multiple Domain name delivery problem

hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have multiple
domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails with
attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email addresses,
but the other address works fine & if they send emails without attachments,
everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send them
message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on exchange
server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i get
the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created, i have
checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know yet! i
know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!
0
RAMII (4)

I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps to
a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
"advanced find" if that yields nothing...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have
> multiple
> domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
> problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails with
> attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email
> addresses,
> but the other address works fine & if they send emails without
> attachments,
> everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send them
> message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
> message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on exchange
> server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
> mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i
> get
> the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created, i
> have
> checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
> nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
> accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know
> yet! i
> know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
> questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!

0
sconkey (3059)
4/26/2007 4:23:08 PM
Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only come up
with the known emails that were already there. though this user was only
using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through Outlook
2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out. Again,
any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered correctly!
this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been using
exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!

"Susan" wrote:

> I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
> tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
> was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps to
> a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
> "advanced find" if that yields nothing...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have
> > multiple
> > domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
> > problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails with
> > attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email
> > addresses,
> > but the other address works fine & if they send emails without
> > attachments,
> > everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send them
> > message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
> > message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on exchange
> > server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
> > mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i
> > get
> > the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created, i
> > have
> > checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
> > nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
> > accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know
> > yet! i
> > know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
> > questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!

0
RAMII (4)
4/26/2007 4:52:06 PM
you checked the dumpster for all folders?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205/en-us

--

> Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only come
> up
> with the known emails that were already there. though this user was only
> using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through
> Outlook
> 2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out.
> Again,
> any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered
> correctly!
> this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been using
> exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
>> tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
>> was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps
>> a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
>> "advanced find" if that yields nothing...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have
>> > multiple
>> > domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
>> > problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails
>> > with
>> > attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email
>> > addresses,
>> > but the other address works fine & if they send emails without
>> > attachments,
>> > everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send
>> > them
>> > message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
>> > message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on
>> > exchange
>> > server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
>> > mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i
>> > get
>> > the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created,
>> > have
>> > checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
>> > nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
>> > accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know
>> > yet! i
>> > know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
>> > questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!

0
sconkey (3059)
4/26/2007 4:56:18 PM
i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I verified
that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or by any
rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam filters
or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on multiple
computers with the same results.

"Susan" wrote:

> you checked the dumpster for all folders?

> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only come
> > up
> > with the known emails that were already there. though this user was only
> > using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through
> > Outlook
> > 2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out.
> > Again,
> > any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered
> > correctly!
> > this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been using
> > exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
> >> tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
> >> was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps
> >> a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
> >> "advanced find" if that yields nothing...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >>

> >> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RAMII (4)
4/26/2007 6:22:06 PM
that's truly amazing...I have never, in 12+ years working with Exchange,
seen message tracking show that a message was delivered when it was not...

--

>i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I
>verified
> that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or by
> any
> rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam
> filters
> or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on multiple
> computers with the same results.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> you checked the dumpster for all folders?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only
>> > come
>> > up
>> > with the known emails that were already there. though this user was
>> > only
>> > using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through
>> > Outlook
>> > 2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out.
>> > Again,
>> > any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered
>> > correctly!
>> > this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been
>> > using
>> > exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!

0
sconkey (3059)
4/26/2007 7:44:00 PM
That is what is confuses me also! she has been complaing for a couple weeks,
but i have just started to work on it & didn't beleive it until i tried to
troubleshoot it myself!

"Susan" wrote:

> that's truly amazing...I have never, in 12+ years working with Exchange,
> seen message tracking show that a message was delivered when it was not...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I
> >verified
> > that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or by
> > any
> > rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam
> > filters
> > or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on multiple
> > computers with the same results.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> you checked the dumpster for all folders?
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205/en-us
> >>
> >> --
> >> Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >>

> >> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RAMII (4)
4/26/2007 8:00:02 PM
and you're absolutely certain that all mail is being delivered to the
mailbox, not a personal folder?  no forwarding involved anywhere?

