:34:25 PM
you need a bigger hard drive...what else is taking up space on that drive?

--

> Thank you Susan.
> the hard drive is 4GB, only 350MB left.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > how large are your drives?  1.3 GB is small for any Exchange
database...if
> > you have a drive with more room, use the Exchange Optimizer to move the
> > database to the larger drive...
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > My NT server with Exchange 5.5 has 350MB left.  How much free space is
> > enough
> > > for a server with 10users?  How to move database files to other disks?
My
> > > priv.edb is 1.3GB, is there any way or software to resize it to half?
> > > I found proxy.csv in c:\smallbusiness\html\logs is 286MB.  What's it
and
> > can
> > > I delete or move it to other disk without any harm?
> > > Thanks in advance.

0
sconkey (3059)
2/10/2006 10:51:38 PM

In news:4B42A071-844C-4B34-B244-478ABA957905@microsoft.com,
Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> My NT server with Exchange 5.5 has 350MB left.  How much free space
> is enough for a server with 10users?  How to move database files to
> other disks?  My priv.edb is 1.3GB, is there any way or software to
> resize it to half?
> I found proxy.csv in c:\smallbusiness\html\logs is 286MB.  What's it
> and can I delete or move it to other disk without any harm?
> Thanks in advance.

Hi, Andy -

I just noticed you seem to have two simultaneous threads going about this
(see "Permanently delete recycle bin give more free space to the server")
....please try to keep everything in one place so nobody is duplicating the
efforts of other people trying to help.

0
lanwench (7567)
2/10/2006 11:00:09 PM
this is NT Sever with MS BackOfficeSmallBusinessServer, exchange 5.5,
arcserve for backup, MAS90.  All data is saved on another drive (F drive)
Can I move anything to the F drive?

"Susan" wrote:

> you need a bigger hard drive...what else is taking up space on that drive?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you Susan.
> > the hard drive is 4GB, only 350MB left.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > how large are your drives?  1.3 GB is small for any Exchange
> database...if
> > > you have a drive with more room, use the Exchange Optimizer to move the
> > > database to the larger drive...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > enough
> My
> and
> > > can

0
Andy1200 (318)
2/10/2006 11:07:28 PM
wow...where are your Exchange transaction log files?  can you add another,
dedicated drive, just for the Exchange databases?

--

> this is NT Sever with MS BackOfficeSmallBusinessServer, exchange 5.5,
> arcserve for backup, MAS90.  All data is saved on another drive (F drive)
> Can I move anything to the F drive?
>

> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > you need a bigger hard drive...what else is taking up space on that
drive?

> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thank you Susan.
> > > the hard drive is 4GB, only 350MB left.

> > database...if

> > My
> > and

0
sconkey (3059)
2/10/2006 11:15:10 PM
yes. I kept going back to the other to check any reply but didn't see.  i
still struggle with it. need help.  Thanks all.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:4B42A071-844C-4B34-B244-478ABA957905@microsoft.com,
> Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > My NT server with Exchange 5.5 has 350MB left.  How much free space
> > is enough for a server with 10users?  How to move database files to
> > other disks?  My priv.edb is 1.3GB, is there any way or software to
> > resize it to half?
> > I found proxy.csv in c:\smallbusiness\html\logs is 286MB.  What's it
> > and can I delete or move it to other disk without any harm?
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Hi, Andy -
>
> I just noticed you seem to have two simultaneous threads going about this
> (see "Permanently delete recycle bin give more free space to the server")
> ....please try to keep everything in one place so nobody is duplicating the
> efforts of other people trying to help.

0
Andy1200 (318)
2/10/2006 11:21:27 PM
Can I use my F: for Exchange databases because it still has lot of space and
already in the pc.  If not, how to add another and how to move to the F: or
the new HD? Just move the file priv.edb or what?
Thanks a lot.

