HIe,

I am running Exchnage 2003. My CEO has a conatct in our organisation that
refer to his blackberry contact. I have set the forwarding to also keep a
copy in his mailbox.

What happens is that three copies of his forwarded email hit his blackberry
account! Only one hits his internal mailbox.

What I ahve determined is that the front end Exchange server seems to be
creating the additional copies. Is this how its meant to be (don think so cos
its such a nuisance and my CEO keeps complaining about it).

How do I tell the front end server that this guy's mail server is the one
that will send the forwarded email and it should bother as its creating
havoc? What this also creates as a side effect is that his forwarded email
hit his blacberry before his internal mailbox (this is due to a slow link in
our network which if the fornt end server wasnt sending its own forwarded
copy of email wouldnt be happening).

Please help.
0
MacD (6)

Are you using Blackberry Enterprise Server, or is he using the desktop
forwarder? In any case, you should not need to set up a rule to forward mail
to his blackberry, the software will do the job.

"Mac D" <MacD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HIe,
>
> I am running Exchnage 2003. My CEO has a conatct in our organisation that
> refer to his blackberry contact. I have set the forwarding to also keep a
> copy in his mailbox.
>
> What happens is that three copies of his forwarded email hit his
> blackberry
> account! Only one hits his internal mailbox.
>
> What I ahve determined is that the front end Exchange server seems to be
> creating the additional copies. Is this how its meant to be (don think so
> cos
> its such a nuisance and my CEO keeps complaining about it).
>
> How do I tell the front end server that this guy's mail server is the one
> that will send the forwarded email and it should bother as its creating
> havoc? What this also creates as a side effect is that his forwarded email
> hit his blacberry before his internal mailbox (this is due to a slow link
> in
> our network which if the fornt end server wasnt sending its own forwarded
> copy of email wouldnt be happening).
>
> Please help.

0
missy5697 (66)
8/15/2006 5:28:14 PM
Hie Missy,

Maybe I shouldnt mention the Blackberry aspect as it may seem its an issue
associated with that. The multiple copies are generated for all forwarded
emails. I setup forwarding to my yahoo account and its doing the same thing.
My CIO has forwardinf to another email accoutn outside our organisation and
it does the same thing.

Looking at the Internet Headers information, it seems like the front end
server as soon as it recieves an email for an account with forwarding
enabled, it carries out the forwading instruction. And when the person's home
server receives the email, it also carries out the forwarding instruction
apparently oblivious to the fact that the front-end server has already
forwarded the email. Hence at least two (cos in some cases I get three copies
of the same email) copies are send to my forwarding address.

How does forwarding in Exchange work? Which server is meant to carry out the
forwarding instruction on an account?? My Exchnage "guru" internally argued
that the forwarding is only carried out when the email hits the person's home
server, where their mailbox is housed but based on my observation this isnt
the case. Please shed light on this for me.

Thank you in advance

"Missy Koslosky [MVP]" wrote:

> Are you using Blackberry Enterprise Server, or is he using the desktop
> forwarder? In any case, you should not need to set up a rule to forward mail
> to his blackberry, the software will do the job.
>
> "Mac D" <MacD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HIe,
> >
> > I am running Exchnage 2003. My CEO has a conatct in our organisation that
> > refer to his blackberry contact. I have set the forwarding to also keep a
> > copy in his mailbox.
> >
> > What happens is that three copies of his forwarded email hit his
> > blackberry
> > account! Only one hits his internal mailbox.
> >
> > What I ahve determined is that the front end Exchange server seems to be
> > creating the additional copies. Is this how its meant to be (don think so
> > cos
> > its such a nuisance and my CEO keeps complaining about it).
> >
> > How do I tell the front end server that this guy's mail server is the one
> > that will send the forwarded email and it should bother as its creating
> > havoc? What this also creates as a side effect is that his forwarded email
> > hit his blacberry before his internal mailbox (this is due to a slow link
> > in
> > our network which if the fornt end server wasnt sending its own forwarded
> > copy of email wouldnt be happening).
> >
> > Please help.

