Multiple SMTP Address

If a user is set up to have multiple SMTP address setup in active directory.
When they send an email in outlook how can they chose which one it is from.
0
Shane (53)

You can only do this, in the setup you describe, by using a 3rd party app
such as ChooseFrom from www.ivasoft.biz
--
Mark Arnold.

"Shane" wrote:

> If a user is set up to have multiple SMTP address setup in active directory.
> When they send an email in outlook how can they chose which one it is from.
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/31/2005 1:47:05 PM
On Tue, 31 May 2005 06:41:03 -0700, "Shane"
<Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If a user is set up to have multiple SMTP address setup in active directory.
>When they send an email in outlook how can they chose which one it is from.

They dont, unless they use Outlook Express, use multplie mailboxes or
use something like ChooseFrom ( You can google that).

0
adavid (8731)

Outlook 2003 Global Address List
Hi, I have a couple of issues with the Outlook 2003 Global Address List: Firstly, the list appears not to be 'Global' as it appears to be different on some PCs to that listed in Exchange 2003 on the server. It may or may not be part of the same problem, but there doesn't seem to be any roll-out of changes either. Secondly, I've managed to add one new user to an 'all users' mailgroup, but unlike previous occasions, I haven't been able to add this user to the Exchange 2003 Address List. Please help! Thankyou very much. Keith Is Outlook 2003 configured for ...

I have to find the sender's email address
I have to find the sender's email address. But oMsg.SenderName -- > Sender Name returns the name. How can I find the email address? Thanks. oMsg.SenderEmailAddress -- Remember, the object browser (F2 in VBA) is your friend. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "win" <wintelreport@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5992e67c-6655-4638-bf58-6ca1d60a52a4@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I have to find the sen...

Excel /vba / computer IP address
I need urgent help. How can I protect an excel file to a specific computer using VBA? (A excel file that can only be open or used in a specific computer) I was thinking in using the computer IP address, does somebody knows how can I get the computer IP, using visual basic in a excel worksheet? I would really appreciate you help Thanks (My email fcarvalho@portugalmail.com) -- jolipe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jolipe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Permissions in AD for ADD/Change/Modify smtp proxy addresses
I have an Accounts Operator group that no longer can add or modify the SMTP Proxy email addresses in user properties. Don't know what happen, but could someone please tell me what specific permissions I need to give them to be able to add/change these addresses in user properties?? Thanks, Dana ...

Selecting Multiple Cells.
I know how to select a range of cells by specifying reference in nam box. Examples: A10:A20 (The range of cells in column A and rows 10 through 20) 5:5 (All cells in row 5) However, I am attempting to select every third cell going down colum A, beginning with A3. I can enter A3, A6, A9 (This will select just those cells.) Is there a shortcut I can use to continue this pattern of every thir cell indefinitely? (I actually need to select every third cell down t A4950.) Thank you for any assistance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's one way: 1. Put this in ...

Help-Error validating multiple documents
Hello. I've got a total of 5 schemas. They are: 1 - 1.xsd - a description of a city 2 - 2.xsd - a description of a town 3 - CityHall.xsd - a description of a cityhall-meant to be part of a document based on 1.xsd in "user area". 4 - TownHall.xsd - a description of a townhall-meant to be part of a document based on 2.xsd in "user area". 5 - testmultischema.xsd - a document which combines in a batch instances of cities and towns based upon 1.xsd and 2.xsd. I get the following xml validation error: ERROR: The 'http://adamExt.org:TownHall' element is not declar...

Elimating original senders email address when forwarding email
When Using outlook XP is there an option to ensure when forwarding an email it does not send the original senders email address? Wnhe forwarding a message I want everything except the original senders email address to be sent to the person I am forwarding the email to. Any help would be appreciated ...

Multiple Column Sorting
I've been reading online about sorting multiple columns and I'm confused. Selecting one column to sort also selects all the other columns as well, at least in Excel 2000 and XP. I didn't see any difference in selecting one column or using the "Then by" boxes, in fact, the "Then by" choices didn't work. If the first column sorted in ascending order, and I chose to sort the second and third columns to sort in descending order, Excel still sorted all three columns in ascending order. If Excel sorts the all the columns together by default, why use the "Then...

Multiple Products
Hi I would just like to ask if anyone is aware of whether or not you can add multiple line items when using the mail merge functionality in Version 4. Thanks Mark ...

Hiding Personal Employee Information in Address Book
First off the environment is Exchange 2003 SP1 with Active Directory 2003. Basically... our HR department was granted limited access to AD to fill in user information (Home address, telephone, etc...) and I then modified the default user ACL so that any member of "Group X" in AD was denied access to seeing the above personal information. This worked on the Global Address List as well.... But now there's a problem. We've been setting up users in Cached Mode, and those users are able to see everything. I believe this has to do with the fact that Exchange is generating t...

Multiple Spin-off
Hi, I have a question for how to create a transaction for a multiple spin-off. First, my set up, I'm using Microsoft Money 2007 deluxe and running Windows XP home edition. Tyco recently spun off two companies, Tyco Electronics [29.23%] and Covidien [31.75%], when I try to use the spin-off utility in Money it doesn't give me the option for multiple spin-offs. The first thing I tried was to perform one spin-off to a bogus name that combined the two companies [60.98%]. I was then going to spin the two companies off from the bogus company. However, that seamed to consume all the c...

