MVP's LOOK!! HARD QUESTION, not an ID-10-T user!

Single EX-2003 SP2, running on 2003, SP2, current on all updates, have
Veritas 10.d installed as well as the Veritas CPS agent.

I have an ISA 2004 Appliance with forms based auth, RPC rules, etc.  All
works great 10+ smartphones synching, and 7+ Outlook clients connecting via
RPC o’v HTTP it works great.

Until it doesn’t.

multiple times now its stopped working.  ISA side is fine, I can see the
Authentication form, it seems that all other IIS services fail, without any
log errors, they just hang / stop serving pages  I can not recycle via an
IISRESET, or a simple stop/start of the default web. Exchange services
bounce, no joy.  I don't know what else to bounce.

I am forced to reboot.

It seems that the IIS element might be okay, ( at least it restarts) but
what’s broken, is what FEEDS the IIS information,  from Exchange.  Perhaps
The Virt Dir?  Os Is that the MTA?? or what?  However, localhost browses do
not serve up pages. Again, IIS successfully resets but is completely dead

All Internal Mapi Thick Client Outlook connections are fine.  Remote RPC
clients have to VPN, and then RPC switches over to TCP.

I'm looking for the way you can fully stop start what ever it is thats
broken, without having to reboot.  Or better, increase turn on Logging for
Active Synch,  and increase the resilience of whatever is breaking.  I can't
find much on the web, as I am unsure what is actually hanging on me in the
first place

0
plysaker (16)

Not an ID10T user, yet somehow you had to post this three times...

"plysaker" wrote:

> Single EX-2003 SP2, running on 2003, SP2, current on all updates, have
> Veritas 10.d installed as well as the Veritas CPS agent.
>
> I have an ISA 2004 Appliance with forms based auth, RPC rules, etc.  All
> works great 10+ smartphones synching, and 7+ Outlook clients connecting via
> RPC o’v HTTP it works great.
>
> Until it doesn’t.
>
> multiple times now its stopped working.  ISA side is fine, I can see the
> Authentication form, it seems that all other IIS services fail, without any
> log errors, they just hang / stop serving pages  I can not recycle via an
> IISRESET, or a simple stop/start of the default web. Exchange services
> bounce, no joy.  I don't know what else to bounce.
>

> I am forced to reboot.
>
> It seems that the IIS element might be okay, ( at least it restarts) but
> what’s broken, is what FEEDS the IIS information,  from Exchange.  Perhaps
> The Virt Dir?  Os Is that the MTA?? or what?  However, localhost browses do
> not serve up pages. Again, IIS successfully resets but is completely dead
>
> All Internal Mapi Thick Client Outlook connections are fine.  Remote RPC
> clients have to VPN, and then RPC switches over to TCP.
>
> I'm looking for the way you can fully stop start what ever it is thats
> broken, without having to reboot.  Or better, increase turn on Logging for
> Active Synch,  and increase the resilience of whatever is breaking.  I can't
> find much on the web, as I am unsure what is actually hanging on me in the
> first place

Why Can't MS Simply Drop Activation?
I have been reading through this newsgroup trying to decide what to do. I know this subject has come up but it bears repeating. The Quicken alternative seems to be a way off if you have a large amount of data (as I do). A lot of people may simply want to keep Money forever - even if services are lost in 2011. However, activation is the major problem. Most users change PC's every few years - or change OS's. This currently requires a new activation. Of course, I can buy a new copy of Money before June 30 - but this begs the question: What do I do in 2011 when activation is gone...

Can't track certain Outlook Contacts
Hi, For one of my users (crm 3.0 - Outlook 2003), the 'Track in CRM' button does not appear for certain contacts. About 2/3s of the contacts are fine. I thought it might be contacts created in the Blackberry then sync'd to Outlook but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm still working on finding a pattern, unfortunately this user is travelling a lot so it's hard for me to sit down with her and see what she's doing. I thought maybe someone may have had a similar experience. ...

user created shapes non printing
I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed before. When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the non-printing properly under FORMAT � BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing. Can I change this behavior? How are you creating the new shape? Also are you using layers in your document? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9ec427f7.0409231005.576...

Can't Make Attachment
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 and now I can't drag and drop files into a new mail message; even though I can click on the paper click and attach a file that way. I had this functionality prior to upgrading to Outlook 2003. I am running Windows XP. Please advise if anyone knows of a setting for this or a registry fix. Thanks.........Jason Steeves ...

Process all cells in a (user) selection
I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined selection; Dim aCell As Range For Each aCell In Sheet4.Range("A4:A34") ' Do Stuff Here Next aCell which processes every cell in the A4:A34 Range How do I do the same thing for a selection drawn by the user before pressing my 'Process' button ? Thanks On 05 May 2010 11:10:21 GMT, Isis <isissoft@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote: >I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined >selection; > >Dim aCell As Range >For Each aCell In S...

"All users" "Programs" create/modify shortcut from app...
Hi all, I've created two shortcuts into "Programs" folder for "All Users" It lets me to get them available for all user. The problem: Application running in "User" context needs to delete and re-create such links but it fails due to an "access denied" ... Settings correct permission to such links it starts working as well I've created links using the IShellLink/IPersistFile sehll interfaces. So, I actually need to have link under "programs" for "All Users" which might be modified by application running in "Users"...

Event ID 1456
I have Exchange 5.5 with service pack 4 On Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 platform. I am getting the MSExchangeMTA error EventID 1456 in resource category. Because of the problem mail delivery is very slow Please Help ...