0
MacD (6)
8/16/2006 7:30:01 AM
Color me confused, Mac.

Let's start at the beginning - does your boss have forwarding rules set up
on both his private email and in Exchange? If so, that's definitely
problematic.

> [...]
>> > account! Only one hits his internal mailbox.
>> >
>> > What I ahve determined is that the front end Exchange server seems to
>> > be
>> > creating the additional copies. Is this how its meant to be (don think
>> > so
>> > cos
>> > its such a nuisance and my CEO keeps complaining about it).
>> >
>> > How do I tell the front end server that this guy's mail server is the
>> > one
>> > that will send the forwarded email and it should bother as its creating
>> > havoc? What this also creates as a side effect is that his forwarded
>> > email
>> > hit his blacberry before his internal mailbox (this is due to a slow
>> > link
>> > in
>> > our network which if the fornt end server wasnt sending its own

0
missy5697 (66)
8/21/2006 11:56:22 PM
let me see which paint and brush I should use  : - )

Sorry to reply after so long was on leave but my problem still persists and
so i will keep digging.

There is no forwarding set on his private mail (that would be via MS
Outlook). All forwarding has been set via the ADUC mmc on Exchange.

Just to recap the observed phenomenon:

1. My boss travels a lot and because we dont have OWA for users external to
our network, he uses a public email service (let not worry about whether its
yahoo blackerry gmail hotmail etc as they all behave the same and it means
the issue at hand is not related to the public email service).

2. I have created a contact for his public email service in my AD and set
forwarding of his mail to this account in Exchange.

3. I have selected to keep a copy of on the server so that when he comes
back he see all the mail in his Outlook.

4. What is strange is that he see multiple copies of mail that is forwarded
to him in his public email account.

5. The only exception to this case being when I, or anyone whose mailbox is
on the same Exchange server as him, sends him mail.

6. Otherwise all external mail and mail from other interal users, whose
mailboxes are resident on different servers to his, will generate multiple
copies of the same email in his forwarding email account.

7. I have the latest service pack SP2 for Exchange 2k3 on all the Exchange
servers as well as the latest OS service pack for Win2k3.

8. What I observed when analysing the Internet headers on his forwarded
emails is that it seems when an email is sent to him from say an external
user:

        i)  the front end server immediately sends a copy to his forwarding
email address
       ii)  The front end server at the same time sends a copy of the email
to his inbox on his home server.
      iii)  His home server then also sends a copy of this message to his
forwarding address as per the configuration set on his mailbox.
      iv) In some cases a third copy is also sent to his forwarding address
but I cant figure out where it will be coming from and I havent concretely
determined under what cicumstances this occurs.

My questions are:

1. Which server should act on the configured setting of forwarding email as
per the mailbox setting of "Forward email to this address and keep a copy
locally". Is it the front end server or his home server?

2. If its the front end server how does it tell his home server that its
already forwarded a copy and the home server shouldnt worry about doing
something thats already been done?

3. If its the home server that should send a copy how do I stop the frontend
server from being "nosey " and carrying out a function it shouldnt?

Long email I know. I need help and would really appreciate your assistance.

Thanking you in advance,

Mac D

"Missy Koslosky [MVP]" wrote:

> Color me confused, Mac.
>
> Let's start at the beginning - does your boss have forwarding rules set up
> on both his private email and in Exchange? If so, that's definitely
> problematic.
>
> "Mac D" <MacD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hie Missy,
> >
> > Maybe I shouldnt mention the Blackberry aspect as it may seem its an issue
> > associated with that. The multiple copies are generated for all forwarded
> > emails. I setup forwarding to my yahoo account and its doing the same
> > thing.
> > My CIO has forwardinf to another email accoutn outside our organisation
> > and
> > it does the same thing.
> >
> > Looking at the Internet Headers information, it seems like the front end
> > server as soon as it recieves an email for an account with forwarding
> > enabled, it carries out the forwading instruction. And when the person's
> > home
> > server receives the email, it also carries out the forwarding instruction
> > apparently oblivious to the fact that the front-end server has already
> > forwarded the email. Hence at least two (cos in some cases I get three
> > copies
> > of the same email) copies are send to my forwarding address.
> >
> > How does forwarding in Exchange work? Which server is meant to carry out
> > the
> > forwarding instruction on an account?? My Exchnage "guru" internally
> > argued
> > that the forwarding is only carried out when the email hits the person's
> > home
> > server, where their mailbox is housed but based on my observation this
> > isnt
> > the case. Please shed light on this for me.
> >
> > Thank you in advance
> >
> > "Missy Koslosky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you using Blackberry Enterprise Server, or is he using the desktop
> >> forwarder? In any case, you should not need to set up a rule to forward
> >> mail
> >> to his blackberry, the software will do the job.
> >>
> >> "Mac D" <MacD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MacD (6)