--

> That is what is confuses me also! she has been complaing for a couple
> weeks,
> but i have just started to work on it & didn't beleive it until i tried to
> troubleshoot it myself!
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> that's truly amazing...I have never, in 12+ years working with Exchange,
>> seen message tracking show that a message was delivered when it was
>> not...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I
>> >verified
>> > that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or
>> > by
>> > any
>> > rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam
>> > filters
>> > or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on
>> > multiple
>> > computers with the same results.

0
sconkey (3059)

multiple calendars 01-13-10
I have 2 calendars. How do I overlay the calendars and print a composite? How do I move all data from 1 calendar into the other so that I can delete the 2nd calendar? Can you tell us your version as the functionality varies between versions. To get you started copying from one folder to another... open the Calendar you want to empty | view in By Category view | select all | drag to the destination Calendar and release. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implemen...

Problem with VBA and assignment of a value
I have a form w/subform and need to display the average of one field (AverageAge) and the count of records in the subform on the form somewhere else than in the subform. I calculate AverageAge as Average([Age] in the form footer. I get the record count using the recordCount property o the subform. The problem is that I can't sem to get the value 'AverageAge' into an unbound textbox. Me.AvgAge = Me.Team_Members_subform.Form.AverageAge produces the error Application-Defined or Object-Defined error. Me.AvgAge = Me.Team_Members_subform.Form.Age gives me the correct age f...

Table format
Hi When I run the code below I get "External table is not in the expected format" error at line rsData.Open sSQL, sConnect, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText Option Explicit Public Sub SelectFromAccess() Dim rsData As ADODB.Recordset Dim sPath As String Dim sConnect As String Dim sSQL As String 'Clear the destination worksheet Sheets(1).UsedRange.Clear 'Get the database path (same as this workbook) sPath = ThisWorkbook.Path If Right$(sPath, 1) <> "\" Then sPath = sPath & "\" 'Create the connection s...

Problem with converting Quicken to Money.
I am a new user of Money, I just installed it and converted all of my Quicken files over. When I began to enter my recipts I was warned that there was already a weekly "recurring payment" related to that receipt. It ends up that more then half my receipts got the same warning. When I viewed the Bills area most days were filled with recurring payments. What is going on? Anyone else have this problem after converting from Quicken? ...

how to arrange list by first or last name
I am trying to make a list with first, middle, last name , street address, and phone numbers. I like to know how you can review the list by any combination of first name, last name, city, state, and or phone number? hi can you give examples of how your list is layed out. i am thinking a helper column with an extraction formula might work. regards FSt1 "Andy" wrote: > I am trying to make a list with first, middle, last name , street address, > and phone numbers. I like to know how you can review the list by any > combination of first name, last name, c...

Index Match Problem
I'm using the following formula, but it's returning #N/A: =INDEX('File X'!$F$1:$F$2000,MATCH(1,($B5='File X'!$A$1:$A$2000)*(S$4='File X'!$G$1:$G$2000),0) However, if I replace the S$4 with "7710", it returns the correct value. The number in S4 is 7710. Why won't the formula recognize the cell reference, but if I type the contents of the cell manually, it works? I double-checked to make sure nothing was entered as text. Hi, is 7710 a number typed or imported, check if you don't have blank spaces in one of the two cells you ...

POP should allow blanket PO's with multiple items from 1 vendor
Clients have requested this multiple times and it is probably time to post it here... In the creation of a Blanket PO, current functionality only allows the entry of one item. In many cases, a client needs to be able to creat a blanket purchase order for a single vendor that has multiple items (SKU's) and the ability to release selected items and quantities as needed. In other situations, a client would also have a price point/contract from a vendor that if they order x number of items at a time they can obtain a better price. But again, current functionality does not allow this ...

