multiple Domain name delivery problem

hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have multiple
domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails with
attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email addresses,
but the other address works fine & if they send emails without attachments,
everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send them
message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on exchange
server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i get
the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created, i have
checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know yet! i
know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!
0
RAMII (4)

I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps to
a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
"advanced find" if that yields nothing...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have
> multiple
> domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
> problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails with
> attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email
> addresses,
> but the other address works fine & if they send emails without
> attachments,
> everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send them
> message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
> message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on exchange
> server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
> mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i
> get
> the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created, i
> have
> checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
> nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
> accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know
> yet! i
> know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
> questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!

0
sconkey (3059)
4/26/2007 4:23:08 PM
Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only come up
with the known emails that were already there. though this user was only
using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through Outlook
2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out. Again,
any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered correctly!
this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been using
exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!

"Susan" wrote:

> I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
> tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
> was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps to
> a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
> "advanced find" if that yields nothing...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have
> > multiple
> > domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
> > problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails with
> > attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email
> > addresses,
> > but the other address works fine & if they send emails without
> > attachments,
> > everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send them
> > message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
> > message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on exchange
> > server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
> > mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i
> > get
> > the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created, i
> > have
> > checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
> > nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
> > accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know
> > yet! i
> > know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
> > questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!

0
RAMII (4)
4/26/2007 4:52:06 PM
you checked the dumpster for all folders?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205/en-us

--

> Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only come
> up
> with the known emails that were already there. though this user was only
> using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through
> Outlook
> 2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out.
> Again,
> any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered
> correctly!
> this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been using
> exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
>> tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
>> was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps
>> a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
>> "advanced find" if that yields nothing...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have
>> > multiple
>> > domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any
>> > problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails
>> > with
>> > attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email
>> > addresses,
>> > but the other address works fine & if they send emails without
>> > attachments,
>> > everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send
>> > them
>> > message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the
>> > message, but not the other user! I even use message tracking on
>> > exchange
>> > server management & see that the message is delivered to each of our
>> > mailboxes, but when you open our mailboxes on outlook 2003/2007, only i
>> > get
>> > the message. I have checked the user's rules, & there are non created,
>> > have
>> > checked the user's profile & the user's exchange properties & there is
>> > nothing different from other users on my network. We have @ 1000 user
>> > accounts & i am scared that others are having problems, but don't know
>> > yet! i
>> > know this sounds kinda weird, but please email if you have any extra
>> > questions that will help troubleshoot this problem! thanks a million!

0
sconkey (3059)
4/26/2007 4:56:18 PM
i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I verified
that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or by any
rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam filters
or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on multiple
computers with the same results.

"Susan" wrote:

> you checked the dumpster for all folders?

> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only come
> > up
> > with the known emails that were already there. though this user was only
> > using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through
> > Outlook
> > 2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out.
> > Again,
> > any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered
> > correctly!
> > this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been using
> > exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> I would execute an "advanced find" on that user's mailbox...if message
> >> tracking verifies that the message was delivered  to her mailbox, it
> >> was...does she have her "delivery point" set to the mailbox?  or perhaps
> >> a personal folder?  Also check the dumpster when you're done with the
> >> "advanced find" if that yields nothing...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >>

> >> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RAMII (4)
4/26/2007 6:22:06 PM
that's truly amazing...I have never, in 12+ years working with Exchange,
seen message tracking show that a message was delivered when it was not...

--

>i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I
>verified
> that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or by
> any
> rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam
> filters
> or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on multiple
> computers with the same results.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> you checked the dumpster for all folders?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Susan, I did an Advanced find on all the user's folders & only
>> > come
>> > up
>> > with the known emails that were already there. though this user was
>> > only
>> > using OWA & still had the same issue, i went ahead & did this through
>> > Outlook
>> > 2003. I think i have looked at everything to try to figure this out.
>> > Again,
>> > any email from this sender without the attachments, get delivered
>> > correctly!
>> > this is the craziest problem i have seen w/ exchange & we have been
>> > using
>> > exchange for 6+ years! Any other suggestions are greatly recommended!

0
sconkey (3059)
4/26/2007 7:44:00 PM
That is what is confuses me also! she has been complaing for a couple weeks,
but i have just started to work on it & didn't beleive it until i tried to
troubleshoot it myself!

