Multi Language Support for OWA 2k3

I have one Japanese support staff member here who when trying to use our
western language based OWA server get's the message "Message cannot be sent
because the code page for this language cannot be found on the server. Please
contact the server administrator". I am having trouble locating any info for
Exch2k3 Japanese language support. I would appreciate if anyone could point
me in the right direction.

Thanks!
0
Troyfin (1)

"Troyfin" <Troyfin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have one Japanese support staff member here who when trying to use our
>western language based OWA server get's the message "Message cannot be sent
>because the code page for this language cannot be found on the server. Please
>contact the server administrator". I am having trouble locating any info for
>Exch2k3 Japanese language support. I would appreciate if anyone could point
>me in the right direction.

Try the Release Notes. :) IIRC this is one of the first things
mentioned.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--
zoeythecat

Has anyone found a solution to this?  I am having the same issue with
one Japenese student.  When we upgraded to Exchange2003, when he tries
to send an email from OWA he can't, he gets the same message Troyfin
documents.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I'm not sure how to find a
resolution through the release notes? Where is this documented in the
release notes?
Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote:
> *"Troyfin" <Troyfin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have one Japanese support staff member here who when trying to use
> our
> >western language based OWA server get's the message "Message cannot
> be sent
> >because the code page for this language cannot be found on the
> server. Please
> >contact the server administrator". I am having trouble locating any
> info for
> >Exch2k3 Japanese language support. I would appreciate if anyone
> could point
> >me in the right direction.
>
> Try the Release Notes. :) IIRC this is one of the first things
> mentioned.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com *

--
zoeythecat

Rich,

Please disregard my last post.  You were absolutely right.  This wa
noted in the release notes specifically stating that Japanese user
will not be able to save or send emails unless the East Asian Languag
Pack is installed from Control Panel, Regional Settings.

Thanks for the post.  I never would have thought to check the releas
notes.  You would also think Microsoft would post this somewhere i
their knowledgebase.

Take care!
zoeythecat wrote:
> *Has anyone found a solution to this?  I am having the same issu
> with one Japenese student.  When we upgraded to Exchange2003, when h
> tries to send an email from OWA he can't, he gets the same messag
> Troyfin documents.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I'm not sure how to find
> resolution through the release notes? Where is this documented in th
> release notes?

-
zoeytheca

zoeythecat <zoeythecat.1tvpl5@mail.webservertalk.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>Thanks for the post.  I never would have thought to check the release
>notes.  You would also think Microsoft would post this somewhere in
>their knowledgebase.

And they'd have thought you'd have read those Release Notes! :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

OWA not retaining messages
I have one user on the exchange server that is not retaining his inbox messages in OWA, all other users work properly. Here is the issue: Inbox and Contacts do not display in OWA. Inbox and Contacts do show up in Outlook 2003. Outbox does display deleted messages. It appears to be some sort of corruption. What steps should I take to troubleshoot this? Views http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817203/en-us "Bms Jeff" <jeffschnitker@juno.com> wrote in message news:uJvqPcteHHA.4188@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have one user on the exchange server that is not retaining h...

PPT Language Check
Hello, I would like to know how I can set the whole document and all its circles with text and smart shapre hierachies to ENGLISH. So far I have to mark each text item individually and clicking on Toolbar - Review - Language - ENGLISH - [Default] did not help either. I am using PPT 2007. When you create a presentation, PPT picks up its language settings from your keyboard. There's no way to just tell PPT to make all text <whatever language> after it's created. You'd have to use code. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245468 (I don't know if this will work f...

Norwegian: Available language?
Anyone know if CRM3 will be available in Norwegian, and if so, when? -- _________________ Rolf @ Questus ans The norwegian version will be released around the 1st of march 2006. All estimated dates: english 12-1-2005 french 1-1-2006 german 1-1-2006 russian 1-1-2006 dutch 1-1-2006 spanish 2-1-2006 danish 2-1-2006 brazilian portuguese 2-1-2006 italian 2-1-2006 polish 3-1-2006 swedish 3-1-2006 hungarian 3-1-2006 czech 3-1-2006 turkish 3-1-2006 norwegian 3-1-2006 greek 4-1-2006 finnish 4-1-2006 portuguese (iberian) 4-1-2006 chinese traditional 5-1-2006 chinese simplified 5-1-2006 japanese 7-...

CRM 4 cannot activate Language pack activation after upgrade
Hi folks!! I have an important migration to work on, basically driven because of the need of the language pack, but after upgrading from 3 to 4, I cannot activate the language pack. They install without error, but no way to activate them. I am almosr certain it may be related to the fact that many of the different entities may have found themsleves modified and some "default" field removed (as some other post mentionned), but just in case, I am posting this request for help. I am goign to embark in trying to work around this by doing (in lab of course) many steps to see if it will...

installing OWA failure
When I try to install OWA.I get the following errors Outlook Web Access failed t install properly The system cannot find the file specified. id no 0XC0020002 Note I've reapplied NT 4.0 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 SP4 Any suggestions Try an Exchange server NG but provide more detail as to what you've done....there's no installation on the client side, so I presume you're talking about trying to install OWA from the Exchange CD on the server. Richard Winters wrote: > When I try to install OWA.I get the following errors > Outlook Web Access failed t install properly > The ...

