Multiple Routing Groups

Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise.  It
now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing groups, so
outbound can route through local gateways, and not traverse the country
needlessly.  While I am researching this, are there any gotcha's or other
experiences or things to be aware of when switching to multiple routing
groups?

tia

0
tfelts1 (344)

"Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote:

>Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise.  It
>now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing groups, so
>outbound can route through local gateways, and not traverse the country
>needlessly.  While I am researching this, are there any gotcha's or other
>experiences or things to be aware of when switching to multiple routing
>groups?

You don't need routing groups to manage egress points.

Small numbers of routing groups are okay, but don't needlessly
complicate the design. If your nodes are connected by WANs it might
make sense to make a routing group of each node, but if the WAN has
sufficient bandwidth it might not be necessary.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Organizing Austin Exchange User Group meeting
Please e-mail me offline if you are interested in attending an Austin (TX) Exchange User Group meeting. I am working with a few others to organize a User Group here. We will be meeting at the Microsoft Office here in Austin, likely on a Tuesday evening. I will send out more details to those interested once the meeting is finalized. Please pass this information on to any others you think might be interested. E-mail me at ben_winzenz@NOSPAMmessageone.com (remove the NOSPAM part) -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.c...

Multiple DBs sharing tables
Can we set up multiple databases to share information like customers or items. We have five companies setup in five dbs and the item list is similar enough that we could use one list and customers may be repeated across companies as well. if I could "point" all dbs to a single customer and item table we would only have to enter info 1 time. When we moved over to GP we loaded all of the information from each company into an excel workbook and then that was loaded into G/P. That gave us the ability to clean things up!! "S Meyer" wrote: > Can we set up multiple data...

Not able to import multiple Fidelity accounts
I have two Fidelity accounts, a brokerage and an Educational Account. When I try to set up these accounts in Money 2006, none of the Education Account information is imported. Money 2006 sets up the two accounts, but there is no balance or transaction history for the Educational Account. It seems as though Money sees there is an account but is not able to access anything. It looks like I'll have to enter and update all Educational transactions manually. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks, John Money 2006 Deluxe, IE 6, XP SP2. I have 3 accounts at Fidelity - it works...

Outlook 2002 views grouping/sorting
I noticed a (irritating) difference between Outlook 2000 and 2002 definition of folder Views. Back in 2000, you could set to group by Conversation Topic, which lumped all emails with the same email subject together. Now it was still sorted by date first, meaning the subject-topic with the most recent received (descending) email with be positioned on top. So it was going by Sort, then Group. Now in 2002, the priority has been reversed. It is grouped first then sorted by date. Meaning the email subject with the first in alphabetical order will ALWAYS be positioned on top, even when its latest ...

Multiple Item query
I've read a few posts on this query and it looks like creating a table where I input the item numbers in it and linking it to the query seems to be a good way to get a lot of items in a query. Now what If I have hundreds of numbers I want to look up? do I input all 100 numbers into the table? Or what if it's like 10 numbers but I want create seperate queries for different groups of numbers, should I have 1 table for one group of numbers? What would be the easiest way for a novice to do this? It is easier to fill the table with just the values you need for the query you want to run, t...

New distribution groups not showing in GAL
I'm creating two distribution groups on Exchange 2003. I simply right-click the OU and create a new group, global distribution group selected via the radio buttons. Next screen I check the box to add an Exchange email address and leave the defaults. Next and Finish. Open Outlook and no entries in the GAL. I waited 24 hours for the GAL to update and looked again. Still not finding my new distribution groups! If I put the alias in the "To:" box and send I get error 5.1.1 that the account wasn't found in the domain. What am I doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated! Dyl...

Routing Emails
I have the new office 2007 and our company requires us to route emails but that option doesn't seem available? am i just not seeing it? Help us to understand the Excel issue with this. "pungster" wrote: > I have the new office 2007 and our company requires us to route emails but > that option doesn't seem available? am i just not seeing it? This is option is removed from Excel 2007 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Barb Reinhardt" <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53309A6D-2DA2-4311-9C93-...

