Multiple SMTP Domain #2

Our company has a need where we need to accept mail going to multiple smtp
domains, eg. contoso.org and contoso.com.  I am planning on configuring this
as per article 289833.

My question / concern is when a user is accepting mail addressed to
user@contoso.org, I want the response to be from user@contoso.org.  Likewise,
if mail is sent to user@contoso.com, I want the response to be from
user@contoso.com.  My concern is that there is the "set as primary" exchange
properties item may allow mail sent to user@contoso.org to show a response
from user@contoso.com (or vise versa depending on what the "set as primary"
configurations are set as).

Any suggestions on this would be great!

BJ
0
BJ (832)

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:45:03 -0700, bj <bj@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Our company has a need where we need to accept mail going to multiple smtp
>domains, eg. contoso.org and contoso.com.  I am planning on configuring this
>as per article 289833.
>
>My question / concern is when a user is accepting mail addressed to
>user@contoso.org, I want the response to be from user@contoso.org.  Likewise,
>if mail is sent to user@contoso.com, I want the response to be from
>user@contoso.com.  My concern is that there is the "set as primary" exchange
>properties item may allow mail sent to user@contoso.org to show a response
>from user@contoso.com (or vise versa depending on what the "set as primary"
>configurations are set as).
>
>Any suggestions on this would be great!
>
>BJ

Yes indeed.
See www.ivasoft.biz. "ChooseFrom"

0
mark7219 (5666)

email & calendar forward to unknown domain users
I have two EX secretaries that when some people create a calendar apptn for various users they get "postmaster" email notifying them of undeliverable to people who are no longer here and had their exchange mailbox remove as well as their domain login . Any idea where to look in Exchange 2003 for where these individual names are still embedded somewhere? I cant find it in the individual Outlook profile sending the apptn or in the domain or in server manager application. thanks for any help, Raul Rego NJPIES Delegate entries for people who are still there. ...

How to sort multiple sheets (which have same format) at one time?
I have a workbook with multiple sheets which have the same format. I need to sort all in the same manner. How can this be done. I noticed that the sort function is not available when selecting/grouping multiple sheets. I'm going to take you at your word and make a few assumptions. Taking you at your word: ALL sheets in the workbook need to be sorted. Assumptions: only 1 column is used to determine the sort order, and the sort is to be in ascending order. The following code will do that, and allows you to define which columns are included in the sort, and which column ...

Linking 2 workbooks
What is the formula/procedure to link an entry in a Source workbook to an identified name in another workbook? Example: Sam makes numerous donations over time that are entered into the main spreadsheet. Entry of a given donation should automatically appear as a separate entry in his own identified workbook. ...

SMTP Authentication Reset
Exchange Server 2003. Windows Server 2003. I was getting a lot of ananymous (junk emailers) connecting to my Default SMTP Virtual Server, so I set this SMTP server to require "Basic authentication (password is sent in clear text)." That seemed to work for a while. I checked this morning and saw some more junk emailers connected. I checked the connect settings and they had been reset to "Anonymous access." I did reboot the system last night. How or why would this setting have been reset? Any suggestions as to further steps I need to take? -- Dr. Doug Pruiett G...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

MS Money small business for Canada #2
Hi, I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. Regards, Alex In microsoft.public.money, Alex wrote: > > >I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company >accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this >product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. The last such product was Money 2000. Today only Standard is available for Canada. Th...

get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates
Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? Thanks, Racsus (Racsus@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? DECLARE @offset int, @day varchar(10) SELECT @day = 'Tuesday' SELECT @offset = CASE @day WHEN 'Monday' THEN 1 WHEN 'Tuesday' THEN 2 WHEN 'Mittwoch' THEN 3 WHEN 'Thursday' THEN 4 WHEN 'Friday' THEN 5 ...

MSPOS 2.0
To change the behavior of the screen's min/max buttons one must enable it through the POS View. Need to be able to set this in Manager View also for non-POS machines without having to hack the database. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Auto Format #2
Can't find Auto Format, did excel 2007 decide not to have this function, is there a similiar function to be used instead of autoformat? Hi Ness! If you want to select a formatting for your table select Format as Table in the Home Tab of the Ribbon. I believe that is the replacement for the Auto Format command in the previous versions of Microsoft Excel. Hope this Helps! -- Chester C. Coronel Junior BSIT Student University of Asia and the Pacific, Philippines Read the StudentEmpowered Blog!http://msforums.ph/blogs/chestercoronel "Ness" wrote: > Can't find Auto F...

Can I forward all messages received from a specific domain?
I'd like to set up a rule for an exchange user that forwards all mail they receive from a particular domain to another user's exchange mailbox. I tried setting up a rule where the "From" field was configured with a domain name only (From: specificdomain.com). I tested by having someone from that domain send an email to the user, but the rule did not fire; the message was never forwarded. Is there a valid syntax for creating a rule that should fire for all email from a particular domain? It's not practical in this case to set up multiple rules to fire on incom...

