Multiple Exchange servers on single domain, splitting users.

Hi Guys.
We have an existing Exchange 2k3 site that is going through some expansion.
We are looking at setting up a second system to allow access for affiliates to POP3 to.
We woul like to keep the POP3 email addresses and internet access separate to the LAN users. However, they would all have email
addresses at the same .com domain.

Can we push certain user's mail to a 2nd Exchange server (via a LAN)?
We are trying to separate the POP3 users and the lan users internet access, for bandwith reasons.

Our idea is that all domain email comes into server A via Internet connection1.
Lan user's email is forwarded to serverB (existing DC) via a LAN connection, whilst POP 3 user's mail is held on serverA for
retrieval via Internet connection1.
LAN users have their mail client connected to ServerB and outgoing mail from server B is out it's own Internet connection, via
Internet connection2.

I did not really want to set up all the POP3 users on Active D on serverB.
What is the best way to do this?
Run 2 domains and just forward some mailboxes?
Exchange Replication? (Whatever that involves).
Any thoughts on this one?
TIA,
Jeff Davies

0
ng13930 (4)

2 things you can do
1. put all the mail on one server, but install an Exchange FrontEnd server
to handle all the POP3 traffic.  This requires Exchange Enterprise on the
backend.
2. Just put in a second Exchange server in the same org and move the
mailboxes for the POP3 users to it.  Exchange will handle all the server to
server delivery without any need for forwarding, so SMTP can come into the
first server and POP users can access their mail by connecting directly to
the second server.

"Jeff Davies" <ng1@techyremovethis.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Guys.
> We have an existing Exchange 2k3 site that is going through some
> expansion.
> We are looking at setting up a second system to allow access for
> affiliates to POP3 to.
> We woul like to keep the POP3 email addresses and internet access separate
> to the LAN users. However, they would all have email addresses at the same
> .com domain.
>
> Can we push certain user's mail to a 2nd Exchange server (via a LAN)?
> We are trying to separate the POP3 users and the lan users internet
> access, for bandwith reasons.
>
> Our idea is that all domain email comes into server A via Internet
> connection1.
> Lan user's email is forwarded to serverB (existing DC) via a LAN
> connection, whilst POP 3 user's mail is held on serverA for retrieval via
> Internet connection1.
> LAN users have their mail client connected to ServerB and outgoing mail
> from server B is out it's own Internet connection, via Internet
> connection2.
>
> I did not really want to set up all the POP3 users on Active D on serverB.
> What is the best way to do this?
> Run 2 domains and just forward some mailboxes?
> Exchange Replication? (Whatever that involves).
> Any thoughts on this one?
> TIA,
> Jeff Davies

0
awebb7472 (650)
10/13/2005 4:04:12 AM
Thanks for the reply Andy.
We will have a play with option 2 I think.
I don't feel like rebuilding the existing server.
Jeff

"andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message news:%23nfoss6zFHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>2 things you can do
> 1. put all the mail on one server, but install an Exchange FrontEnd server to handle all the POP3 traffic.  This requires Exchange
> Enterprise on the backend.
> 2. Just put in a second Exchange server in the same org and move the mailboxes for the POP3 users to it.  Exchange will handle all
> the server to server delivery without any need for forwarding, so SMTP can come into the first server and POP users can access
> their mail by connecting directly to the second server.
>

