multiple Domain name delivery problem

hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have multiple
domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails with
attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email addresses,
but the other address works fine & if they send emails without attachments,
everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send them
message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on exchange
server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i get
the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created, i have
checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know yet! i
know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!
0
RAMII (4)

I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps to
a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
"advanced find" if that yields nothing...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have
> multiple
> domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
> problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails with
> attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email
> addresses,
> but the other address works fine & if they send emails without
> attachments,
> everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send them
> message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
> message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on exchange
> server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
> mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i
> get
> the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created, i
> have
> checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
> nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
> accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know
> yet! i
> know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
> questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!

0
sconkey (3059)
4/26/2007 4:23:08 PM
Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only come up
with the known emails that were already there. though this user was only
using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through Outlook
2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out. Again,
any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered correctly!
this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been using
exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!

"Susan" wrote:

> I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
> tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
> was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps to
> a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
> "advanced find" if that yields nothing...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have
> > multiple
> > domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
> > problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails with
> > attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email
> > addresses,
> > but the other address works fine & if they send emails without
> > attachments,
> > everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send them
> > message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
> > message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on exchange
> > server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
> > mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i
> > get
> > the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created, i
> > have
> > checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
> > nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
> > accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know
> > yet! i
> > know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
> > questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!

0
RAMII (4)
4/26/2007 4:52:06 PM
you checked the dumpster for all folders?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205/en-us

--

> Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only come
> up
> with the known emails that were already there. though this user was only
> using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through
> Outlook
> 2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out.
> Again,
> any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered
> correctly!
> this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been using
> exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
>> tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
>> was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps
>> a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
>> "advanced find" if that yields nothing...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have
>> > multiple
>> > domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
>> > problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails
>> > with
>> > attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email
>> > addresses,
>> > but the other address works fine & if they send emails without
>> > attachments,
>> > everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send
>> > them
>> > message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
>> > message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on
>> > exchange
>> > server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
>> > mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i
>> > get
>> > the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created,
>> > have
>> > checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
>> > nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
>> > accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know
>> > yet! i
>> > know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
>> > questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!

0
sconkey (3059)
4/26/2007 4:56:18 PM
i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I verified
that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or by any
rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam filters
or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on multiple
computers with the same results.

"Susan" wrote:

> you checked the dumpster for all folders?

> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only come
> > up
> > with the known emails that were already there. though this user was only
> > using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through
> > Outlook
> > 2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out.
> > Again,
> > any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered
> > correctly!
> > this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been using
> > exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
> >> tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
> >> was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps
> >> a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
> >> "advanced find" if that yields nothing...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >>

> >> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RAMII (4)
4/26/2007 6:22:06 PM
that's truly amazing...I have never, in 12+ years working with Exchange,
seen message tracking show that a message was delivered when it was not...

--

>i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I
>verified
> that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or by
> any
> rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam
> filters
> or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on multiple
> computers with the same results.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> you checked the dumpster for all folders?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only
>> > come
>> > up
>> > with the known emails that were already there. though this user was
>> > only
>> > using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through
>> > Outlook
>> > 2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out.
>> > Again,
>> > any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered
>> > correctly!
>> > this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been
>> > using
>> > exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!

0
sconkey (3059)
4/26/2007 7:44:00 PM
That is what is confuses me also! she has been complaing for a couple weeks,
but i have just started to work on it & didn't beleive it until i tried to
troubleshoot it myself!

"Susan" wrote:

> that's truly amazing...I have never, in 12+ years working with Exchange,
> seen message tracking show that a message was delivered when it was not...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I
> >verified
> > that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or by
> > any
> > rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam
> > filters
> > or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on multiple
> > computers with the same results.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> you checked the dumpster for all folders?
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205/en-us
> >>
> >> --
> >> Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >>

> >> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RAMII (4)
4/26/2007 8:00:02 PM
and you're absolutely certain that all mail is being delivered to the
mailbox, not a personal folder?  no forwarding involved anywhere?

--

> That is what is confuses me also! she has been complaing for a couple
> weeks,
> but i have just started to work on it & didn't beleive it until i tried to
> troubleshoot it myself!
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> that's truly amazing...I have never, in 12+ years working with Exchange,
>> seen message tracking show that a message was delivered when it was
>> not...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I
>> >verified
>> > that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or
>> > by
>> > any
>> > rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam
>> > filters
>> > or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on
>> > multiple
>> > computers with the same results.

