Multiple SMTP Virtual Servers

I would like to setup a seperate Virtual Server for sending outbound mail
outside of our exchange installation.  I can setup a virtual server and test
it, but I want to know if I can seperate out the mailroot directory from the
default server mailroot directory.  I have seen the articles on moving the
default directory to gain speed, but nothing regarding having two seperate
mailroot directories.

Thank you,

0
Curtis (31)

Curtis <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to setup a seperate Virtual Server for sending outbound mail
>outside of our exchange installation.  I can setup a virtual server and test
>it, but I want to know if I can seperate out the mailroot directory from the
>default server mailroot directory.  I have seen the articles on moving the
>default directory to gain speed, but nothing regarding having two seperate
>mailroot directories.

Each VS gets its own subdirectory within mailroot. The 1st is "vsi 1",
the next will be "vsi 2".

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

HQ Server Runtime Error
I am getting a message from HQServer that says "The specified path Cannot be found". After clicking OK to that msgbox, HQServer closes. I know this is very little information, but HQServer takes so few parameters, I can't think of what "Path" HQServer could be refering to. Any help would be appreciated. It's probably one of the paths set up in HQ Administrator, Configuration. These paths tell HQ Manger where to look for things like reports and templates... Most likely a network path that the windows user you logged in as does not have access to, or on a ma...

Multiple connections from ADP to SQL Server with OpenConnection
I have an ADP project with a back end SQL Server. I'm using the following code to connect to the database. But this will only allow me one user to connect using the front end ADP. Once the first user has logged on a second user cannot seem to connect as it can't open anotehr connection. Does anyone know how I can overcome this or is there a way of specifying/allowing multiple connections? Application.CurrentProject.OpenConnection _ "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;" _ + "Persist Security Info=false;" _ + "Initial Catalog=" & strDa...

Filter from multiple fields using the same filter criterion
Hi, I have a user who would like to know if she can filter multiple fields, using the same filter criterion for each field, but she doesn't want to set the criteria for each field because there are over 100 fields. I haven't seen the database yet, but can only assume it's not set up very well, if she is looking for the same criteria in multiple fields within the same table. I haven't found a way to filter directly through Access without setting the criterion for each field. Does anyone know a way? Is there a way to do it through VBA, maybe? We are using Access 2007 /...

Multiple XY pairs in scatter plot Excel 2007
I want to create a trajectory plot, being that each trajectory is a set of XY pairs (2 columns). For that I've been using the scatter plot, however if I select more then one pair of XY columns Excel creates multiple Y series using the first column as X axis values for all the series. So I have been forced to add series one by one in the Select data menu. Since I have hundreds of trajectories to plot, I'm searching for a more practical way to add series to the graph. I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue. An am assuming the x-values for the two sets of data are not the ...

Reporting Services
Hi, I have 3 questions (effectively the same if the answer is no to no1) My client wishes to use the IIS Server as the host of the Report Server website. The database will be held on the SQL Server. 1. They wish to however have users design the reports on the SQL Server - is this possible? and if so what components need to be installed on the IIS BOx and what need to be installed on the SQL Server? 2. I know that once Report Server is installed on the IIS Box you use the configuration wizard to point the database to the SQL Server and am happy with this - but I cannot then figure out ...

Money 2006 Small Business and SQL Server
Greetings, all! I would like to integrate Money 2006 Small Business with SQL Server, but I'm not looking for anything extensive... Does anyone know whether I can: 1. Use a SQL Server contacts database to provide Money with contact information (rather than entering it again into Money)? 2. Output financial data from Money to SQL Server. This is not a high priority need. If it cannot be done directly, I know I can use Excel as a midpoint. My main interest is in being able to use my SQL Server based DB for all my contact information in every application that uses contact data, ...

SMTP Queue issue #2
There are a couple domains that we are having an issue sending email to. For example AOL. If we try to send email to any AOL email account the messages stay hung-up in our Queue and never gets sent. When I ping aol.com I do get an IP address but no reply probably because they block requests. Is there anything else I can do to fix this issue? Thanks in advance Greg aol has started not allowing emails to be delivered if the sending domain doesnt have a valid ptr record in DNS you might also look into configuring an SPF record "Greg" <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Saving as PDF with multiple pages per sheet?
When I go to "Page Setup" then "Advanced" there is an option for "Multiple pages per sheet". I'm trying to get 9 business cards on one page. I'm able to do that with the advanced setting in "Page Setup". However, "Page Setup" appears to only be for when printing. How can I take (or recreate) the page setup I created so that my actual document looks the same, so that I can then save it as a PDF with 9 business cards showing on one page? What size are your cards? If you manually arrange the cards then they should be ...