forward to smart host
i have exchange 2003 and i set the connector to forward to a smart host & restart the services .when i try to send email i can see in my FW that the exchange is still trying to send mail directly . what am i missing ? Jarom, What did you put in the smarthost box servername or ip address in square brackets ? Can you ping the smarthost from the Exchange server ? Regards Paul Ford "jarom" <jarom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43CEADB1-BE42-4492-A179-5F87945BDABD@microsoft.com... >i have exchange 2003 and i set the connector to forward to a smart ...

Rules will not forward to external SMTP email.
Hi, Since migrating to exchange 2003, we have found that we cannot use the outlook rules wizard to forward emails to an external address. The rule works fine if you forward mail to another mailbox internally, but if you select one of your contacts or type an external smtp address in directly, nothing ever leaves the exchange server. This is with Outlook 2000 SP3 any ideas? thanks Steve Davis I don't know E2003 yet (sigh) but in E2k you just need to enable autoforward to the Internet in Exchange System Manager. Davis wrote: > Hi, > > Since migrating to exchange 2003, we h...

Let client forward to private e-mail
Folks, in Outlook2002, if you configure Rules Wizard to forward incoming e-mails to your mymailbox@myorganization.com to your privateaccount@home.com, does that work fine even if the client is shut down ? If the rule is running to the server side, that should work regardless, right ? I have my helpdesk saying that they setup that on clients and that doesn't always work. Can you please tell me the implications of using this Rule Wizard forwarding method ? I have received requests from clients and I don't think I will afford this configuration from my side here - I would prefer to let ...

My exchange server forward to the wrong GC catalog
Hello We have a clustered Exchange 2003 SP1 (Windows 2003 no SP) env. I have installed a second Exchange 2003 SP2 cluster (windows 2003 SP1) for a migration. The problem with the new cluster is that it's forwarding clients to the wrong Domain controller in a other domain (same subnet). Then the outlook 2002 client has problems with resolving the correct addresslist en it show error " The bookmark is invalid. The client also cann't send e-mail. If i configure the Directory services in Exchange manually everything works fine. Who knows what the problems is? -- Mohamed Bo...

Download mail and forward to a public folder
Good morning, I need to download a POP3 external account and forward the mail downloaded to a public folder. I thought to use POP3 connector however how can i send mail to public folder? I tried to set internal Prova@net.local...if I use outlook to send mail it works. If I use pop3 connector it dosn't work. Why? Please...help me Thanks Claudio On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 10:52:46 +0200, "Burini Claudio" <Info@NoMail.com> wrote: >Good morning, > > I need to download a POP3 external account and forward the mail >downloaded to a public folder. I though...

Tax lots and purchase datesnot caried forward to new brokerage acc
I transferred all of my stocks from Broker A to a new account at Broker B, using the Transfer Out activity inside investment transactions. That works fine, except when I sell a tax lot at Broker B, the purchase date shows as the date the shares were transferred, not the date the shares were purchased at Broker A. Further, when I use the Capital Gains estimator, it uses the transfer date as the purchase date as well. In microsoft.public.money, Ric wrote: >I transferred all of my stocks from Broker A to a new account at Broker B, >using the Transfer Out activity inside investment ...