0
sconkey (3059)

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Public Function Problems
Hi, I am very new to VBA and am attempting to use a public Function withou much luck. What I need is I have 6 test results in columns C to H and I need Public Function to add the scores up make certain divisions and outpu a mark e.g Merit for the score they achieved. I have attempted it i the code below and have chopped and changed thing so much I am no totally confused. This is the code... Code ------------------- Option Explicit Public Function Grade(cell As Range) As String Dim dblTest1 As Double Dim dblTest2 As Double Dim dblTest3 As Double Dim dblTest4 As Dou...

Outlook 2003 Outlook Today Problem
I installed Office 2003 Standard over top of Office 2000 Professional. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, Outlook 2003 will not let me permanently customize Outlook Today. When I click on customize it presents the menus but is unable to find the graphics such as Winter, Summer, etc. It lets me select summer for instance and when I save the changes I get the summer scheme. But, when I exit Outlook and return my saved preferences are gone. There also appears to be graphic place holders on the Outlook Today screen, no 'x's just blank little squares. In the black date bar o...

Paycheck name is always different
Hello all. Every 2 weeks my incoming paycheck is automatically debited to my account. The Payee is always listed differently, as each transaction has a ";ID=234" or some number at the end. Is there a way to make Money always recognize this as the same payee? I just started Money today (been at it for a few hours now :) and I believe that I need the payee to be the same in order for Money to flag them all the same. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Matt wrote: >Hello all. Every 2 weeks my incoming paycheck is automatically debited to my >account. The Payee is alw...

Multiple Routing Groups
Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise. It now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing groups, so outbound can route through local gateways, and not traverse the country needlessly. While I am researching this, are there any gotcha's or other experiences or things to be aware of when switching to multiple routing groups? tia "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote: >Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise. It >now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing gro...

address book group problem
I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at the bottom of the small window one at a time. Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries which I put in. Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the eight entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if I lose the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them again. TIA Pete It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you....

outlook sending problems
Hi, I am having problems in sending out emails using outlook 2002. From time to time, outlook reports that the mail was failed to be sent with an error code "0x80040109", and the email stays at the Outbox. However, the email receipient will still RECEIVE the email sometimes. This is really annoying as I keep resending emails when the error occurs, which creates a flooding to the receipient. I did remove all the add-in according to the only suggestion I could find through google. The problem still exists. I switched to Outlook 2003, no luck, though I don't see the error...

Corrupted user profile.. how to get back to old name?
Running XP Pro at work. Login through a domain on Win2003SBS. I login with my name ssetnicky and password. We only use the server to store data really, it pushes out antivirus to all the machines, and we can access our accounting software's database which resides on the server. Each one of us has our own login and we're a member of the administrators group. My local computer's profile got corrupted around March 24th. When I logged on it looked as if I was viewing XP for the first time.. the little take a tour icon popped up, none of my quicklaunch icons were there, e...

Problem persisting toolbar state
I'm trying to use SaveBarState("BarState") and LoadBarState("BarState") to remember the state of my toolbars. This works fine for all my toolbars except 2. Checking the registry reveals that the 2 bars are not listed (at least there is no matching BarID entry). When I show them from my view menu the first toolbar (IDR_MAINFRAME) shows up docked to the right side, not where I left it. And the second toolbar (IDR_SECOND_TOOLBAR) toolbar shows up on the correct row, i.e. I moved it down to form a second row, but has moved back to its original horizontal position wh...

Account name not mapped with security id
Hi, After installing CRM, i have noticed in the event viewer on the server that CRM generates an errorin the form of something like Error: Account names not mapped with domain users security IDs. How do i solve this? ...

illegal name? [noobie, please be gentle]
re: xl2k I am attempting to name a column as "fy2007" xl refuses to accept this. Why? Note that "fy2007" appears to satisfy all the naming guidelines, as listed in the help file. Also note, "fy_2007" is acceptable. cheers, jw FY2007 looks like a cell in column FY in row 2007. You could name it FY_2007 or _FY2007 Or most anything that doesn't look like an address. mr_unreliable wrote: > > re: xl2k > > I am attempting to name a column as "fy2007" > > xl refuses to accept this. Why? > > Note that "fy2007"...

Dexterity
Dear Sir/Mis I would like to know if there is anyway i can overcome the following: I've defined a library(COM) in my dictionary. The methods in that .DLL file which are defined as Strings, or take in String parameters, all show as "anonymous" datatypes with "anonymous" parameters in class browser. And therefore am not able to use em. System generates a Datatype conflict error on runtime. The DateTime datatype on the other hand works fine. NB:I've searched the MSDN, and the internet over and over. Thank you If it shows up as anonymous in the Dexterity clas...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...

problem customizing toolbars
Hi everyone I'm trying to customize my outlook toolbars (in the new message area). When I click View > Toolbars > the customize option is greyed out. Not sure why. All I want to do is add and remove some buttons to the toolbars. I'm using Outlook 2000. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps Helen Place your cursor in the message first; not in the Header lines. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Helen" <anonym...

