MSExchangeFBPublish event id 8213 Word Docs open slow.

I am geting a ton of these erros on my exchange server. I am also getting a
few others  that I will copy down here. The problem my users are having is
when they open Word documents from a recieved email. Word can take up to 2
minutes to open. It doesn't seem to effect any other attachments excel sheets
and power point attachments open fine. The word documents are less than 100k
so it is not a size issue.

Any suggestions ?

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeFBPublish
Event Category:	(1)
Event ID:	8213
Date:		10/18/2006
Time:		8:33:23 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	MAIL
The description for Event ID ( 8213 ) in Source ( MSExchangeFBPublish )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see
Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
MAIL, 0x80090005.

Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	MSExchangeIS Public Store
Event Category:	(6)
Event ID:	1221
Date:		10/18/2006
Time:		3:14:16 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	MAIL
The description for Event ID ( 1221 ) in Source ( MSExchangeIS Public Store
) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see
Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
2, First Storage Group\Public Information Store (MAIL).

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
Event Category:	(6)
Event ID:	9548
Date:		10/17/2006
Time:		1:11:24 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	MAIL
The description for Event ID ( 9548 ) in Source ( MSExchangeIS ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
/o=MHSCC/ou=MHSCCDOM/cn=Recipients/cn=mwallace.

0
Cranium (2)

Were did you pull these event log entries?  Are you using a remote machine
that doesn't have the Exchange Management Tools installed?

Regarding the 8213, have you checked any of the suggestions here:
http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=8213&eventno=862&source=MSExchangeFBPublish&phase=1

The 1221 is normal.

The 9548 is a pretty common result of a migration that had a few problems.
See this:
http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9548&eventno=802&source=MSExchangeIS&phase=1
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Cranium" <Cranium@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> event:
> 2, First Storage Group\Public Information Store (MAIL).
>

> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
> Event Category: (6)
> Event ID: 9548
> Date: 10/17/2006
> Time: 1:11:24 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: MAIL
> The description for Event ID ( 9548 ) in Source ( MSExchangeIS ) cannot be
> found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information
> or
> message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
> able
> to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
> Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
> /o=MHSCC/ou=MHSCCDOM/cn=Recipients/cn=mwallace.

curspice6401 (3487)
10/19/2006 4:52:27 AM
Ok...

When I go to First Administrators Group and right click I do not have a
"Modify" option.

There is also a red dot indicating an error with the First Administrators
Group but everyone seems to be getting their email. I checked the reg entry
for MSExchangeFBPublish and it looked like had been modified so I corrected
it, but it doesn't seem to have helped. I am now getting the error less
frequently than before but it is still popping up. Most of the information I
find for the error on Microsoft’s support site almost always refers to win
2000 domain and we are running win 2003 sp1 and Exchange 2003.

Anyone else seen this?

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> > event:
> > 2, First Storage Group\Public Information Store (MAIL).
> >

> > Event Type: Warning
> > Event Source: MSExchangeIS
> > Event Category: (6)
> > Event ID: 9548
> > Date: 10/17/2006
> > Time: 1:11:24 PM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: MAIL
> > The description for Event ID ( 9548 ) in Source ( MSExchangeIS ) cannot be
> > found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information
> > or
> > message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
> > able
> > to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
> > Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
> > /o=MHSCC/ou=MHSCCDOM/cn=Recipients/cn=mwallace.

Matrix view slow to open
Hi, has anyone come across the matrix view been slow to open when editing or creating new matrix items? We've recently upgraded a customer to RMS Ver 2, and they've noticed a significant lag compared to the old version. Cheers are you at SP2 level, one of the hotfixes in there helped allot? "Boggie" <Boggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B254EEF3-3C4D-47C2-8A0C-4914A68E6D44@microsoft.com... > Hi, has anyone come across the matrix view been slow to open when editing > or > creating new matrix items? We've recently upgraded a custome...

Opening/editing/saving excel file
I am using Access/Excel 2003 and I'm trying to open a file called Quad_Charts_Template.xls from my C drive, dump some data on one of the sheets, make a couple changes and save it with a specific name. This is the code I have to choose my record sorce: Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("qry_Avg_Age_Trend_Source_Data") The worksheet is called "AAT_Raw_Data", which will always be the 1st sheet and I want to copy the data from rst onto the sheet starting at A1. I also want to bold the header row and set the auto filter as active. And finally I want to sav...

slow in the morning
In the morning the machine is very slow. Win XP Prof SP3. E.g., Word takes over a minute to come up. Long time to make various windows. Reboot and things are fine. During the night, BitDefender does a virus check, Webroot Spysweeper runs, and WSFTP runs automatically uploading files. In the morning I check the reports from Bitdefender etc and close them. I checked EventViewer. 12:21 AM The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchro...