"Susan" wrote:

> that's truly amazing...I have never, in 12+ years working with Exchange,
> seen message tracking show that a message was delivered when it was not...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I
> >verified
> > that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or by
> > any
> > rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam
> > filters
> > or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on multiple
> > computers with the same results.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> you checked the dumpster for all folders?
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205/en-us
> >>
> >> --
> >> Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >>

> >> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RAMII (4)
4/26/2007 8:00:02 PM
and you're absolutely certain that all mail is being delivered to the
mailbox, not a personal folder?  no forwarding involved anywhere?

--

> That is what is confuses me also! she has been complaing for a couple
> weeks,
> but i have just started to work on it & didn't beleive it until i tried to
> troubleshoot it myself!
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> that's truly amazing...I have never, in 12+ years working with Exchange,
>> seen message tracking show that a message was delivered when it was
>> not...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "RAMII" <RAMII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i did check the dumpster. no messages from the sender show there. I
>> >verified
>> > that the messages are not being deleted or anything. (by the user, or
>> > by
>> > any
>> > rules or anything.) The messages are not getting blocked by any spam
>> > filters
>> > or virus scan either, as i open the account in OWA, & Outlook on
>> > multiple
>> > computers with the same results.

0
sconkey (3059)

Dialog opening problem and drawing
Hi im having an application with its main window and on toolbar press and click into image disaplyed by application i want to open a simple modal dialog. Well dialog gets open only after i either minimize the main window or bring it back behind some other. also in that dialog im trying to draw in CStatic control wich i succesifulli do i guess however i want get anything dipalyed until that window is not moved of the screen and returned or got behind some other. what could be a problem for this refresh ? aris You could try calling UpdateWindow on your dialog (although this should happe...

Problem with Spam filter in OL2003
I'm having a problem with Spam filtering in OL2003. Under Junk email Options I have the level set to High and within International I have a number of TLDs set. All appears to be set correctly but when I receive email it all goes into my Inbox. I do have a Junk Email folder but it has a red crossed circle on it. Maybe this is normal but I'm not sure. Is there some other setting that I am unaware of which is needed to activate the spam blocking? Thanks Bob <bob1030@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm having a problem with Spam filtering in OL2003. Under Junk email &g...

Multiple Conditional Formatting
I have an annual report spreadsheet comprised of 15 rows (1 - 15) and 6 columns (A - F). Column headings are "A = Name", "B = Date", "C = Wage", "D = Raise", "E = % Recent", "F = % Total In columns "A", "B" and "D" I manually add names or numbers as needed. Columns "C" "E" and "F" are formulas based on values in "B" and "D". The names in "A" remain constant, never requiring change. Rows are filled in starting with dates in "B", ...

Formula problem
I have "inherited" a spreadsheet from someone else and am having problem creating new formulas (there currently are no formulas in th spreadsheet). I don't know if there is an option setting causing th problem or if it is something else. When I enter a formula, such as =IF(A1=1,"TRUE","FALSE"), it shows th formula in the cell instead of the result. I have tried a couple o things to figure out what's going on without much success. If I enter the exact same formula in a new workbook, it behaves as expect it to. If I enter the exact same formula in a ...

Multiple checkbox selections
I created a temp table bound to a form in datasheet view. The idea was to create a way for users to select the one item from the Left column and multiple items on column 2. Column A Column B Fruit Apples Meats Oranges Carbs Steak Potato Chicken Bread When I create a checkbox for Column A and Column B, when one is selected, all becomes selected. 2 Issues; one is there a way to not use temp table, two how to deal with the checkbox in a ...

Outlook connector, connection problems still annoying...
Hello, (my hope is that someone from MS read this, reported more than one time via feedback) I have one problem with the Outlook connector which is more than annoying. I have added 5 Hotmail accounts, and I have added Outlook 2007 to my Autostart folder. Unfortunately I have sometimes problems with my rouuter/ISP at windows startup, with the result that I get 5 message boxes which ask me for my Hotmail password. That's annoying. Peter It sounds like you need to delay outlook's start. There are utilities that can control the start order and add delays or you can use a batch file ...