Exch5.5 Forward to other email Server
I received the next question to help somone. He has Exchange 5.5 +SP4 english. He is moving a 1 email account "Pepito" from Public (internet-Intranet) server1 (domain ABC.com ) with Exchange 5.5 to another SMTP server2 (domain ABC2.com) ( I do not Know what server) . Then He need to receive all email for "Pepito" and forward to his real account in Server2. He is trying to do with "IMS". But coul not receive any email in his receipt in Server2. But can send email trougth Server2---> Server1. I am not expert in Exchange and Find http://www.msexchange.org/faq...

Hotmail forward to Outlook XP?
I have seen some 3rd party apps that allow hotmail mail messages to be forwarded to my Outlook XP inbox. Anyone know of a free app or low cost shareware app? TIA, ~N~ http://www.google.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ~~Nightcrawler~~ asked: | I have seen some 3rd party apps that allow hotmail mail messages to be | forwarded to my Outlook XP inbox. Anyone know of a free app or low | cost shareware app? | | TI...

have all email for a domain forward to one email address
I have one domain.com that i use for all users. I want to set up another domain2.com and domain3.com and have all emails sent to anyone at that domain2.com or domain3.com be forwarded to one users mailbox the main domain.com. Is this possible? How would I set that up? How to create a "catchall" mailbox sink for Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324021 Also look at 3rd party utils if the above doesn't work. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <chaim@mi...

Forward to multiple e-mail addresses
Hello, I am trying to forward one e-mail address to two external e-mail addresses. Example: If a message comes in for bob@mydomain.com I would like to forward it to bob@gmail.com and bob@yahoo.com. Thanks, Danny "Dannyb" <dannyb@alianza.com> wrote in message news:OKwJ18%23DGHA.2292@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, I am trying to forward one e-mail address to two external e-mail > addresses. Example: If a message comes in for bob@mydomain.com I would > like to forward it to bob@gmail.com and bob@yahoo.com. Thanks, > Danny > Create the two contacts...

Can't forward to Multiple recipients after deleting ebk.chk after restore
I am having a problem after i delete the ebk.chk file after my exchange 5.5 server went down. What i did was, i delete ebk.chk file because the Information system store services would not start. After moving the ebk.chk files out services start to work again. I got everything up and running except forwarding to mulitple people with attachments. The message that i get is "System Administrator, None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient" Any help with this will be greatly appreciate it ...

forward to a shared contact
is it possible to foward a message to a shared contact. i can send a new message to a shared contact but i have not been able to figure out how to "foward" to a shared contact The Forward button doesn't work on your machine?=20 I'm not sure what a shared contact has to do with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 ...

Carry Forward Totals
I have 12 input worksheets - One for every month I have another 13 worksheets on these, the values from the 1st 12 is broken down to give totals for our 15 locations and the final is ytd totals for all. The problem occurs on the YTD sheet. For example, all the information was input in the January worksheet and carried forward to the Branch sheet and the YTD sheet as entered. The balancing of the spreadsheets did not occur until February 5 and by that time, data had been entered on the Feb sheet and carried forward to the YTD Sheet. I tried this on the YTD worksheet but doesn't wor...

How do I "cc" or forward to someone without inviting them?
I want to let people know about a meeting without inviting them. How do I "cc" or foward an invitation to someone without inviting them to the meeting? Thanks. Hi gianellim you could forward the calendar item as Icalendar: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040824.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Win7, Office 2010 Ready): Public ShareFolder Synchronize Outlook between PC and Notebook: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "gianellim" <gianellim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8BE0E4...

Forward to outside email address
We have Exchange 2000 SP3 and W2000 SP3. We would like to set up a mailbox for a user who is rarely in the office, so we need to forward all incoming mails to his Hotmail address. I can't set up the forwarding because the Hotmail address is not on our system, and I can't add it to the system because Hotmail is not our domain. Is there any way of doing this? See this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Brian" <bxxcfilm@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message...

