Multiple Domain e-mail addresses

We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a
bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I
configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For
example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also
like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have
updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes
on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance...

0
Raymond

Recipient polices-email address policy.

"Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
> We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a
> bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I
> configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For
> example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also
> like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have
> updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the
> changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance...

0
tophre (14)
6/16/2005 10:13:11 PM
That's what I thought, but I receive the following when sending to the new
e-mail address:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
newuseraddress@newdomain.com
Remote-MTA: 192.168.8.17

"tophre" <tophre@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Recipient polices-email address policy.
>

> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
>> We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a
>> bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I
>> configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For
>> example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would
>> also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I
>> have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the
>> changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance...

0
Raymond
6/17/2005 4:28:11 PM
I should also note that I can send to the new e-mail address internally,
just not from the outside.

> That's what I thought, but I receive the following when sending to the new
> e-mail address:
>
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
> newuseraddress@newdomain.com
> Remote-MTA: 192.168.8.17
>

> "tophre" <tophre@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Recipient polices-email address policy.
>>

>> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
>>> We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having
>>> a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin
>>> do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain.
>>> For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and
>>> would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note
>>> that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to
>>> make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance...

0
Raymond
6/17/2005 5:04:11 PM
See if this article helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323669

"Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
> That's what I thought, but I receive the following when sending to the new
> e-mail address:
>
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
> newuseraddress@newdomain.com
> Remote-MTA: 192.168.8.17
>

> "tophre" <tophre@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Recipient polices-email address policy.
>>

>> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
>>> We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having
>>> a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin
>>> do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain.
>>> For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and
>>> would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note
>>> that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to
>>> make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance...

0
tophre (14)
6/17/2005 7:35:51 PM
did you make sure thatyou checked on the recipint policy when you created it
for the second domain the box that says this "oraganization is repsonsible
for this domain" or something to that effect. If you dont check this box then
you will get the errors that you are seing

"Raymond Spitzingle" wrote:

> I should also note that I can send to the new e-mail address internally,
> just not from the outside.
>
> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
> > That's what I thought, but I receive the following when sending to the new
> > e-mail address:
> >
> > Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
> > newuseraddress@newdomain.com
> > Remote-MTA: 192.168.8.17
> >

> > "tophre" <tophre@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Recipient polices-email address policy.
> >>

> >> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message

0
Skip1 (502)
6/17/2005 8:10:05 PM
Yes, it is checked.

"skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> did you make sure thatyou checked on the recipint policy when you created
> it
> for the second domain the box that says this "oraganization is repsonsible
> for this domain" or something to that effect. If you dont check this box
> then
> you will get the errors that you are seing
>

> "Raymond Spitzingle" wrote:
>
>> I should also note that I can send to the new e-mail address internally,
>> just not from the outside.
>>
>> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
>> > That's what I thought, but I receive the following when sending to the
>> > new
>> > e-mail address:
>> >
>> > Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
>> > newuseraddress@newdomain.com
>> > Remote-MTA: 192.168.8.17
>> >

>> > "tophre" <tophre@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
Raymond
6/17/2005 10:01:44 PM
Tried the edit as described and still the same error...

> See if this article helps:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323669
>

> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
>> That's what I thought, but I receive the following when sending to the
>> new e-mail address:
>>
>> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
>> newuseraddress@newdomain.com
>> Remote-MTA: 192.168.8.17
>>

>> "tophre" <tophre@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Recipient polices-email address policy.
>>>

>>> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message

0
Raymond

Functionality disabled in junk mail
I believe that disabling functionality in junk mail is extremely worthwhile. Unfortunately, if junk mail is moved to the deleted items folder, functionality is restored. This exposes us to the exact threat you are trying to avoid by disabling the functionality. I suggest that some flag be saved with mail identified as junk, and that flag be checked, and the user be given a warning before enabling functionality. Further, no flag or check is necessary if the user identifies the mail as not junk, or moves that mail to the inbox. Marvin ---------------- This post is a sugg...

Multi incoming e-mail
Hi, I have a problem I have 9 e-mail domains that are incoming mail to an exchange 2003 server, what I want to do is this ! @domain1.com will be the e-mail address I will use But I will accept mail to @domain2.com and @domain3..9.com and when I get e-mail to those domain I want to rename them to @domain1.com and insert them into the exchange store. Is there anyway to do this ? with out having to insert e-mail address for each domain for each user have many user and short live :-) Thanks In Advance Aegir Thordarson ...

Default mail account in Outlook 2000
I use Outlook 2000 to send and receive email from several different POP accounts. Sometimes I want to send emails from one account, while other times I want to send them from a different account. I know that Outlook allows you to change which account a message is sent from via the "File | Send Using" menu option. My problem is that I often forget to use that option and just click the "Send" button on the toolbar. This sends out the message using the Default POP account. After it has been sent I remember that I didn't use the "Send Using" option. My quest...

