My Exchange server will not make new mailboxes

I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us
trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and
made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes
that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two
weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create
a new user in active directory and tell it to create a
mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the
properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab
it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go
to exchange task it gives me the option to move the
mailbox to the old server which is shutdown or it gives
me the option to delete the mailbox. I tried deleting the
mailbox in the exchange task and having it create a new
one, but it still dose not show up in the e-mail address
tab or exchange system management. I also made sure that
I was not creating the mailbox on the old server. I would
appreciate any help on this matter thank you in advance.

S Hooten

0
scott9789 (2)

I would guess that you are actually CREATING mailboxes, since the
appropriate tabs are showing up.  What's happening is that the recipient
update service is not stamping the user with the appropriate attributes.
Email addresses are one of the things that the recipient update service
(RUS) stamps on the users.

Here's an article that explains what the RUS does:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;251395

proxyAddresses is the attributes that corresponds to "email addresses."

The reason that users don't show up in the mailbox store in ESM is that the
mailboxes have never been logged into and/or they  have  never received a
piece of mail.  Even after a mailbox has been successfully created, you
won't see it as an object in the information store until one of those two
things happens.

In order to resolve your issue with the RUS, you can take a look at this
article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;288807

And just for good measure, here's one more article about the RUS.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;319065

I hope this helps.

-Michelle

"Scott Hooten" <scott@numind.net> wrote in message
> I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us
> trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and
> made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes
> that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two
> weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create
> a new user in active directory and tell it to create a
> mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the
> properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab
> it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go
> to exchange task it gives me the option to move the
> mailbox to the old server which is shutdown or it gives
> me the option to delete the mailbox. I tried deleting the
> mailbox in the exchange task and having it create a new
> one, but it still dose not show up in the e-mail address
> tab or exchange system management. I also made sure that
> I was not creating the mailbox on the old server. I would
> appreciate any help on this matter thank you in advance.
>
> S Hooten

You need to define your e-mail address scheme in exchange
admin console.  Otherwise it will create the mailbox but
your addresses won't be auto-created..you would need to
manually enter it.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/2/2004 3:51:54 PM
I tried something after I posted this message. I turned
on the old e-mail server that I moved all the mailboxes
from. I went back and checked the users properties and
noticed that on the e-mail address tab the users email
address was now created. I was wondering if I forgot to
move something from the old server to the new server that
is causing this problem to happen.

Scott
0
scott9789 (2)

MS Exchangeal Errors, Event:8331
And I have this problem too. More details needed. zehner arnold wrote: > And I have this problem too. ...

directory update exchange 5.5
I just removed a secondary smtp address from a user however after several hours the user still recieves emails from the removed address. Did i miss something tks angelo ...

CRM 3.0 Desktop client installed on terminal Server is not working
I am having trouble getting the CRM 3.0 Desktop client to properly work through a terminal services connection. If I connect to the Terminal server with an account that has local administrative rights on the Terminal server, then RPC to the CRM server and run “LightClient.msi” everything works great. CRM continues to work even after I remove the user from the local administrators group. However, I cannot make a regular user account work. I would like to avoid making every TS user a local admin. Here is the pertinent info: I have a working installation of CRM 3.0 running on a Windows...

Rules Error: Can't move message, No other rules will work
We recently upgraded from Windows NT 4.0 Server and Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000. Since then the rules I set up in Outlook 2000 have degenerated in performance. Before we upgraded I was getting the Rules Error message Can't move message to folder and You don't have permission... for Junk and Adult mail. Since the upgrade, in addition to these error messages, the problem with the rules have progressed to none of my rules to move messages from specific senders to their respective folders are working. I can't find anything specif...

transfer publisher to new PC. How to download to CD ?
I AM CHANGING MY PC AND WISH TO KEEP ms OFFICE PULISHER - 2003. with all my graphics ... I DO NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL SOFTWARE. How can I down load the existing program onto a C D so that I can keep the existing program on the new PC ???.. (It does not come with Office business etc....) Without the setup disk you are up the proverbial creek. You can still buy Publisher 2003 from various vendors. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_4_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=publisher+2003&sprefix=publisher+ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lassamicus" &l...

How to do this: either enter as new or search for existing?
I don't know if this is the correct approach, but this is the idea I've got: A form will have a few controls to enter some data and two buttons. One button is "Enter as New Record" - this one opens a subform for the table with the initial data entered in as a new record and the other fields available for data entry. The other button is "Find Matching Record" - this one creates a variable to go into a SELECT statement to search the table for a record that matches the entered data, and then opens a subform to show that record and other fields for data entry. In pl...