Adding multiple items to a discount schedule in HQ
I would like to run a discount every Wednesday on most items in my store from 8am to 11am. I know how to create the schedule but can't seem to find a way to add the items to this schedule in HQ without going through each individual item. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi, I am just looking through old posts. Are you still wondering about how to script this change? -- Jocelyn "Pierre" wrote: > I would like to run a discount every Wednesday on most items in my store from > 8am to 11am. I know how to create the schedule but can't seem to find a way &g...

Upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 & changing physicall servers
Hello! I have question regarding physicall server change when upgrading CRM from 3.0 to 4.0? Does change of physicall server change situation with upgrade if I want all data to be also in new CRM? Thank you in advance for help. Is your new physical server going to be 32 bits or 64 bits OS? Review the following link for ideas: http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A2586C4AB938C065!310.entry Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Liega Buracevska" wrote: > Hello! > I have question regarding physicall server change when upgradi...

CRM 4.0: Report Wizard - Query execution failed for data set 'DSMain'.
How come the following report made by Report Wizard fail ? An error has occurred during report processing. Query execution failed for data set 'DSMain'. The column 'accountid' was specified multiple times for 'account0'. The report is designed as follows: New Report, Start a new report, Reportname = "test" Primary record type : Accounts Use saved view: Active Accounts Add a single column = AccountName All the rest is default choices. Changing saved view to My Active Accounts yields the same result. Changing saved view to Accounts: Responded to Campaingns ...

Exchange 2003 virtual server config
Currently my existing mail server has 1 SMTP virual server with settings: Authentication: yes Anonymous, no resolve anonymous email, no basic authetication, yes integrated windows authentication. Connection: All except list below, list is empty Relay: Only list below, list contains an old (now) unused IP, no allow all computers which successfully authenticate, regardless of list above. Users: Authenticated Users can submit and relay. This results in my server denying all SMTP connections to clients such as Outlook, Outlook Express, and 3rd part SMTP senders like Backup Exec or What's up...

applyng a multiple header row across pages in default table style
Hello, I want to set up the default table format on an RTF document that will take the fist 2 rows in my table and repeat them as a header on all the pages the table extends to. so I need to know 2 things 1. how do i edit the default table style 2. is it possible to set the first 2 rows as the header. the data in my table is generated automatically and I don't know in advance how big it will be. thank you 1. Use the Modify Style dialog box to modify a table style in Word. The exact steps depend on your version of Word. 2. As far as I know, this is not possible in...

Problem with TLS (smtp) on E2k3.
Our server smtp logs shows an incoming connection from a site with just STARTTLS (cs-method) and 220 (sc-status)... It seems a few such sites can't send email to us because of the TLS configuration. I've searched around and can't find any reference to sharing the smtp config to allow both normal smtp and TLS (secure) email connection. Any advice will be appreciated... rgds, - ron Oh yes, also, it shows a 503 status after the 220 status... "Ronnie Corny" <ronniecorny@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23TklBN4VGHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Our server ...

Using POP for incoming, SMTP for outgoing
In Outlook Express, I could set up an account that used my company's POP3 mail server for incoming and my ISP's SMTP mail server for outgoing mail. I have set all the same types of settings in Outlook 2002 (I've downloaded & installed all the lastest patches, fixes, etc.). It won't let me send. I can receive, but it won't send Any ideas or further resources are appreciated. joezeppy wrote: > In Outlook Express, I could set up an account that used my company's > POP3 mail server for incoming and my ISP's SMTP mail server for > outgoing mail. I h...

Not quite a GC server
The primary Win 2003 DC crashed, so I promoted my alternate DC. However, unable to get all roles transferred (seized) OK. Even though I was logged in as the EnterpriseAdmin/SchemaAdmin, NTDSutil said that I did not have permission to seize the schema master role. dcdiag reports that the new DC "...has not finished promoting to be a GC." and "...is not advertising as a global catalog." For the Schema Owner role, it also shows the original DC, instead of the new one. Then I ran 'dsquery server -isgc' and it said that the new DC was the GC. This is ...

