multiple users send from common email address

Hello,

I have several users from support department (exchange 2003). Although they
have each his own email address, I would like to let them send email from a
common address such as support@company.com from their outlook clients.

Really, they could use the "reply to" field, but is there some simpler way?

On the other hand, I would like all of them to receive messages at
support@company.com address.
Is it possible?

many thanks in advance.
O.

0
Ondrej

Ondrej:

To get them all to receive mail at support@yourdomain.com, just create a
distribution group in Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) and put
them all in the group.  Then give the group an Exchange Alias (you should be
prompted for this if you are creating the group from a computer with the
Exchange System Manager installed).  If you name the group support (or at
least give it the alias of support), it should get support@yourdomain.com as
an email address, depending upon your Recipient policies.

Next, you can have each member send as the group by again going into ADUC and
going into the properties of that group and go to the Security tab.  You
will need to at least give each member of the group (or anyone you want to be
able to send mail as support@yourdomain.com) the Send As permission.  A
simpler way to do this is to create a Security group and mail enable it, and
then give that group the ability to Send As.

Then, on the client side (at least in Outlook), open up a new message and
then go to View->From Field and you can enter in an email address (the user
will need to have the Send As permission to successfully send the message).
The user won't need to do this each time, the From field will stay until it
is told not to be there anymore.

ScottM

"Ondrej Sevecek" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have several users from support department (exchange 2003). Although they
> have each his own email address, I would like to let them send email from a
> common address such as support@company.com from their outlook clients.
>
> Really, they could use the "reply to" field, but is there some simpler way?
>
> On the other hand, I would like all of them to receive messages at
> support@company.com address.
> Is it possible?
>
> many thanks in advance.
> O.

0
ScottM1326 (17)
6/15/2005 9:24:07 PM
SendAsGroup utility:
http://www.ivasoft.biz/sendasgroup.shtml
also could be useful.

--
Regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer

"ScottM" <ScottM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ondrej:
>
> To get them all to receive mail at support@yourdomain.com, just create a
> distribution group in Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) and put
> them all in the group.  Then give the group an Exchange Alias (you should
be
> prompted for this if you are creating the group from a computer with the
> Exchange System Manager installed).  If you name the group support (or at
> least give it the alias of support), it should get support@yourdomain.com
as
> an email address, depending upon your Recipient policies.
>
> Next, you can have each member send as the group by again going into ADUC
and
> going into the properties of that group and go to the Security tab.  You
> will need to at least give each member of the group (or anyone you want to
be
> able to send mail as support@yourdomain.com) the Send As permission.  A
> simpler way to do this is to create a Security group and mail enable it,
and
> then give that group the ability to Send As.
>
> Then, on the client side (at least in Outlook), open up a new message and
> then go to View->From Field and you can enter in an email address (the
user
> will need to have the Send As permission to successfully send the
message).
> The user won't need to do this each time, the From field will stay until
it
> is told not to be there anymore.
>
> ScottM
>

> "Ondrej Sevecek" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have several users from support department (exchange 2003). Although
they
> > have each his own email address, I would like to let them send email
from a
> > common address such as support@company.com from their outlook clients.
> >
> > Really, they could use the "reply to" field, but is there some simpler
way?

> > On the other hand, I would like all of them to receive messages at
> > support@company.com address.
> > Is it possible?
> >
> > many thanks in advance.
> > O.

0
no1498 (362)

addon that puts email address on cust. maint. window
Hello, We've done a gp addon (pkg) to put the email address directly on the customer maintenance window. You can edit it there. (We've also made our previous (wildly popular ;-) vba addon a part of it so when you click on it it will open outlook and start an email.) We've made this free for the GP community! (as appreciation for all the help! ;-) here: http://dynamicssmallbusiness.blogspot.com/2009/08/another-free-addon-to-make-dynamics-gp.html Thanks! matt landis "Making GP Easier to Use!" ...

Different Signitures for 'internal' emails
Hi I realise I can I set up different signatures for original/reply messages but can I do a similar thing for internal emails to colleagues in the company I work for (we have the same email address) for both original & reply messages. Please be aware this message has been cross posted to relevant NG's on this server to obtain the most accurate/quickest answers. What is the difference between microsoft.public.outlook & microsoft.public.outlook.general? Thanks Dave F. Dave F. <df@bh.cu.uk> wrote: > I realise I can I set up different signatures for original/reply &g...