"Susan" wrote:

> wow...where are your Exchange transaction log files?  can you add another,
> dedicated drive, just for the Exchange databases?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > this is NT Sever with MS BackOfficeSmallBusinessServer, exchange 5.5,
> > arcserve for backup, MAS90.  All data is saved on another drive (F drive)
> > Can I move anything to the F drive?
> >

> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > you need a bigger hard drive...what else is taking up space on that
> drive?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > database...if
> the

> space is
> disks?
> > > My
> half?
> it
> > > and

0
Andy1200 (318)
2/11/2006 12:41:27 AM
Andy,

Have you done as Susan Conkey first recommended, i.e., "...use the Exchange
Optimizer to move the database to the larger drive"?

Gregg Hill

> Can I use my F: for Exchange databases because it still has lot of space
> and
> already in the pc.  If not, how to add another and how to move to the F:
> or
> the new HD? Just move the file priv.edb or what?
> Thanks a lot.
>

> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> wow...where are your Exchange transaction log files?  can you add
>> another,
>> dedicated drive, just for the Exchange databases?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > this is NT Sever with MS BackOfficeSmallBusinessServer, exchange 5.5,
>> > arcserve for backup, MAS90.  All data is saved on another drive (F
>> > drive)
>> > Can I move anything to the F drive?

>> drive?

>> the

>> space is
>> disks?
>> half?
>> it

0
bogus9187 (191)
2/11/2006 1:12:14 AM
Thank you Gregg.
Does Exchange 5.5 has E. Optimizer?  how to get to it? I'm home now so
cannot try it but I will on Monday.  If I want to come back here after doing
that , should I start a new thread or have to let you know the results here?
Thank you all a lot.

"Gregg Hill" wrote:

> Andy,
>
> Have you done as Susan Conkey first recommended, i.e., "...use the Exchange
> Optimizer to move the database to the larger drive"?
>
> Gregg Hill
>

> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can I use my F: for Exchange databases because it still has lot of space
> > and
> > already in the pc.  If not, how to add another and how to move to the F:
> > or
> > the new HD? Just move the file priv.edb or what?
> > Thanks a lot.
> >

> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> wow...where are your Exchange transaction log files?  can you add
> >> another,
> >> dedicated drive, just for the Exchange databases?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >>

> >> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> drive?

> >> the

> >> space is
> >> disks?
> >> half?
> >> it

0
Andy1200 (318)
2/11/2006 1:23:27 AM
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:23:27 -0800, "Andy"
<Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you Gregg.
>Does Exchange 5.5 has E. Optimizer?  how to get to it? I'm home now so
>cannot try it but I will on Monday.  If I want to come back here after doing
>that , should I start a new thread or have to let you know the results here?
>Thank you all a lot.

It should be avail from the Exchange Admin program group or search for
Perfwiz.exe.

>"Gregg Hill" wrote:
>
>> Andy,
>>
>> Have you done as Susan Conkey first recommended, i.e., "...use the Exchange
>> Optimizer to move the database to the larger drive"?
>>
>> Gregg Hill
>>

>> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can I use my F: for Exchange databases because it still has lot of space
>> > and
>> > already in the pc.  If not, how to add another and how to move to the F:
>> > or
>> > the new HD? Just move the file priv.edb or what?
>> > Thanks a lot.

0
adavid (8731)
2/11/2006 2:42:53 AM
Andy,

Stick with the same thread for continuity. Always let us know how it went.
That way, we know our efforts were good or bad, and it helps others who may
have the same problem.

Gregg Hill

> Thank you Gregg.
> Does Exchange 5.5 has E. Optimizer?  how to get to it? I'm home now so
> cannot try it but I will on Monday.  If I want to come back here after
> doing
> that , should I start a new thread or have to let you know the results
> here?
> Thank you all a lot.
>

> "Gregg Hill" wrote:
>
>> Andy,
>>
>> Have you done as Susan Conkey first recommended, i.e., "...use the
>> Exchange
>> Optimizer to move the database to the larger drive"?
>>
>> Gregg Hill
>>

>> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can I use my F: for Exchange databases because it still has lot of
>> > space
>> > and
>> > already in the pc.  If not, how to add another and how to move to the
>> > F:
>> > or
>> > the new HD? Just move the file priv.edb or what?
>> > Thanks a lot.