Multiple results with Count
Hello Everybody, In Access 2003, I am trying to get multiple results in a query using Count with the same column and table as my source of data. So far I have been unsuccessful in bringing two results of Count onto a same query. For example: I have a list of amounts paid to different employees in a column. I want to count the rows base on two different criteria (i) rows with amounts more than $1000 each and (ii) rows with amounts less than $500. I want to get the results of these two criteria in same query but in two different fields with distinct names. What would be the structure of ...

Workflow route error
I have created a workflow that will route a case to a queue on the on change event. When the workflow is executed the case is not routed to the queue, and the follow error code is in the Workflow monitor: 80042c24. The only description I found on the error is 'Error in action route'. Has anyone an ideau how to solve this, or is it just not possible to route a case on an change event. (on the create even it works fine). thx. Mirella ...

limit domain admin group access in Exchange environment
We have exchange 2003 and we need to limit the access the domain admins have from editing accounts but it still allows them to view key fuctions like view the Exchange server manager console, but are not able to edit the mailboxes or accounts. Thanks Right, you shouldn't make those people "Domain Admins". They should have rights only on applicable OUs. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2CE5FB8-C280-4213-8828-2C7B860524C6@microsoft.com......

No Group dialog box appear when working in Pivot Table
I'm trying to group a range of dates in pivot table. According to help files a dialog box should appear when selecting Group..., but nothing happens except a grouping of the entire marked range. How do I go about in order to make the Grouping dialog box show? Best Regards PerD > PerD, This might be something particular to my set-up (XL2K), but I have to build the table initially by specifying the data range *exactly* (click'n'drag on the worksheet) for grouping dates to be an option. If I use a blanket source (eg: A:B) it won't cut it. Try it again from scratch, the...

Multiple Charts within 1 Chart Sheet
How can I place 2,3, or 4 charts within 1 chart sheet? I'd prefer not to use the embedded chart approach. Thanks. They will be embedded, but in the chart sheet, not in a work sheet. Select a blank cell that is itself surrounded by blank cells, and press the F11 key to make a blank chart sheet. Now make the charts you want to place on the chart sheet, and in the last step of the wizard, Location, select As Object In and choose the chart sheet from the drop down list. To move an existing chart, right click on it, choose Location from the pop up menu, and choose As Object In and select the ...

Protection Groups
We will be replacing our Exchange 2003 Server with a 2007 Exchange server with a different name. Can I use the same Exchange Protection Group that is setup for exchange 2003 with the new Exchange 2007? If I need to create a new protection group can I remove the old Protection Group. Thanks LeonardG If you want to use older protection group, try modify protection group and add the Exchange storage groups from the new 2007 server. This way same protection/recovery configurations will be applicable to new Exchange storage groups also. But if you want to completely diff...

Combining Multiple Files
Is there a way to combing multiple publisher files into one document without just copy and paste? Not within Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jwl713" <jwl713@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F8CE321-6981-4665-87CA-3FFA58BB531E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to combing multiple publisher files into one document > without > just copy and paste? It is the preferred method. From the Edit menu, open the Office Clipboard, depending on your configuration you can collect 24 items. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office...

Linking a multiple spreadsheets to a master spreadsheet
I have looked for the solution to this, but have had no luck. I need to link multiple excel spreadsheets to a master spreadsheet, where each sheet on the master would represent one external spreadsheet. If the info on the external spreadsheets are changed, the master should reflect those changes and visa versa. I am using Excel 2007. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks! Excel doesn't work like this. It can pull the values from one cell to another via a formula, but it can't easily push the data from one cell to another (no matter where it'...

max no group
Hi , Is there any solution for Max without grouping? There are different data and only one distinct on the row to display for the max value. For example, data are as : 1, 2 , 6 , 7 and another column to find for max value here is for relation to it : 3, 4, 9, 2 so the only max of them is 6, 9 . I try it on the expression of max but there is no other option on another to find relation of it of the column expression max. Thanks any idea? If there is no GROUP, the MAX occur over the column for all the records of the table. If your data is like: f1 f2 1 3 2 ...