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...

Slow when closing a form
Environment: 1. Front-End - MS Access 2003 2. Back-End - SQL Server 2005 3. OS - Windows XP I cannot understand why it takes a 5-7 seconds to close our Invoice form. The Invoice form has several data components in it that retrieves data. The code in the "Done" button of the form perform the following: a. Me.Requery b. Check other loaded forms "IsLoaded()" c. DoCmd.Close The form has also a code in the "Close" event which only checks for loaded forms again "IsLoaded()". Thanks, Ben "Ben" <pillars4@sbcglobal.net> wr...

Works won't open in Word
On some computers in our environment I can simply right click on a works document and do an open w/ word and the document will come right up. On most I can't though. We are using Office XP 2002, and should all be on the same patch level. Was there an update to office or a setting that needs to be set to make this work on all machines? Do the PCs on which you can't do this have the appropriate Works filter installed? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word ...

Extremely Slow to Delete E-mails (and Marks as Read/Unread)
Hi, I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 (on my MacBook Pro via Parallels). After installing, I imported the PST file from the version of Outlook on my old computer. Everything worked great at first, but for no obvious reason Outlook has begun really, really dragging (5-10 seconds for actions to be completed) when I attempt to delete e-mails and mark e-mails as read/unread. This is definitely not a computer hardware issue as this is a new and extremely fast computer. This lagtime is becoming unbearable and is resulting in it taking me nearly twice as long to get t...

Outlook and Word
I just had to reinstall Office XP and know, when I open Outlook a blank MS Word page come onto the screen. When I delete the page The Outlook screen is there. I uninstalled the office xp and reinstalled the program and the same thing happens. Is there any way I can get rid of this annoying problem Thanks in advance Tom Whalen ...

Hyperlinks have stopped opening in emails I receive
Have loaded new antivirus software having deleted older version and since then I can not open any links that are included in emails What happens when you try? If you get an error about restrictions in effect, this is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

2003 Keeps the default workbook open
When I start Excel, it starts up with a blank workbook. If I immediately open a saved file, it closes the blank workbook... All good... except mine has stopped closing the blank one. So I always end up with 2 workbooks open, the one I opened and a blank one that I'm not interested in! Is this a setting? if so where? Can I fix it? thanks... M Did you or someone create a default workbook (ie, Book.xltx or Book.xltm) and save it in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART"? On 5/9/2010 4:17 AM, Michelle wrote: > When I start...

slow moving larger items between folders...
hello, i'm on exchange 5.5 and there are about 20 or so fairly large mail boxes. When moving messages containing attachments between folders in my mailbox, it takes ages! It takes about a minute to move a message of about 250k. It never used to be like this. I'm fairly sure this is a recent development. Any ideas as to why this has happened and how to solve it? Thanks Batfastad ...

Event 5895 Error: Can't clean up the following tables: Activity
I have CRM 1.2 and I have applied rollup 2, but it didn't fix this problem. Any suggestions? Thank you very much. When I do the crmdeletionservice.exe -runonce, it gives med 3 possiblities. Usage. -Install -Remove -Console But I can se in the eventviewer that it is the activity table which is the problem. My only problem is that I don't know how to use the Query Analyzer. Thanks for you answer, I'm sure thats the sollution. Br Steen Hey again I didn't know it was that simple to use the query analyzer :-) I did just as you write in your guide, and it worked perfec...

Named as rlbook1, re-open? How?
....during library internet sesion this occurred. I don't understand your question. Please put the entire question in the body of the message. It's rather cryptic now. "rlscreen001" <rlscreen001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577EA294-53D3-4D94-A042-7CB9C58B7F64@microsoft.com... > ...during library internet sesion this occurred. ...

When launching Excel 2007 the VB debuger always opens
I am testing Excel 2007 Beta 2 on two computers. On one of them, XP SP2 there is no problem. On the other, 2003 Server SP1, each time I open Excel a VB window opens up, with a message that says "Compile error: Cant find project or library." If I close that window I get a message saying that the debugger will stop. If I close that, Excel reacts normally. Any suggestions? Thanks ccoates@gfs.com Hi Chris, Do you have any templates loading on the second computer? Any add-ins? What is shown in VB itself when you see the error message? Which module are you in? This sounds like...