0
bogus9187 (191)
2/11/2006 8:07:53 AM
Thank you, all.  I will let you guys know.

"Gregg Hill" wrote:

> Andy,
>
> Stick with the same thread for continuity. Always let us know how it went.
> That way, we know our efforts were good or bad, and it helps others who may
> have the same problem.
>
> Gregg Hill
>

> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you Gregg.
> > Does Exchange 5.5 has E. Optimizer?  how to get to it? I'm home now so
> > cannot try it but I will on Monday.  If I want to come back here after
> > doing
> > that , should I start a new thread or have to let you know the results
> > here?
> > Thank you all a lot.
> >

> > "Gregg Hill" wrote:
> >
> >> Andy,
> >>
> >> Have you done as Susan Conkey first recommended, i.e., "...use the
> >> Exchange
> >> Optimizer to move the database to the larger drive"?
> >>
> >> Gregg Hill
> >>

> >> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Andy1200 (318)
2/11/2006 5:25:28 PM
Yes, I found Exchange Optimizer on my server.  Because it shut down all
services running on the server, so anybody has any idea how long does it take
to do the process of moving the database to another drive?  Does it move the
Exchange folder (1.8GB) or just part of it?

Thanks a lot.

"Andy" wrote:

> Thank you, all.  I will let you guys know.
>

> "Gregg Hill" wrote:
>
> > Andy,
> >
> > Stick with the same thread for continuity. Always let us know how it went.
> > That way, we know our efforts were good or bad, and it helps others who may
> > have the same problem.
> >
> > Gregg Hill
> >

> > "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thank you Gregg.
> > > Does Exchange 5.5 has E. Optimizer?  how to get to it? I'm home now so
> > > cannot try it but I will on Monday.  If I want to come back here after
> > > doing
> > > that , should I start a new thread or have to let you know the results
> > > here?
> > > Thank you all a lot.

0
Andy1200 (318)
2/14/2006 7:02:27 PM

"Gregg Hill" wrote:

> Andy,
>
> Stick with the same thread for continuity. Always let us know how it went.
> That way, we know our efforts were good or bad, and it helps others who may
> have the same problem.
>
> Gregg Hill
>

> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you Gregg.
> > Does Exchange 5.5 has E. Optimizer?  how to get to it? I'm home now so
> > cannot try it but I will on Monday.  If I want to come back here after
> > doing
> > that , should I start a new thread or have to let you know the results
> > here?
> > Thank you all a lot.
> >

> > "Gregg Hill" wrote:
> >
> >> Andy,
> >>
> >> Have you done as Susan Conkey first recommended, i.e., "...use the
> >> Exchange
> >> Optimizer to move the database to the larger drive"?
> >>
> >> Gregg Hill
> >>

> >> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Andy1200 (318)

Removing IMS from last 5.5 server
I've got all mail going in and out from my 2003 server, the IMS on the 5.5 box has been stopped. So I decided I'd just follow through with the last step from 883407 (step 10) Where it says we can just delete the IMS. Well when I expand my 'connections' in the 5.5 administrator and try to delete the Internet Mail Server (Machinename) I get an error message that reads: "cannot find the file c:\program files\exchsrvr\smtp.uns error: C1037986" Is this really even a big deal if it's no longer doing any routing and I plan to have the box down within a few da...

problems with imap server
i have been able to read and access my imap folder and read all new mail until just recently. now i keep getting the following message, "cannot open set of folders. server is unavailable." does anyone know if this is a common problem and how can i resolve it??? please help if possible. ...