SMTP Authentication and Relay problem #2
Hello everybody We got a strange problem and I hope, someone can help me. We have 3 Exchange servers. One is configured as a Front-End server with 2 virtual smtp servers. 1 smtp virtual server for receiving mail from the internet and the other for our users to send mails. The second smtp virtual server needs authentication and is ssl secured. This server is an Exchange 2003 server with Service Pack 2 installed. The second server is an Exchange 2000 Back-End server hosting some mailboxes. The third is an Exchange 2003 server Back-End server also hosting some other mailboxes. If I want to s...

Auto-reply at the server level
I have a client that has one generic email address that is mailbox enabled. It will receive messages at all hours from all over the country and this is why I need my solution to run at the server level. Right now we have an outlook client running with several rules on it to manipulate the messages the way we want. This is what we are wanting to get away from. The following is what I need: 1. a message comes to email@domain.com and it either has an attachment or it doesn't. a. if it has an attachment then it sends the autoreply message A, says thank you, then forward...

Multiple Exchange Servers on one domain
Is it possible for two exchange servers to use the same domain name with each accepting mail for specific addresses? I have two sites several thousand miles apart that are on the same network but I would prefer that they each have a local exchange server rather than a centralized one. Can this be done without some type of replication solution? "MJG" <MJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0754729A-03D9-47E8-BFCD-AA66DF275249@microsoft.com... > Is it possible for two exchange servers to use the same domain name with > each > accepting mail for sp...

Problems with POP3 and SMTP
We have an Exchange Server 5.5 and Outlook 2000 as client running on several computers with windows 95/98/me/2000/XP. The problem is Outlook shows this message "POP3 sever cannot be found". If I close Outlook and open it again, sometimes, it retrieve the incoming mails. Same happens with outgoing mail. I have check the POP3/STMP server when the error shows up and it's running fine. Notice that POP3 and STMP server have the same name: mail.domain.xxx.xx I'll appreciate any help. Thanks ...

Multiple Criteria in Listbox
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm not a programmer but found this really nice piece of code that I have been using but it needs to be altered. I am using Access 2002. I have code on a button click event. This code allows me to pick multiple course titles, [txtCourseTitle] from a list box and generate reports for all the courses I've chosen. Now I need to add a second piece of criteria. I now have a list box with two fields, [txtCourseTitle] and [dtmStartDate]. The [dtmStartDate] is entered as 01/01/2010 but is formatted as a long date. I need the date too because...

Multiple criteria count
Hi ppl, Well what i want the formula to calculate is, count the rows whic contains lets say "Companyname" in column B and "yes" in column I. But with the formula i use now it doesn't include the rows wit "Companyname USA" so how can i achieve this ?? And this is what i got so far: {=SUM(IF('2003'!B1:B1500="companyname";IF('2003'!I1:I1500="yes";1;0)))} Thnx in Advance Siny- ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://...

AOL POP server folder got empty by Outlook without notification
Using just AOL Email does not empty AOL Server Folder. I can eccess my Mail from any remote PC. If open my Microsoft Outlook it empties AOL Server Email Folder. Please, Help how avoid empty AOL Email Server Folder -- Ilya Thats the default behaviour for a pop account, unless you select the option to 'Leave a copy on the server' When using the web mail interface you are seeing what is on the server "Ilya" <Ilya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0133F67A-209D-4D1D-AE5A-7DB55F1A0958@microsoft.com... > Using just AOL Email does not empty...

cannot delegate task to someone in project server 2003
In Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3), we cannot delegate tasks. When we try to delegate a task, the Windows Internet Explorer status bar indicate that an error has occurred. If we click Error on the status bar, we see information that resembles the following information: Char: 5 Error: 'document.frames.idExecASP.document.all.nErr.value' is null or not an object Code: 0 URL: http://cdc-ho-epm/ProjectServer/Tasks/DelegatePage.asp?NumNotDeleg-0 Please guide me in this regard that how do we solve this issue. ...

when an exchange server 2003 goes down
4 servers are running under Windows 2003 active directory. Exchange server 2003 is up and running without a glitch. We're nor using clusters. Almost everything is redundant (hardware and real time files replication from server to server) That told, I would like to add a level of redundancy to the exchange server in the event that something goes wrong. Can you point me out to something I could work on? thank you Thomas That really depends on your budget. For starters I would establish solid backup plan after doing a lot of research, test it a frequently, and do save those transact...