Multiple E-mail Address for 1 User with Forwarding

Is it possible to create 2 E-mail addresses for one user and have the 2nd
forward to the first?
TIA.

--

Regards,

Allan C

0
allanc7 (9)

They are currently running Exchange Server 5.5 sp4.

The scenario is that one user is receiving a lot of Spam.
He would like to change his E-mail address  * now *  before he can contact
everyone.
Even if he did, some people will send to his old address by mistake.
So, we would like to have 2 addresses running concurrently so nothing drops
in the bit bucket.
We would like to have the first address (with the Spam) forward to the 2nd
so that he doesn't have to login to addresses.

--

Regards,

Allan C
"Matthew Tisdel" <MatthewTisdel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It sounds to me like you are just wanting the user to have more than one
email address. And, you can do this in all versions of Exchange. What
version are you using?

> --
> Matthew Tisdel
> South Carolina
>

> "Allan C" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to create 2 E-mail addresses for one user and have the
2nd
> > forward to the first?
> > TIA.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Allan C

0
allanc7 (9)
7/13/2004 5:03:09 PM
Thank you.

--

> OK. It sounds like your easiest method for this would be to go into the
Properties of the user in the Exchange Manager. Add a new email address for
him and he will be able to receive mail for both addresses in the same
mailbox. In the Exchange Manager you can set one of the addresses as Primary
(or the Reply to address) and new mail will have the selected address as the
reply address. Once you are confident that you are ready, then you can
simply remove the old address, and all mail going to the old email address
will simply bounce.

> --
> Matthew Tisdel
> South Carolina
>

> "Allan C" wrote:
>
> > They are currently running Exchange Server 5.5 sp4.
> >
> > The scenario is that one user is receiving a lot of Spam.
> > He would like to change his E-mail address  * now *  before he can
contact
> > everyone.
> > Even if he did, some people will send to his old address by mistake.
> > So, we would like to have 2 addresses running concurrently so nothing
drops
> > in the bit bucket.
> > We would like to have the first address (with the Spam) forward to the
2nd
> > so that he doesn't have to login to addresses.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Allan C
> > "Matthew Tisdel" <MatthewTisdel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > > It sounds to me like you are just wanting the user to have more than
one
> > email address. And, you can do this in all versions of Exchange. What
> > version are you using?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Matthew Tisdel
> > > South Carolina

> > 2nd

0
allanc7 (9)

Exporting a List Of Addresses
I have been asked to export a list of all addresses within our network. While I am pretty sure there was a button on Exchange 5.5 to do this, I cannot seen to find a tool to enable this task in 2003. Any ideas??? Hi maybe there is an easiest way but I use dsquery or csvde to do such a things dsquery * dc=exchange,dc=edu -filter "(&(objectclass=user)(objectcategory=person))" -attr displayname proxyAddresses for domain exchange.edu and for users only Nebojsa Seslija "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C86675-2A31-44BD-8AF...

SQL Table
Hello, In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for the Email Address which is contained inside the Internet Information box. Can some please tell me where this email address is stored in the SQL database? Thanks. -- Bob Try SY01200 Hope this helps, rc. "Bob B" wrote: > Hello, > > In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the > internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for > the Email...

How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook?
How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook? First export from WP to a CSV file (comma separated values) that OL can import. "Campross" wrote: > How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook? ...

multiple Domains under one domain or multiple forests under one forest
I have to research on below scenario. Asia regional countries are in separate forests/single domains Europe has forest and child domains. Europe is separate systems only connected via WAN only. Our proposal was make one forest under Europe as =91APAC=92, and then we will migrate regional counties under to APAC forest to appropriate Trees. Europe proposed that instead of creating APAC migrate all the Asia regional forest to one of Europe Domain. As example, migrate all Asia user accounts to Germany domain under Europe forest. for me putting every domain to one domain sounds messy f...

Forwarding Using Mail Enabled Users
Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a mailbox? In news:eRPSivG0FHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Steve Fukumoto <steve.fukumoto@necsam.com> typed: > Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient > using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a > contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a > mailbox? A mail-enabled user has an external...