Save word 2003
I run windows XP with word 2003. I recently performed a system reset with some back up software. After which word 2003 wouldn't save any documents. There is 2G of memory left on the C drive so it's not lack of space. I've read other strings about this but can't find a solution, a previous string talked about removing "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)" but I don't have this in my list of updates (this advice was from 2006 though?) Any help greatly appreciated. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then repair Office 20...

How do I write in both columns when I format my word document?
I am typing a document in word and I need two columns formatted with text in both. I am only able to write in the left column and cannot type in right column. Please help. With "newspaper" type columns, you need to insert a column break to move from the first to the second column. (Page Layout tab>Breaks in Page Setup section of Ribbon>Column) If you want to switch backwards and forwards, maybe you should be using a two column table instead. If you go this route, insert new rows every now and then as exceptionally long rows (spanning pages) can be a bit of an...

Access 97 to Word 97- Memo Fields truncating
When I convert a Access 97 report to Word 97, some of the memo fields truncate in Word. It does not matter the size of the data in the memo field. Sometimes the data is a only a few sentices, other times a large paragraph. Other times a very large paragraph will come accross fully intacted. Thanks. Laurie wrote: -------------------- | Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message | From: "Laurie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> | Sender: "Laurie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> | Subject: Access 97 to Word 97- Memo Fields truncating | Date:...

How to open new excel file in new window by default?
Hello, Could anyone help? How to open new excel file in new window by default? it opens in the last window on the screen as of now. Bests Jayesh When I open a workbook (or create a new workbook) it is opened in its own new window in addition to whatever I have open at the time. Each open workbook has its own window. You can select which workbook to work with in Excel 2007 by View/Switch Windows and selecting the workbook you want. I believe in Excel 2003, it is Window/List of Windows to do the same thing. You can also cycle through your currently open workbooks by pressing Ctrl+F6. ...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

How to increase the size of the icons in the ribbon in Word 2007
How can I increase the size of the icons in the ribbon in Word 2007, my eyes don't work so well anymore. Thanks, rbk I belive you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows in order to get bigger icons. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "rleebk" <rleebk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469248CA-96AE-47E4-9EA0-ABC5BB336373@microsoft.com... > How can I increase the size of the icons in the ribbon in Word 2007, my > eyes > don't work so well anymore. > Thanks, rbk ...

Copy and Paste text to Word
I have a large spreadsheet of data. There are no values or formulas. I need to cut and past this into word in a way that shows the paste only as text - normally it has an outline of the cells. Reason is that I need to save this as a .txt file for an upload to another system. Thanks in advance (again) > way that shows the paste only as text In Word, try: Edit > Paste special > Unformatted Text -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "AndrewS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> >I have a large spr...

Desktop shortcut opens app but will not open file
When one of my users clicks on a desktop shortcut (MS Excel), the program opens but the file will not. The user can open the file directly by going into Excel and clicking open , file, etc. Thanks, Glen This are the usual things to fix this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space be...

Slow Login #2
I am having issues with a machine which does not host the Store Operations DB being slow to sign in. When the cashier signs in it thinks for about 10 seconds then lets you in to POS. They are on a 100mb network but suspect it is a comms issue backto thw SO. ...

Outlook Express won't open and can't access newsgroups from Outlook Office 2003
I do not understand why newsgroups are not incorporated into Outlook 2003. Now when I can get "news" to be listed on the go menu of Outlook 2003, it opens outlook express for me, but my "news" button keeps vanishing and I can't add it back becuase it is not listed in the options under the Go category in the categorize menus area. :-( And I can't open Outlook Express by itself, when I click Express icon in start menu, 2003 opens. :-( Outlook has always opened OE for news reading. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Intern...

Public folder1101 event viewer messages
We have Exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. We are getting public folder error messages - error occured on message (xxx) during a background cleanup on database first storage group/public folders. These are safe to ignore however I want to get rid of the messages so that the Exchange server event viewer is clean. How do I find which messages are faulty and how do I remove them from the public folder database. I have been told about message searching but do not know how to do it. thanks Kath On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:08:02 -0700, Kaddie <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote: >...