Multiple portfolios?
I am testing a trial version of Money 2004 before buying. I'd like to find out from someone if Money allows you to set up multiple portfolios with different investment accounts - all I've been able to do is all the accounts shown in one portfolio, which since there are different investment goals and time horizons is pretty meaningless. Also wonder if anyone knows if you can override the asset allocation tool and input your own allocation, specifically, different target allocations for each portfolio, and whether you can add additional asset classes. many thanks. Thanks for...

Multiple Contact lists?
I have Exchange 2003 running. It has 4 storage units each belongling to a different extern domains. Contacts are currently configure out of the box, so if you are connect to OWA on mail.xyz.com and you opened Contacts and did a search you would see everyone from mail.abc.com, mail.def.com, etc. I want to know how I can group the contact listes for each storage unit so that each groups can only seach themselves and not everyone else? Thanks Andrew Have a look at "How To Use Address Lists to Organize Recipients in Exchange 2003" http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319213#8 A...

Delete O/E
Hi all, I want to know if it is possible to delete outlook express, and after a re-boot, re-instal it; can it be done? Mine is O/E6, (the IE pckg) and I notice in the folder where I keep the ..exe, that there is no separate .exe primarily to instal O/E. I know I will have to export the wab file (where does that go btw?) Ed [Crosspost to OE General newsgroup] What problems are you having that you think "deleting" and then reinstalling OE might resolve, Eddie? -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Eddie wrote: ...

Opening Draft E-mail Outlook 2000
Outlook 2000, Windows XP Pro Outlook hung when two e-mails were open, they are both sttill in Drafts folder. But they cannot be opened, an unknown error is returned when opening. Where are the temp files relating to these e-mails stored? If I open them in wordpad I can copy the contents out. Any ideas? Cheers, Richard Thorneycroft IT Systems Support Husky Group Ltd (01455) 555 340 They are stored in your PST. You can try to export them to another format (File | Import and Export) but those messages are possibly corrupt. "RichardThorneycroft" <richard-deletethis-@huskypr...

Logging Sent and Received Internet Mail?
Hi, Could someone out there please tell me how to log all sent and received internet mail on my exchange 2003 server. Thanks! Turn tracking on. Go to the properties on the server in Exchange System Manager (or if you have a server policy go to the policy), check enable message tracking and subject logging (optional) and set a time limit for removing log files. If you need to keep the logging info longer make sure you implement a backup strategy for the server.log folder where the logs will be kept. Glen "DM SysOp" <DMSysOp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Training registration: how to pick multiple entries for one course
A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a training class. Now, we want to allow for multiple employees to be selected to register them at the same time for one class. Looking for examples, sample code, or even a basic layout of how to approach this change. Thank you in advance for your help, Dawn -- Dawn Bjork Buzbee On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:05:00 -0700, Dawn Bjork Buzbee <DawnBjorkBuzbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a >training class. Now, we want to allow for multip...

Graphics and attached file in e-mail activity / quick campaigns e-mails
Hi. We have migrated from Siebel to MS CRM 4.0. We are happy with the decision, but very disappointed by the default options on e-mails, especially e-mails in quick campaigns: - Graphics cannot be inserted, e.g. a company logo - A file, e.g. a PDF, cannot be attached Can anyone help with a workaround, or any tips on a third party add-on / tool that can expand the functionality in CRM? We have tried deferent workarounds: - Export the targets e-mail addresses to Excel. Design the e-mail in Word, and send the e-mails from Word via the Excel list merge. That solves the graphics issue, but...

Multiple Email Addresses
I have a contact with multiple email addresses (2 addresses). When I address an email message to this person, as I type in her name my automatic name lookup puts an email address in for her that isn't in my personal address book or contact list. It is a valid email address for her, but one that I don't want to use. I only want to pick from the 2 addresses that are in my personal address book and contact list. So, where is Outlook coming up with this 3rd address and how do I delete it so that Outlook doesn't use it anymore? OL doesn't look up to contacts for 'au...

failure to find an email address
I have one particular entry in my address that does not seem to work as an email address. When I specify the Contact's name as an email address, Outlook insists that it can't find the associated email address. Does anyone know why this might be? There are a couple hundred other email addresses in the same address book that work just fine so it just doesn't make any sense to me why this one doesn't. -- ---------- Richard Lewis Haggard Explain what you mean. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> wrote in m...

Adding multiple items in unordered data to match a target amount
I have 3 columns of data - invoiced amounts (A), banked amounts (B) and commission charged (C). A = B + C For each B, there is one C. However, there can be multiple items in A for one item of B + C. Further, the rules for how commission is charged varies by amounts sold; I cannot calculate C by reference to A or B (individually) with any level of accuracy. I'm therefore looking for a way of selecting 1 or multiple items in column B, adding them to 1 or multiple items in column C and tracing this to 1 or multiple items in column A. Help would be gratefully received. ...