--->> Outlook 2003 inbox forward to another inbox
I am travelling to another city for three weeks on business and will have connectivity to my office Outlook/Exchange client while there. In an effort to not miss any email to my home Outlook 2003 client, I wanted to forward 100% of that inbox's email to my work address but did not know of a simple way to do that. I am not running Exchange at home. Any suggestions ? Assuming you have a POP3 account at home, the simplest solution would probably be to add this account to your Office Outlook client and set the POP3 service to "Leave a copy of messages on the server". All your ho...

Using OWA 2003
Using Windows/Exchange 2003 OWA configured as FE/BE, users get "You might not have the permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied" - "HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer", when attempting to reply or forward a message within a Public Folder. Have applied hotfix 817809 and everything is working great with the Outlook client. With Outlook client, users are able to reply and/or forward messages (IPM.Note) from the same Public Folders they are having issues with while using OWA. For messages that are posted to the Public Folder (IPM....

Forward to outside domain exchange server
Hi all, Is this possible? We are acquiring a company. We would like to have their MX record point to our Exchange box. Emails going to this company's email will hit our Exchange box and get forwarded to their mail server. We are also creating new email addresses for these users. Any emails going to these addresses will stay on our Exchange servers. Any ideas? Thanks, On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:01:27 -0800, Donald <Donald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is this possible? We are acquiring a company. We would like to have their >MX record point to...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

Out of Office agent -> forward to external e-mail adress ?
hello NG, i cant seem to get the agent to forward mails to an e-mail address outside the internal domain, neither by typing the address in the field or by adding the address in my local address book and adding the name in the field. is this a "feature" in outlook or is forwarding somehow considered mail-relaying and blocked ? It is a security feature in Exchange. By default all automatic fowarding and replying is disabled. Contact your administrator about the possibilities to turn of this security feature. For more info on how you can do this see; http://www.howto-outlook.co...

Forward to another domain
Hi, Is there any safe and secure way from within Exhange, not Outlook, to forward all emails coming into a particular maibox to say a yahoo.com account? Thanks, Peter Sure. In ADUC, right-click account and in Exchange tasks specify Alternate Recipient. Or, if you have E55 or earlier, do this from Exch Admin prog. Peter Kaufman wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any safe and secure way from within Exhange, not Outlook, to > forward all emails coming into a particular maibox to say a yahoo.com > account? > > Thanks, > > Peter -- Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm...

Forward to unresolved recepients....
I am following the instructions below on my SBS2003 server. The instructions say to un-check "this exchange server is responsible for all mail delivery to this domain" in the default policy, and then put the FQDN of your second mail server in the SMTP settings.. The moment I uncheck "this exchange....." it will start saying that it can't relay for anyone on that domain..... Kind of a catch 22.... what am I missing? In all seriousness, whoever can help me get this figured out can invoice me 50 bucks for the help as my regular tech consultant doesn't know exchan...

Looking forward to working with you all!
I am excited to be working with all of you! -- wgm007 And you would be??? But welcome in any case. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:34:04 +0000, wgm007 <wgm007.20a75bf@excelbanter.com> wrote: > >I am excited to be working with all of you! > And you would be??? Double - O - Seven ... James Bond (re OP's moniker) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- Good point "M" Gord On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:54:46 +0800, "Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote: >> And you would be??? >Double -...

Using Actions>Forward to send a contact mangles the attachment.
I have Outlook 2003 attached to Exchange 2003. When I try to forward a contact the attachment shows up at the recipient the only data that appears is whatever happens to be in the notes field of the contact. I have noticed no other anomalies. All of my searches on the Internet have been fruitless. I am not even sure how to phrase a search to find what I am looking for. Thanks, -Dave When you forward a contact that way you're sending it as an msg file which requires that the recipient also have Outlook to read it. You'd be better off exporting the contact to a VCard file and sen...

forward to blackberry
where in exchange do i put a forward addres for blackberrys. Not sure if its in exchange are the clinent. and also is there any other way to sync task cal and stuff with out having to use blackberry enterprise server. you should be able to use the destop redirector software on the client's PC to handle this... "AA" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message news:us04WDvDFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > where in exchange do i put a forward addres for blackberrys. Not sure if > its in exchange are the clinent. and also is there any other way to sync > task ...