> "Jeff Davies" <ng1@techyremovethis.com.au> wrote in message news:uNryYk6zFHA.2912@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Guys.
>> We have an existing Exchange 2k3 site that is going through some expansion.
>> We are looking at setting up a second system to allow access for affiliates to POP3 to.
>> We woul like to keep the POP3 email addresses and internet access separate to the LAN users. However, they would all have email
>> addresses at the same .com domain.
>>
>> Can we push certain user's mail to a 2nd Exchange server (via a LAN)?
>> We are trying to separate the POP3 users and the lan users internet access, for bandwith reasons.
>>
>> Our idea is that all domain email comes into server A via Internet connection1.
>> Lan user's email is forwarded to serverB (existing DC) via a LAN connection, whilst POP 3 user's mail is held on serverA for
>> retrieval via Internet connection1.
>> LAN users have their mail client connected to ServerB and outgoing mail from server B is out it's own Internet connection, via
>> Internet connection2.
>>
>> I did not really want to set up all the POP3 users on Active D on serverB.
>> What is the best way to do this?
>> Run 2 domains and just forward some mailboxes?
>> Exchange Replication? (Whatever that involves).
>> Any thoughts on this one?
>> TIA,
>> Jeff Davies

0
ng13930 (4)

5.2.1 NDR
I have an issue with users unable to send messages to mail-enabled public folders in the same organization. Email can be sent to the public folder from outside. I found this is a pretty common issue but nothing helped resolve my issue. It appears to be fixed in SP2 however I am still having problems. I looked at the KB articles listed below and verified the Anonymous user has the appropriate rights. I see there was a hotfix in Exchange 2003 RTM and SP1. I also looked at all the AD permissions and the Exchange Enterprise Server group has permissions that was mentioned in various...

RPC over HTTP domain members only?
Does the XP machine have to be a domain member? I tell you, I have luck only 50% of the time with RPC over HTTP. I'm still looking for that one, golden document which covers any and all scenarios and makes it work every time! Thanks No it does not. "you know who maybe" <nguser2u@spamnotAOL.com> wrote in message news:110l7kjsmkf5d28@news.supernews.com... > Does the XP machine have to be a domain member? > > I tell you, I have luck only 50% of the time with RPC over HTTP. I'm > still looking for that one, golden document which covers any and all ...

Exchange Server Removal
I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr 2003 in it's own admin group, all in one Exchange Org. I want to remove 1 of the servers and it's admin group. Do I just uninstall the Exchange Svr software on the desired server and then remove that admin group from another Exchange Svr manager...? If so, and advice to make it go smooth...? Thanks, Tom... On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:10:51 -0400, "Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote: >I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr ...

Exchange SSL Certificate
We need to have an SSL certificate for Outlook Web Access but our internal domain is called domain.int I understand the .int domain is for government treaty organisations and this is causing us a possible issue in getting an SSL certificate. Can we just get a certificate for mail.domain.com & autodiscover.domain.com? Do we need to have the internal server address on the certificate? What features of Exchange do we lose without the internal address? Thanks in advance for any replies Niaz It depends on whether you are going to use that certificate for both internal ...

Exchange 5.5 uninstall/retire
Hello friends: I would like to retire/decommission one of our Exchange 5.5 servers, currently this server exists in a Exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 mixed environment (under single organization). My question is what is the best way to retire this machine, this exchange server does not have information store, and it is not the last exchange 5.5 server in the exchange organization. Thanks for your help. On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:14:01 -0400, "Cody" <none> wrote: >Hello friends: > >I would like to retire/decommission one of our Exchange 5.5 servers, >currently this ...

Problem moving mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000
Hi! I'm trying to move mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 using the MS ADUC. Everything works well - the wizard shows that move operation was successfull but after the move operation I've noticed that moved mailbox exists on source server and destination server. All mail messages are moved to the new server. On the source server the home server property (home-mdb) didn't change. I've tried to follow the XADM: How to Prevent Mail Loss When Move Mailbox Operation Is Unsuccessful. When I change the home-mdb and home-mta properties the account dissapears from the source...

NT Backup with Exchange 2003
I am not sure whether or not my backup is actually performing. I have selected the Exchange Server to be backup up to a file, but when I go to restore, and I catalog the file and look at the Mailbox Store it reads 'no entries found'. Is this normal? This is with Server 2000 Standard and Exchange 2003 Here is what is in the log: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "Media created 7/27/2004 at 1:05 AM" Backup of "CRAZYJUMPER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup descriptio...