Workflow Manager 10-16-03
Hi all, I have the same problem as discussed here. But no solution suggested here was successfully :-( I've played with the rights of the workflow service, and so on. Alwyas the same error: "You do not have sufficient rights ...". Any other ideas? Ralf. there is a fix for this - https://www.greatplains.com/customersource/support/downloads/hotfixes/tk29313hotfix.htm "Ralf Eisele" <ralf@extension.net> wrote in message news:uLrQ%2349kDHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have the same problem as discussed here. But no solution suggested he...

Excel question #9
Is there a way that I can transpose the order of the values in a cell? For example I have the values of 10.200.13.1 in a cell and I want to transpose(not sure if that is the correct term or not) the order of the values in the cell so that they appear as 1.13.200.10. thanks for any help as I have literally 4 pages of these kind of values that I have to flip. -- Brian blanktree at hotmail dot com Hi try the following user defined function from John Walkenbach's book Excel 2000 formulas (great resource by the way): Option Explicit Function REVERSETEXT(text) As String ' R...

User status in Sharepoint 3.0
I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is there away to do this with out office Communicator or free software to do this? We are a small company with about 10 users. Nothing I'm aware of. This is built in integration with the OCS platform. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089333D7-F0D4-4994-87E3-74A387AE33D0@microsoft.com... > I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is > there > away to...

Access 2007 Runtime 10-30-07
1. Can I distribute Accees 2003 applications using Access 2007 runtime? 2. Do I also need the runtime extensions? 3. Will installing the Access 2007 runtime and extensions affect my current Access 2003 (full version) software, already installed? ...

looking for cash drop and paid out reports
Does anyone have a report on these transactions that can be selected by date? Any help would be appreciated. Larry ...

List box with available queries question
I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all the queries within the database. The following code is what I have so far but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. SELECT [Name] FROM MSysObjects WHERE [TYPE] = 5 and LEFT([Name],1) <> "-" ORDER BY [Name]; "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F47BB77B-7B66-4860-8954-F4FE32FE7C3C@microsoft.com... >I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all >the > queries within the database. The following code is what...

Combo Box 02-10-08
I have a combo box in a form, it draws it's information from a table with two fields description and price. I can bind either one to a field (control source) in my form, but I wish to bind both fields i.e. when it puts the description into say field one I want the price to go into field two simultaneously. Merv R Merv, In the after update event of the combo Me.TheControlName = Me.TheComboName.Column(1) for the second field. Jeanette Cunningham "Merv R" <Merv R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84FC139D-83D8-46AA-87E6-A5655F50A744@microsoft.com... &...

Newbie Cell Reference Question...
Hello, I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I'm no quite sure what to search for as I'm not very good with excel. I'm making a spreadsheet where one sheet references another. I'll tr to explain this as best as possible.... I'm creating a spreadsheet for a fantasy basketball league. I have "Data" sheet that contains data for all players. I have another sheet "Teams" that has all the players on each team. Column B contains th players name, and column C contains a number that corresponds to th row this player is on in the dat...

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...

xsd question #5
I am doing a bulk load and an element name in the xsd and xml is named differently in the database. I can NOT change the database field or xml. Can I do anything with ehw XSD? The field name in the db is "CaseType" <xs:schema xmlns="" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema"> <xs:element name="Cases" sql:relation="PUCCASES"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="NbrOfCases" type="xs:decimal"/> <xs:ele...

can't find form
i have a command button on a form [frmMainMenu] that when clicked, closes that form and opens another [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions]. The 2 share the same table as a record source, so i'm doing this to avoid conflicting updates the code behind [frmMainMenu] reads like this (below), and functions correctly DoCmd.Close stDocName = "frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal on the new form [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions], there is a command button to save to close itself, and open the previous from [frmMainMenu], and the ...

Won't Remember Password #2
My email account calls for the password everytime I use it. Even when I check the box to remember my password, it won't retain it. I run XP. Anyone else having problems with this? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 = patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a = POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;290684 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

Import Customer Records
I am trying to import customer records and I am running into the following error: DOC 1 ERROR: Are you sure you want to delete this customer record? Ln 810 Col 2, Update module, Last CBOM field read was root.'Customer ID', Last window field visited was 'Clear Button' of window 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' of form 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' Any ideas? Thanks! Are you on the latest integration manager service pack? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at h...

Don't know where else to put q's. 2 questions. 11g Dongle and wire
What is and Acer WLAN 11g USB Dongle? It is some program that is on my computer and pops-up at start-up. I'v double clicked it, and nothing happens. I went on Acers site, and I can find nothing. Even some freeware mentions it, but they only talked about the freeware, not this WLAN 11g itself. And how can I tell if I have wireless or not. This seems like a nobrainer, you have it or not. But some documents on my computer mention wireless internet surfing in programs that are there. I use a high speed connection through an external modem that connects to my comuter and the w...

Can't Make this Work
I create a new Datasheet form from tlPB and get the "FIRST SQL VIEW". I then select DirectoryID and from the Row Source, I get the "SECOND SQL VIEW". I then select DeptID and from the Row Source, I get the "THIRD SQL VIEW". DirectoryID and DeptID are both Combo Boxes. Problem I want only those DeptID's that are related to the DirectoryID that has been entered in the Datasheet. Can someone show me how this is done? -------------------------------------------------------- FIRST SQL VIEW SELECT tblPB.PBID, tblPB.DirectoryID, tblPB.DeptID FROM t...

Can't open My Money 2000
Hello all, Version 4.90.3, Windows ME I am not sure if this is the proper newsgroup for this program, and if not, I do apologize. I have My Money 2000 on my computer, it came with the original install when I bought my computer. For some reason, I have not been able to open the program since last Sunday. I only use this for my personal check registry, and have all my records and such backed up to a floppy and a separate folder. I went to the folder that has the My Money files and tried to reinstall it by using the Setup, but, it says 'Setup could not open the file: C:\APPLZIP\MONEY\MONE...