Multiple Journal Entries
Frequently one of our users gets multiple listings in Journal from a single event. It doesn't seem to be related to the event and can be listed up to 11 times (the record). He is running Outlook 2003 on an XP sp1 Stinkpad. Our network is Novell/MS with Exchange 2000. We've tried updating client, re-installing Outlook, uninstalling ActiveSync, uninstalling Palm Desktop and hotsync, and several other time-consuming non-solutions. Any ideas? One more thing, he synchronizes all folders upon disconnection each evening. Thanks, Goatscape ...

Setting up online services for multiple accounts at same bank
I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at the same bank. Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download transactions for my credit and my wife's credit both held with MBNA. I can set one up just fine, but Money doesn't seem to let me set the second one up. At least not intuitively. Any ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, phudrick wrote: >I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at >the same bank. Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download >transactions for my cred...

Loading Data into Multiple sheets in 1 book Hi All I have 2 questions 1. I am trying to automatically create a workbook with a number of sheets in it with different data. I see how the command mode allows you to feed data to a (one/first) sheet (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\excel.exe" H:\':DETAIL.XFER.SHORT.FILENAME) but how do you get data to sheets 2 3 4 etc in the workbook? 2. Can you format the data going into the work sheet such that some of the data would have bold text? Thanks in advance Ralph Typically you do not import data into Excel via the command line. ...

macro to delete multiple rows
I have recorded, then modified, the following macro, which unprotects the sheet, aks if you are sure you want to delete the row, deletes the current row, copies down a cell in column A that numbers the row, and protects the sheet. Works fine, but if the user wants to delete not only the current row, but multiple rows below it also, the macro must be repeated. How can I accomplish deleting multiple rows, as indicated by the user? For example, rows 18 thru 20, or 29 thru 33, etc, or of course, just the current row, with the message box prompting the user for the number of rows to delete. Thanks...

Is there a way to group text so it stays together?
Hi, I am editing a document, and it is a pain going through and re-editing page breaks after making changes to it. If i could simply select a paragraph or small section that I want to stay together and mark or group it somehow to stay together so that if it gets pushed down from other text above, it will stay together, either at the end of a page if it fits, or all of it would be pushed to the next page. Is there a feature like this? Thanks, Alan Go to the Line and Page Breaks tab of the Format Paragraph dialog and check the box for "Keep lines together" ...

send attachment to multiple recipients, but viewable only to one
Hi there... Possibly a bit of an odd request... I want to know if it is possible to send an attachment in an email to a number of people, but to specify that only one of the recipients would be able to open it... Basically I want to be able to demonstrate that an attachment has been sent, but not have it read by everyone it has been sent to. I'm using Outlook 2003... Any help would be very greatfully recieved! Thanks in advance... Chris Not sure if this is what you're looking for... One option would be to set the file with a password to open and send the password only to the ind...

Security group doesn't work on Exchange Mailbox permissions
We're running SBS 2003. I am trying to give a group of users access to a couple of general purpose Exchange mailboxes. I can give the users access by adding their accounts individually to the Mailbox in question. (Exchange Advanced / Mailbox Rights / Full Access) This works fine and they can open the Mailbox in Outlook. However, when I try to do this using a Universal Security group, it doesn't work. We get an "Unable to Display Folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." This is what I've done... Assume I want people accessing the ...

IMAP Access to Multiple Mailbox using PINE
Hi all, We are running Exchange 2003, we need to be able to allow users using PINE to access multiple mailboxes (read only), this was possible in 5.5, which we can configure PINE with "AnotherUser" "{exchange.domain.com}Other Users/AnotherUser/inbox", and grant use reviewer rights to that mailbox But this doesn't seem to work anymore in 2003. How can we do this? Many Thanks, Yang ...

How to generate a report from multiple lists in Excel 2003?
I have a workbook that I am trying to use as an accessory order form for a wireless phone company. The workbook is comprised as multiple worksheets, one for each manufacturer. There is a column that denotes the quantity of each item ordered. I would like to generate an order summary at the end of the workbook that is easily printable for our wharehouse staff to fill orders. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated, as I have been racking my brain over this for about a week. -Thank You ...