DST update tool for Outlook/exchange...
Hi all, How do i check if the patch for outlook software applied and work? After applied all the patch for server, exchange, and Outlook/exchange update tool, will the appointment shift by 1 hour or it will stays at the same time as of NOW before 3/11? THanks for your time. Only the appointments in the affected DST period will be impacted - which occurs 3 weeks earlier and ends 1 week later than earlier years. The Outlook Timezone Update Tool in interactive, allows selecting/deselecting appointments to be changed and outputs a log that is displayed at the end of the session. When you...

Exchange 2003 OWA stopped working and DNS Events
Hi All, I am struggling with yet another Exchange 2003 problem. It has been working flawlessley for almost, nothing changed and all of a sudden quit working. When I try to open up my OWA I am getting the 503 service unavailable page. In my Event Logs, I am seeing this when I reboot the server: The dynamic registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.ForestDnsZones.ic-MYDOMAINXXXX.us. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 exchange.MYDOMAINXXXX.us.' failed on the following DNS server: DNS server IP address: 205.178.190.31 Returned Response Code (RCODE): 5 Returne...

Working offline, but no exchange server to go online with.
Hi, I use: Win XP SP2, Office 2003, SP 2. I started to create an Exchange Server account but shortly after, deleted it. Since then, I get an "Offline" icon in the right lower corner of the Also, when I try to use Rules and Alerts, I get the message: "You are currently working offline. To use this command, you must go online and connect to the Exchange Server." I do not have Exchange Server. There is no choice to go online in File Menu either. Any help would be appreciated. Create a new mail profile in Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles. = Configure it with...

Can I have two Internet Mail Services in one Exchange 5.5 Organiza
Hello, My current environment consists of 6 mailbox servers and one server hosting the internet mail service (Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000). I need to use one of the 6 mailbox servers for a product that will need to route outbound mail to another server for other secure outbound services while the other 5 servers route to the current internet mail service. Is this possible? Can I add a secondary internet mail service just for this one server? I am not able to find any knowledge base articles for assistance. Thanks in advance! On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:36:10 -0700, "exadm" &l...

Multiple copies of just one email
I'm using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP professional and I keep receiving a new copy of one email message every time I open Outlook or it performs a timed send/receive. All other email messages have been fine, i.e. just one copy. Would this be a problem with my computer that I can fix, a problem with the sender's computer that she can fix, or is something else the matter? I only get one copy of all other messages from the same sender. If anyone else is having this problem, I received an answer in the Office-Outlook-General Questions Discussion Group. I was able to log into my ...

cannot connect to server, can't find server
help!!! I started RMS from scratch did everything you need to do to start using RMS but then after a few months i started up my PC and cannot connect to a server ( it is a local server only one machine) Now can't use the POS or Manager let alone use the administrator...please help... Look at the botton left hand corner of your computer screen in the System Tray next to were you clock is, there should be an icon there that is called somthing like this: Running - \\SomeName - MSSQLServer and it looks like a Tower PC with a little white circle and inside the circle there should be a ...

DL and Ghost User.
Query. A user has been nuked from and EXch5.5 server. Not listed in ANY DL (this has been checked by five different people). Yet, an email gets sent to a DL that the user did belong to (noting the above that the user is NOT in the DL). Yet the MTA still tries to send a message to the uer. Any ideas??? Ricardo I think (maybe) that certain versions of the MTA did this, and a restart of the MTA service cured the problem. Have you tried that? For the record, what SP level are you at? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk &quo...

exchange 2007 delayed sending
a while ago I posted a message about delayed sending being stuck in the outbox in outlook 2007 outlook can not be closed as then the email is not send now I am trying to do the same but using outlook in online modus instead, the messages are now send immediately this even though the message header in outlook clearly states that the message is not to be delivered before "date and time" (in the future) how can I find out why this feature is not working (as expected) thnx This artical is very useful and it applies to Exchange/Outlook 2007 as well http://blogs...

mail merge multiple lines in an e-mail
How can I merge multiple lines from an excel document into one e-mail ? So the e-mails should be dynamical. Hi Guy, There's probably an Excel vba solution for this, but there's also a Word mailmerge/vba solution using Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility (the terminolgy depends on the Word version). To see how, check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at: http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107 or http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with i...

Forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook
How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook/201005/1 Insert the individual e-mail items into one new mail message and send that message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com asked: | How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook?...

When using Terminal Server
When remote users open Outlook from a Terminal Server session, they only see a small portion of the messages in their inbox (and other folders) that are on the Exchange Server, yet when they log in at the main office, they see all messages. What controls the two different views and how is it changed. Thanks in advance for any help, Bob Showalter, Packer International ...

Exchange 5.5 E mail message
I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and two gets a message in those one month old E-mails; from legitimate people that says: "No Message collected". I read on the internet, that AOL Had this "No Message collected" problem. I called and talked to an AOL mail administrator and he knew nothing about this problem. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong here. TIA, Jess tsqr55@yahoo.com "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and >two ge...

printing a user form
How can I print all of a user form that is bigger than the screen and uses a scroll bar? Can you change the pc's display properties? Windows start button|settings|control panel|display applet Settings Tab I changed from 1024x768 to 1280x1024 and could see a bit more. (Some pc's (win95???) require a reboot for this to take affect. (Win98 didn't require one.)) (can you print portions at a time if that fails???) matt wrote: > > How can I print all of a user form that is bigger than the > screen and uses a scroll bar? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Printing problem on a terminal server
Hi, I created an application that does some printing with MFC (7.1). When I do a print preview or I print, every thing works fine. However, when I try to do a print preview or if I try to print from within terminal server, then all the fonts are very small (they look like 1pt high). What am I doing wrong (or what should I do)? This is a sample of my code LOGFONT font; ::ZeroMemory(&font, sizeof(font)); _tcscpy(font.lfFaceName, _T("Courier New")); font.lfHeight = -MulDiv(75, pDC->GetDeviceCaps(LOGPIXELSY), 2540); // 7.5 pts font.lfWidth = 0; font.lfEscapement = 0; font.lfOr...

How can i asign MBF roles to user accounts?
Hello. I want to asign to user accounts the next roles: MBF roles: - Order Management Customer - Customer (Advanced role) I was wondering how can I make this Thanks for your help Jose Ponce Aguilar ...

User name does not show up in Global Address List in Outlook
We created several AD accounts with email. I look at the exchange server and the recipients policy is default. Is there an options or configurations I need to do so the user email address will automatically show up in the global address list? I am stump as to why it does not show up in global address list. they should, automatically...are the AD accounts stamped with an smtp address? If not, it would appear that your RUS is malfunctioning...if they are, you should be able to see them in the GAL unless you're running Outlook in cached mode, maybe, and your OAB is not updating... -...

Microsoft CRM and Exchange integration
We are trying to evaluate Microsoft CRM and have questions about its interoperability with Exchange. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Here are some questions: 1. If a user adds a contact in CRM, will this be added to a contact list in Exchange? If not, can it? Is the opposite true, where if a user adds a contact in Exchange, can it show up in CRM? 2. If a user adds an appointment in CRM, will this be added to the user's calendar in Exchange? If not, can it? Is the opposite true, where if a user adds an appointment to their calendar in Exchange, can it show up ...

Exchange Permissions #7
I am our currnet exchange administrator with full mailbox rights to every mailbox within our Admin Group. I can not remember what rights given to me to view all mailboxes in our admin group? Essentially, I am trying to grant another admin rights to view all mailboxes to mirror mine. What rights do I need to give him? J this technet link will help you to solve this http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/pubfolderpermissions.mspx "JCO" wrote: > I am our currnet exchange administrator with full mailbox rights to every > mailbox within our...