Unable to send emails #2
My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks "TPSchaefer" <TPSchaefer@hotmail.com> wrote: >My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the >server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. > >Any ideas would be appreciated. Fix your DNS or your network connection to your DNS. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm I have...

XML ASP.NET 2.o Issue
Hi, I have the following code and I'm using News.xsl to read the XML file - Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- THIS PAST (myXml.Document) IS NOT WORKING IN ASP.NET 2.0 '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- myXml.Document = getXML(nSource.SelectedItem.Value) End Sub Function getXML(ByVal sourceFile As String) Dim myRequest As System.Net.WebRequest = System.Net.WebRequest....

ms pos 1.2 weird word jumble
Store Operations Manager was not working, so I did a repair install. After the repair, the wrong phrases were in the wrong spot. For example, instead of cancel it says "category code" and instead of file it says "Filter:" Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? I took a screenshot of the home screen so you can see the weirdness for yourself: http://picasaweb.google.com/MissVoldemort/Weird#5349426894521446370 ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Account...

Sending mail for different domains through different IP's
I have searched with Google and looked through newgroups but have not found the answer to my following question. I have seen similar questions, but none that describe my exact situation, although it must be quite common. Assumptions: - I have 2 internet-domains, let's call them ABC.com and 123.com - I have 2 NT login domain accounts. One with e-mail aliasses for domain ABC.com and one for domain 123.com - I also have 5 IP addresses configured on the network-card from the server, let's call them IP1 through IP5. All addresses are sequential on the same subnet - I want outgoing message...

Sum Multiple Worksheets, same named cell
I have multiple worksheets containing the same named cell (e.g. Month_Total). On a totals worksheet, I am not able to use =SUM('START,END'!Month_Total) because of the local/global naming. Is there a way around this? (Month_Total will not always be in the same cell on each worksheet). Thanks! It seems to me that you have two options. 1. Name each of your "Monthly Total"s slightly different. OR 2. Do not use the cell range naming. "uncreative" <uncreative@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60A150C6-50BC-4876-A31F-1C...

Outlook 2003 -receiving multiple copies of messages
The setup. SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL pop box) WinXP Pro OutLook 2003 Clients (All fully service packed up) Situation. I send a message from an external source, be it hotmail or home account or even from another company to say 3 people at our company. john@mycomp.com, jim@mycomp.com, fred@mycomp.com. they all get the same message 3 times. If I try this from within the company they only get the message once. Any ideas would be very welcome. Thanx in advance of any help. John R Giddy_uk wrote: > The setup. > SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL...

Data sheet populating into multiple sheets
I'm looking to build a spreadsheet with one main page that can be populated with data and automatically pull that data over to other more specific sheets. For example, If I have sales on the main sheet and have check boxes for more specific sales on the same sheet (i.e. liquor sales, food sales etc..) I want that number to poulate on the specific sales sheet. I'm assumming I have to wite an IF/Then Statement to say if an "x" is put into a cell then copy and past the data in the specified cells within that row and pull that information over to sheet Y. One respon...

Multiple database files created
I have an Access 2007 database that resides on our company's server. The database tracks incoming and outgoing shipments and is used by several employees throughout the day. I've noticed that in the folder where the database resides several additional database files are created throughout the day with names like database.mdb, database1.mdb, database2.mdb, etc. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The database was created with Access 2007 using the 2003 mdb file format, as most of the end users have Office 2003 applications. Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com 1. Turn off...

Xml validation against xsd #2

Missing Recipients #2
We are running Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 with all of the service packs for both. Recently we noticed that when users sent email sometimes the recipients would appar blank. The recipients were present when the email was sent and they also received the message, however when we look in sent items or the recipient pulls up the message in their inbox it will just display a blank field in the To field. I am certain that they are not using the BCC field and it happens to multiple users so it's not specific to somebody's computer. What is causing this issue? ...

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...

Auto Assigning Categories #2
Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. Is there a way to assign one transaction then have Money update all similar transactions with my the new category assignment. Also will money remember the new category assignment and auto assign all similar future transactions? -- Joe In microsoft.public.money, Joe Robison wrote: >Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to >transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. I...

dynamic named range #2
thank-you, as usual, top notch! E -- ExcelMonke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelMonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=522 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26678 ...

Domino and Exchange 2003 SMTP How do you run both at the same time ?
Currently my company is migrating from Lotus Notes (ver 5.010) to Exchange 2003 Server. I had the mx record for our domain changed to add the new exchange server and the priority is set the same as the notes server. I set it up this way because I was told that e-mail would check both servers and would go to the server which the user had an e-mail account on. I was trying to make migration easier by being able to move people to the new server in small groups instead of causing mass confusion and un-controlled anger at their favorite MIS guy... What happens is the exchange server sends a bounc...

sorting text in 2 columns by likeness
I have 2 columns of text with number values associated with them. Amy 21 Amanda 12 Bill 12 Amy 18 Chris 32 Bill 23 Kathy 8 Chris 12 Kim 15 Curtis 32 Todd 23 Katrhy 21 Todd 5 I need to be able to sort these like this Amanda 12 Amy 21 Amy 18 Bill 12 Bill 23 Chris 32 Chris ...