DEADLOCK_ENUM_MUTEX and SQL Server Data Collector
I recently implemented the Performance Datawarehouse on our production server after running it in our test environment for months with no problems. I am currently only collecting the 3 basic collection sets. Today 2 'SQL Server Data Collector' spids got hung and will not rollback. Normally the collection jobs take about 1.5minutes according to the log. Today though, the QueryStatisticscollection job was running for over 30minutes and causing the ActivityMonitor to error. I stopped the collection sets and the associated jobs. This did nothing to alleviate the problem. The ...

RMS HQ running on Citrix
We have RMS running at stores and the servers at 1 office (soon to be hosted at our ISP). All office staff access RMS HQ via citrix. We have separate servers for HQ, Comms and the SQL DB. None of which tick over 10% CPU usage and there is plenty of RAM on the servers. We are constantly getting the following errors: (1) clipboard errors, (2) runtime errors, (3) refreshing lists message delays, (4) RMS HQ hanging (5) Sales Reports taking 5 minutes to run Are these citrix related? Is there a preferable way to allow users from multiple locations to access RMS HQ? Someone has suggested usi...

SQL Server Sort Order for Business Portal
Hi all, Our existing SQL Server database for GP uses a Binary sort order. We are trying to install Business Portal (using Windows Share Point Services) but the the install instructions says it can only be installed on SQL Server with sort order 52 (Dictionary Order, Case Insensitive). If we create a new SQL Server instance using sort order 52 for Business Portal, are there any issues we may run into in the future regarding data exchange with GP? Thank you. LR You can either create a new SQL Server instance using DOCI or you can let the system install SQL Express which will automatic...

MFC/SQL Server 2005 Express Connection Issues
Hello again, Recently I have been experiencing problems connecting to my database either through an MFC App or also Managed C++. Essentially I haven't been able to connect locally to the database, but I have been able to do so for the past several months. I am attempting to connect locally either to a particular database or just SQL Server (to create a database let us say). Here are some of the connection strings I use: 1) workstation id=(local); Integrated Security = SSPI 2) Driver={SQL Server};workstation id=(local); Initial Catalog = DBQuality;Integrated Security = SSPI 3) Driv...

Unsufficient privileges to run the Workflow Manager
Hello, When I try to run the Workflow Manager on the server side with administrator domain login, I receive the following message: "You do not have sufficient Microsoft CRM privileges to run the Workflow Manager. For more information, contact your system administrator." I've gave all Workflow Process rights to the administrator user in Microsoft CRM, and don't know what could be missing. Thanks, Hugo I also saw this error at one point during my many CRM reinstalls. What I think caused it was the fact that my CRM services were set to run under the local system account. ...

Server will not relay mail
I'm getting an error that the exchange server from one exchange 2000 server in one office "will not RELAY mail" to any address on another exchange 2003 Server in another office. Mail to any other destination works fine on either Server and mail between these 2 offices was flowing fine until last week. There is nothing set in Message Filtering. Do those servers belong to the same Exchange Organization? Does the Exchange 2003 server receive mail from other locations? Can you telnet port 25 of that server? -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/member...

deleting the dynamics.dic file on the server
Hello: Someone at a client of ours went in and somehow managed to accidentally delete the dynamics.dic file from the server’s GP code folder. Now, GP will of course not run on the server. The client tried to alleviate this issue by copying the dynamics.dic file and dex.ini file from a working workstation. That did not work. They still get errors on the server whenever someone tries to launch GP from the server (Visual Basic initialization failure, ".tlb files are missing", outdated versions of OLE system files are present, etc.) The client does not have a backup of this c...

All Excel instances inaccessible due to long running macro
I have a worksheet that contains a VBA that run a very long time (hours). This keeps me from accessing unrelated worksheets as it seems like Excel (even another instance) is tied up handling the first one. Is there anyway to prevent this? <michaeljc70@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1102461310.970250.282410@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > > I have a worksheet that contains a VBA that run a very long time > (hours). This keeps me from accessing unrelated worksheets as it seems > like Excel (even another instance) is tied up handling the first one. > Is there anyway t...