Password / Auto_Open Macro Problem :-(
Hi, I recently made this macro in excel: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.basic.visual.misc/browse_thread/thread/4224d7377faa09d3/e008d26c6bdad365 I then made an Auto_Open macro consisting of the line "call Highlighted_Text()" . My workbook has always had a password. Since opening the workbook with the Auto_Open macro, I am asked for my password as usual. But even though I am entering the correct password, I am told that it is wrong and to check if I have my SHIFT key turned off. I CAN'T ACCESS THE WORKBOOK!!!! I have tried pressing the SHIFT key different ways...

Fuel Consumption Problem
I need to build a worksheet that calculates MPG for a car whenever the tank is filled. The tank is not filled each time, but some times only a few gallons are put in. I need a formula that will do the maths only when the tank is filled. It would need to take into account the partial fillings in order to get the correct MPG. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Rusty Surely it is just sum of miles travelled divided by sum of gallons input? -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Rusty" <kenrussell@optus YOU...

Delivery failed
I have created a contact on Ex2k3 with external address (hotmail account) and an alias (sales@abland.com). When I send email to the alias and then check it on the hotmail account to see if it was delivered, it does acknowledge that a mail was sent but gives a "delivery failure " notification. What am I doing wrong? By the way can anybody tell me where is the tab Delivery Option in Ex2k3? Would appreciate any help on these. - Delivery Options is in recipient (user, group, contact, etc.) properties | Exchange General tab. - What does the "delivery failure" notification say...

Database problems
I am a computr Tech, I installed RMS for a friend and explained that they need to back it up every night, which i discovered has not been done. Now when I try to use store Ops, I get "login failed" If I go to Ops Admin, I can connect to the DB, but when I test the connection, it tells me "login failed" at one point i even get "the database has been marked suspect by recovery" I cannot ever use Operrations manager Help me PLEASE -- Terry Terry, Are you sure you are using the correct SQL SA password? How did you copy/install/place the database onto the com...

Page Preview/Print Problem
When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "margins do not fit page size" error. I have followed all the help instructions on formatting a worksheet to a single page, but nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions? What version of Excel and window are you using? "laura@basi-usa.com" wrote: > When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate > page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "...

Can we restrict one user to send and receive email from only one external domain, but all internal addresses
We had a request to restrict internet email usage for a single user but allow internal email both incoming and outgoing. We did this using a non-internet routable email address for this user and restricted them from using the outgoing smtp connector. We now have a request to allow this user to still use internal email but add one external domain to send and receive to. Is this possible ? Thank you, Ken It is possible with Ex2k7 Transport Rules. For Ex2k3, you need to add an SMTP event sink program to the incoming and outgoing SMTP VS to filter his emails. http://support.microsoft...

sync problems #3
I am having two problems synch 1. With MSN Money, will not sync data saying information is needed, but I can log on to site with no poblem and when I go to send a bill have no problem. 2. Sync with MSN Web keeps saying updates are temporarily unavaialbe (been a couple of months since I was able to do so). I own Microsoft Money 2006 (upgraded serveral times from earlier versions. Any suggestions? I have the same problem as do others on this site. I bet you installed the beta of IE 7 as I did. even though I uninstalled it the syncing does not work. John "BillB" <BillB...

MIDL Problem by creating TypeLib from IDL
Hi, I receive the following error message when I call the MIDL compiler to create a Typlib from an IDL File (translated from german): "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be found." The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. How can I solve this problem? Thanks Christian > "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be > found." > The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. Is mspdb60.dll in a location described in you PATH environment variable? It s...

Vlookup against multiple columns/worksheets question
I have expenses that when imported from the web, come into Excel all over the place, random columns, cells and rows. I have combined all our departments onto their own worksheets within a single Excel file, but now I have to pull this all together, and there's no rhyme or reason as to how the data is pulled in. How would I organize this data? I leaning towards Vlookup, but not able to get anything to work. Any guidance from the guru's is greatly appreciated!!! -- JCarter Still Learning Although it may look like things are strewn "all over the place", they may actu...

XP/Pub97 print problem
Looking for help last night I saw a question concerning using Publisher 97 on XP. Since the answer was yes, I have a different question. I used to print statements with publisher, and had a clip-art at the top. Now, since I upgraded to XP, the clip-art does not print. Late last night I found that if I save the file then reload it, I can print one copy. The second print operation drops the clip-art. As long as I reload the file first, I can print another copy. I feel this is a 'settings' problem, but can't find anything that seems to fit. I really don't know where to loo...