Odd behavior when deleting email from a shared inbox.
We're using Exchange 03 and Outlook 07 Normally, when anyone using this shared inbox, the email is moved to that accounts deleted items folder. However, for just two users, the email gets moved to their own personal inbox... Any ideas on where I can even start looking for why that happens? I could not find anything on here or with a Google search. Thanks You'll have to enable this setting either via a registry key or Group Policy setting. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/130 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ...

outlook 2003 small buss. XP where is send button?!@#$

Email Notifications #6
We are using Exchagne 2003 and Outlook 2003. Is there any way for Exchange 2003 to send a notification to an external email address whenever a new message arrives in a specific user's mailbox? I know it sounds odd, but the messages cannot be simply forwarded due to regulatory concerns. I need to notifiy the user of a new message so that it can be viewed with OWA over an SSL connnection. Probably best asked in an exchange news group like = microsoft.public.exchange.admin since you are asking if Exchange can do = this, not Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

Re: Getting Spam Email as if i were sending it to myself
"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06e801c3a0fa$015bd6d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Recently, I have been getting Spam E mail as if it were > being sent by myself. I have set up rules that get rid > of most of the junk, but have also set a rule to not > block mail from personal contacts including my own > address. With that rule, somehow I am getting spam mail > as if i sent it to myself. Anyone know whats causing > this and the cure?? Spam senders can spoof any origination address they wish. If people avoid blocking their own...

Phantom Emailer?
I am running Windows 2000 Pro with Exchange 2000. I have one user who keeps getting undeliverable emails in her inbox that were sent from her, often at a time when the office is closed, to a user who was fired and uninstalled from our systems over a year ago! I have checked her delegates and no one is listed and I've verified the her emails are not being forwarded to another account. I have run Ad-aware and scanned for viruses on both our exchange server and on her local machine. Does anyone know what is going on here and how to fix it? Below I have included a copy of the u...

Sending Emails to around 1000 emails from one email.
Hi there, Can anyone help me how to send emails to 1000 email ID in one go from outlook 2003. I have to send newsletter to 1000 customers but i cant send more than 30 emails from Ms Outlook 2003. Please help me!!! Thank you Use a mail merge or, alternatively, contact your ISP and explain you = need the limit raised and for what purpose. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Anurag asked: | Hi there, |=20 | Can ...

Contact Group List
Thanks if you can help with this inquiry. Am assuming the contact group list is a particular file that I can attach? Where do I find this ? Contacts in Windows Mail are stored as individual .contact files, in C:\Users\yourlogin\Contacts However, your best bet is to open the Contacts folder, click on Export - CSV (Comma Separated Values) save to a location, then compose a message & attach the .csv file -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Vic33" <Vic33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

How can I customize the address book like with details templates please?
Hello, I know that you can modify the details templates for users, i.e., the form displayed when you select the Properties of a recipient, but how can I changes the fields displayed when a user opens the address book by clicking on Tools - Address Book in Outlook? I need to change the field displayed for the office address to use an extensionAttribute. Thanks, - Alan. No one uses the Address Book view for anything, nor should they. It is not an interface intended for any data entry or modification, and if you use it that why, you'll regret it. -- Russ Valentine &qu...

Force Account Selection on Sending Mail
I have quite a few email accounts setup in my Outlook. From time to time I need email to go out through a specific account. Most of the time I forget to pick that account from the "Accounts" drop down menu. Is there a way to force Outlook to prompt me for the account to use when sending new mail? I'm open to third party software if that's an option. thanks, ..brit Try looking at http://www.slipstick.com for third party add-ins. Outlook cannot force an account choice. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All u...

email servers failed test
I submitted my domain to a popular test site and got the below failures. I googled and tried setting up Open DNS servers, but no joy. How do I go about resolving the below issues? thanks FAILED: TCP allowed Checks that all nameservers respond to queries over TCP. No nameservers respond to queries via TCP. If no nameservers respond to TCP connections, this means that standard zone transfers (usually for slave DNS server replication) and most DNSSEC functions will not work. This can cause difficult to diagnose issues with those protocols. The nameservers that failed TCP querie...

Deleted user issue #2
I have several users who when you send a meeting request to I get a bounce back from the old admin who has left the company. This only happens for some of the users and not all that the admin may have had access for. Have checked delegates at the server and the client and both are empty. Any ideas out there why this may happen. you checked on the actual desktop Outlook profile of the person who used to have them listed as a delegate? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "SMTIT" <SMTIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91E7C8AF-F14D-4ADD-9CE6-E4DD52BB0F54@microsoft.com...

email 02-11-07
hi guys I defined new entity called telesales like account and contact with relation with activity the problem is can not send email telesales people just for leads and accounts and contacts Please how I can solve this issue or if there is a way to make around solution Thanks ...

