Multiple domains #6

Hi,

Having done some research I have found that it is possible to send and
receive email from multiple domains with Exchange 2003.

I have a few questions that I would like cleared up if anyone can help.

1. Is it really as simple as configuring a recipient policy for the new
domain and then changing the mail record for that domain to point to
the proper IP address?

2. If I set up a new account in AD, and need this account to be
associated with the second email domain, will the default SMTP email be
for the first domain? If so, can I just edit this directly?

3. If I set the default SMTP address to be for the second domain will
sent messages from this account appear to be from the correct domain?

4. How does OWA work into all this? Will it work?

Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Gary.

0
gdf1903 (40)

Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
www.zenprise.com
NEW blog location:
www.exchangepedia.com/blog

<gdf1903@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Having done some research I have found that it is possible to send and
> receive email from multiple domains with Exchange 2003.
>
> I have a few questions that I would like cleared up if anyone can help.
>
> 1. Is it really as simple as configuring a recipient policy for the new
> domain and then changing the mail record for that domain to point to
> the proper IP address?

Yes indeed. MX records direct inbound email for a particular domain to your
server. Recipient Policies tell Exchange it should receive email for a
domain and generate email addresses.

> 2. If I set up a new account in AD, and need this account to be
> associated with the second email domain, will the default SMTP email be
> for the first domain? If so, can I just edit this directly?

Correct, Recipient Policy will set the default domain - depending on which
domain you selected as default in a Recipient Policy and which Recipient
Policy applies to a user (in case of multiple Recipient Policies). You can
edit this manually in AD Users & Computers | recipient properties | E-mail
Addresses tab - uncheck "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on
recipient policy". Default SMTP addresses start with an uppercase SMTP.

> 3. If I set the default SMTP address to be for the second domain will
> sent messages from this account appear to be from the correct domain?

All messages sent using Microsoft Outlook, OWA, and ActiveSync will be sent
using the default email address of the sender. When you receive a message of
an alternate address (an address that's not your default email address),
when you reply to the message it is sent using your default email address.

> 4. How does OWA work into all this? Will it work?
Yes, see response to the previous question.

> Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks.
>
> Gary.

0
bharat3597 (1006)
1/10/2007 10:28:08 AM
Hi,
Not wanting to hijack this thread - but have some experience I would like
comment on if possible.

Having multiple inbound addresses is fine until you want to reply from your
alternate addresses. The only way I have found (and this is with outlook
rather than OE or anything else) is to set up a distribution list that has
your alternate email address set up as its default. This list has one member
and has the option to allow 'send as' to your member. The idea being is
inbound is sent to the distribution list - which is in turn set up to
forward to its 'member'. Then when you want to send as your alternate
address you select to send from the 'group'. A bit of a ball ache if you
have lots of email addresses that you want to be able to send as. - Any
suggestions?

Another issue I have come across, is when you remove an old email domain
from your recipient policy - exchange still does not think that it needs to
send email externally if you then try to send a message to someone.
e.g.. if you add a @temp.com address space. Use it as normal for a while,
then remove the @temp.com - any email sent to anyone at @temp.com after its
removal never gets sent out of your system. Its as though it shouldn't
leave. - Anything I'm doing wrong?

Cheers
Wayne.

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message

> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> <gdf1903@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Having done some research I have found that it is possible to send and
>> receive email from multiple domains with Exchange 2003.
>>
>> I have a few questions that I would like cleared up if anyone can help.
>>
>> 1. Is it really as simple as configuring a recipient policy for the new
>> domain and then changing the mail record for that domain to point to
>> the proper IP address?
>
> Yes indeed. MX records direct inbound email for a particular domain to
> your server. Recipient Policies tell Exchange it should receive email for
> a domain and generate email addresses.
>

>> 2. If I set up a new account in AD, and need this account to be
>> associated with the second email domain, will the default SMTP email be
>> for the first domain? If so, can I just edit this directly?
>
> Correct, Recipient Policy will set the default domain - depending on which
> domain you selected as default in a Recipient Policy and which Recipient
> Policy applies to a user (in case of multiple Recipient Policies). You can
> edit this manually in AD Users & Computers | recipient properties | E-mail
> Addresses tab - uncheck "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on
> recipient policy". Default SMTP addresses start with an uppercase SMTP.
>

>> 3. If I set the default SMTP address to be for the second domain will
>> sent messages from this account appear to be from the correct domain?
>
> All messages sent using Microsoft Outlook, OWA, and ActiveSync will be
> sent using the default email address of the sender. When you receive a
> message of an alternate address (an address that's not your default email
> address), when you reply to the message it is sent using your default
> email address.
>

>> 4. How does OWA work into all this? Will it work?
> Yes, see response to the previous question.
>

>> Any further info would be greatly appreciated.
>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> Gary.