Last name, first name
I have a list with lastname, firstname in a cell. I would like to change it to firsname lastname. Any clues? officexp. Thank you. Mich - Insert a column after your name column, highlight the name column, go to Data, Text to Columns, Delimited, select comma, finish. This will give you two columns, lastname, firstname. Insert a column before your lastname column. Move the firstname column to the new column. Your third column should now be blank. Enter in the formula =CONCATENATE(,A1," ",B1)in the third column. This will put your firstname space lastname in the third ...

problem with pivot table
Hello all: I am trying to make a pivot table from my date. My data includes Names, Dates (which I formatted to month, "m" in the format cells option)and Amount due. In designing the pt, I have "Name" in the row field, "Date" in the columnn field and "Amount due" in the Data field. I want my data to be grouped as follows: Month 1 2 3 4 Name $100 $20 $30 $20 Instead I am getting more than 1 month column i.e. Month 1 1 2 2 2 3 Name $80 $20 $30 $20 Do you know why...

Problem with Pie and Doughnut Charts
Hi, I have a couple of doubts in charts: 1) I have a graph where the Column and line charts are plotted on the same axis. I have got that correctly as well. Now, the problem is I want to display selective "Data Labels" on the *line graph*. How do I accomplish this task? (Actually the values for my line graph are same, hence its just a stright line. And I donot want the same value to be displayed again and again. I need just one data label on the beginning of the line) 2) Problem with Doughnut Chart: I have my "Category labels" on multiple rows (each value is typed in 3 ...

Strange problem in BP Portal for GP10 with Queries
I just had a user come to me and tell me he is getting an error on the sales page saying the query does not exist. This is the out of the box query that has not been modified. When I go into query organizer I find the Purchase Order Line Item folder but it now has a (1) beside it with the query inside it. What causes the folders to be renamed. While looking at the queries I multiple folders with the (1) out beside them. Thanks for any information you can shed on this. Robert Fann rfann@nospam.omnipackaging.com ------=_NextPart_0001_BD46EE76 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-...

How do I avoid this problem with rule?
I have a rule that looks for "hot" in the subject and moves that message to a spam folder. The problem is that if photo is in the subject, the rule sees "hot" in the word photo and moves the message. How can I tell the rule to look for complete words? Thanks, Brett Depending on the version of Outlook, you may be able to use the Exception rule. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Brett <myaccount@cygen.com> asked: | I have a rule that looks for ...

Help needed with form problem
Workbook contains several forms of varying style and function. One form shows the results of 10 recent tests in a countdown fashion, showing just the results of one test, followed by a one-second delay, followed by just the results of the second test, and so on until the result of each of the 10 tests has been shown. Then the program proceeds on to the next step by calling up a different form. The problem . . . Sometimes when the program starts running one or two of the forms are blanked out ("white" with just the top header showing). The forms continue to function within the ...

Insert Data From Multiple Worksheets Into One (With Criteria)
Ok, I have created a sales report list that tracks what customers we are contacting, how we are contacting them, if they are a new or existing customer and if we sent a quote, along with some other details. There is a worksheet the salesmen fills out for each day of the month (its linked to a calendar) and that all goes into a "dashboard" that shows the breakdown with graphs. Now what i would like to do is have another worksheet list all the customers that we sent quotes to so they can mark if the quote was won or lost , state sales projections and give reasons why won ...

Outlook 2002 connector: problem connecting with Domino server because of NAMELookup2 problem
Hi, I'm trying to use Outlook 2002 Connector to connect with a Domino R5 server, but I can get no connection. From the log file I see that the connector uses a NAMELookup2 with the correct Domino server to get the name of the mail file, but the name its gets back is corrupted. There are spurious characters at the end of the mail file name. From the MSOCLog.txt file <<67c 25 16:37>> User name : : CN=Jean-Paul Smeets/O=Someorg <<4f8 25 16:37>> NAMELookup2 called with m_pServerName=someserver Flags=0 pNameSpaces=0x13646F4 NumNameSpaces=1 pNames=0x12E6CC NumNames=1 ...

