multiple NTDS Settings

to whom it may concern:

is it possible to have more than 1 NTDS Settings in 1 DC?

any effect on this?

thank you.

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:14:31 +0800, "sherwin de claro"
<sherwin.de.claro@gmail.com> wrote:

>to whom it may concern:
>
>is it possible to have more than 1 NTDS Settings in 1 DC?
>
>any effect on this?
>

>thank you.

What do you mean here?
If you're talking about AD Sites and Services then no, only one. You
can have many replication conenctions under that, but only one "NTDS
Settings" under the DC.
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/28/2006 12:35:27 PM
yes its on AD Sites and Services.

it has 2 NTDS Settings under that DC, the other has some extra characters on
it like "CNF:b7350440-cfe6-48fc-aa21-c22066f61d46". is this bad on my AD?

what to do about that?

thank you.

> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:14:31 +0800, "sherwin de claro"
> <sherwin.de.claro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>to whom it may concern:
>>
>>is it possible to have more than 1 NTDS Settings in 1 DC?
>>
>>any effect on this?
>>

>>thank you.
>>
> What do you mean here?
> If you're talking about AD Sites and Services then no, only one. You
> can have many replication conenctions under that, but only one "NTDS
> Settings" under the DC.

You need to go away into one of the Windows newsgroups to get detailed
help on this.
This doesn't have anything per-se, to do with Exchange server.
0
mark7219 (5666)