SMTP queuing help
Hi all, I have an exchange 2000 server on domain1. I am running exchange 2003 on a totally unrelated domain2. I would like to configure domain2 as a backup for domain1. What I mean by backup is just a place for the mail for to be queued up incase the Internet goes down for domain1. Users do not need access to it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks! -LT Hello Luniz, Thanks for your posting here. You may use the one of the following options to download messages from the backup server. Option 1: Configure SMTP connector with ETRN/TURN enabled ========== To use this m...

Remove Email address header
I have late versions of MS Office at home and at work. The I.T. dept. at work regularly updates versions and works in the background to keep us functional and up to date. I email spreadsheets back and forth from home to work. Recently when opening a spreadsheet at work that had been created at home, a large email addressing header appeared at the top of the sheet. It takes up about 1/3 of the window. After being unable to see a control to remove it, I spent about 10 minutes searching through the help files looking for a way to get rid of it and get back to the original Excel configuration...

address book importing from hotmail
Is it possible to import my Hot mail address book into my Outlook 2002 mail client and if so how would that be acomplished? ...

Global Address List Missing (Sometimes)
Ok, I am going to try and be as detailed as possible, but this is my second day on the job here. Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2, both are updated. The server is on site with the DC. Primary is a Win2k server and the backup is a Win2k3 server. The problem is that when clients are using Outlook 2003 or 2000, sometimes the GAL will not appear, resulting in them not being able to send internal corporate emails, unless of course they type out the full email address. But the problem seems to fluctuate, sometimes the GAL is listed and other times it is not, even within the same Outlo...

Count rows based on multiple criteria
I have a need to count the number of rows in an Excel spreadsheet based on contents of multiple cells. The formula is on one worksheet and all data is on a second worksheet. IE: count all rows that have the word "Windows" in column B and the word "Complete" in column G. Have not been able to figure this out with common functions like count, countif, dcount, etc. Help appreciated. -- DMG IT Professional Search for SUMPRODUCT or SUMIFS if you use XL-2007 "dmg" wrote: > I have a need to count the number of rows in an Excel spreadshee...

smtp queue #2
Have 2 exch servers, in one there is only one mailbox.(because is new server, and all mb are still on other server) In the other instead, have message in a smtp queue, named like the server that have problems. if i try to send a msg to the mailbox in the new server, remain in queue... why if i "force connection" does not function?! you must use enumarate before the force connection. ...

User Defined fields should be accessible from shipping address
The current relationship does not allow for the customer to use the user defined fields from the ship to address. The reason for GP not pulling the information for the shipping address in the Customer Address Master File (RM00102) is because it is already pulling the information in the Sales Transaction Work tables (SOP10100). Unlike the billing information, the shipping address can already be seen in the SOP10100 table and this is why the table relationship between the RM00102 and SOP10100 tables is based on the Bill to Address. There should be an additional relationship so you can p...

Address Book 6.00... missing contacts
Hi, In an attempt to fix a slow booting profile, I changed my users name and copied all his Documents and Settings folders. Everything is running fine except that now his Address Book doesn't contain any of his contacts. Can anyone tell me where to look for that data? To my knowledge, I have not deleted any files so it should still be somewhere. A search for *.wab returns nothing. Thanks for any advice! b This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: ...

Global Address List Members in Excel Spreadsheet
Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! Indirectly check out http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm for a method "Wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c4201c3daa3$e8b36060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global > address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! ...

span a table to multiple pages
Hi, I have a very long table with 300+ rows. Instead of adding a new table to every pages, is there a command to "span" the one table to multiple pages? Thanks! Not in Publisher. Publisher only allows 128 rows per page. Word has this capability. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tom" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u1WmV9bHJHA.1940@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a very long table with 300+ rows. Instead of adding a new table to > every pages, is there a command to "span" the one table to multiple pages? >...

Addition function of multiple cells
Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine which cells will add to a specific number? For example: A1 = 1 A2 = 2 A3 = 5 A4 = 7 I want to know which cells added to gether will give me 6...answer = A1 + A3 On Tue, 25 May 2010 11:11:01 -0700, DB74 <DB74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in >different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine >which ce...

Moving Offline Address Book and Free Busy
Can you tell me how I go about moving my offline address book from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 and the Free Busy so I can dismount my old store. I have 2 servers right now. Thank you Norm: Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931. Make sure you follow those steps, otherwise you will have many problems that will be pretty much impossible to fix without a full reinstallation of Exchange and maybe even AD. Regards, Martin MCSA: M "Norman Rosenthal" <norman@nospam.com&g...

faxes from global address book? #2
using outlook 2002. i can send a fax to a contact in my personal address book because it comes up with the various options in the list like user (email), user (business fax), user (blah blah) etc etc... but when i want to do this from the global address book the options are not there (even though there is an entry for fax number in the global address book) also if i try and add the global contact to my personal address book, the fax number field is blank.. any thoughts>? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usen...

Outlook chaning email address
I have had my email address changed from a comcast account to personal folders. I have no idea how this happens. I lose my email account and have to do a system restore to bring my computer back to a point in time when my email accounts are present. Once a 'personal folder' shows up as an email account, I can't add a new email account and make it the default-it won't let me. When I try and go to "accounts" in a "send" message, I get a "fatal Outlook error". Any idea how this happens? You'll have to provide more information, such as you...