Running parameter queries from VBA, suppressing parameter prompts
Hi everyone, I would like assistance with the following: I have a parameter query: PARAMETERS dt1 DateTime, dt2 DateTime; SELECT Table1.name, Table1.dt, IIf(Month([dt])=Month([dt1]),[number],0) AS mth0, IIf(Month([dt])=Month([dt1])+1,[number],0) AS mth1, IIf(Month([dt])=Month([dt1])+2,[number],0) AS mth2 FROM Table1 WHERE (((Table1.dt) Between [dt1] And [dt2])); Where dt1 = Start Date and dt2 = End Date This query is set up to run some moving 3 monthly data. I have a form to collect the users and I have the following VBA code: SomeButton_Click() On Error Resume Next...

Install CRM & SQL on same server
I know it's not recommended, but it is possible. Anyone experience performance issues or any other issues related to having the two installed on the same server? Thanks, Chris It is the default install for MS CRM SBE running on Microsoft Small Business Server.. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President The Norwich Group http://www.thenorwichgroup.com http://thenorwichgroup.blogs.com "Chris Hedlund" <chrishedlund@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O4UmvratGHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I know it's not recommended, but it is possible. Anyone experien...

Return cell characters after space
I have a cell with 'Mr J. Smith' and want to return in another cell 'Smith'. As there are many other examples, I need a function that will seek out the last ' ' in the cell content and then return all characters to the right hand-side of this ' '. e.g. 'Mr K Peters' would return 'Peters' Please let me know if I can clarify! Hi Andy =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT(" ",255)),255)) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Andy" wrote: > I have a cell with 'Mr J. Smith' and want to return in an...

Frame shows spaces between the table cells.

Visual studio with CRM server
When i install VS.Net on CRM Server it install another framework version and CRM dosent work after that . I need to use VB.NET with CRM and idea how i can accomplish this on the same server or can i do it from another machine ? Hi, VS.NET work well opn the CRM Server. If you have CRM 1.2 you need to install VS.NET 2003 (.NET Framework 1.1). If you have CRM 1.0 you need to install VS (.NET Framework 1.0) "Silverwing" wrote: > When i install VS.Net on CRM Server it install another framework version and CRM dosent work after that . I need to use VB.NET with CRM and ide...

Eseutil /d hungs Exchange 5.5 server (RPC stops responding)
Hi there! I'm trying to run an offline defragmentation to reduce the size of our Informatin Stores by running the eseutil /d command and, when the process is around a 50% completed, the server stops responding. Now way to bring it back but powering it off. No errors in the event log, no clues... Any idea? The server runs Windows 2000 SP4, Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a Dell PowerEdge 2400 box (dual proc, 1 GB RAM). Thank you in advance and regards, José Ramón Dear Jose, do you have enough space on the server where you're using eseutil /d? you should have enough hard disk sp...

Errors & Exceptions When Backing up Exchange 2003 Server
Good Morning, I'm receiving the following ERRORS on my Veritas 10.x back up this morning (Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003 Server)...I haven't ever received these errors before, and I don't know what could be causing it. I do know I made "Exceptions" for several files yesterday (winstmp.mdb, gmgr0.dat, gmgr1.dat, CPL.CFG). Can anyone help me to decipher this? I've experienced none of these before, and the only changes I made yesterday were to make Exceptions for the above files. Thank-you! -David Backup- \\MAILSERVER\Shadow?Copy?Components \\MAILSERVER...

How to recover mail from an old mail server
I have an exchange 2003 installation on a Win2003 box that was a member of a now obsolete domain, and the domain controllers are all no longer in existence, nor are any backups. Exchange will not start properly because of the absence of an appropriate DC. I wish to recover the mailbox contents (perhaps into PST files). Can anyone tell me how to go about doing this? Thanks, Angus Macleod. Alot of work unless you want to purchase 3rd party software (Ontract) that can do an direct extract from the flat DB file. Otherwise, you will have to go about building a DC, then an Exchange that is...

