Multiple SMTP Domains to 1 Exchange Server

Hello,

I know it is possible to have multiple domains deliver email to 1 Exchange
2003 server, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I have two domains, one.com and two.net.  One.com is my original domain and
internal and external dns are both one.com and everything has always worked
fine.  I want to add an additional domain, call it two.net.  I setup the
domain in the Recipient Update list in Exchange System Manager and when I
ping two.net from outside my network, it resolves up to the proper external
IP.

However, whenver I send mail to anyone@two.net from externally, I get the
following kickback:

contact your system administrator.   <(Sending server) #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1
Unable to relay for anyone@twp.net>

I'm not sure what I'm missing here, if it is something with Exchange, or
internal DNS or external DNS, but if anyone could offer advice it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
mrb280@psu.edu (Feel free to contact directly for more info, thanks)
0
Mike1154 (1216)

This article should help:

Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

> Hello,
>
> I know it is possible to have multiple domains deliver email to 1 Exchange
> 2003 server, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
>
> I have two domains, one.com and two.net.  One.com is my original domain
> and
> internal and external dns are both one.com and everything has always
> worked
> fine.  I want to add an additional domain, call it two.net.  I setup the
> domain in the Recipient Update list in Exchange System Manager and when I
> ping two.net from outside my network, it resolves up to the proper
> external
> IP.
>
> However, whenver I send mail to anyone@two.net from externally, I get the
> following kickback:

> contact your system administrator.   <(Sending server) #5.7.1 smtp;550
> 5.7.1
> Unable to relay for anyone@twp.net>
>
> I'm not sure what I'm missing here, if it is something with Exchange, or
> internal DNS or external DNS, but if anyone could offer advice it would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
> mrb280@psu.edu (Feel free to contact directly for more info, thanks)

0
neil.hobson (1158)
6/23/2005 8:14:06 AM
I suggest you go to www.dnsreport.com to test  your .net domain dns config
is correct or not!
> Hello,
>
> I know it is possible to have multiple domains deliver email to 1 Exchange
> 2003 server, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
>
> I have two domains, one.com and two.net.  One.com is my original domain
> and
> internal and external dns are both one.com and everything has always
> worked
> fine.  I want to add an additional domain, call it two.net.  I setup the
> domain in the Recipient Update list in Exchange System Manager and when I
> ping two.net from outside my network, it resolves up to the proper
> external
> IP.
>
> However, whenver I send mail to anyone@two.net from externally, I get the
> following kickback:

> contact your system administrator.   <(Sending server) #5.7.1 smtp;550
> 5.7.1
> Unable to relay for anyone@twp.net>
>
> I'm not sure what I'm missing here, if it is something with Exchange, or
> internal DNS or external DNS, but if anyone could offer advice it would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
> mrb280@psu.edu (Feel free to contact directly for more info, thanks)

0
jammylo (214)
6/23/2005 8:34:06 AM
This article is what I had already described that I had done.  I know my DNS
is correct because when the message gets bounced back, it comes from my
Exchange server, so the mail is getting to it, just not getting in.  Do the
Exchange Services need to be restarted?  Is there a known bug for this?
After the RUS updates, I can go into any user account and see the updated
domain info, and I can email using the new addresses internally within my
network, just not from the outside world.  I have my server locked down
against open relays, does something need to be changed with that?

Thanks

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> This article should help:
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
>
> For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>
> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I know it is possible to have multiple domains deliver email to 1 Exchange
> > 2003 server, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
> >
> > I have two domains, one.com and two.net.  One.com is my original domain
> > and
> > internal and external dns are both one.com and everything has always
> > worked
> > fine.  I want to add an additional domain, call it two.net.  I setup the
> > domain in the Recipient Update list in Exchange System Manager and when I
> > ping two.net from outside my network, it resolves up to the proper
> > external
> > IP.
> >
> > However, whenver I send mail to anyone@two.net from externally, I get the
> > following kickback:

> > contact your system administrator.   <(Sending server) #5.7.1 smtp;550
> > 5.7.1
> > Unable to relay for anyone@twp.net>
> >
> > I'm not sure what I'm missing here, if it is something with Exchange, or
> > internal DNS or external DNS, but if anyone could offer advice it would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike
> > mrb280@psu.edu (Feel free to contact directly for more info, thanks)

0
Mike1154 (1216)
6/23/2005 12:23:13 PM
I had the exact same problem.
Did you solve it ? If yes please let me know how.

Ergot (1)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

multiple flyers per page?