SQL 2008, problem setting Identity Specification
Hi, I'm trying to set an IdentityColumn on a table. But I get the following error when I try that "Saving changes is not permitted. The changes you have made require the following tables to be created and re-created. You have either made changes to a table that can't be re-created or enabled the option Prevent saving changes that require table to be re-created." I have never seen this kind of error in pervious version of SQL. I am the db_owner on this database. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Such operation requires re-creation of the table and the ...

Mail delivery in Exchange 2003
Hi all, here is the problem when I tired to send mail to someone@somewhere.com, I got undeliverable report from my server saying that mail is not delivered to someone@somewhere.com.uk. I asked administrator of somewhere.com, he said that their SMTP gateway did receive a mail from us, but the address was someone@somewhere.com.uk. I used hotmail and yahoo mail to send mail to someone@somewhere.com, both success. I tired to send mail to someperson@somewhere.com, also success. any one have idea on this ???? Many thanks, Alex Hi, May be - there is a forwarding rul...

Messages queued for deferred delivery
we have 2 e-2k3 bridgehead servers that are in different admin groups and connec ted using a routing group connector. MAil flow was working fine until today. Now I see email from 1 group going into messages queued for deferred delivery and staying there? I can't figure out how that started and why?\ How do I get rid of that? I need it set to immediate delivery "SD" <supriya.donde@frx.com> wrote: >we have 2 e-2k3 bridgehead servers that are in different >admin groups and connec ted using a routing group >connector. >MAil flow was working fine until toda...

Large BLOB problem
Hi,I am using SQL Server 2000 as backend, where I store files, so i came to problem when I fill IMAGE (OLE Object) field with files larger tha 50 mb.Table is linked to access 97 application, i use DAO GetChunk and AppendChunk methods.Error (ODBC call failed) emerges when I call Update method of recordset object.I've run some tests with same table structure using access97 db as backend and everything works fine, files of 150 mb are 'uploaded' without problem.When I use SQL Server 2000 as backend , i can't insert more than 50mb into field.What is the problem?Cache between access...

VLookup on multiple columns
Hi I want to carry out a Vertical Lookup but the Lookup Value is contained in 2 columns. Can this be done or would it be best to Concatenate the 2 columns into one? Thanks Shirley Munro -- Shirley Munro ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shirley Munro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=836 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493021 Without a specific example, it's difficult to give you specific help... Meanwhile, I believe this website will get you headed in the righ...

MAPI Problem with Exchange 2000 and ARCServe Agent
My ARCServe BrightStore backup software will no longer perform a bricks-level backup (information store backup works fine). The bricks-level backup uses MAPI functions where the information store backup does not. The ARCServe tech support finally determined the problem is with my Exchange 2000 server and not their software. The only change I made to my network recently is I upgraded my Windows 2000 domain to a Windows 2003 domain using domainprep and forestprep because I wanted to upgrade only my domain controllers to Windows 2003. My Exchange 2000 server is sitting on a Windows 2000 Se...

Problem with Importing .csv into Excel
Hi, I have a csv file with a number of words (probably 1000-2000) separated by the "|" character. I wanted to import this file into Excel (Office 2003 Excel), so that I could get each word on a separate line so I could paste them into a blank text document. The problem is, when I go to import the .csv file, Excel imports each word into a column heading, & seeing as how it is limited to 256 columns, my file is not fully imported. I see that Excel has a 65000 row limit, which is more then enough, but I cannot see a way to get Excel to import each word as a separate row, rather tha...

Multiple inputs one output
What could I use to enable one cell to have a value that is controlled by multiple options, but only one of them will be filled in but will vary each time. For instance, A1,A2,A3 are amounts of something that will be filled in and variable. Only one will be entered. I need the amount in A1,A2,or A3 to then be entered into G12 on another worksheet. Thanks for any help. Quick and dirty method (Assumes that one one of the three fields will have input, otherwise it will show all of the data entered) In cell G12 enter =VALUE(A1&B1&C1) if it is going to be text then enter =(A1&B...

Sorting problem #9
I have a worksheet with 5 columns and 5 rows. A number gets entered into each cell (A1:E5). I need to sort so that each number is placed in sequential order (smallest to largest) across the columns and down the rows (see example below). Can this be done? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Patrick, You could use another block of formulas, which wouldn't affect the original entries, but could be used in their place. Enter this into cell G1, then copy to G1:K5. =SMALL($A$1:$E$5,(ROW()-ROW($G...