Program Fail to Run After Convert from VC++ 6.0 to VC++ .NET 2003
I got a VC++ 6.0 program which is a windows service. After converting to VC++ ..NET 2003 project and fixing some coding error. It can compile and looks work fine. But when I run the service, it said program error and looks it cannot get a thread from AfxGetThread function. Below please find a code segment which I experience the error. Any can help on this? const CString NDSApp::SERV_NAME(_T("NDS Data Delivery")); NDSApp::NDSApp() :CNTService("NDS Data Delivery"){ m_pNDSSetting = new CRegKeyValuePair(APPNAME,SECTION); } NDSApp::~NDSApp() { if (m_pNDSSetting) de...

Help Client or Server side utility to mirror an Outlook folder to an Exchange Public Folder
Hi: I'm still looking for a utility (server or workstation based) that will facilitate real time mirroring (one way only - Outlook to Exchange) of the contents of a Outlook mail folder(s) with Exchange public folder(s). The goal is to allow public user folders to monitor realtime correspondence in a particular Outlook users sub folder. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any advice. Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003, SP2. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond You probably dismissed this option already, but why not Mail enable the PF? That way people can send email right into t...

SQL Quary Analyzer connection to SQL Server 2008
Hi, I'm using SQL Quary Analyzer on my Win XP machine. Now I would like to connect to the new SQL Server 2008 from my Win Xp's SQL Quary Analyzer, somehow it's not working. Thanks for help. Jason On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:45:35 +0800, "Jason Huang" <JasonHuang8888@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm using SQL Quary Analyzer on my Win XP machine. >Now I would like to connect to the new SQL Server 2008 from my Win Xp's SQL >Quary Analyzer, somehow it's not working. >Thanks for help. > > >Jason > Hi...

export exchange server global address book
I would like to ask anyone that knows hot to export the global address book. And what format of file is becomes? is it same as outlooks exported address book *.cvs? On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:13:26 -0700, "barakuda" <khairul@smartlab.com.my> wrote: >I would like to ask anyone that knows hot to export the >global address book. And what format of file is becomes? >is it same as outlooks exported address book *.cvs? This will help you get the information out: http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/CSVDE_LDIFDE.htm ...

IE7 won't run from desktop icon or from Start All Programs
Running XP Home with SP3 Recently had to uninstall IE8 due to incompatibilities with an application. Uninstalled IE8 prior to SP3 which seemed to cause some problems. At this point, have uninstalled SP3, then reinstalled SP3 and all updates. Have reinstalled IE7 several times. I can run IE7 using a standard shortcut that points to the executable. However when I click on the built in desktop icon it starts to bring up IE7, then immediately shuts down with no error message. There is no message in the Event Viewer. I get the same results by going to Start, then All Programs, and th...

In Outlook 2003, how exactly does one go reset the view (outside of running a /cleanviews)?
Gurus, In Outlook 2003, how exactly does one go about resetting the view (outside of running /cleanviews)? -- Spin Select View > Arrange By > Current View > Define Views . Highlight one of the views and the select Reset button. Just so you know, the cleanviews switch deletes all custom views and resets the built-in ones back to their defaults. "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:5njp48Fink5uU1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > In Outlook 2003, how exactly does one go about resetting the view (outside > of running /cleanviews)? > &...

Remove spaces, carriage returns, from pasted text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I used to have a nifty macro that I had assigned a keyboard shortcut for, that would remove all spaces from pasted text. I had another that removed all carriage returns. I have found the AppleScript for pasting unformatted text, but this still does not do the above. Anybody know of a compiled script to do these tasks (repetitively, over and over and over...) <br> Thanks, <br> Shawn P.S. How about an Applescript for removing all numbers (0-9) from pasted text? Just thought of that one too. <br&...