0
Wayne
1/10/2007 1:46:35 PM
Hi Wayne,

There's a third party tool (forget the name at the minute) that lets you
select which address you want to send with.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
1/10/2007 2:00:44 PM
Ivasoft ChooseFrom.
http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml

Alternatively, use a SMTP client (e.g. Outlook Express) to send the message,
or set a separate mailbox and allow SendAs permission.

Allowing sending messages using other proxy addresses has forever been on
the wishlist.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Oliver Moazzezi" <o.moazzeziNO@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Wayne,
>
> There's a third party tool (forget the name at the minute) that lets you
> select which address you want to send with.
>
> Oliver

0
bharat3597 (1006)
1/10/2007 3:35:33 PM
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:35:33 -0800, "Bharat Suneja [MVP]"
<bharat@nospam.org> wrote:

>Ivasoft ChooseFrom.
>http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml
>
>Alternatively, use a SMTP client (e.g. Outlook Express) to send the message,
>or set a separate mailbox and allow SendAs permission.
>
>Allowing sending messages using other proxy addresses has forever been on
>the wishlist.

And its  more an Outlook issue than Exchange.
0
adavid (8731)

Multiple user names at one bank or brokerage
I have 3 accounts at one bank. I have 3 corresponding accounts set up in MS Money 2007. One of them is setup for online banking while the other two are not. I now want to set the other two up for online banking but I can't find a way to specify the unique login info for each of the other two accounts. ...

Historical aged trial balance #6
Hi can anyone tell me the store procedure used to extract a Report Reports-Sales-Trial Balance-Historical aged trial balance Because the management want that report to be in Excel format Regards Thiru Hi, you can extract the report to excel format however u'll not get it in a readible format. You need to some formating. To extract the report, print the report to file and select tab delimited. This will give u in excel format. You can write a small macro and sort the things out to make it readible. regards Reddy On Jun 22, 9:04=A0am, Thirumal <Thiru...@discussions.microsoft.co...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

Amazing Problem in AllocPhysMem wince 6.0
Hi I am writing a Port Driver for x86 platform in WinCE 6.0. I want to allocate virtual and equivalent physical memory in driver and mapped it to USER mode to use application. For that I used AllocPhysMem in driver and passed that address through IOCTL calls but i cant use that virtual and physical address in application side. Because AllocPhysMem returns Error Code as 0x57 (meaning Parameter incorrect). But the same code is working in WinCe 5.0. My code snippet is, VirAddress = (LPVOID)AllocPhysMem(32, PAGE_READWRITE|PAGE_NOCACHE, 0, ...

search #6
hi i want to put a search option in a spredsheet so you can enter 3 or 4 criterias and it will search a page or a few pages for all the results that match the criteria, than it will return all the results to the 1st page, is this poss. please help thank you You can use an Advanced Filter to extract data to another sheet. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html ash wrote: > hi i want to put a search option in a spredsheet so you can enter 3 or 4 > criterias and it will search a page or a few pages for all the results t...

Multiple accounts #3
I have 2 Hotmail and 1 MSN accounts set up in Outlook 2002. It shows that it sends and receives all 3 accounts successfully, but when I go to the Inbox of the Hotmail accounts, there aren't any messages. Thanks, Rick It says it send and received fine, but problems occur when you set up more than one HTTP account, so it is recommended that you only use one per profile ...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

GP 6.0 Security
Hi! I am setting User Classes in GP 6.0 and am interested if there's any document showing relations between windows, reports, files. Information in Tools/Resource Decriptions doesn't look usefull. For example if I need to enable Trial Balance Report option for the user, which Windows, Reports and Files have to be included in order for the report to print correctly without 'not privileged' errors. What should be better approach: disable everything and add wanted options or enable everything than disable just screens that I don't want users to see. Latter looks easi...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

Multiple indexes on same fields in different order
I sometimes need to find the largest or smallest value in a field. If I put two indexes on the same field, one in ascending order and one in descending order, is Jet smart enough to use the proper index if a give it a grouping query with the condition Max or Min, or am I just wasting resources? Pete -- This e-mail address is fake, to keep spammers and their address harvesters out of my hair. If you want to get in touch personally, I am 'pdanes' and I use yahoo mail. But please use the newsgroup when possible, so that all may benefit from the exchange of ideas. ...

Out of Office Assistant replies multiple times
The situation: The user of a fully patched Outlook 2003 SP1 sets an Out of Office reply using the Out Of Office Assistant.. The result: The first time someone sends a message while the OOA reply is turned on, they get the full text of the OOA reply as it is configured. The second and subsequent emails from that same sender gets a truncated version of the OOA message. In my testing, my second message (which isn't supposed to be replied to), got me 2 truncated replies. Examples from my testing: 1st reply: "I am out of the office and will return on Monday, February 28, 2005. At th...

Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller
Dear, Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database) and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :- matadata cleanup select operation target: list domains Found 1 domain(s) 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com select operation target: select domain 0 No current site Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com No current server N...

IDN/ACE domains
Hello, Does anyone know if it's possible to have ACE/IDN domains in Exchange 2003 ? I want to have a domainname with norwegian characters in exchange but I doesn't allow me to type norwegian characters in the email-tab in active directory users and computers. Any ideas anyone ? Third party plugin ? Kindest regards, Rikard Strand ...

outlook express 6 #37
I recently downloaded outlook express 6 and it won't let me open any attachements saying "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements". Can anyone help? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Tools->OPtions->Security. Post any followup to the OE group referenced below. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

Exchange error
Hello, for one week now, my exchange 2000 server crashes nearly every night at random time, the only solution to have it all restart is to restart the entire server. In the application log, multiple error events are reported like these : Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:27:39 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: BELLINI Description: Windows cannot establish a connection to *domain name* with (1364). Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:37:41 User: ...

out side domains
I can not send emails to persons that do not use the same domain ISP. I recieve this message when i try to our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 18/04/2004 8:43 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: someone@somewhere.com.au on 18/04/2004 8:44 PM 550 5.7.1 <someone@somewhere.com.au>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [203.134.100.118] Has anyone got any ideas Thanks Brad .. Have you set your server settings to authenticate before sending? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

IF Multiple Conditions
A B C D E Color Total Time Total Time 2 Time Allowed Y/NO BLUE 1:22:33 2:22:33 1:00:00 BLUE 2:22:33 3:22:33 2:00:00 BLUE 3:22:33 4:22:33 3:00:00 BLUE 4:22:33 5:22:33 4:00:00 BLUE 5:22:33 6:22:33 5:00:00 RED 6:22:33 7:22:33 6:00:00 RED 7:22:33 8:22:33 7:00:00 RED 8:22:33 9:22:33 8:00:00 I need an IF formula that: - will read IF condition in the A column is Blue it will bring back...

Can i move multiple lines between workbooks
I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc. I would like to create separate files for each speed, but Excel won't allow me to cut/copy several lines to created a new file/workbook. Is there any way round this? Martin Ellis Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:28:00 -0700 from Martin Ellis <MartinEllis@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are > identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc...

using domain account for Exch2003 services
In Chapter 3 of the MS Press Training Kit "Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003", there are instructions for changing the Exchange Services to run under a domain account (with appropriate group memberships and rights) rather than the default Local System account for security & auditing purposes. However, I could not start the services after making the change and reviewed several articles stating that only the Local System account will work - KB Articles 271920, 239762, etc. Is the training kit wrong, or is there a way to do this? thanks in advance, Art ...

multiplication in an Excell Spreadsheet
I am having difficulty in multiplying 285 units by 5.960 p. per unit. Can anyone help me solve this problem please? With 285 in cell A1 and 5.96 in cell A2, in cell A3 put =A1*A2 -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "KiaOra" <KiaOra@discussions.microsoft.com...

Vlookup, multiple times in one column summing corresponding
I have a list that contains common invoice numbers that appear multipl times in column A and need to use the vlookup function to find and su the corresponding amounts in column B. As you would be aware the following vlookup functio =VLOOKUP(A3,DATA,2,FALSE) will only return the one amount once i reaches a match and I need it to continue down the column and sum al matching invoice numbers. Column A Column B 145768 356.87 145769 678.90 145880 80.87 * 145769 103.55 145770 56.90 145769 78.32 145880 54.09 * The answer I�m looking to return is 145880 134.96 It has to be a vlookup sty...

Ganhar umas massas/Earn real money !!! #6
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

One front-end server multiple back-end servers
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help with the following scenerio and make some suggestions as to an answer. We have 3 exchange AG groups. 1 AG group has 3 exchange servers in it, each located in it's own AD domain. 1 AG group has one exchange server in it, it's in its own AD domain. Thirdly, the last AG group has 2 exchange servers in it, both are in the same AD domain. 1 of these 2 exchange servers in the final AG mentioned is a front-end server, that should be supporting all the exchange back-end servers. The problem we are facing is that when a user from any of the ...

How do I use the "Correlation" dialog box with multiple ranges?
I'm using data in an Excel 2003 in a workbook, trying to see if there is any correlation between specific offices in which people work and the length of time they have been employed, their age the amount of sickleave taken and/or the amount of sickleave balance they have. I'm attempting to use Data Analysis and the Correlation dialog box. Although the dialog description tells me that I can use multiple comparison ranges, I don't see how to do it. Thanks for any help. Paulf6 - Arrange your data in list (database) format, i.e., names in the top row (Time Employed, Age, ...)...