SMTP virtual server stopped working
Dear All, I use the SMTP Virtual server on Windows XP Professaional with SP3 for my custom application, where I can send mails from my Outlook client to the SMTP server and my custom application picks up the eml files from the Drop folder (C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Drop). It had been working fine till I installed the latest windows update last thursday (28th Jan 2010). Now when i send a mail from Outlook, and request for a delivery report, i get the message that reads "Your message has been successfully relayed to the following recipients ...", but my mails do not reach the drop...

Restore Exchange databases to different existing server in same admin group
I am trying to find some information about restoring an Exchange 2003 database to a different server that's already up and running with it's own databases in the same org. Here's the situation: We have two servers, EX1 and EX2. Both are running Exchange 2003sp1 on Windows 2003 sp1. Both servers are in the same admin group. Each server has two storage groups defined, and each storage group has one database. Each storage group and each database has unique names & folder locations. The databases are backed up nightly (on line) using the Veritas NetBackup, an exchange aware...

Adding multiple users in Exchange 2007
How can I create multiple user accounts and mailboxes in Exchange 2007? I have used csvde in Exchange 2003 in the past, but when trying to use csvde in Exchange 2007 I keep getting "no such object". I would like to create a couple of hundred users with their corresponding mailboxes and also some contacts in a test server but I don't know how to do it using monad. Thanks :) - CSVDE can be used to create AD objects like users, but isn't a mechanism to create mailboxes/mailbox-enabled users (even with Exchange Server 2003/2000) - Exchange 2007 removes the function of c...

Confiuring e-mail for MS exchange server
I am now using my system to connect, thru a vpn, to my company. In oder to get my e-mail I need to connect to an exchange server. I dont have that option, just pop3 smpt and imap. Any suggestions Thanks for any info Joe What version of Outlook are you using? If 98 or 2000, check the mode under help->about, second line should say Internet Mail Only or Corporate or Workgroup. >-----Original Message----- >I am now using my system to connect, thru a vpn, to my >company. In oder to get my e-mail I need to connect to an >exchange server. I dont have that option, jus...

KB 328808 makes users unable to expand MAPI all public folders tree
I recently implemented KB 328808 Remove User Permission from the Create Top-Level Public Folder in Exchange 2003 Standard, Service Pack 2 via the Add the ShowSecurityPage Entry to the Registry manual method... And upon doing so my new users creating new Outlook 2003 profiles cannot expand the MAPI "All Public Folders" tree. When I reverse the checkbox they can expand the tree. Any ideas where I might look to resolve this? ...

Restoring Exchange Information Store
Hello Everyone: I'm having some issues restoring an Exchange Information Store. Platform: Windows 2000 Advanced Server w/ SP3 Exchange: Exchange 2000 The plan is to restore the database to another server in another domain. But for some reason, when I attempt to run the restore with BackupExec 8.6, I receive an "Access is Denied" error message. Let me explain what's been done. Let's say we have a domain called "Production.Com" and a seperate forest called "exchangerecovery.com". A DNS structure has been established by creating secondary DNS server...

Exchange 2003 Queues
i keep getting messages hung up in the two queues below. I have to kill the inetinfo.exe process...Once i've done that then the messages get deleviered...Does anyone have any ideas? How can i tell which DC my Exchange server is using? Messages awaiting directory lookup Messages pending submission Thanks On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:04:04 -0700, michael <michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i keep getting messages hung up in the two queues below. I have to kill the >inetinfo.exe process...Once i've done that then the messages get >deleviered...Does anyone have an...

Can Visio 2007 Professional be used for making house blueprints?
Can Visio 2007 Professional be used for making house blueprints? Certainly. There are a number of architectural templates for houses, offices and factories. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Ascendor" <Ascendor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2FDA251-D8A2-4341-8DD9-F2AAA57F6485@microsoft.com... > Can Visio 2007 Professional be used for making house blueprints? Mark Nelson [MS] wrote: > Certainly. There are a number of architectur...

Route specific mails whose mailbox is not local, to another server
We set up an Exchange 2003 Ent. responsible for delivery on the mail domain "company.com". However, we would like our Exchange to route mails addressed to three specific addresses (i.e. user1@company.com user2@company.com and user3@company.com) to another internal mail server (not an Exchange one, this time). Do you have an idea on how we could do that? TIA, NeXTstep Dear TIA, It looks like a shared SMTP address scenario. check out the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/ Regards, Kashif "NeXTstep" wrote: > We set up an Exchange 2003 Ent. ...