MSDN Installation 1.2: Javascript Errors
I have installed a CRM Server and separate CRM client (along with the supplied example database). Access through IE6 works fine. Within Sales for outlook, I have 2 issues; 1> It takes 1.5 minutes to start up Outlook (it's only a 1Ghz machine, but CPU usage appears as 1-2% while it is loading). 2> I get various script errors when clicking on the CRM Shortcuts; Errors include messages such as... 'http//crmsvr/sfa/home_comps.aspx - object does not support this property or method' IE script error 'Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101' For testing, ...

Mail Merge and Stamps.com
Has anyone been able to do a mail merge from SFO client and add postage to their mailing? I am receiving an error saying that either one of the required fields is missing (checked, all there) or the data source is not compatible with Stamps.com. ...

Updating information in 1 file when it is added to other files
I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information for publications in different industries. 8 Industries and 1 Master List. I would like to link the master list to all of the individual industry lists so that when I add or update a new contact in an Industry list, it is reflected in the Master Spreadsheet as well. Essentially, I want to cut down on duplicating my efforts. Check out the copy paste merge examples... http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Kyle" wrote: > I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information f...

external mail send after reboot
I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There are no error no messages in the queues and and message tracking wil report local delivery at once and then a gap (maybe 9 days) and then delivered to external mail servers???? Thanks Peter In news:1158759649.788935.56800@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, Zpeedyexchange <peter.hoest@gmail.com> typed: > I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server > e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There &...

Ports 465 995 Error 0x800CCC0F Windows Mail
AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how to fix? -- sumac Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "sumac" <sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do > not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old > ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how t...

Date chart formula question?!?1
Hi all, In a very old spread sheet i was using this formula =IF(OR(AND($D7<G$6,$E7>F$6),AND(F$6>=$D7,F$6<=$E7)),".","") and it worked for dates pre 2009. However, i now wish to use it for dates between 2010 - 2011. Each column represent a week and the rows will indicate and project or task. can anyone help? There is nothing it that formula that will make it work for pre-2009 and not for later years. Perhaps you need to look at your data values? If you have a problem, you could tell us what values are being fed into the formula when it works...

Contact additions from e-mail addresses
Its become apparent to me that when I type in the first few letters of a recipient that the full contact appears in the Send To space but not all of these appearances are from Contacts. Some seem to be stored from previous sent e-mails. how an I identify or merge or add these items to Contacts? That is correct - the autocomplete list contains names you previously sent messages to. You need to use a utility to save the names not in your address book - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp for a list. Note that Outlook 2010's Suggested Contacts will create co...

Original message not included in forward
Using Outlook Web Access: Forwarding and replying to a message does not include the original message. It only includes the header stating who it was originally from, date, subject and such. The settings are different in the Web Access compared to desktop addition. You do not have the choice to include or exclude the original message. Does anyone know why the original message would not forward when sending an email on or replying to an existing one? ...

[EX55] mail forwarding...
Greetings! Have an exchange network, and one of our servers is going to be down for an awhile and I want to forward emails to mailboxes on that server to mailboxes on another server. I've been told that i can use the Delivery Option tab to set up forwarding, and when the server in question goes down, mail will still be redirected because the address set up on the Delivery Option tab will will be replicated to other servers. I've tried this in my test lab with little luck and wondered if there was another way or if its a waste of time. Thanks, K The forwarding won't work if you...

Outlook sending mail... odd issue
Win XP Pro Outlook 2002 Outlook - User is able to create a new message, add any attachment they wish and send the email without any problems. However When the user Right Clicks on an Icon and selects Send To Mail Recipient the new message appears with the attachment, they fill in the TO field and click send. The window goes away as it should and then within 5 seconds the desktop is forzen.. just the desktop. You can Alt Tab to open apps, including Outlook. The Explorer.exe process is getting Hammered. 80+ CPU in Taskmanager. I endtask exporer.exe then launch a new task of it and the issue...

Opening Mail Attachment
This is a minor issue but when I am confronted with an e-mail attachment the 'Opening Mail Attachment' box is displayed. The 'Always ask before opening this type of file' is always grayed out. How do I change that? And 'Save it to disk' is always checked and I rarely save it to disk, I just want to open it. Can I change that as well? Thanks, DH There's some attachment advice for OL2002 here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Dave Horne" <dave.horne@home.nl> wrote in message news:eej9vlKjHHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... ...