Problems w/ Outlook 2k3 and Offline storage of messages
A little background: We are utilizing Outlook2k3 (fully patched) on Windows XP Pro (also patched) in an Exchange 2000 environment. All systems are NTFS, file size of the .OST files are less than 1 GB. Various users are beginning to have problems with viewing their messages when not connected to the network (ie- laptop users traveling). It is not directly consistent, as to the extent/date that messages go back, amongst all these users when the systems are offline. When attached to the network (online) all messages are viewable. I have renamed the .ost files and allowed new ones to be rec...

Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se
Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in the cd? Yes it will work and you can use the drivers provided my Microsoft. "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9146817C-4E6E-4584-8AEA-DDC12D99BB44@microsoft.com... > Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use > the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in > the > cd? but the one i have is a usb interface, the opos driver fro...

was support dropped for symchk "/oc" option??
Back on 4/17 there was a post by Jeff Partch which described a way to download debug symbols using symchk and then (I think) copy the *.pdb files to another directory where the VS 6 debugger could use them. http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.vc.mfc&mid=9a42f033-2cce-4577-9034-7f3768bceab8 I tried to follow the procedure described in this post but ran into problems with the Debugging Tools for Windows command symchk %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /oc %systemroot%\Symbols\Dll2 The symchk that I got when I installed (yesterday) the Debugging Tools for Windo...

multi criteria code
hello every one I have this code from Northwind sample. Private Sub ReviewProducts_Click() ' This code created in part by Command Button Wizard. On Error GoTo Err_ReviewProducts_Click Dim strMsg As String, strTitle As String Dim intStyle As Integer Dim strDocName As String, strLinkCriteria As String ' If CompanyName control is blank, display a message. If IsNull(Me![CompanyName]) Then strMsg = "Move to the supplier record whose products you want to see, then press the Review Products button again." intStyle = vbOKOnly strTitle ...

Problem with getting warning banner message working in OWA
We are using Exchange 2003 with a front-end & back-end server setup and using forms based authentication. Has anyone successfully implemented a Warning banner for OWA that users have to click the OK button before getting to the login page? I have tried out the steps provided at http://www.somorita.com/E2K324seven/Ch21-OWA-WarningBanner.doc but the warning banner still doesn't show up. Would greatly appreciate if anyone has implemented could provide any information to get this working. Thanks in advance. Mark While you are looking at the logon page in IE, use the View/Source...

Viewing OWA message problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C3E268.57120220 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'm having the following problem. I'm using my Windows XP computer to = access my OWA account in Exchange Server 5.5. The account lets me log in OK, but when I click on a message only the = header information is displayed (i.e. From, To, Subject, Sent and = Importance fields). The message body doesn't appear. I've accessed the = server before, but can't now. Can someone le...

Multi User Issue's
Access 2003 Split database No Security Front end (Fe) and Back end (Be) are in the same directory on the server "SHORT CUT" to fe on each (2) workstation Opening the DB on each of the 2 workstations does work HOWEVER if it I already open on one workstation it will NOT OPEN on the other workstation. I have tried: STARTING on BOTH workstations - Same results Tried the same set up with an XP server and a win2000 server - Same results Checked to be sure opening mode is "shared" This is my first attempt at a multi user configuration for Access. I called a buddy of mine who...

OWA on a MAC
I have a user who uses a MAC at home and is trying to access his company email through OWA. He reports that he is unable to reply to any email. Any suggestions, short of dumping the MAC? A lot more info would help - as would posting to a more relevant newsgroup, such as m.p.exchange.clients. OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook.....if you post there, include any relevant details (Mac OS version, what browser, what errors, any popup blockers in place, version of Exchange, etc) J Michel wrote: > I have a user who uses a MAC at home and is trying to > access his company email through...

OWA / Windows XP SP2 / IE 6 SP2
We have come across an issue in our environment using OWA on a windows xp sp2 box. A script error occurs when, within OWA, you create a new message, click the "To" button, find a user from the GAL, and then after highlighting the user, click the "Properties" button on the bottom of the find screen. The script error is: "Object doesn't support this property or method". I also get this error using IE on Windows Server 2003 SP1. I do not get this error on Windows XP SP1, Windows XP SP2 with IE 7 beta. Has anyone come across this error, and found a soluti...

Strange message in Windows XP Help & Support
Please see the Outlook Express header which follows my signature. My query is that when you open the message instead of seeing the message in the message source ( not included below ) you see the last Outlook Express message you opened. I am wondering whether this is malware or some corruption in Outlook Express. As it only occurs with this particular newsgroup message I suspect malware. I do not generally get malware. Two infections in 12 years. I have not read of a similar experience. Has anyone else encountered it? TIA -- Gerry ~~~~ FCA Stourport, England E...