Export unique address from multiple contacts with same address
I have multiple contacts in Outlook 2003 with the same address. An example is: I have 10 addresses for ABC Company, 123 Any Street, I need to export 1 record for ABC Company, 123 Any Street. How can I export these contacts so I have a single record per unique address? "brownmc" <brownmc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB1DB308-9DA4-403E-BA82-789C09AE0CC4@microsoft.com... > I have multiple contacts in Outlook 2003 with the same address. An example > is: I have 10 addresses for ABC Company, 123 Any Street, I need to export > 1 > reco...

How to manually color individual emails in my Inbox
I want to have an important eamil stand out in my Inbox listing of all of my emails by selecting it to be red. I have accidentally done this once before, but could not repeat it. Flag it for follow up, set the due date yesterday (or tomorrow, if you don't want it red quite yet) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSL...

E-mail parts of 1 Reports to different users
I am not a coder and not familiar with VBA but I'm hoping osmeone can help me with my problem: I have a 600 page report grouped by ID number and I would like to know how to program this one report into creating a pdf file or snapshot and auto e-mail to each of the ID owner. I have the adobe writer so I can print the report to adobe, I'm just not sure how to make the report print in multiple files based on ID number. I would really appreaciate all the help. ...

Sending out the letters created in letter writing wizard via Outlo
Hi, the letter writing wizard in GP is wonderful but we were thinking if there would be a change to how it integrates to the MS Office suite with the new trend of operations. People use the email rather than hard copies today. Is there any development along this area or does anyone know of any solution we can look at - where users can utilise the emails created in the customer card and fully optimise the letter writing wizard, which can be used for notifications etc. Any input/info on this would be much much appreciated. Thank you Hi Annie_soh There are a TON of third party ISV...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

Sorting Multiple Columns
We have a phone list that I think needs some improvement. The perso that maintains the company phone list and sends it via email is no very proficient in excel. This leads to many lists that need to b resent to everybody twice or three times every month because of errors Here is the way the phone list is set up and all the users have Exce 2002. A4:A64 has the employees first name, B has the last name, C ha the dept., D has the ext. then, there is a divider in the page and th same format is used starting at G4:G64 with the next first name in th group. We have some of our company logos in...

delegates: sending on behalf of hiding
Hi all, would anyone know if it's possible to hide the actual person that sends an email "on behalf of"? Currently, when someone sends "on behalf of" it will say "FirstName LastName [email@domain.top]; on behalf of; Firstname Lastname[email2@domain.top]". I'd like it to just look like email2@domain.top or something like that. Thanks, Rogier. In news:eNhlf.3020$j7.73598@news.indigo.ie, Rogier Schoenmakers <rogierschoenmakers@eircom.net> typed: > Hi all, > > would anyone know if it's possible to hide the actual person that >...

Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"
Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? It would really be cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do. Thanks, Tom "Tom K" <thomasDOTkerA@Thighmark.com> wrote in message news:OHs6X%23LsKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? It would really be > cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do. > > Thanks, > > Tom > I don't know that there is a way (or not) to cut this feature from the Right Click menu, but there's no way to keep a user fro...

User logins/tracking sales
I'm curious to know if there is any way to force users to have to log in or identify them selves for every transaction. Right now, once one of my employees logs in in the morning they all just use that account and I cannot identify who made what sales. I know they could manually do it by clicking Secure (F9), but I don't want to rely on them to do that. I want the system to force it for every transaction, even if its just picking their name from a list or something. It just needs to be automatic otherwise I wont get consistent information. You can tell RMS to login in for every...

SBS2003-Outlook2007: no new email for one user
About six weeks ago, one laptop user of a small SBS system stopped seeing new mail. OWA could see it, it was getting forwarded to the user's private account, it just wasn't showing in Outlook. Tried turning off cached mode, the user could see the new mail, but it obviously wasn't getting cached, and this user spends a lot of time out of the office and much of that offline. About the only suspicious thing I could see was that the mailbox was almost exactly at 4GB. As far as I could find, there's a default .ost size limit, but it's of the order of 16GB, certa...

email #59
i have been using Outlook 2000 SR-1 for some time for email traffic. Yeserday I was able to send messages, but not able to receive same. Problem continues today. I've confirmed the ID and password settings, as well as the outgoing and incoming server settings and all looks good. My service provider has confirmed thise settings with me and still no luck. Any suggestions/recommendations?? ...