Maximum number of SMTP addresses per user
Hi we use an antispam filter that using ldap to determine if an email address is valid before it reaches our exchange servers. This is very effective and reduces the ammount of spam we receive. The system does not send bounce backs if an address is not valid. What I have been asked to do is to send find a way to send a message back to the sender when someone emails an address of an employee that has left the company to inform them to contact our customer services department. The only way I can think of doing this is to create a mailbox that has multiple smtp addresses on it that has an...

Mail directed to subdomain
Hi, So yesterday I asked the question as to whether or not Exchange could send mail to hosts based on the subdomain the mail was addressed to. For example, if mail came to blah@a.company.com then the mail would get routed by Exchange to a host named "A" that would then process the mail and if mail came to blah@b.company.com then the mail would go to a host named "B". Unfortunately, that does not appear to be possible without creating all of the individual connectors. So, in reading more I came accross something that intimated that any mail sent to subdomains suc...

read receipt on crm e-mail
Hi, How can we make read receipt enbaled in crm e- mail , so that we know that if the customer has read the e.mail or not? Sometimes we have to send important contract and we want to make it sure that customers have read the e-mails. any help or suggestion? Aami ...

Best way to delete e-mails
Imagine user has mailbox at 230MB. User wants to delete all e-mails. She uses webmail only (she works remotely, no Outlook applications installed). What is the best way to delete her e-mails? As far as I can tell Outlook webmail makes people highlight maximum of 14 items and hit the delete button. Should I just delete her mailbox in Exchange and recreate it ? you could use exmerge in "archive" mode to empty it out... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Marlon Brown" <MarlonBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eD5cwjXSHHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl......

lost mails from entourage 2004
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a question. My Apple recently stopped and I had to reinstall the complete operating system. Before that, I was able to made a copy of my hard disk at another external drive. The most important part was all my old mails which I stored in several maps at the location &quot;at this computer&quot;. Unfortunately I did not make an archive. <br><br>After reinstallisation of the new operating system I also installed the newest version of office (2008). I wanted to co...

Multiple users #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed a home/student version of Office. My wife installed the same and unfortunately used the same of the three product codes. Every time she uses this I get kicked off. I uninstalled Office and re-installed with the idea of entering a different product code, but it never asked for a product key code. The program is fully working, except when my wife starts using hers and I get kicked off again. How do I fix this? See step #4 here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey -- HTH |:>) Bo...

Multiple Cell Formats
Is it possible for a column to have more than one format, but for those formats to be similar. Eg. I would like to have a multi-format date column. The format can either be Month-Year (Jan-99) or Year only (1999). (I would even like to have something like Jan/Feb-99, but I can live without that.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Hi With true Excel dates in column A e.g. 01 Feb 07, in column B =A1 Format>Cells>Number>Custom> mmm-yy will give Feb-07 or =TEXT(A1,"mmm-yy") =A1 Format>Cells>Number>Custom> yyyy will give 2007 or =TEXT(A1,"yy...

Macro for summarizing multiple sheets
Hello all I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Each sheet is identically laid out (the only difference is the sheet name - cart1, cart2, etc). Each sheet represent the contents of a cart and the expiration date of applicable items. I would like to create a macro or function that will search each sheet in sequence and return on a summary sheet the following information: the name of the sheet and any of the items with expiration dates that are within 45 day of the current date. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated - see below for an example of the workbook ...

Archiving e-mails
Hi! A customer of mine wants to archive e-mails. Specifically they want to set a time-period, like 3 months, all mail older than this is moved out from the Exchange and into the archive. Possible ? Help! regards, Richard In news:Odop7Lv6FHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Richard <richardh2o@hotmail.com> typed: > Hi! > > A customer of mine wants to archive e-mails. Specifically they want > to set a time-period, like 3 months, all mail older than this is > moved out from the Exchange and into the archive. Possible ? > > Help! > > regards, > > Ric...