Invalid sender domain
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Boat Sent: 4/17/2006 11:19 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Fahlahas@Surgv.com' on 4/17/2006 11:19 AM 554 Fahlahas@Surgv.com: Recipient address rejected: invalid sender domain Dan Klinge <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote: > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > Subject: RE: Boat > > Sent: 4/17/2006 11:19 AM > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'Fahlahas@Surgv.com' on 4/17/2006 11:19 ...

Multiple postmaster accounts
Does anyone know how to configure the NDR's to be sent from multiple postmaster accounts? We have an exchange 2003 organization running in native mode, containing three admin groups servicing multiple domains. Is there a way to configure the account's that send the non-delivery reciepts per domain? Currently all our NDR's come from the default domain set in the default reciepient policy. How can we get the NDR's to mirror the domain they were being sent to? ie: postmaster@a.com or postmaster@b.com -- Many Thanks On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:59:12 -0700, Nikrep <Nikrep@...

Sending from multiple accounts
This has been asked before but there doesn't appear to be an answer, so I thought I would try to keep this alive. I have multiple accounts in Outlook. They all send through the same SMTP server (this problem goes away when multiple SMTP servers are involved). All my outbound e-mail is now going out under the default account name, regardless of the account selected. There is no authentication on my SMTP server, so that option won't work. Has anyone found a solution for this yet? ...

Windows 2008
Hi, I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to access the c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can access the folder? Thank you, "Jack Black" <gwklocker01@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60b578d9-ce73-4ab8-851b-9039ea6cfee5@n16g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to > access the > c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History > > Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can...

Outlook 2000 Password Problem
I have Outlook 2000 on my PC. One feature that I really like is that can type my password in once and for as long as that particular sessio is active the program will never ask me for my password again. Once leave the program the program will then again request the password fo email authentication. I have just gotten a laptop and I installe Outlook 2000 on it. The laptop makes me type in the password each time Is there a way for Outlook 2000 to remember my password each sessio without checking the Save Password box? Thanks, Chri ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Naming new server
Cana anyone tell me if there are any implication with Exchange 2003 with having the server physically named "xyz.company.com" and having a cname in the internal dns that point "mail.company.com" to "xyz.company.com"? I'd sooner not have to have users needing to know the specific name of the server they need (whether using pop3/imap/smtp/webmail) but I don't know if using an alias is likely to cause problems? TIA, Paul On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:56:43 -0800, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >Cana anyone tell me if there are any implicat...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Paper size problem
I want to print flyers using Wizard, on A5 Paper. When I use Special Size on Page Setup to change to A5 sizes and set Printer Properties to A5 paper in Print Setup, half the content is not printed. How can I fit the contents of the flyer to an A5 and print. I'm on Win. ME, Publisher 2000 and Lex.Z32 Printer. The flyers are only setup for standard size paper like A4. They are not able to be changed to A5 paper. You can open two instances of Publisher so you can copy from the A4 page to the A5 page and re-size the objects on the A5 page. -- The US should free all those illegally held...

Query based on multiple parameters
I would like to create a query where the user can input 2 or more parameters (part numbers), separated by comma and/or space and return information about that part. I already have a query that accepts one parameter. Is there a way to do this with more than one? I have read some posts that say to use a table to serve up the paraments and the user chooses one or more. However, a particular part or parts may not yet be in the table as they are new or unknown. Is there any way to do this without using an existing table but just accept input from the user on the fly? T...

Multiple chart types on same chart
Hi, I have following data in columnar format Quarter of the year (e.g. Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Geographic zone of organization, e.g. (North, East, West, South) 4 Top selling products of the company (P1, P2, P3, P4) And eventually the sales amounts for the concerned product in the concerned zone for the concerned quarter. I would like to have a single chart that displays on the x-axis the Quarters of the year. For each quarter the geographic zone data is shown as clustered bars, and the product info per zone is shown as stacked bar. Thus visually I will have per quarter the 4 geographic zo...