RUS does not allow mail boxes to be opened
When creating new user/mail box in AD on our Exchange 2000 server, the RUS generates a smtp address, but when user logs on Outlook reports 'Unable to open your default e-mail folders, you do not have permission to logon'. We have checked ADSI and the setting 'msExchUsserAccountControl' has a value of 'not set'. If you change this to '0', then the mailbox can be opened. Why is RUS not setting this value? We have tried creating new RUS and recepient policy and this does not make any difference. The user has permission to open his own mailbox. We have tried ...

Display different outgoing mail domain
We have purchased a domain name that we would like to use for our email. ie we use Stargate as a mail provider, but we want our outgoing mail to show person@companydomain.com instead of person@stargate.net. You could do this in previous versions of Outlook (tell it how to display outgoing email address), but I can't figure out how to do this in 2002 Outlook. Does anyone know if this can be done? ...

Can't Click on Links in E-mail Messages
Starting today, whenever I click on a link in an e-mail message, the following box pops up: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact your system administrator. Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it so that I can click on links? -- Brett Hi Brett, The following Knowledge Base (KB) article addresses the issue that you are having. Please follow the steps outlined in this article and this should resolve your issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;307818 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE,...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. #3
I disabled this prompt always when it first started coming up and now, I need it again. Anyone know where I can reset it? You can't disable the prompt as an end user, so I'm baffled as to what you did and what you're now trying to do. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "connieh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d0101c47f27$61d33420$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I disabled this prompt alway...

Postmaster@domain.com messages get queued
I have a handful of domains that show up in my exchange queue that have messages that will not send. They all have some sort of error message like the following: "The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt." "Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS" "The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol event sink." The interesting thing is that almost all the messages are from "postmaster" and are destined for bizarre domains like TPNET.DL, MAIL.HQ.COM.AR etc. What exactly does this mean? They're likely replies to NDRs to ...

NDR in 2 Exchange Servers 2003 on 2 domains
Hi, 2 Exchange servers 2003. 2 domains. a.fr and b.fr. The Active Directory domain is xxx.local. Each domain is hosted on a distinct server, on the same Exchange organization. When an email arrives from outside the non delivery receipt is sent from postmaster@xxx.local. As almost every MTA now is checking if the 'from' belongs to a valid domain, this does not work. It is possible to change the NDR originator to postmaster@a.fr or postmaster@b.fr. But this is valid for the whole organisation. And I need the a.fr server to answer with postmaster@a.fr and the b.fr server answer from po...

Import List of Email Addresses from Access
Is there a way to populate a distribution list in Outlook from a table field in Access? Thanks in advance, Claudette ...

Email Addresses #2
When I type in the first few letters of an email address a drop down apears with four or five email address. They are all for the same person, but only 1 is correct. How do I get rid of the incorrect email address? I have gone to the custom dicsonary in outlook and erased the wrong one there, but not all of them are there and even the ones I erased still show up. Any help would be helpful. Thanks When you start to type the address and the wrong address appears on the list, use your arrow keys to highlight that wrong address, then press [DELETE]. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneN...

Sendinf personalised mails to a group using Outlook
Hi All, I would like to know how to send personalised mails to a group (keeping the groups in bcc) using outlook 2003/2007. Please share your thoughts. regards, Jaseel You have stated contradictory points. BCC does not "personalise" it just hides the recipient list. If you want to personalise, ie use data fields like first_name and last_name, you need to do a mailmerge to email. There are many posts here on how to do that. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "Jassy" <Jassy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

outlook 2003
Hi, I usually send mails from our shared mailbox using the "on behalf of..." option. How is it possible to move these mails to a different folder with a rule? I couldn't find any option or way to do this? Is there a solution? Thanks, Marton Take a look at UniSent application here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/unisent.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer "VilMarci" <dontsend@here.com> wrote in message news:ej$oteyHFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I usually send mails from our shared mailbox using the "on behalf of...&qu...

Address grabber?
In Outlook 2007, Half of my clicks to "add to address book" do not capture the E mail addresses that I want. I am tired of pasting. I would like Outlook to automatically grab all the new or sent E mail addresses and place them into my address book. You'll need to use an addin to capture all addresses you send messages to. See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.asp for a list of tools. How are you selecting the addresses you want added to outlook? It should work 100% of the time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.ne...

Run query or report from multiple tables
I have three tables: Equipment Instruments System Numbers Each record in the tables 'equipment' and 'instruments' has three lookup fields that link to fields to the 'system numbers' table.' How can I create a query or report that lists all records contained within the equipment and instruments tables that are linked to the system numbers table? On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:20:01 -0800, Sim <Sim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three tables: > >Equipment >Instruments >System Numbers > >Each record in the tables 'equipment'...