File opens in another language
When I open a file, it comes up in Greek.The sender created the attachment and it was fine. The sender used Miccrosoft Outlook.Please help Is it in Greek (as in you recognize the Greek language) or is it that the file contains "jibberish"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Louisq" <Louisq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:841ACB56-EF2E-4D06-B76B-656B959DB761@microsoft.com... > When I open a file, it comes up in Greek.The sender created the attachment >...

Besides publisher, what supports .pub files?
No, we don't have Microsoft Publisher. We have a publishing deadline and someone sent us an ad in .pub format. We don't have time for Microsoft to send us a free trial CD. Does anything on earth read .pub files, or do we have to go back to the advertiser and ask for a new file format? Paul Klinkman wrote: > We don't have time for Microsoft to send us a > free trial CD. Does anything on earth read .pub files, ================================== Other than MS Publisher? No. ================================== > or do we have to go back to the advertiser > and ask f...

OWA logon error #2
hello i am using exchange 2003 on server 2003 behind ISA 2004 i am trying to use OWA when i use the URL of the server in web browser i get a login prompt, after entering credentials i recieve Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The resource cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested ...

Re: Language packs for Office 2008
On 2/1/08 7:44 AM, in article ee882f0.8@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "MARCIN" <MARCIN> wrote: > IM RUDE CAUSE I'VE JUST LOST 130 EURO, PURELY CAUSE MS DID'NT ADD PROPER > INFORMATION ON BOX/IN APPLE SHOP. > > IF CAPITAL ARE MORE DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO READ, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR OPTICIAN > (OR PSYCHIATRIST.) This is what will get you on a kill list. We're volunteers that provide help. No one deserves your wrath. Poink! -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Hel...

Anyone know what diff 'languages' of resources makes?
I am using VC++ 5 (Visual Studio 97). I notice that if you look at the Properties for any resource they all have a Language setting. As things have evolved, I use 'English (U.K.)' for all resources (icons, dialogs, menus, etc) except String Tables, all of which are 'English (U.S.)'. I notice that you can set a Language in the Resources tab of the Project Settings dialog. I always use 'Engish (United Kingdom)' for this. I used to think that the language of a resource was just a resource compiler directive thing (do they get compiled in or not) and some of the ...

Re: Japanese Language Tool
I'll add that it can be done quite easily in Windows 7 Ultimate. I have no idea which Operating System you're using. Nancy ------------------------------------------------------------------ "Nancy Jackman" wrote in message news:... It can be done. I have it in Windows 7. Someone will give you the hand-holding details. Nancy "Karen Gaudoin" wrote in message news:550D058D-CF35-4E6C-AAC2-DD8F3E346C3E@microsoft.com... I can send messages in Japanese type, but I can't receive in type, it comes through as symbols. The headings of the le...

OWA FE Broken after Exchange 2003 SP2
We have Exchange 2003 here is a cluster, 2 Active and 1 Passive server. Also we have a Front-End Server. All servers have the same config "Windows 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1" till this point everything is working fine. After installing Exchange 2003 SP2 as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=328839 my Front-End OWA does not work internally or externally. The Error I get is The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Ser...

Installation Error: Non-supported application pool identity
SBS2003 Premium HI, I am trying to install CRM 3.0 and I cannot get the Sql Reporting Services to work. I receive the following error: "The Web site for installing SQL Server Reporting Services {0} uses an Application Pool of non-supported identity. Supported identity is Network Service." All the application pools in IIS 6.0 have been changed to Network Service (all were xcept for the Exchange app pools - I changed these). Yet I am still getting this error. What else can I try? I was wondering if my web.config file could be to blame, but I cannot be sure. Thanks! Jason Ha...

Wireless Support for Outlook client
Can anyone confirm weather or not Microsoft specifically supports connecting to CRM using the outlook client in either on-line or offline mode? I'm trying to find written documentation on this and haven't so far. Thanks. Don Do you mean that Microsoft CRM offers an offline capability? If so, yes, it offers both online and offline capability. Depending on your networking setup, Microsoft CRM Outlook client can connect to your CRM Server via wireless or VPN, etc.. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm &qu...

++++ SUPPORT FOR HEXADECIMAL DATA IN EXCEL +++++
Hi, ++++ SUPPORT FOR HEXADECIMAL DATA IN EXCEL +++++ This is currently limited to a couple of functions to change to and from hex. The programmers in MS (along with thousands of engineers worldwide) would surely benefit if excel could natively support hex numbers. At the very least, could the HEX2DEC function be altered to do automatic sign extension? We (global org, 100,000+ employees) are finding ourselves creating macro's to take in a 16-bit hex no, discover if it is signed, and then pad it out to move the sign up to bit 40. This is surely more messy than it has to be - doe...