Outlook/Exchange rules
I've upgraded from OfficeXP to Office2003. I had a large number of rules I used in OutlookXP that were working w/o problem. After I upgraded and used Outlook2003, when I go into the rules dialogue, look at or make changes then click "Ok" or "Apply", I get the following error: "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules". I just checked with my sysadmin and I have more than enough space availabl...

Pass data to new form
When the below code opens a new form I want it to pass the Me.CUSTOMER_NUM = stCustId. When the new form is open the Customer_num field is blank. Private Sub cmdNote_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdNote_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String Dim stCustId As String stDocName = "frmNotes" stCustId = Me.CUSTOMER_NUM If [NotesID] >= 1 Then stLinkCriteria = "[NotesID]=" & Me![NotesID] 'stLink = "[GroupID]=" & Me![GroupID] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria ...

removing AD from exch 5.5 server HELP PLEASE
ok one of my DCs blew up. I was informed it was best for me to dcpromo /forceremoval my troubled machine and then dc promo it to get the AD running again. I have no problem doin that with the exception that the machine is running Exchange 5.5. So what im thinking here is the following: idea A --------- 1)dcpromo /forceremoval 2)on reboot, boot it to safemode with networking to prevent the exchange services to boot (or should i just disable them before i reboot it?) 3)dcpromo and make it a replica again? idea B -------- 1) dcpromo /forceremoval 2) on reboot, boot it to safemode with network...

Exchange/AD password changing webpage advice
We're trying to find out what other people are using for AD/Exchange user password changing? We are looking for a web solution that would allow an AD/Exchange user to change their own password either in the traditional manner (must know existing password) or by requiring them to answer a question that they have already been asked and that their answer for is stored in AD under their user account. I see a billion password management solutions out there, but all seem to be overkill...I don't want to setup some huge klunky password management app that does a million other things...

Mailing list for Exchange 5.5 or 2000(2003)
Is there a way to setup a List serve for exchange using what's included with exchange or do you need a third party program to manage one? Thanks in advance. Chris DeFreitas I'm sure you can script something and if you don't mind allowing automatic replies to the internet (potential for loops). As a last resort: Mailman Majordomo Yahoo Groups is also easy to setup and free if you don't mind some ads. http://groups.yahoo.com/ -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to...

How do I make place cards
How do I make place cards with Windows Publisher? Is there another program that is better? In page setup use the folded card setup. What size are you planning to use for your place cards? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lewis" <Lewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E529D677-D66F-4422-8635-E68D73BA2975@microsoft.com... > How do I make place cards with Windows Publisher? Is there another program > that is better? On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:13:02 +0000, Lewis wrote (in article <...

adding new inventory in purchase orders
We have not seen any place where we can create a new item in purchase orders, when adding new stock to our inventory. In our old software, we could create new items at will. How can we do this with RMS? Life sucks when we're having to add each item to inventory, and then go into a purchase order and add them there, in order to receive the new items. Any help? Try this DRS AutoGenT lets you configure the RMS database to automate certain procedures for new item adds. It also automates changes to selected data in Item Properties and Purchase Orders "Boban666" <Boban666@d...

Installing Exchange 12
Hi everybody, I met some troubles in installing Exchange 12 does anybody can help me finding the good newgroup ? Thanks in advance Bleucat When you registered for the Beta did you get any information about newsgroups to subscribe to? "Bleucat" <jeanpaulblanc@[dumy].laposte.nat> wrote in message news:mn.ea547d6561229f7e.55537@dumy.laposte.nat... > Hi everybody, > > I met some troubles in installing Exchange 12 does anybody can help me > finding the good newgroup ? > > > Thanks in advance > > Bleucat > > Andrew Sword [MVP] avait p...

SRS Reports
Hi there I have installed SQL 2005 with the default Reporting services configuration. I also loaded Business Portal and Webservices. I then installed the SRS_Reports from Microsoft for each of my companies including the TWO company, and all worked fine. I could run all the reports for each company for each series about a month ago. In the last week I cannot run any report for any company, only TWO. All the other company reports show a page stating it "Cannot access the remote server". I uninstalled the SRS Reporting application and reinstalled it successfully. I then tr...

How to uninstall exchange components before upgrade to ex2000
Doing inplace upgrade of exch2000 to exch2003 and the notes say to remove the Instant Messaging service, Chat, key management server lotus cc mail and MS Mail connector. This is a silly question but how do I know if they are installed where do I go to check. Do I go to add/remove programs and exchange server install. I tried this. If this is the correct method how do I uninstall when I select the component it tells me to select an option for the main Exchange component. I get to choose from none, reinstall, remove or change. I dont want to accidently remove exchange or change it...