Strange outlook receiving email problem
New to this forum, hopefully you guys can help. One of my customers was having a weird issue... the whole building is on a network/domain. Everyone is set up to use outlook/ pop3. Nobody is having problems except two employees. For some reason they can't receive emails from each other. Using web mail everything works fine. Creating emails from the web mail the email is sent and received in outlook. But sending emails from outlook do not make it to the other persons outlook. Now the weird part is that these two people communicate just fine with everyone else. They can send and receive emai...

Pulling data from multiple worksheets
I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would like to be able to type in a client number on another worksheet and have the client name automatically populate. Look at the Vlookup function or the combination of Index / Match. Vlookup will be a little more straight forward for a first timer but Index / Match is generally speaking a more flexible and less error prone solution. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "parthur" wrote: > I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would > like to be able to type in a clie...

CRM4
Hi, On CRM4, I obtain an ASP.NET error while trying to access the website of my default organization. The message error is the following : "Caller does not have enough privilege to set CallerOriginToken to the specified value". I didn't find anything on the Web... Does anyone have an idea ? Fabien Majurel I have the same problem, I am going to reinstall and see if that helps Mike "Fabien Majurel" wrote: > Hi, > > On CRM4, I obtain an ASP.NET error while trying to access the website of my > default organization. The message error is the following...

Exchange 5.5 internal site problem
Hi, I am using exch 5.5 with 2 srvrs in a single sit , with a mail content scanner enigine on a diff srvr , when i forward mail fm content scanner to first srvr , the mail flow works properly , but when i forward it to second srvr ( which was buileded later) , the recipients on 1 st server dont get internet mails . Can anyone HElp. ...

birthday reminders problem
outlook 97: my reminders are not working when i try to access them by clicking their icons in the contacts folder i get the nysterious message "Outlook could not start because a location to send or receive mail could not be found" this is doubly weird because i do not use outlook to send or receive mail (i use outlook express) and sending/receiving mail is not what i am trying to do anyway another problem - i suspect it is related - my tasks do not appear in my calendar any more. All this began after I archived my calendar. I have tried re-installing outlook but it made...

How do I COMPLETELY change a user name?
Hello, I'm trying to change a user name from JohnSmith to JohnJones. I thought I had changed it properly as it appears as user JohnJones but when they send email, etc...it is still from JohnSmith. What am I forgetting? Thank you in advance, Jack In ADUC. right click on the user object and select "Rename" . That should show up the field that did not get flipped.... "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37C7F16C-84C1-4B45-834F-33778CD6A8B4@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I'm trying to change a user name from JohnSmith ...

Email looping problem
Hi, We have recently taken over another company and I need to get the users at the new companies site to be able to receive emails in the format of our companies email e.g. both sites need to receive emails sent to joe.bloggs@xyz.com We have setup recipient policy on the new companies exchange to accept emails for our companies domain. We have also set the SMTP virtual server at each site to "forward email with unresolved recipients" to the public IP address of the other. The problem here is that when an email is sent to a user that doesn't exist both exchange servers w...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...

VC++6.0 + CComboBoxEx + Win2000 = problem
Hello I have a problem wit the MFC class CComboboxEx and VC++6.0 under Windows 2000. The combobox is a "drop list" (Style CBS_DROPDOWNLIST) Basically everything work as it should be, the icons will be displayed in my combobox, the items are there, basically fine. But now my problem: 1)First the behaviour of the CComboBox class to explain my problem more exact (maybe I do not expect the correct behaviour in CComboBoxEx?): -For opening the dropdown list click the left mouse button -If I click the left mouse button again the dropdown list will be closed. 2)Now the CComboBoxEx c...

2 exchange servers/2 different sites/1 domain
I have 2 sites, NY/MN, both need to use the same domain name for mail (pm.com), both will be in the same Active Directory forest, I want to have an Exchange server in both locations, the 2 sites are connected via VPN, the mx record for mail going to user@pm.com gets routed into the NY Exchange server, my question is, knowing they will each have a seperate server, running seperate databases, how will mail going to MNuser@pm.com get delivered to the mailboxes in MN? This is possible isn't it? Thanks-Dan Fox If both servers are in the same Exchange site, then the mail that is addre...

Search for userform or procedure name?
Tried to search XL files in Windoze Explorer for userform, procedure and module names - doesn't work. Does anyone know of a search tool that can do this? Sure would be handy! Thanks in advance. Check out MZ-Tools for VBA. It's an add-in at... http://www.mztools.com/v3/mztools3.aspx -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "salgud" wrote: > Tried to search XL files in Windoze Explorer for userform, procedure and > module names - doesn't work. Does anyone know of a search too...